Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 PM #251

He should be allowed to give his opinion, no hate there at all.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 PM #252
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
I hope this isn't about me, the last time I spoke with Jack was saying how we might have a series where we agree which would be nice after all the times we've disagreed and argued over housemates in the past, because you said you liked Ollie
Lucas dont insult my intelligence, I can read ,people really ought to read your and Jacks wall (and others you work in a pack with ) you are not the forums sweethearts you make out you are
Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 PM #253
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty42 View Post
He should be allowed to give his opinion, no hate there at all.
EXACTLY
Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 PM #254

Celebrity Big Brother 2014 bosses have warned Evander Holyfield after the boxer told Luisa Zissman he suggested homosexuality can be cured, and compared it to being ‘handicapped’.

The pair had spent almost all their time in the house together thanks to the series launch twist, which saw the housemates being paired off and handcuffed together until further notice.

However, former Apprentice contestant Luisa became uncomfortable with Evander last night when she asked him whether there are any gay people in boxing, leading the heavyweight champion to reveal his opinions on same-sex relationships.

After Evander said he thinks they “ain’t normal”, Luisa attempted to end the conversation – which had not come to light until it was aired on Channel 5 this evening – but he proceeded to imply that homosexuality could be ‘fixed’.

The transcript of their chat, as aired in the latest highlights show, is as follows:

Luisa: Is there any gay boxers?

Evander: Yeah, I’m sure there is.

Luisa: Is it public knowledge?

Evander: Ain’t no-one came out and said they were.

Luisa: I think it’s really bad that no-one stands up and says it in the sporting industries. I think it’s good to be open about that because it’s normal.

Evander: What would be good about it? That ain’t normal.

Luisa: We shouldn’t have this conversation. No, let’s not have this conversation, it won’t be good.

Evander: The bible let’s you know, that’s wrong, that’s right.

Luisa: That’s just the way some people are.

Evander: No, it don’t make no difference. If you were born and your leg were turned this way, what do you do, you go to the doctor and get it fixed back right.

Luisa: It’s not about being fixed, it’s about… that’s just the way that you are.

Evander: No no no no no, you mean to tell me…

Luisa: I really don’t want to have this conversation.

Evander: I’m not mad, I’m just saying…

Luisa: You don’t understand, I don’t think it’s an appropriate conversation to have in this house, honestly.

Evander: All I’m trying to tell you, you know how handicapped people are born, you can’t say because they were born that way…

Luisa: You can’t compare, of course you can’t compare someone that’s gay to someone that’s handicapped, it’s not a choice.

Evander: Yes it is a choice, come on, that ain’t the way nobody is made.

Luisa: I’m tired. I don’t think people have a choice in their sexuality, or they would be unhappy.

Today, Big Brother called Evander to the Diary Room to caution him about offensive language, but stopped short of giving him an formal reprimand.

“Before you entered the Big Brother house, the rules regarding unacceptable language and behaviour were explained to you. Last night, in a conversation with Luisa, you expressed the view that being gay was not normal and that it could be fixed,” explained Big Brother.

“While Big Brother understands these are the views you hold, they aren’t the views that are held by a large section of society and expressing these views will be extremely offensive to many people. Do you understand why?”

“Yeah I understand why, I forgot about the thing,” Evander answered. “I was just telling her my opinion, but it’s not like I was gonna mention it to anybody else, that was just our conversation.”

“Big Brother does not tolerate the use of offensive language and must therefore warn you to consider very carefully the effect expressing such views may have and the harm and offence you may cause by repeating these views inside the house,” the all-seeing eye continued. “Do you understand, Evander?”

“Okay then,” said Evander. “Yes I do.”

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/cbb13/news/01...#ixzz2pZPB4icY
Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 PM #255
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
No he didnt ,hes very religious and 100% right when he said "In the Bible its classed as wrong " this is true ,Luissa asked him a question ,he answered ,What wrong in that baffles me
My Nan is very religious too, people call her Dot because of how devout she is but she's not narrow minded enough to believe everything written millions of years ago is relevant now and she adores my cousin whos gay, she treats him exactly the same as the rest of us.

He's entitled to his opinion sure but I'm entitled to think it's a horrible opinion he should be ashamed of having.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:35 PM #256
more more more

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
BB15: Ashleigh

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
EXACTLY
no shouting

Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM #257
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

pmsl the last thing I'm considered on here is a 'forum sweetheart'
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM #258
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Well I was not happy wth what he said or the way he portrayed his view. I found the response from him unacceptable on the issue.

I said earlier the BB house is not a private house where people have private conversations, he said on public TV he thought being gay was wrong and went on to compoare it with being handicapped thereby indicating those who are gay could do something about it to maybe 'cure' it.

It is opinions like that reinforce the old discriminatory views and attitudes towards gay communities
That is where he was wrong and way out of order, he is entitled to his view, even if it is totally wrong, but keep that view to himself and not spout out his rubbish on a National TV programme.

When asked the question by Luisa, (knowing his own views on the subject), he is a man of some age he should have said that is not a discussion I want to have and would prefer not to answer, that was the simple way out.
He was not however, having a private conversation with Luisa because there is no such thing as private conversations in the BB house whatsoever.
so ban all conversation? outlaw all varying opinions on everything? absurd ...typical radical liberalist waffle
the only way things move forward is through open communication and education
in this specific case CBB was sly and should either have shown it and not warned him or not shown it at all
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM #259

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dan
The Apprentice 2013: Alex

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dan
The Apprentice 2013: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
possibly the stupidest thing every written by an alleged human being
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM #260
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman! View Post
can you please say something else apart from shut your pie hole it's annoying as fk
Shut your cake hole
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM #261

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinp5 View Post
Celebrity Big Brother 2014 bosses have warned Evander Holyfield after the boxer told Luisa Zissman he suggested homosexuality can be cured, and compared it to being ‘handicapped’.

The pair had spent almost all their time in the house together thanks to the series launch twist, which saw the housemates being paired off and handcuffed together until further notice.

However, former Apprentice contestant Luisa became uncomfortable with Evander last night when she asked him whether there are any gay people in boxing, leading the heavyweight champion to reveal his opinions on same-sex relationships.

After Evander said he thinks they “ain’t normal”, Luisa attempted to end the conversation – which had not come to light until it was aired on Channel 5 this evening – but he proceeded to imply that homosexuality could be ‘fixed’.

The transcript of their chat, as aired in the latest highlights show, is as follows:

Luisa: Is there any gay boxers?

Evander: Yeah, I’m sure there is.

Luisa: Is it public knowledge?

Evander: Ain’t no-one came out and said they were.

Luisa: I think it’s really bad that no-one stands up and says it in the sporting industries. I think it’s good to be open about that because it’s normal.

Evander: What would be good about it? That ain’t normal.

Luisa: We shouldn’t have this conversation. No, let’s not have this conversation, it won’t be good.

Evander: The bible let’s you know, that’s wrong, that’s right.

Luisa: That’s just the way some people are.

Evander: No, it don’t make no difference. If you were born and your leg were turned this way, what do you do, you go to the doctor and get it fixed back right.

Luisa: It’s not about being fixed, it’s about… that’s just the way that you are.

Evander: No no no no no, you mean to tell me…

Luisa: I really don’t want to have this conversation.

Evander: I’m not mad, I’m just saying…

Luisa: You don’t understand, I don’t think it’s an appropriate conversation to have in this house, honestly.

Evander: All I’m trying to tell you, you know how handicapped people are born, you can’t say because they were born that way…

Luisa: You can’t compare, of course you can’t compare someone that’s gay to someone that’s handicapped, it’s not a choice.

Evander: Yes it is a choice, come on, that ain’t the way nobody is made.

Luisa: I’m tired. I don’t think people have a choice in their sexuality, or they would be unhappy.

Today, Big Brother called Evander to the Diary Room to caution him about offensive language, but stopped short of giving him an formal reprimand.

“Before you entered the Big Brother house, the rules regarding unacceptable language and behaviour were explained to you. Last night, in a conversation with Luisa, you expressed the view that being gay was not normal and that it could be fixed,” explained Big Brother.

“While Big Brother understands these are the views you hold, they aren’t the views that are held by a large section of society and expressing these views will be extremely offensive to many people. Do you understand why?”

“Yeah I understand why, I forgot about the thing,” Evander answered. “I was just telling her my opinion, but it’s not like I was gonna mention it to anybody else, that was just our conversation.”

“Big Brother does not tolerate the use of offensive language and must therefore warn you to consider very carefully the effect expressing such views may have and the harm and offence you may cause by repeating these views inside the house,” the all-seeing eye continued. “Do you understand, Evander?”

“Okay then,” said Evander. “Yes I do.”

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/cbb13/news/01...#ixzz2pZPB4icY
Thanks for that erin,makes it easier to follow

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 05-01-2014, 10:37 PM #262
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
in all honesty its extremely sad that a black American boxing champion can be so narrow minded, to the fact that gay people don't have a choice when it comes to sexuality in the same way a person does not get to choose the color of their skin.
What this got to do with the colour of his skin or his profession ?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:37 PM #263
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Actually thinking about it Michael, you sit their and tell me I actively support homophobia. What do you actively go out and do to help the cause? This isnt a rude question, Id like to know if you actually do anything for it.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Old 05-01-2014, 10:39 PM #264

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
pmsl the last thing I'm considered on here is a 'forum sweetheart'
You're an 'orrible *******.

But yeah I'm no sweetheart and I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, I don't have a problem with you anymore Chuff, but you can say what you feel, I know you're opinionated, as am I!

Anyway back on topic, is there a topic anymore idek. Yeah Evander can say what he feels, but I don't agree with him!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 PM #265
User banned

User banned

luissa began the whole conversation and stressed her opinion homosexuality is normal
evander was in effect asked his opinion and he gave it. then he was punished simpky for giving his own opinion, even though it was clearly not intended to offend he was put on the spot. would you all prefer he pretended to agreewith luissa? or that he said nothing? hed have been hammered then for being boring
Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 PM #266
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
so ban all conversation? outlaw all varying opinions on everything? absurd ...typical radical liberalist waffle
the only way things move forward is through open communication and education
in this specific case CBB was sly and should either have shown it and not warned him or not shown it at all
In no way am I saying that and you know fine well I am not, this thread is asking for opinions on what he said and what we saw for ourselves as to what he said and the way he said it.
I have given mine and stated he irritated me for the resons I have set out in at least 3 posts now.

It was said on here that he was in a private conversation with Luisa, I stress again, there are no such things as private conversations in the BB house.
I still think he was wrong and out of order and duly warranted the talk/warning that then ensued.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 PM #267
Banned

Banned

I think the issues of race and sexuality are very similar and comparable, you don't choose the colour of your skin and you can't choose your sexuality, both are just simply apart of who you are.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:41 PM #268
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
What this got to do with the colour of his skin or his profession ?
coming from a country that had black people as slaves, he is a hypocrite. his opinions on gay people is no better than the white people who believed black people to be an inferior race.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:41 PM #269
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I think the issues of race and sexuality are very similar and comparable, you don't choose the colour of your skin and you can't choose your sexuality, both are just simply apart of who you are.
Absolutely right.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:42 PM #270
Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB 13: Liz Jones

Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB 13: Liz Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
in all honesty its extremely sad that a black American boxing champion can be so narrow minded, to the fact that gay people don't have a choice when it comes to sexuality in the same way a person does not get to choose the color of their skin.
It's not important if black/gay people were born that way, if they had chosen to be that they should still be respected and treated the same way.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 PM #271
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
You're an 'orrible *******.

But yeah I'm no sweetheart and I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, I don't have a problem with you anymore Chuff, but you can say what you feel, I know you're opinionated, as am I!

Anyway back on topic, is there a topic anymore idek. Yeah Evander can say what he feels, but I don't agree with him!
That is YOUR choice ,same as its MY choice to think no one has a right to tell people what they can or cannot say ,and even worse than that what they THINK,people who say "You have to think like me" are arrogant getts
Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 PM #272
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Actually thinking about it Michael, you sit their and tell me I actively support homophobia. What do you actively go out and do to help the cause? This isnt a rude question, Id like to know if you actually do anything for it.
Not that it's any of your business, but I'm actually part of a peer support group in which we get allocated somebody who is struggling in their lives and we meet up with them once a week just to act as a friend to them, and the girl I've been meeting with for 6 months now, Yasmin, was bullied out of school after she was outed as bisexual by her best friend.

And I've also been part of The Human Rights Group within my high school which has provided support for people who are struggling with any type of discrimination, homophobia included, but away from support it was more about spreading awareness on all issues to do with human rights, from genocide in Tibet, to the ill treatment in North Korea, to issues like homophobia and racism in our own country. And we have done classes, assemblies, and fundraising type things as part of this.

So in short, yes.

Last edited by M X; 05-01-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 PM #273
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
It's not important if black/gay people were born that way, if they had chosen to be that they should still be respected and treated the same way.
you wont get an argument from me about your post.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 PM #274
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
so following your train of logic its ok for evander to bring disability and homosexuality into the same sentence?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 PM #275

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That is YOUR choice ,same as its MY choice to think no one has a right to tell people what they can or cannot say ,and even worse than that what they THINK,people who say "You have to think like me" are arrogant getts
Absolutely.. personally I'd like if everybody thought like me, Arcade Fire would be the biggest band in the world. But unfortunately I know people are allowed their own opinions and I respect that!
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
convo, defence, evander, gays, luisa