Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 30-08-2014, 06:34 AM #1

Default Appalled - Audley/ Kellie confrontation

I know it's slipped by a day or two but the more I think about this the more annoyed I am with Kellie aka Frank and how you saw Frank come out, the one that tried to destroy Audley and his boxing career. It looks like he's still trying to destroy him.

For Kellie {Frank} to use the analogy "it's just the same as if someone had said to you I am not getting in the bath because you are black...." was bang out of order, because it was totally out of context to what Audley had said.

The annoying thing about it all, Kellie managed to project his thoughts onto Audley so much that he accepted Kellies statement. Where as he should have picked up the little scrote up and shook him till he understood

a) First of all, he wound his neck in and shut up and listened.

b) Not to be fcuking racist and use analogies that were inappropriate and out of context with the conversation.

c) so that he clearly understood it was nothing to do with him being a transgender phobe.

Last edited by delta; 30-08-2014 at 06:35 AM.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 07:11 AM #2

How bizzre... just logged onto the online Daily Star and this is their headline.

Celebrity Big Brother bosses face Twitter backlash over Audley warning
CBB bosses have come under a barrage of abuse at the way they are treating Audley Harrison.

By Katie Begley / Published 30th August 2014
news, showbiz, entertainment, CBB, big brother, Audley Harrison, Kellie Maloney, boxingFURY: Fans raged at warnings to Audley over Kellie [NC]
The heavyweight boxer has been dragged to the diary room twice and officially warned over behaviour to Kellie Maloney.

Audley says he feels uncomfortable around Kellie being a woman having known her for 20 years as boxing promoter Frank.

Producers deemed this offensive.

In last night’s show, Audley was given his second warning about language towards the transgender housemate, 61.

But many fans believe Audley, 42, is the one being bulled, not Kellie.

And they are questioning whether Kellie, who has had a long-running feud with Harrison, is using her appearance to get the show’s producers against him. She was even heard admitting last night: “I was Audley’s biggest enemy in boxing, I set out to bring him down.”

Now the show is under increasing pressure from angry viewers to apologise to Audley. Fans took to Twitter to register their disgust.

“Well done to Audley Harrison for not bowing down to CBB’s hypocritical bulls**t in the diary room”
Ben Thompson via Twitter
One called Karin said: “Not being funny but Audley was being honest not nasty! Kellie is a *********g drama Queen!”

Another blasted: “Absolutely disgusting what CBB did to Audley Harrison last night.

“CBB should apologise.”

And Ben Thompson tweeted: “Well done to Audley Harrison for not bowing down to CBB’s hypocritical bulls**t in the diary room.”

Yesterday afternoon, Audley refused to change his ways and even vowed to stir things up.

He said: “I want to cause some mischief.”

Leslie Jordan was the latest celebrity to get the boot at last night’s eviction.
Old 30-08-2014, 09:08 AM #3

Good i'm glad there's been a backlash as what BB did to Audley was bang out of order .
Kellie took everything he said the wrong way and not for the first time - she has before with other HM's and i think BB has been totally biased in her favour.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 09:26 AM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):

I think CBB have got themselves into such a PC knot fuelled by a massive manipulator, Kellie. Only kellie seems to have "misunderstood" what Audley said and plays the victim card continuously - so much so it's getting tedious.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Audley said, and at the end of the day anyone would feel initially uncomfortable with a change in someone you have known a long time.

When kellie asked Audley if he would feel uncomfortable around him if he'd lost his leg - the chances are he probably would. It's a human instinct. .... you be scared of saying things like "man I got legless last night" incase it caused offence, which is why there's always that uncomfortable not knowing what to say to someone when there's been a major change.

BB producers need to take a good step off their PC box and see the situation for what it really is
Old 30-08-2014, 09:38 AM #5

The actual analogy to someone being black who is born like that, can that be compared to someone choosing to go from Man to Woman where there is an element of choice?

I know Kelie's argument is that she/he has always felt like that- but to me the accusation leveled at Audley smacks of inverted/ covert racism- and there for it is the same in that she/he is just that way.

For me there is a clear distinction between the two {maybe I am wrong} just thought I'd put it out there. You are born black, brown, yellow, red whatever . Are you born transgender and surely it's open to some kind of self interpretation - how the individual feels about it.

Anyway, it's not how you look or whatever persuasion you are it's how you depict yourself in this world and as far as I can see the acorn didn't fall too far away for Kellie from the old Frank and she still possess all the nasty traits that man possessed.

Last edited by delta; 30-08-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 30-08-2014, 10:46 AM #6

Can't believe Audley is 42! He's looking gooooooood.

I'm not sure Kellie was being racist btw. Audley didn't seem offended by it and even said to Dee that her saying that made him realise a bit more why he had upset her. (Just to make clear, I agree that Kellie was talking sh*t and I think Audley knew it too, but respected her opinion).
Old 30-08-2014, 11:24 AM #7

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Frank was a nasty piece of work so why do people think that now he/she is Kellie they will be any different.
He manipulates people all the time. I genuinely felt sorry for Audley. He should have challenged BB on the warning.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 11:46 AM #8
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Agreed.

Audley tried to be as gentlemanly and diplomatic as possible in explaining himself to Kellie. It was BB that pushed him for more reasons.

Yet Ricci and Stephanie can yell abuse at Gary and that's ok apparently.

Glad us viewers can see the hypocrisy, even when BB cannot.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 12:43 PM #9

Favourites:
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

I like Audley, I think he's one of the most clued in and centred people in there. I think people are very fast to scream prejudice over things like transgender when actually I didn't think that was the case at all. If you have known a guy for years and suddenly there he is with a wig and dress on I can totally see where Audley might feel a little uncomfortable and uncertain how to react. We're not talking about a stranger now we are talking about someone who knows him as a man. It must be incredibly awkward.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 12:45 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I like Audley, I think he's one of the most clued in and centred people in there. I think people are very fast to scream prejudice over things like transgender when actually I didn't think that was the case at all. If you have known a guy for years and suddenly there he is with a wig and dress on I can totally see where Audley might feel a little uncomfortable and uncertain how to react. We're not talking about a stranger now we are talking about someone who knows him as a man. It must be incredibly awkward.
Yep. Audley even said himself that if they were strangers before then there wouldn't have been an issue, but it was the fact that he knew her as a man and now knows her as a woman that he feels a bit uncomfortable. Incredibly honest.
Old 30-08-2014, 12:46 PM #11

Favourites (more):
BB17: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB17: Georgina

Audley is a really nice guy.
Old 30-08-2014, 01:12 PM #12

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):

I agree with a poster above that Audley is one of the most clued up and centred HM in there! I think Audley was dignified with his reasons for nomination but then for Kellie to say he was transphobic to his face was a step too far, can Kellie not understand that Audley knew her as a man for 20+ years and then when he meets again she's a woman, it's not easy to just come to terms with that type of news, imagine an aunt or uncle to just change gender and expect you to be ok with it, it would be incredibly hard and it's not transphobia it's readjusting and coming to terms with situation, Kellie is the one who has no understanding, and Audley has to readjust that Kellie was the one who tried to bring him down as Frank in the boxing world, so there's also a lot of tension and maybe ill feelings towards each other from the past.

I think BB should be given a warning for giving stupid warnings!
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:14 PM #13

Audley is one of the genuine ones in there. He gave Stephanie good advice which was immediately overturned by the patronising words of Dee and a couple of the other women. I can also understand what he was saying to Kellie but I have to admit that I do not think that Frank is far away. I did wonder whether Kellie was trying to get away from Frank but I have never studied Frank so I cannot really pass judgement.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:15 PM #14

I'm glad the viewers saw through it and could see what Audley was actually trying to say.

The attempt by Kellie and BB to paint Audley as some transphobic villain is disgusting.

You're not allowed to have an opinion these days without being called "____phobic" or offending someone.

I've just had a laugh at a Daily Mail article trying to whip up hysteria about Peter Capaldi pulling a hair out of his head in Doctor Who last week. We are in an age of professional complainers.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:15 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Audley is one of the genuine ones in there. He gave Stephanie good advice which was immediately overturned by the patronising words of Dee and a couple of the other women. I can also understand what he was saying to Kellie but I have to admit that I do not think that Frank is far away. I did wonder whether Kellie was trying to get away from Frank but I have never studied Frank so I cannot really pass judgement.
I agree Audley is the cleverest one in there, he knew to press the button, he gave wise words to Stephanie and came across as gracious to Kellie<3
Old 30-08-2014, 01:18 PM #16

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Frank got out of things for being different. He got out of school for having dyslexia. Now he tries to use the Transgender thing to get his own way. I think it's all part of Frank getting his own way.

Last edited by Pincho Paxton; 30-08-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Pincho Paxton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:21 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
I'm glad the viewers saw through it and could see what Audley was actually trying to say.

The attempt by Kellie and BB to paint Audley as some transphobic villain is disgusting.

You're not allowed to have an opinion these days without being called "____phobic" or offending someone.

I've just had a laugh at a Daily Mail article trying to whip up hysteria about Peter Capaldi pulling a hair out of his head in Doctor Who last week. We are in an age of professional complainers.
Completely agree, professional complainers and professional suing, people are so afraid as to what to say.

I'm doing a college course which talks about equality and we had a discussion about race, one student said she looked after a mixed race child which we thought was the politically correct term, we were told this term was not pc and was told the pc term was bi-racial, which i think is a horrid word, that was quickly overturned and the pc word is now dual heritage when will this madness end

Last edited by rubymoo; 30-08-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 30-08-2014, 01:23 PM #18

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

What really pissed me off was Kellie/Frank trying to play the PC card in the DR.

Saying "I hope the public do not take it out on Audley" She/he knew exactly what she/he was doing with this.

****ed up this time though.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 02:47 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I know it's slipped by a day or two but the more I think about this the more annoyed I am with Kellie aka Frank and how you saw Frank come out, the one that tried to destroy Audley and his boxing career. It looks like he's still trying to destroy him.

For Kellie {Frank} to use the analogy "it's just the same as if someone had said to you I am not getting in the bath because you are black...." was bang out of order, because it was totally out of context to what Audley had said.

The annoying thing about it all, Kellie managed to project his thoughts onto Audley so much that he accepted Kellies statement. Where as he should have picked up the little scrote up and shook him till he understood

a) First of all, he wound his neck in and shut up and listened.

b) Not to be fcuking racist and use analogies that were inappropriate and out of context with the conversation.

c) so that he clearly understood it was nothing to do with him being a transgender phobe.
kellie just using another excuse to pretend to cry. we can all 'sob' , next minute she is talking normally. still to see actual tears. sham. shes no lady.
booboomartin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 03:17 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Word.
puzzled is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 03:31 PM #21
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Good !! so glad that people are not happy with Audleys warning,it was out of order
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 03:35 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
Completely agree, professional complainers and professional suing, people are so afraid as to what to say.

I'm doing a college course which talks about equality and we had a discussion about race, one student said she looked after a mixed race child which we thought was the politically correct term, we were told this term was not pc and was told the pc term was bi-racial, which i think is a horrid word, that was quickly overturned and the pc word is now dual heritage when will this madness end
That is absolute madness. I always use "mixed race" as a description. I can understand why "half caste" was phased out due to the connotations of the word 'caste' but now finding offence in everything has reached ridiculous levels.

We really will reach a point where we can't speak.
Old 30-08-2014, 03:45 PM #23
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That is absolute madness. I always use "mixed race" as a description. I can understand why "half caste" was phased out due to the connotations of the word 'caste' but now finding offence in everything has reached ridiculous levels.

We really will reach a point where we can't speak.
Caste mean colour ,I cannot see the offence in that
Old 30-08-2014, 03:51 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Caste mean colour ,I cannot see the offence in that
It comes from the Latin word "castus" which means "pure".

So the term half-caste was essentially saying half-pure. It was placing one race at a higher privilege/status to another.
Old 30-08-2014, 03:57 PM #25
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It comes from the Latin word "castus" which means "pure".

So the term half-caste was essentially saying half-pure. It was placing one race at a higher privilege/status to another.
Wooowww clever Dick ( ) I never knew that I always thought it meant colour, you learn something every day

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
appalled, audley or, confrontation, kellie