Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 13-11-2013, 11:24 AM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default Conspiracy theories...

..there are many conspiracy theories surrounding things like Rosswell, the assignation of JFK, whether the moon landings were actually faked..is Elvis Presley still alive..etc....do you believe in any conspiracy theories...and which ones..?...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 11:26 AM #2

No

I deal in Facts
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 11:28 AM #3
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I think some of them are interesting, the ones about Kurt Cobains death are amusing but I would never say I believe any of them really not saying some aren't possible but how would I know for sure?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 11:29 AM #4
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

I believe that certain people are half right but that the end goals aren't as sinister of diabolically driven as they are making out.

In a broad sense governments mess up, impose far too much social control and commit heinous acts not because they are driven by evil but because ... well ... they're a bit daft like that, really. A lot of this stuff is still worth pointing out and still worth listening to. You just need to learn to discern.

Someone like David Icke in all honesty has a few interesting things to say on the nature of reality. It's when he gets into dogmatic specifics about his entire overarching world view that things get hilarious. It's well worth sifting through his content though if you have a few hours to spare on an empty weekend.

As usual the truth lies in the middle. Just like hardcore atheists and the dogmatic adherents of the patriarchal religions equally alienate me, so to do the ardent "everything can be answered by a conspiracy theory" bedroom experts and those who want absolutely nothing to do with alternate information because it's for weirdos like me.

Last edited by Stu; 13-11-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 11:31 AM #5
User banned

User banned

They can't all be wrong
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 11:33 AM #6
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I believe that certain people are half right but that the end goals aren't as sinister of diabolically driven as they are making out.

In a broad sense governments mess up, impose far too much social control and commit heinous acts not because they are driven by evil but because ... well ... they're a bit daft like that, really. A lot of this stuff is still worth pointing out and still worth listening to. You just need to learn to discern.

Someone like David Icke in all honesty has a few interesting things to say on the nature of reality. It's when he gets into dogmatic specifics about his entire overarching world view that things get hilarious. It's well worth sifting through his content though if you have a few hours to spare on an empty weekend.

As usual the truth lies in the middle. Just like hardcore atheists and the dogmatic adherents of the patriarchal religions equally alienate me, so to do the ardent "everything can be answered by a conspiracy theory" bedroom experts and those who want absolutely nothing to do with alternate information because it's for weirdos like me.

..you mean more of a covering up of mistakes which are damaging as opposed to any actual intent to do something..?..
Old 13-11-2013, 11:36 AM #7
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..you mean more of a covering up of mistakes which are damaging as opposed to any actual intent to do something..?..
Or perhaps a bit of both. People in power can be driven by intense greed and can exhibit all the nastier sides of that trifle known as the human ego. I just think it's in large part the fault of human nature and not done with the sort of ultra malicious, satanic intent on enslaving global government some people make out.

I like what Joe Rogan once said when he claimed anyone actually wanting to be the most powerful man in the world probably shouldn't be allowed.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 11:41 AM #8

I really believed the Paul McCartney is dead conspiracy - the info I read all made so much sense. I am incredibly gullible though
Old 13-11-2013, 11:44 AM #9
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Annie

The ones about governments having cures for colds/flu/cancer etc but hiding them because they'd cripple the drugs industry may have a ring of truth, well makes me think I wouldn't be surprised anyway!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 13-11-2013, 11:46 AM #10
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Or perhaps a bit of both. People in power can be driven by intense greed and can exhibit all the nastier sides of that trifle known as the human ego. I just think it's in large part the fault of human nature and not done with the sort of ultra malicious, satanic intent on enslaving global government some people make out.

I like what Joe Rogan once said when he claimed anyone actually wanting to be the most powerful man in the world probably shouldn't be allowed.
..yeah, I do agree with that, if you lust for power then you're probably the last person it should be given to..and I think in governments, there must be 'human errors' made which if known would be extremely damaging to them..because nothing is without errors but in some walks of life that has more potential effects than others, so there must be lots of things that are 'covered up' and then maybe hears something/is told something..a half fact type thing and that's how it evolves into a 'conspiracy' but a lot of that might be a Chinese whispers things and things added/misunderstood etc....

..I always find these 'the real truth' type stories interesting though because there isn't anything that couldn't be 'slanted' by only relating some information and leaving the balanced side of it out....
Old 13-11-2013, 11:49 AM #11
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Annie

The ones about governments having cures for colds/flu/cancer etc but hiding them because they'd cripple the drugs industry may have a ring of truth, well makes me think I wouldn't be surprised anyway!
..I wonder if that's a conspiracy theory that comes from the fact that some drugs are very reluctantly prescribed because they are very expensive, so maybe a cheaper but possibly less effective alternative could be offered instead...

..I don't know actually, I'm making this up lol...
Old 13-11-2013, 12:00 PM #12
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

I watched quite a few 911 conspiracy documentaries. Some of them are frankly laughable but some of them will make you think. The link between the Bin Laden family and the Bush family is very peculiar and there are a lot of strange things that happened that day that have not been explained and furthermore no one seems to want to explain them. For instance, the 4744 put stock options on United airlines and American airlines that happened just prior to the disaster, the demolition of Tower 7, the laughable failure of the USA security system.

I think the general consensus is that the official explanation cannot possibly be true. So, who is lying and why?

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 12:00 PM #13
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

I watched quite a few 911 conspiracy documentaries. Some of them are frankly laughable but some of them will make you think. The link between the Bin Laden family and the Bush family is very peculiar and there are a lot of strange things that happened that day that have not been explained and furthermore no one seems to want to explain them. For instance, the 4744 put stock options on United airlines and American airlines that happened just prior to the disaster, the demolition of Tower 7, the laughable failure of the USA security system.

I think the general consensus is that the official explanation cannot possibly be true. So, who is lying and why?

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Old 13-11-2013, 12:05 PM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

..maybe some explanations can't be given because for some reason it would be a threat to National Security to do so ...
Old 13-11-2013, 12:07 PM #15
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I reckon if there's some truth to any of them the governments flood the net with other conspiracies to distract people

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 13-11-2013, 12:17 PM #16
0_o

0_o

I think its wrong to write off anyone who questions stuff as a conspiracy nut. I really do. Some 'conspiracy theories' in the past have turned out to be anything but theories.

I do believe in a couple..or variations on the 'official' conspiracy anyway

9/11 has always puzzled me. I just dont see how that much could be pulled off without detection, I really dont. I dont believe all the 'bush blew the towers up' stuff, nor that it was missiles. But my opinion is that the American government knew about the attacks and let them happen.

I also believe Diana was murdered, rather than it being an accident
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 13-11-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 12:24 PM #17
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..maybe some explanations can't be given because for some reason it would be a threat to National Security to do so ...
Possibly but to try and cover it up seems even more suspicious.

For instance , someone bought 4744 put stock options on the last day of trading before the disaster on UA and AA stock. They effectively bet the stock was gonna fall. Obviously it did due to the disaster. The NYSE owes someone 2.5 million dollars due to their correct guess that the stock was gonna go down yet no one has ever claimed that money. Some say 4744 is not that high a number but most people agree it is quite high thus it seems someone definitely knew something was gonna happen to United airline and American airlines and its suspicious the fact the trade took place on the last day before the disaster.

The NYSE does not need to disclose who bought the stock but it would be relatively easy for the FBi to find out. Why has no one found out?

Alot of suspicious things happened around the date of September 11 2001.

Quote:

Last edited by GiRTh; 13-11-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 13-11-2013, 12:27 PM #18
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I believe that GiRTh was the man on the grassy knoll.

You heard it here first...
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 12:29 PM #19
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I believe that GiRTh was the man on the grassy knoll.

You heard it here first...
I'm just a Patsy.

Quote:
Old 13-11-2013, 12:31 PM #20
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I'm just a Patsy.
Frankly, that emoticon just compounds your guilt. I hope you can live with yourself...
Old 13-11-2013, 12:34 PM #21
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Possibly but to try and cover it up seems even more suspicious.

For instance , someone bought 4744 put stock options on the last day of trading before the disaster on UA and AA stock. They effectively bet the stock was gonna fall. Obviously it did due to the disaster. The NYSE owes someone 2.5 million dollars due to their correct guess that the stock was gonna go down yet no one has ever claimed that money. Some say 4744 is not that high a number but most people agree it is quite high thus it seems someone definitely knew something was gonna happen to United airline and American airlines and its suspicious the fact the trade took place on the last day before the disaster.

The NYSE does not need to disclose who bought the stock but it would be relatively easy for the FBi to find out. Why has no one found out?

Alot of suspicious things happened around the date of September 11 2001.
..I hadn't heard anything about the stock but if that person did know something, then surely that was quite a stupid thing to do because it would be too obvious and raise questions/suspicions and as you said, the FBI would be able to discover who they were, so what would be the point.. they would know that they couldn't reveal themselves by claiming the money either...I don't have an explanation of why it wasn't claimed but just the fact that it happened at all, seems to me that it was some kind of bizarre random thing....
Old 13-11-2013, 12:38 PM #22
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Frankly, that emoticon just compounds your guilt. I hope you can live with yourself...
LOL

I watch them cuz the image of the planes hitting the tower fascinates me. I literally go ‘WOW’ every time I see the plane go into the tower and the ensuing fire ball. I’m just a kid at heart.

Quote:
Old 13-11-2013, 12:46 PM #23
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..I hadn't heard anything about the stock but if that person did know something, then surely that was quite a stupid thing to do because it would be too obvious and raise questions/suspicions and as you said, the FBI would be able to discover who they were, so what would be the point.. they would know that they couldn't reveal themselves by claiming the money either...I don't have an explanation of why it wasn't claimed but just the fact that it happened at all, seems to me that it was some kind of bizarre random thing....
Possible, but still suspicious that the transaction took place the last day of trading.

Also, but I'm not sure of the detail and will have to look them up, the plane that hit the pentagon performed an incredible maneuver just before it hit. Many experienced pilots say they could not have performed that maneuver but its generally agreed the pilot was an inexperienced pilot.

All strange.

Quote:
Old 13-11-2013, 12:47 PM #24
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I think its wrong to write off anyone who questions stuff as a conspiracy nut. I really do. Some 'conspiracy theories' in the past have turned out to be anything but theories.

I do believe in a couple..or variations on the 'official' conspiracy anyway

9/11 has always puzzled me. I just dont see how that much could be pulled off without detection, I really dont. I dont believe all the 'bush blew the towers up' stuff, nor that it was missiles. But my opinion is that the American government knew about the attacks and let them happen.

I also believe Diana was murdered, rather than it being an accident
Why would they do that though?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 13-11-2013, 12:48 PM #25
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
LOL

I watch them cuz the image of the planes hitting the tower fascinates me. I literally go ‘WOW’ every time I see the plane go into the tower and the ensuing fire ball. I’m just a kid at heart.
Aww that's a lovely story, G. What kid wouldn't want to watch hundreds of people crash and burn?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
conspiracy, theories