Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:32 PM #76
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Drawing a cartoon that allegedly insults a religion does not warrant 12 people shot dead. If they do not want to live in a country that offers them the freedom to speak freely they should **** off to Saudi.

The magazine in question regularly rips the piss out of Judaism. Do I care? No. And I'm sure Christians aren't going to be opening up with Kalashnikovs any time soon. We should not be appeasing terrorists.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:03 PM #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
this problem is 100% an islamic problem an we must stop shooting ourselves in the foot and blaming other religions. the time has come to END political correctness in its entirety and bring back freedom of speech. I would also criminalise those who falsely accuse people of racism. it is these snide pc people who attempt to bring down others with their false accusations of bigotry who are doing enormous damage and making the pathway clearer for radicals to take over the country and europe. a line must now be drawn in the sand. dont forget we have an estimated 1 million illegal immigrants in the UK. yet it seems its illegal to even mention their illegality. we are a basket case of a country and we need to stand up for who we are what we are, what we believe in, our values, our laws, our civil liberties. This is a war within and we are not even allowed to speak.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:05 PM #78
Z

Z

I am ****ing sick of Islamic extremism. You know what we should do? Continue to make fun of them. Turn them into the big ****ing joke that they are and stop taking them seriously - because that's how you defuse a situation like this, take the threat out of it. It'll get worse, but then it'll fizzle out if enough people find them to be a laughing stock instead of letting the fear and chaos of terrorism take over our hearts and minds.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:06 PM #79
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Drawing a cartoon that allegedly insults a religion does not warrant 12 people shot dead. If they do not want to live in a country that offers them the freedom to speak freely they should **** off to Saudi.

The magazine in question regularly rips the piss out of Judaism. Do I care? No. And I'm sure Christians aren't going to be opening up with Kalashnikovs any time soon. We should not be appeasing terrorists.
Exactly... Do you know how often I hear people making fun of Americans? I mean it's the cool new thing to do so I hear/see something stupid pretty much every day. But do I sit at home making a bazooka to try and get my revenge? No, I laugh along with it. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it isn't. But in countries where we have the right to freedom of speech, should we really have to watch what we say? No... We should be able to say what we want. No matter how stupid.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:06 PM #80
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
Many Muslims hold their sacred holy prophet in high regard, it is also part of Islam to serve in holy Jihad

These so called cartoonists by insulting him sowed a whirlwind, which was reaped today, in short they brought it on themselves. Something like this happened once in Denmark, they should have learned from that. This is what can happen when you disrespect people's sacred beliefs.

Time for the media to show respect and restraint, as for the old chestnut about Freedom of speech, it has limits, to quote "Freedom of speech does not allow one to falsely yell fire in a crowded theatre"
So they hold some fictitious bloke in high regard and we should watch out or they will shoot us if we dont?

unbelievable

What about the universal sacred belief not to kill people who dont agree with you?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:07 PM #81
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
I am ****ing sick of Islamic extremism. You know what we should do? Continue to make fun of them. Turn them into the big ****ing joke that they are and stop taking them seriously - because that's how you defuse a situation like this, take the threat out of it. It'll get worse, but then it'll fizzle out if enough people find them to be a laughing stock instead of letting the fear and chaos of terrorism take over our hearts and minds.
Every newspaper should publish that cartoon tomorrow
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:47 PM #82
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Damn terrorist having a field day today.

In addition terrorists bombed a key NAACP office today with intent to kill. I am glad media is covering one of these stories.

RIP.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:59 PM #83

Said Kouachi, 34,
his brother Cherif Kouachi, 33, and
Hamyd Mourad, 19,
from the Paris commuter town of Gennevilliers

Are the 3 Terrorists Wanted

Now Named by French Police

the seconds just before they went back to make sure the wounded Police man
was Dead

Last edited by arista; 07-01-2015 at 09:06 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:44 PM #84
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
Many Muslims hold their sacred holy prophet in high regard, it is also part of Islam to serve in holy Jihad

These so called cartoonists by insulting him sowed a whirlwind, which was reaped today, in short they brought it on themselves. Something like this happened once in Denmark, they should have learned from that. This is what can happen when you disrespect people's sacred beliefs.

Time for the media to show respect and restraint, as for the old chestnut about Freedom of speech, it has limits, to quote "Freedom of speech does not allow one to falsely yell fire in a crowded theatre"
You know what, if these extremists want to stop people from taking the piss out of their religeon, perhaps they should stop slaughtering people. Just saying.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 PM #85

arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:24 PM #86
User banned

User banned

to compare with the Christians we see in our british society...when Jesus was represented as an incontinent pig and Joseph was depicted as a sick paedophile in jerry springer the musical on the bbc, 50,000 complaints were received, but the bbc wasnt burned to the ground no one was shot dead or even punched...these 50,000 Christians sent polite letters to the head of department and that was it.......of course similar black comedies mocking Islam were pulled off for fear of reprisals. this sums up the lack of any backbone the total liberal cowardice at the heart of the bbc and british society itself.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:26 PM #87
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyBB View Post
How on earth would that help?? Most muslims are completely rational and many have adapted to western society, shutting down their mosques would completely disregard their religious rights.
who cares when these mosques have been used to reach hatred and even worse to recuit soldiers and even terrorists for years
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:02 PM #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
There is no short fix to this. To fight them on an equal footing, we would need to waive away our rights to freedom and free speech and become as bad as them. It is for these reasons that I agree with the west's response to their atrocities. This is going to take several generations to resolve so we need to get used to it I'm sorry to say.
I don't see how we would need to waive any of our rights to freedom and free speech Bitonthe side? We are already waiving away those rights daily by allowing these bastards to intimidate us and stop Nativity plays in our Christian schools, stop the wearing of crucifixes around the necks of our nurses, and a host of other 'forced' changes to our Western democratic way of life, and we are already allowing them to intimidate us and curb our rights to free speech because we dare not speak any truths if it is a truth about Muslims, immigrants or foreigners in general.

It is time to stop ALL immigration but especially of Muslims - be they Black, Brown, Asian or Eastern Europeans, and feck the EU - what are they going to do, slap us?

Time is NOT on our side and we have NOT got several generations. By that time we will all definitely be under Sharia law or dead.

Lebanon was a Westernised Christian democracy, and it became Islamified in less than half a generation.

When germs enter our bodies through our skin, the body's defence mechanicism kicks into action; the wound is sealed off to stop further infestation, and the little white soldiers which are our antibodies swoop on the invaders and kick the feck out of them to protect our bodies.

We should learn from nature - seal off our borders and stop letting the bastards in, thereby making it easier for our Security Services to deal with the millions already here.

We should also learn from current affairs because the atrocities in Holland, Australia and Paris weren't committed by an invading army, but by fecking IMMIGRANTS which those countries had welcomed and embraced and and allowed to live there. FFS even Jihadi John hails from the UK.

It's time now for the UK people to take to the streets, shout from the rooftops and go on strike if need be to FORCE our weak leaders to CLOSE our borders and stand up to the bastards who are already here. It's time to Stop appeasing them and start INVESTIGATING them. Sniff out the 5th columnists and sympathisers and BOOT the ***** out. Feck Brussels.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:03 PM #89

Quote:
who cares when these mosques have been used to reach hatred and even worse to recuit soldiers and even terrorists for years
Turn them into fecking Bingo halls and save a few Christian places of worship from that fate.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:05 PM #90
-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post

RIP to the people who lost their lives over something so stupid, my thoughts are with their families.
T* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:08 PM #91

Quote:
to compare with the Christians we see in our british society...when Jesus was represented as an incontinent pig and Joseph was depicted as a sick paedophile in jerry springer the musical on the bbc, 50,000 complaints were received, but the bbc wasnt burned to the ground no one was shot dead or even punched...these 50,000 Christians sent polite letters to the head of department and that was it.......of course similar black comedies mocking Islam were pulled off for fear of reprisals. this sums up the lack of any backbone the total liberal cowardice at the heart of the bbc and british society itself.
One Muslim owned petrol station in South Yorkshire operated a Car Wash with the name emblazoned on signs all over its facade. Know what they called it? 'CHRIST' Car Wash'. Not a whimper of protest from anyone - No one dare. Except me, and what a Ding Dong that was, but then, I'm not Politically Correct.

Imagine a white English Christian garage having a 'ALLAH' Car Wash?

Last edited by kirklancaster; 07-01-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:21 PM #92

Quote:

Are you for real? 12 innocent people brought violent death upon themselves, and immense heartbreak upon their grieving partners, children and parents, because they published a cartoon?

"People's sacred beliefs"? Their is NOTHING more sacred than HUMAN LIFE.

"Respect and restraint"? LISTEN to yourself. What RESPECT and RESTRAINT have these murdering cowards ever shown ANYONE who does not yield to their threats, does not conform to their ideology?

I am disgusted to hear these words issue from a Brit while 12 innocent people lay butchered in Paris.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:23 PM #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:26 PM #94

Quote:
One Muslim owned petrol station in South Yorkshire operated a Car Wash with the name emblazoned on signs all over its facade. Know what they called it? 'CHRIST' Car Wash'. Not a whimper of protest from anyone - No one dare. Except me, and what a Ding Dong that was, but then, I'm not Politically Correct.

Wtf. You realise Jesus is a loved figure in Islam right? Your point is mute.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:28 PM #95
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
I don't see how we would need to waive any of our rights to freedom and free speech Bitonthe side? We are already waiving away those rights daily by allowing these bastards to intimidate us and stop Nativity plays in our Christian schools, stop the wearing of crucifixes around the necks of our nurses, and a host of other 'forced' changes to our Western democratic way of life, and we are already allowing them to intimidate us and curb our rights to free speech because we dare not speak any truths if it is a truth about Muslims, immigrants or foreigners in general.

It is time to stop ALL immigration but especially of Muslims - be they Black, Brown, Asian or Eastern Europeans, and feck the EU - what are they going to do, slap us?

Time is NOT on our side and we have NOT got several generations. By that time we will all definitely be under Sharia law or dead.

Lebanon was a Westernised Christian democracy, and it became Islamified in less than half a generation.

When germs enter our bodies through our skin, the body's defence mechanicism kicks into action; the wound is sealed off to stop further infestation, and the little white soldiers which are our antibodies swoop on the invaders and kick the feck out of them to protect our bodies.

We should learn from nature - seal off our borders and stop letting the bastards in, thereby making it easier for our Security Services to deal with the millions already here.

We should also learn from current affairs because the atrocities in Holland, Australia and Paris weren't committed by an invading army, but by fecking IMMIGRANTS which those countries had welcomed and embraced and and allowed to live there. FFS even Jihadi John hails from the UK.

It's time now for the UK people to take to the streets, shout from the rooftops and go on strike if need be to FORCE our weak leaders to CLOSE our borders and stand up to the bastards who are already here. It's time to Stop appeasing them and start INVESTIGATING them. Sniff out the 5th columnists and sympathisers and BOOT the ***** out. Feck Brussels.
Sorry but this post makes me very uncomfortable. I am a white Briton of Christian descent but I see neither Islam nor immigrants as my enemy. And I'll pass on your street marches thanks.

Last edited by MTVN; 07-01-2015 at 11:29 PM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:32 PM #96
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Are you for real? 12 innocent people brought violent death upon themselves, and immense heartbreak upon their grieving partners, children and parents, because they published a cartoon?

"Respect and restraint"? LISTEN to yourself. What RESPECT and RESTRAINT have these murdering cowards ever shown ANYONE who does not yield to their threats, does not conform to their ideology?

I am disgusted to hear these words issue from a Brit while 12 innocent people lay butchered in Paris.

Sticks it looks like you're trying to make excuses for the vile terrorists.. There is NO excuse for what they did.
I once saw a man in the street wearing a T-shirt saying "Jesus is a *******" but despite being somewhat offended i didn't murder the bloke.
Bought it on themselves.. what a joke.
Dollface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:39 PM #97
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

I think it's a shame that more people will hate normal islamic people because of this.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:40 PM #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Sorry but this post makes me very uncomfortable. I am a white Briton of Christian descent but I see neither Islam nor immigrants as my enemy. And I'll pass on your street marches thanks.
Of course MTVN - that's your prerogative. We don't agree on this subject anyway. Better to leave street protests and violence to Muslim extremists eh?

Last edited by kirklancaster; 07-01-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:45 PM #99

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:

Bang on right.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:02 AM #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Wtf. You realise Jesus is a loved figure in Islam right? Your point is mute.
Not as loved a figure as Muhammed, and I didn't see them name the car wash after him, but why name a car wash after any religious figure?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, dead, french, magazine, satirical, shot