Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 08-07-2014, 10:12 PM #1
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):

Default Emotional Manipulation of Kimberly

Ive always thought that Steven wasnt that romantically interested in Kimberly. I thought their 'relationship' was for a bit of 'fun' / 'to pass time' in the house or maybe because shes really attractive and she'd look good on his arm even if there is no real connection. However it seems clearer to me that Steven now sees Kimberly as a possession of his. A few times now he has compared himself with her presenting himself in a better or stronger way. For instance tonight he said that he took the situation "really well" and she wouldnt have at all. Also I think he tries to use guilt to keep her close and controlled... tonight stating several times that she "bareface lied" to him. All with very little emotion but with controlled and stern tone.

I dont like this guy at all.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:15 PM #2
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Banned

Favourites (more):

Then he said she was not to have anything whatsoever to do with Sasha from now on, she said she wanted to explain things to him and Steven said he would not allow it .
kistar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:18 PM #3
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kistar View Post
Then he said she was not to have anything whatsoever to do with Sasha from now on, she said she wanted to explain things to him and Steven said he would not allow it .
Absolutely. And he voiced it like Kimberly must obey or owe him.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:19 PM #4

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

He is very creepy, and obviously trying to control her. Scary to watch
Old 08-07-2014, 10:21 PM #5
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Ive always thought that Steven wasnt that romantically interested in Kimberly. I thought their 'relationship' was for a bit of 'fun' / 'to pass time' in the house or maybe because shes really attractive and she'd look good on his arm even if there is no real connection. However it seems clearer to me that Steven now sees Kimberly as a possession of his. A few times now he has compared himself with her presenting himself in a better or stronger way. For instance tonight he said that he took the situation "really well" and she wouldnt have at all. Also I think he tries to use guilt to keep her close and controlled... tonight stating several times that she "bareface lied" to him. All with very little emotion but with controlled and stern tone.

Really good post it was both strange and even a little intimidating from him tonight, if she has any sense at all she should run milesfrom him and have nothing to do with him at all.
He is one very odd cookie.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:22 PM #6

I absolutely agree, good observation! The way he was speaking to her at the end reminded me so much of a possessive and controlling boyfriend. He's taken what she's done and is using it against her on some weird guilt trip. I get the feeling that no matter how long they stayed together he'd repeatedly use it against her to control her
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:23 PM #7
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
I absolutely agree, good observation! The way he was speaking to her at the end reminded me so much of a possessive and controlling boyfriend. He's taken what she's done and is using it against her on some weird guilt trip. I get the feeling that no matter how long they stayed together he'd repeatedly use it against her to control her
It's like he has the ammunition he needs to keep her in place forever.

He is such a weirdo.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:25 PM #8
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Absolutely. And he voiced it like Kimberly must obey or owe him.
She needs to get away now Run Kimberley Run!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:31 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kistar View Post
It's like he has the ammunition he needs to keep her in place forever.

He is such a weirdo.
Yeah exactly! He really is using the fact that Kimberly lied as ammunition against her. As the OP said, he barely even seemed emotional about it, just a controlling weirdo!

Sasha must be pretty offended that he's been dumped for Stephen of all people!!
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:37 PM #10
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
Yeah exactly! He really is using the fact that Kimberly lied as ammunition against her. As the OP said, he barely even seemed emotional about it, just a controlling weirdo!

Sasha must be pretty offended that he's been dumped for Stephen of all people!!
I know ! A nose picking mummy's boy who will drive her mad after a week out of the house.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:52 PM #11

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):

Fuel the plane and have a very fast car waiting to take Kim to the Airport as soon as she's been evicted!!!! Run Kim...RUN!!!!!

What a controlling twat Steven is!
I hope this Sasha guy's some kind of 3rd Dan Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt and Steven tries to push his weight around.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:10 AM #12

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:

I totally agree with you Jords. He kept making her feel worse and worse and was trying to say out of the goodness of his heart he forgave her but she wasn't to speak to Sasha when she got out which she said she wanted to do. I think he has her just where he wants her and I want him OUT OF there as he will try even more to manipulate her in the coming days. He is a bloody psycho
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:13 AM #13
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

He creeps me out so much :/
Old 09-07-2014, 12:23 AM #14

Favourites:
BB15: Marlon

Favourites:
BB15: Marlon

I am just watching it right now and it is awful. He is awful and even more , his mother is awful.
Walk away Kim, walk away.
kelitokelito is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:27 AM #15
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

don't walk.....run!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:55 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

..yeah, he's really quite creepy and reminds me a bit of Daley with his 'control' but just executes it in a different/less aggressive way...even with the vid message from his mum, it became almost like...'you've been bad my child, but I forgive you..and now you're MINE..'....a sinister priest type thing...she is quite a 'submissive' person though, isn't she..?...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:57 AM #17

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

Actually feel a bit sorry for him, this is a guy who has been just taken for a ride and had to find out from a family member that Kim was basically lying about everything and she was actually in a serious relationship for 2 years rather then " Dating " like she told Steven, Steven really hasn't done anything wrong even when he was talking to her he seemed composed and didn't rip her to shreads about it considering she has made him look like a tit.. in fact he blamed himself when he was in the toilet saying something like " Steven you never fail to be a part " when he has done absoulety nothing wrong

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:02 AM #18
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Actually feel a bit sorry for him, this is a guy who has been just taken for a ride and had to find out from a family member that Kim was basically lying about everything and she was actually in a serious relationship for 2 years rather then " Dating " like she told Steven, Steven really hasn't done anything wrong even when he was talking to her he seemed composed and didn't rip her to shreads about it considering she has made him look like a tit.. in fact he blamed himself when he was in the toilet saying something like " Steven you never fail to be a part " when he has done absoulety nothing wrong
..but that's the point in which he could have said...right, let's leave it for now and sort this out when we get out of the house because there are too many confusions etc...but he hasn't, he's still pushing and pushing for a 'relationship' in the house which makes me think that he's not genuine about any feelings he has at all and this actually played well for him because he has a little bit of the 'poor Steven been lead on' thing going on as well so it's win/win for him and lose/lose for Kim....

Last edited by Ammi; 09-07-2014 at 06:02 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:03 AM #19
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
CBB 13: Lionel Blair
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

He asked her is there a chance she will get back with him when she is out

She said yes

He asked her again

She said yes

Anything that happens from that point onwards is his own fault.

She didn't even tell him she is living with the man

Add me on Goodreads here
Verbal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:09 AM #20
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal View Post
He asked her is there a chance she will get back with him when she is out

She said yes

He asked her again

She said yes

Anything that happens from that point onwards is his own fault.

She didn't even tell him she is living with the man
..yeah, I do personally think he's been determined to have this showmance from the beginning and even with the recent revelations from his mum, he's determined to pursue it and actually thinks that maybe it's now better because he's in a win/win situation ...I think what he didn't figure though was how much of a sleaze he's coming across as...
Old 09-07-2014, 06:12 AM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..but that's the point in which he could have said...right, let's leave it for now and sort this out when we get out of the house because there are too many confusions etc...but he hasn't, he's still pushing and pushing for a 'relationship' in the house which makes me think that he's not genuine about any feelings he has at all and this actually played well for him because he has a little bit of the 'poor Steven been lead on' thing going on as well so it's win/win for him and lose/lose for Kim....
To late for that now she has already let him get emotionally and sexually involved with her before it all came out and he had been led on that Is 100% a fact the whole thing about him using her is only an assumption either way at least he knows now that if she can do that to someone she has been on a relationship with for 2 years then she can easily do it to him in the future

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:21 AM #22
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
To late for that now she has already let him get emotionally and sexually involved with her before it all came out and he had been led on that Is 100% a fact the whole thing about him using her is only an assumption either way at least he knows now that if she can do that to someone she has been on a relationship with for 2 years then she can easily do it to him in the future

..I don't see it like that at all...she didn't 'let him' get emotionally or sexually involved, he's pushed and pushed to the point of this being some kind of 'fantasy' thing when she really hasn't up until the last few days seemed to give him any indications of her feelings for him...so nothing is 'fact' although. yes my feelings about Steven's sincerity are just personal instinct thing and could be wrong....but still, whether he is sincere or not, he's still now got the opportunity to put the breaks on a bit and leave it until they're out of the house, which with her 'ex' thing would be the most obvious thing to do but he's still pushing her ...I don't understand this 'on a break' thing anyway, I've only seen it with Ross and Rachel and there it seemed as though one thought it was over and the other one didn't...
Old 09-07-2014, 06:22 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

When Helen, Kim and Jale came back after watching the 'Gossipping' footage the first thing he said was "what were they saying about me ?".

The guy's an absolutely self-obsessed slimey asshat!!!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:22 AM #24
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
When Helen, Kim and Jale came back after watching the 'Gossipping' footage the first thing he said was "what were they saying about me ?".

The guy's an absolutely self-obsessed slimey asshat!!!

..well, yes that's definitely another way of putting it.....
Old 09-07-2014, 06:28 AM #25

He is the kind of guy who will slowly but surely undermine everything that Kim believes and feels. He will turn his faults into hers and she will see it his way. He is controlling, self obsessed and just plain strange.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
emotional, kimberly, manipulation, steven