Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 31-01-2014, 03:05 PM #76

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
because youre accusing me of pigeon holing ALL women just because I dont like your hero lusia, that is reverse sexism to imply and falsely labely someone as somehow anti women just because they dont like an individual as vile as luisa
I didn't accuse you of sexism or of being anti-women. I said you have a narrow idea of how a woman should behave because of everything you said in your post 43 in this thread.

At the end of your post you said that you expect women to be:

"honest , decent , loyal , kind and hard working".

Yet you are a fan of Jim Davidson, whose behaviour and remarks to Casey were inappropriate, given that his 5th wife was watching. His 4th marriage ended because of his affair with Debbie Corrigan. He wasn't honest when he denied bringing up Frank Carson's dressing room. His previous behaviour included bragging and joking about giving his wife black eyes in his autobiography. Here's a recent article I read about him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...duced-her.html

Jim is far from perfect.

I have been accused on this forum countless times of being a "Jim fan" because I can be objective and comment on good things about him. I don't want to criticise anyone, but I am pointing out a certain anomaly between what you expect from women, and what you accept in men.

Last edited by Seraphim; 31-01-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 08:01 PM #77
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
I didn't accuse you of sexism or of being anti-women. I said you have a narrow idea of how a woman should behave because of everything you said in your post 43 in this thread.

At the end of your post you said that you expect women to be:

"honest , decent , loyal , kind and hard working".

Yet you are a fan of Jim Davidson, whose behaviour and remarks to Casey were inappropriate, given that his 5th wife was watching. His 4th marriage ended because of his affair with Debbie Corrigan. He wasn't honest when he denied bringing up Frank Carson's dressing room. His previous behaviour included bragging and joking about giving his wife black eyes in his autobiography. Here's a recent article I read about him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...duced-her.html

Jim is far from perfect.

I have been accused on this forum countless times of being a "Jim fan" because I can be objective and comment on good things about him. I don't want to criticise anyone, but I am pointing out a certain anomaly between what you expect from women, and what you accept in men.

youre living in the dark ages

comics these days do make double entendres, riske jokes and those with humour know its just a joke....also mens rights have evolved since the 1990s men are allowed to verbally stick up for themselves now and fight fire with fire
women are now tough enough to take the verbals they give out too....except luisa is decades behind the times, she thinks she can hide behind the fact she has a fufu to dish out bullying abuse....she cant she needs to catch up with mens rights
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:00 PM #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Shes been epic....So entertaining, I literally think its really greedy and ungrateful to love watching her and being entertained by her as reflected in all the polls yet turn up and boo her.

Basically chew her up, spit her out.

Is it me aswell or does the crowd seem smaller tonight? Not that that's a bad thing lol.

Please no "OFF OFF OFF's"
Silly brainless girls who don't have the brain cells to realise by hating on a woman for being brave enough to stand up to the sexist sterotypes still rife in today's society - they only condone and reinforce an attitude and behaviour that will one day have a negative impact on their own lives.

Sexism affects all women, including them, they don't seem to understand that. Bunch of idiots. Give me a brazen woman like Luisa to a bunch of weak conditioned robots like the females in that audience.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:04 PM #79

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
Silly brainless girls who don't have the brain cells to realise by hating on a woman for being brave enough to stand up to the sexist sterotypes still rife in today's society - they only condone and reinforce an attitude and behaviour that will one day have a negative impact on their own lives.

Sexism affects all women, including them, they don't seem to understand that. Bunch of idiots. Give me a brazen woman like Luisa to a bunch of weak conditioned robots like the females in that audience.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:24 PM #80

Quote:

What is it they say - great minds think alike.

Seriously though, in this day and age I cannot fathom why so many young girls who benefit from the 'freedoms' they have today, denied women previously, seemingly despise, strong, independent women. All many seem to want to do is 'fit in' and seek approval and popularity with men by conforming to sexual double standards. I think what they really despite is their own lack of confidence and their weakness leading to jealousy of women who do have the backbone.

People should stop worrying about the sexual behaviour of consenting adults regardless of their gender - it should be irrelevant, and just concern themselves with their own personal values.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:34 AM #81
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Then surely that 'freedom' that women have also applies to them being able to think for themselves & judge as they see fit?? For you to slag off women for not fitting into your own defined little box stinks far more than whatever opinions they may have...

Last edited by flamingGalah!; 02-02-2014 at 11:34 AM.
flamingGalah! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:43 AM #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Then surely that 'freedom' that women have also applies to them being able to think for themselves & judge as they see fit?? For you to slag off women for not fitting into your own defined little box stinks far more than whatever opinions they may have...
Maybe - but their inability to either understand or care about the effect their views and behaviour has on women as a whole is extremely frustrating.

Many of the young ones will change their views when they acquire some real life experience and see the damage such views can cause to them as women, but that doesn't stop the frustration of others at the naivity of their youth.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:55 PM #83

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Can we not just get off the topic of sexism?

Its in every thread now and is getting BORING!
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:13 PM #84

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Can we not just get off the topic of sexism?

Its in every thread now and is getting BORING!
The problem started with this post, Daniel:

Quote:
Disagree 100% with the original post here. She was awful, a horrible self centred nasty bore, displayed zero ability to laugh at herself and showed zero humility too....also had the worst voice imaginable. and absolute bore, totally unfunny in every way and also a sexist man hater. oh and a total coward who became lindas bitch , except when linda left to boos. total fraud and imo the leats likeable and least amusing or entertaining.
The same poster tried to justify his/her views and in doing so, dug a deeper and deeper hole for himself/herself. I don't see anything wrong with engaging in a debate about how societal sexism translates itself into the voting choices of the BB viewers, and how an assertive young woman's behaviour is misinterpreted by others who have been influenced by social conditioning.

I find it quite interesting, actually.

Last edited by Seraphim; 02-02-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:58 PM #85

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

The same poster tried to justify his/her views and in doing so, dug a deeper and deeper hole for himself/herself. I don't see anything wrong with engaging in a debate about how societal sexism translates itself into the voting choices of the BB viewers, and how an assertive young woman's behaviour is misinterpreted by others who have been influenced by social conditioning.

I don't find it interesting at all seeing as the user who posted that comment posts the same thing in every thread turning it into a heated debate about sexism ect which will never end because neither person will back down and get over it.

I thought I had silenced HIM with my response to which he had no comeback but then other people took the bait and this thread has snowballed again into such an over discussed topic on here.

Seriously sexism really needs its own sticky thread its just dominating and ruining every topic.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 02-02-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:27 PM #86
User banned

User banned

Quote:

it is a shame social conditioning allows us to stereotype and slander men without fear of impingement, yet we do not have such carte blanche to slag off women.....I relaly feel this misandry is rpevalent now throughout society and is creating many of our social disorders. the misandrists , the man haters and the self loathing males are like dinosaurs about 30 years behond the times.....men have had less rights, less support, less charities, less money spent on their health and legal support , less support for fathers, less support for boys flaling behind in classes and less support and less recognotion of the fact male suicides are 4 times the rate of female suicides across the entire world....posters misandrists and hetrophobes choose to ignore this and show they dont give a damn. this tells you a lot about the passive aggressive male hate that is rife in this country....time we evolved and looked at the massive imbalance against men
Old 02-02-2014, 04:05 PM #87

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
it is a shame social conditioning allows us to stereotype and slander men without fear of impingement, yet we do not have such carte blanche to slag off women.....I relaly feel this misandry is rpevalent now throughout society and is creating many of our social disorders. the misandrists , the man haters and the self loathing males are like dinosaurs about 30 years behond the times.....men have had less rights, less support, less charities, less money spent on their health and legal support , less support for fathers, less support for boys flaling behind in classes and less support and less recognotion of the fact male suicides are 4 times the rate of female suicides across the entire world....posters misandrists and hetrophobes choose to ignore this and show they dont give a damn. this tells you a lot about the passive aggressive male hate that is rife in this country....time we evolved and looked at the massive imbalance against men
You seem to slag off women quite well.

She was awful, a horrible self centred nasty bore, displayed zero ability to laugh at herself and showed zero humility too....also had the worst voice imaginable. and absolute bore, totally unfunny in every way and also a sexist man hater. oh and a total coward who became lindas bitch , except when linda left to boos. total fraud

I don't think one thread has been made from any other member talking about Jim solely based on him being a man. It's irrelevant.

Don't you agree that we shouldn't judge someone on their genitalia but instead just focus on their character?

Constantly dragging up the "ism" talk is going round in circles and quite frankly is going very overboard. I made a thread about Luisa getting booed and now its turned into statistics including male suicide, men's rights and education?

I don't think the crowd booing are intelligent enough to boo her because of those reasons lol.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 02-02-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:21 PM #88
User banned

User banned

Quote:
You seem to slag off women quite well.

She was awful, a horrible self centred nasty bore, displayed zero ability to laugh at herself and showed zero humility too....also had the worst voice imaginable. and absolute bore, totally unfunny in every way and also a sexist man hater. oh and a total coward who became lindas bitch , except when linda left to boos. total fraud

I don't think one thread has been made from any other member talking about Jim solely based on him being a man. It's irrelevant.

Don't you agree that we shouldn't judge someone on their genitalia but instead just focus on their character?

Constantly dragging up the "ism" talk is going round in circles and quite frankly is going very overboard. I made a thread about Luisa getting booed and now its turned into statistics including male suicide, men's rights and education?

I don't think the crowd booing are intelligent enough to boo her because of those reasons lol.
thats a woman not women, so youre wrong, yet again.
as always you show zero empathy for male issues and problems.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:00 PM #89

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
thats a woman not women, so youre wrong, yet again.
as always you show zero empathy for male issues and problems.
Really? A childish comeback? In the previous post you were talking about Linda as well as women in general and their rights, that's WOMEN so you're wrong.

You even mention the word WOMEN lol.

I am a male just so you're aware, so this whole male rights argument is void, I just don't think poor me, poor me im so hard done by.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 02-02-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:30 PM #90
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Really? A childish comeback? In the previous post you were talking about Linda as well as women in general and their rights, that's WOMEN so you're wrong.

You even mention the word WOMEN lol.

I am a male just so you're aware, so this whole male rights argument is void, I just don't think poor me, poor me im so hard done by.
Its not void at all. what a vapid statement
Old 02-02-2014, 09:51 PM #91

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Its not void at all. what a vapid statement
You acknowledged nothing else in that post lol. Over this sexist chat now anyway you will allways think men are poor victims in society and women get away with whatever they want.

I'll continue to stay away from generalising people and pigeon holing groups, just causes conflict and division.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 PM #92
User banned

User banned

Quote:
You acknowledged nothing else in that post lol. Over this sexist chat now anyway you will allways think men are poor victims in society and women get away with whatever they want.

I'll continue to stay away from generalising people and pigeon holing groups, just causes conflict and division.
try and quit the male bashing its getting tedious
Old 02-02-2014, 09:57 PM #93

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
try and quit the male bashing its getting tedious
Where am I male bashing? LOL Please show me because you constantly call me a heterophobe and when I ask for you to show me how you think I am you have nothing.

Don't accuse if you cant be arsed to back yourself up, I was commenting on your general opinion which is well known after all the threads. I said nothing directly insulting towards men.

Again let me emphasise I AM A MAN lol

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 02-02-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:26 PM #94
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Where am I male bashing? LOL Please show me because you constantly call me a heterophobe and when I ask for you to show me how you think I am you have nothing.

Don't accuse if you cant be arsed to back yourself up, I was commenting on your general opinion which is well known after all the threads. I said nothing directly insulting towards men.

being a self loathing man is part of the problem sadly, still best to move on as youre trolling for an infraction as always
Old 03-02-2014, 01:49 PM #95

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
men have had less rights, less support, less charities, less money spent on their health and legal support , less support for fathers, less support for boys flaling behind in classes
If this is true then it is entirely men's fault, since they dominate the political and legal arenas which make the laws, and hold most of the top spots in media outlets which influence people's views. It is not true, however. Men and women have equal rights by law in the UK and there is equal support available to them in the health and education services. Less support for fathers is generally because the mothers normally take more responsibility for child-rearing.

Quote:
and less support and less recognotion of the fact male suicides are 4 times the rate of female suicides across the entire world....posters misandrists and hetrophobes choose to ignore this and show they dont give a damn. this tells you a lot about the passive aggressive male hate that is rife in this country....time we evolved and looked at the massive imbalance against men
I agree that the rate of young males who commit suicide is higher than that of women. In this thread, we have seen you launch a personal attack on a young male poster because his view differed from your own. Rather than engaging on the issues he raised, here is a selection of what you wrote to him:

"anti hetro men"
"you provoke others to dleiberately try and get people infracted"
"pathetic."
"zero empathy for male issues and problems."
"what a vapid statement"
"quit the male bashing its getting tedious"
"being a self loathing man is part of the problem sadly,"

If your attitude and abusive behaviour is typical of a certain type of man in this day and age, then it's no wonder their male offspring feel suicidal. It's not typical in my social group, thank goodness.

I think blinkered attitudes like yours are the reason that men can feel suicidal. The expectation that they be in control, tough, macho and powerful doesn't enable them to express their feelings and they have nowhere to turn when they're in difficulties.

Thank goodness the world is changing, and people are creating more healthy and nurturing relationships with others, regardless of sex, views, race, colour, creed, etc.. That's not to say things are perfect, but we're a work in progress.

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:13 PM #96

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
If this is true then it is entirely men's fault, since they dominate the political and legal arenas which make the laws, and hold most of the top spots in media outlets which influence people's views. It is not true, however. Men and women have equal rights by law in the UK and there is equal support available to them in the health and education services. Less support for fathers is generally because the mothers normally take more responsibility for child-rearing.

I agree that the rate of young males who commit suicide is higher than that of women. In this thread, we have seen you launch a personal attack on a young male poster because his view differed from your own. Rather than engaging on the issues he raised, here is a selection of what you wrote to him:

"anti hetro men"
"you provoke others to dleiberately try and get people infracted"
"pathetic."
"zero empathy for male issues and problems."
"what a vapid statement"
"quit the male bashing its getting tedious"
"being a self loathing man is part of the problem sadly,"

If your attitude and abusive behaviour is typical of a certain type of man in this day and age, then it's no wonder their male offspring feel suicidal. It's not typical in my social group, thank goodness.

I think blinkered attitudes like yours are the reason that men can feel suicidal. The expectation that they be in control, tough, macho and powerful doesn't enable them to express their feelings and they have nowhere to turn when they're in difficulties.

Thank goodness the world is changing, and people are creating more healthy and nurturing relationships with others, regardless of sex, views, race, colour, creed, etc.. That's not to say things are perfect, but we're a work in progress.
Brilliant post, and not just coz its backing me lol I just agree with the whole thing.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 03-02-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:15 PM #97

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

I might be one too, for all he knows.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:16 PM #98

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):

If your attitude and abusive behaviour is typical of a certain type of man in this day and age, then it's no wonder their male offspring feel suicidal.

This is one of the most ridiculous statements i have heard for some time.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:18 PM #99

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorson View Post
If your attitude and abusive behaviour is typical of a certain type of man in this day and age, then it's no wonder their male offspring feel suicidal.

This is one of the most ridiculous statements i have heard for some time.
If a child grows up with constant verbal abuse and is continually undermined rather than being taken seriously, they may well end up suicidal. It's not ridiculous. I know what I am talking about, because my entire career has been in the field of emotionally supporting youngsters with social, emotional and psychiatric problems. That includes youngsters who attempted suicide.

Edit to add: I should possibly have added that I wasn't being particularly serious when I wrote that statement. Even though I can justify it. lol

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:20 PM #100

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If a child is continually undermined rather than being taken seriously, they may well feel suicidal. It's not ridiculous. I know what I am talking about, because my entire career has been in the field of emotionally supporting youngsters with social, emotional and psychiatric problems.

No better than whom you are attacking imo.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
booing, ffs, finale, luisa, night