Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 13-08-2014, 11:18 AM #1

Default Consistent Throughout

Ash has been the only housemate that's been consistent throughout the entire show, I personally have liked him since the beginning and think he is being himself in there, laid back, normal, easy going, can't be arsed with drama's and so on, he is just your typical guy, yeah he has had a few up's and downs like most of the hm's have but who wouldn't being chucked into a house with this lot? He is also one of the only hm's to have made some genuine friendships in there that I can see lasting when out of the house.

Some might describe him as boring and that's fair enough but I don't see it as that, he is what I have always liked in housemates during older BB's, my favourite BB is actually BB3 and that had a couple of hm's with the same laid back type of character as him, most seem to be under the impression that hm's need to be loud, upfront, in your face to be good hm's well I disagree with that, they get very annoying very fast and end up out the door ASASP (Toya, Pauline)

So yeah I don't think he is boring at all, I find him funny, nice, laid back and a pretty decent guy, he made a couple of mistakes with comments to Jale but he apologised about those and explained he meant no malice with them (Apart from the Maggot comment, he was a dick with that and I posted that on here but we all make mistakes), I find most of his hate to come from his association with Helen which is pretty unfair, we have seen him trying to shut her up a few times but failing and he mentioned the other night he is constantly trying to stop her from going off on one, oh and he also gets a lot of hate for being a model, funny that it's always females hating females that gets brought up but not the fact that guys hate 'nice looking' guys on BB.

He has no chance in winning but he definitely deserves his place in the final IMO.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:20 AM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I was actually just thinking that I do quite like Ash especially when he's away from Helen, it's unfortunate for him that he got so close to her imo because I think on occasion it's brought out the worst in him and I don't think he's really that kind of guy. Shame

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:21 AM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Ash has been the only housemate that's been consistent throughout the entire show, I personally have liked him since the beginning and think he is being himself in there, laid back, normal, easy going, can't be arsed with drama's and so on, he is just your typical guy, yeah he has had a few up's and downs like most of the hm's have but who wouldn't being chucked into a house with this lot? He is also one of the only hm's to have made some genuine friendships in there that I can see lasting when out of the house.

Some might describe him as boring and that's fair enough but I don't see it as that, he is what I have always liked in housemates during older BB's, my favourite BB is actually BB3 and that had a couple of hm's with the same laid back type of character as him, most seem to be under the impression that hm's need to be loud, upfront, in your face to be good hm's well I disagree with that, they get very annoying very fast and end up out the door ASASP (Toya, Pauline)

So yeah I don't think he is boring at all, I find him funny, nice, laid back and a pretty decent guy, he made a couple of mistakes with comments to Jale but he apologised about those and explained he meant no malice with them (Apart from the Maggot comment, he was a dick with that and I posted that on here but we all make mistakes), I find most of his hate to come from his association with Helen which is pretty unfair, we have seen him trying to shut her up a few times but failing and he mentioned the other night he is constantly trying to stop her from going off on one, oh and he also gets a lot of hate for being a model, funny that it's always females hating females that gets brought up but not the fact that guys hate 'nice looking' guys on BB.

He has no chance in winning but he definitely deserves his place in the final IMO.
He better win. I am trying to get back my losses on Winston, lol.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:22 AM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:

He does and he is getting votes from me, I think he has been good to watch really overall, the most decent one in there for me.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:23 AM #5

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Yep good post, Josy! Ash, Pav or Helen to win for me!

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:27 AM #6

I like Ash and have done since the start only one bad thought on this but I wont say anything.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:27 AM #7
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Don't mind Ash, he's alright but idk if I'd want him to win.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:28 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia4 View Post
I like Ash and have done since the start only one bad thought on this but I wont say anything.
What's that? You may as well say it now?
Old 13-08-2014, 11:36 AM #9

Quote:

I agree he has been consistent. He has consistently been throwing digs at Helen. As she has been besotted with him she has taken it on the chin. Helen was his little play toy in the house. He won't give her the time of day outside the house. can't upset mummy dearest
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	2892  
RockBottom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:39 AM #10
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Consistently boring and irrelevant IMO
Old 13-08-2014, 11:42 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

He is most of the things you say but....

He's also enabled Helen and encouraged her most horrific behaviour by laughing like a hyena (along with Winston) whenever she attacks someone. Even after witnessing her most vile behaviour, like with Matthew, he then defends Helen and threatens to destroy Matthew 'lyrically'... He deserves 4th at best.
Old 13-08-2014, 11:45 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
People have different ideas on which hm's are boring or not, it's a completely individual preference so if that's what you think then fair enough.

Irrelevant though? have to disagree with that, he has been involved in some of the more prominent happenings of this series, the Toya fight, the will they won't they relationship with Helen, the friendship with Helen, Ashleigh trying to get him evicted, facing eviction so many times and surviving, his friendship with Winston and so on.
Old 13-08-2014, 11:48 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
He is most of the things you say but....

He's also enabled Helen and encouraged her most horrific behaviour by laughing like a hyena (along with Winston) whenever she attacks someone. Even after witnessing her most vile behaviour, like with Matthew, he then defends Helen and threatens to destroy Matthew 'lyrically'... He deserves 4th at best.
I'm sorry but with the nasty stuff that have been said and done concerning hm's from each other this year, laughing with your mate in an uncomfortable situation is way down the list IMO I also disagree that he encourages Helen in any way, in fact he tries to stop her behaviour at times.

Ash has been one of the least nasty housemates this year.
Old 13-08-2014, 11:51 AM #14
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I don't mind Ash now, his reactions when the lights change are funny, Jesus I'm sweating, I need a drink, my hearts racing etc but he is not a winner in my eyes as he has been too much in Helly woo woo's shadow
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:51 AM #15
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
People have different ideas on which hm's are boring or not, it's a completely individual preference so if that's what you think then fair enough.

Irrelevant though? have to disagree with that, he has been involved in some of the more prominent happenings of this series, the Toya fight, the will they won't they relationship with Helen, the friendship with Helen, Ashleigh trying to get him evicted, facing eviction so many times and surviving, his friendship with Winston and so on.
Ash is completely underrated in my opinion. People saying he is attached to Helen's pigtails is just not true. He is in fact the (first)/only one that has taken the time to understand her and all the other hm's there. He would make a great winner, just don't think he will do it though
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:52 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm sorry but with the nasty stuff that have been said and done concerning hm's from each other this year, laughing with your mate in an uncomfortable situation is way down the list IMO I also disagree that he encourages Helen in any way, in fact he tries to stop her behaviour at times.

Ash has been one of the least nasty housemates this year.
That's why I said he deserves 4th.
Old 13-08-2014, 11:53 AM #17
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Agreed
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:53 AM #18
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Going from a female hating chauvinist to 'nice guy' following the boos is very consistent
Old 13-08-2014, 11:55 AM #19

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

I don't hate Ash, but I don't like him. I have found him mostly boring and irrelevant. I think he shacked up with the wrong people, because he has done a few funny things, but I think that, like the other housemates, he is stifled by Helen. His nasty side has come out quite a few times and I would rank him in the top half of the nastiest people in the house from what's been shown. I agree with the 'laughing hyena' comment as well. I don't think he has been consistent in ALL his behaviour (changing after the boos etc), but I think he might've been a better housemate without Helen there. I think most of the housemates who 'paired up' would've been better without their 'other half', tbh.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 12:00 PM #20
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:

That's why I said IMO (In My Opinion)

All the things you mentioned involve him relying on another housemate for him to actually have some sort of relevance. If you think about the overall storyline of BB15, he doesn't have any standout moments other than being Helen's lapdog. If Toya had stayed then I think he would've become relevant as she did seem to bring out a side of him that we haven't really seen this series and it appears to me that he's been deliberately trying to hold back that side and just play on the 'goofy, lad innit xoxo' side.

I can't deny he's been consistent, because he has, but just not for good reasons if I'm being completely honest.
Old 13-08-2014, 12:08 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
Going from a female hating chauvinist to 'nice guy' following the boos is very consistent

Would you care to elaborate on that?
Old 13-08-2014, 12:24 PM #22

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi

I don't think Ash is a bad lad ...just very dull .apart from the odd shout out to steve "top shaggger" or "I can't be arsed" he hasn't contributed much to the show.It does annoy however how he feels the need to repeat everything Helen says
lime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 12:25 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
Wow ouch. Where have you got that from?
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 12:26 PM #24

Quote:

jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 12:47 PM #25
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

I like Ash and have done a lot more in the second part of the series, after Mark he's probably the funniest housemate. But he still didn't bring as much to the show as quite a few of the others did, so he's a middle tier housemate and deserves no higher than fourth.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ash, consistent