Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:29 PM #101

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorson View Post
No better than whom you are attacking imo.
I don't really see why you feel the need to suddenly jump in and accuse me of attacking truth because I make some observations about the bile which he has been pouring towards anyone in this thread who doesn't share his views.

Do you agree with him?
Seraphim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:31 PM #102
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
If this is true then it is entirely men's fault, since they dominate the political and legal arenas which make the laws, and hold most of the top spots in media outlets which influence people's views. It is not true, however. Men and women have equal rights by law in the UK and there is equal support available to them in the health and education services. Less support for fathers is generally because the mothers normally take more responsibility for child-rearing.

I agree that the rate of young males who commit suicide is higher than that of women. In this thread, we have seen you launch a personal attack on a young male poster because his view differed from your own. Rather than engaging on the issues he raised, here is a selection of what you wrote to him:

"anti hetro men"
"you provoke others to dleiberately try and get people infracted"
"pathetic."
"zero empathy for male issues and problems."
"what a vapid statement"
"quit the male bashing its getting tedious"
"being a self loathing man is part of the problem sadly,"

If your attitude and abusive behaviour is typical of a certain type of man in this day and age, then it's no wonder their male offspring feel suicidal. It's not typical in my social group, thank goodness.

I think blinkered attitudes like yours are the reason that men can feel suicidal. The expectation that they be in control, tough, macho and powerful doesn't enable them to express their feelings and they have nowhere to turn when they're in difficulties.

Thank goodness the world is changing, and people are creating more healthy and nurturing relationships with others, regardless of sex, views, race, colour, creed, etc.. That's not to say things are perfect, but we're a work in progress.
so youre blaming me for male suicide rates being 4 times higher than females across the entire planet? lol. I dont know whether to laugh or cry at the most ridiculous thing ever posted on nay website ever. yes it is good the world is changing and attitudes are becoming more caring for men and for their rights and their health issues and needs. I hope you can update you thinking and catch up with male rights. regardless of sexuality colour and race or religion.

it is time men had the same rights as women and get treated the same in social situations and even in schools where little boys have been allowed to fall behind for decades. lets hope to the massive imbalance between ho wmuch is spent on female health, female charities, female mental health issues too can be re-aligned and we can start to invest far more in male health issues and suicides in particular. on the day a great man like phillip seymour hoffman lost his life, it would be an appropriate tribute to him , to try and tackle male depression and suicides with serious focus and serious financial investment.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:32 PM #103
User banned

User banned

Quote:

I might be one too, for all he knows.
I dont care what gender you are. I care about the message not the messenger. and youre message here is beyond absurd.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:45 PM #104

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
so youre blaming me for male suicide rates being 4 times higher than females across the entire planet? lol. I dont know whether to laugh or cry at the most ridiculous thing ever posted on nay website ever. yes it is good the world is changing and attitudes are becoming more caring for men and for their rights and their health issues and needs. I hope you can update you thinking and catch up with male rights. regardless of sexuality colour and race or religion.

it is time men had the same rights as women and get treated the same in social situations and even in schools where little boys have been allowed to fall behind for decades. lets hope to the massive imbalance between ho wmuch is spent on female health, female charities, female mental health issues too can be re-aligned and we can start to invest far more in male health issues and suicides in particular. on the day a great man like phillip seymour hoffman lost his life, it would be an appropriate tribute to him , to try and tackle male depression and suicides with serious focus and serious financial investment.
I didn't blame you for anything. Here's what I wrote:

'I think blinkered attitudes like yours are the reason that men can feel suicidal. The expectation that they be in control, tough, macho and powerful doesn't enable them to express their feelings and they have nowhere to turn when they're in difficulties.'

I stand by that.

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM #105
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I didn't blame you for anything. Here's what I wrote:

'I think blinkered attitudes like yours are the reason that men can feel suicidal. The expectation that they be in control, tough, macho and powerful doesn't enable them to express their feelings and they have nowhere to turn when they're in difficulties.'

I stand by that.
I think that is more true of you.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:08 PM #106

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't really see why you feel the need to suddenly jump in and accuse me of attacking truth because I make some observations about the bile which he has been pouring towards anyone in this thread who doesn't share his views.

Do you agree with him?

I felt your statement was just very ill thought out and the suggestion it implied rather tasteless given the subject matter.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:22 PM #107

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I think that is more true of you.
I don't have blinkered ideas at all. I accept people the way I find them.

Truth, I have worked in the field of mental health, and there is as much support given to men as women.

It's not always easy to get the help needed in any over-stretched organisation. The health service is no different. Their precious resources tend to be allocated first to those displaying psychosis or who have already made a serious suicide attempt. Everyone else will probably have to persist in order to get help. The grass may appear to be greener on the other side, but it's not easy for anyone regardless of their gender.

Anyone who is experiencing serious mental health problems must first approach their GP and insist on being assessed by a psychiatrist. There are community psychiatric nurses and community psychologists who do home visits, group therapy opportunities, and many community organisations across the UK which offer counseling and support for people with mental health issues who live in the community - both men and women. There are directories of local organisations which might be able to assist, and the social work department might also be able to offer support, care, social opportunities or funding for it when appropriate.

There are also a number of nationwide counseling and listening ear services, including the Samaritans, which are available 24/7. They also hold details of charities which might be appropriate for callers. People can buy self-hypnosis tapes, herbal remedies, self-help books or visit their libraries to borrow books which teach cognitive behaviour therapy techniques, which are very useful in treating depression.

There are a huge number of resources out there for people in need - both men and women.

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:25 PM #108

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I felt your statement was just very ill thought out and the suggestion it implied rather tasteless given the subject matter.
It was intended as a throw-away jibe.. however, when you queried it, it was easy enough to justify.

You still haven't explained why you ignored all the remarks 'truth' made. Do you agree with him?

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:46 PM #109
User banned

User banned

Quote:
It was intended as a throw-away jibe.. however, when you queried it, it was easy enough to justify.

You still haven't explained why you ignored all the remarks 'truth' made. Do you agree with him?
it was in incredibly poor taste and Id suggest if thats the type of statement you make and the way you think they maybe you should be in a different line of work. I am empowering men to fight for their rights, to seek help and advice, Plus I am fighting the fight for the massive imbalance of health spending and charitable support between women and men to be rectified. women get an estimated 3 to 4 times as much money spent on their well being than men. and men commit suicide at 4 times the rate. the correlation there is not a mere coincidence.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:52 PM #110
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

both of you need to upload an avatar and stop bumping this old thread
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:54 PM #111

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

The "no wonder" in your statement being used in an attempt at a jibe to any fellow poster is not something that should be used, joke or not.

And now because you were pulled up on it, you try to bring me into your discussions with said poster.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:06 PM #112
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germyle View Post
both of you need to upload an avatar and stop bumping this old thread
I agree. its time the supporters of this evil woman luisa came to terms with the fact jimbo was a worthy winner and abusive man haters luisa and linda were by far the most sexist people in the house. have you noticed how jimbo has offered to do charity work for lindas charity , but shes still slagging him and the show for samaging her fostering propspects. dreadful women. shes doing all the harm to her reputation all by herself.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:14 PM #113
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

Quote:
I agree. its time the supporters of this evil woman luisa came to terms with the fact jimbo was a worthy winner and abusive man haters luisa and linda were by far the most sexist people in the house. have you noticed how jimbo has offered to do charity work for lindas charity , but shes still slagging him and the show for samaging her fostering propspects. dreadful women. shes doing all the harm to her reputation all by herself.
You agreed with none of his post
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:22 PM #114

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
it was in incredibly poor taste and Id suggest if thats the type of statement you make and the way you think they maybe you should be in a different line of work. I am empowering men to fight for their rights, to seek help and advice, Plus I am fighting the fight for the massive imbalance of health spending and charitable support between women and men to be rectified. women get an estimated 3 to 4 times as much money spent on their well being than men. and men commit suicide at 4 times the rate. the correlation there is not a mere coincidence.
The remarks which you made earlier in the thread were not "empowering". That is what prompted me to make the statement in the first place. If you don't know how potentially damaging these kind of remarks could be to a young person then it's about time you learned.

I don't think that slating people on a BB forum is "fighting the fight" to redress an imbalance in health spending. I personally thought it was an important issue, hence my very detailed post above which outlined different avenues for anyone to explore if they or anyone they know is experiencing mental health problems. All these avenues are available regardless of gender. I was hoping it might prove to be useful information to someone.

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:23 PM #115

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
The "no wonder" in your statement being used in an attempt at a jibe to any fellow poster is not something that should be used, joke or not.

And now because you were pulled up on it, you try to bring me into your discussions with said poster.

So you cannot justify it. lol. I didn't think so.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:25 PM #116

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Old 03-02-2014, 04:27 PM #117

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Huh? Who are you talking about? You appear to be having a conversation mainly with Daniel and me. I have already said that I have no problem with Jim winning. If you look at the threads in which we had to write who we wanted to win, you will see that I wrote that Jim and Luisa should come in the top two with Dappy third. Daniel also wanted Jim and Luisa to come top.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:34 PM #118
User banned

User banned

Quote:
The remarks which you made earlier in the thread were not "empowering". That is what prompted me to make the statement in the first place. If you don't know how potentially damaging these kind of remarks could be to a young person then it's about time you learned.

I don't think that slating people on a BB forum is "fighting the fight" to redress an imbalance in health spending. I personally thought it was an important issue, hence my very detailed post above which outlined different avenues for anyone to explore if they or anyone they know is experiencing mental health problems. All these avenues are available regardless of gender. I was hoping it might prove to be useful information to someone.
I wonder if youd repeat your revolting accusation you made against me to your work coleagues? that men who fight for mens rights are somehow the people repsonsible for incrweasing male suicides?? are you relaly still in that job you claim you do so very well? really?

so you think posting here is of no benefit? so why do you post here? lol
You totally ignore my valid points becuase you have no argument to counter them and because deep down you know full well the enormous problem of male suicide that isnt being addressed enough. and you know about the fact vastly more money is spent on supporting women and womens issues and health problems. you know this yet you choose to ignore it. hardly the unbiased balanced approach of a so called professional? doesnt the massive male suicide rate and the enormous disparity in spending on women over men concern you at all? if not why not?
Old 03-02-2014, 04:35 PM #119
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Huh? Who are you talking about? You appear to be having a conversation mainly with Daniel and me. I have already said that I have no problem with Jim winning. If you look at the threads in which we had to write who we wanted to win, you will see that I wrote that Jim and Luisa should come in the top two with Dappy third. Daniel also wanted Jim and Luisa to come top.
daniel wanted luisa to win and he supported luisa and linda sexually discriminating against imbo. clearly you think daniel needs you as back up to help him. how patronising.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:36 PM #120
User banned

User banned

Quote:

wow so you think this matter of suicide is a laughing matter? and you claim to be a professional in the field? deary me what a disgrace

it is you who cannot justify youre horrific remarks about me pushing men to suicide and no its not alaughing matter
Old 03-02-2014, 04:41 PM #121

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

Quote:
wow so you think this matter of suicide is a laughing matter? and you claim to be a professional in the field? deary me what a disgrace

it is you who cannot justify youre horrific remarks about me pushing men to suicide and no its not alaughing matter
My post above had nothing to do with the matter of suicide. We were discussing an entirely different issue. It would help if you actually read people's posts properly before jumping in and making yourself look silly.

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:48 PM #122

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
daniel wanted luisa to win and he supported luisa and linda sexually discriminating against imbo. clearly you think daniel needs you as back up to help him. how patronising.
How would Daniel need me as a back up? He has already told you who he wanted to win. I was telling you who I wanted to win, and reminding you about Daniel, because you seem to be experiencing some memory issues.

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:50 PM #123
User banned

User banned

Quote:
How would Daniel need me as a back up? He has already told you who he wanted to win. I was telling you who I wanted to win, and reminding you about Daniel, because you seem to be experiencing some memory issues.
no he wanted luisa to win not jimbo and he supported her ddiscriminating against him. all factors you choose to ignore. why?>
Old 03-02-2014, 04:52 PM #124
User banned

User banned

Quote:
My post above had nothing to do with the matter of suicide. We were discussing an entirely different issue. It would help if you actually read people's posts properly before jumping in and making yourself look silly.
silly is better than sick. also suicide isnt a laughing matter as you should now if you really are some kind of health professional. you tired to say I was somehow responsible for the worsening rates of male suicides, thats the most revolting statement ever written on this site. shameful
Old 03-02-2014, 04:56 PM #125

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
silly is better than sick. also suicide isnt a laughing matter as you should now if you really are some kind of health professional. you tired to say I was somehow responsible for the worsening rates of male suicides, thats the most revolting statement ever written on this site. shameful
Your memory seems to be failing you again.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
booing, ffs, finale, luisa, night