Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB15 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:33 PM #1

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Default Sickened by both the show and some of the forum reactions

In all the years of watching BB and CBB tonights show is top of the pile when it comes to an abslolutely SICKENING episode. Never have I been so disappointed in a housemate as I am with KEN the man I thought was legend in Coronation St all those years ago even though I was young when he appeared on it. I had high hopes for him and cheered when he entered the house. Now he has shown himself to be a vile, pervy old man who thinks its ok to say anything he wants to women with regard to sex etc. Telling Chloe that Jeremy was a big producer was like telling her she should have let him do what he wanted. he was commenting about the position of the pictures of the girls on the wall and saying something about 'giving head' he was on about the bathroom and watching the women and he made some comment to Cami about slut or *****. Ken SHOULD have been ejected tonight even BEFORE Jeremy. I think the reason Jeremy was ejected wasn't ENTIRELY because he groped Chloe it was because most of the OTHER housemates didn't feel comfortable with him. And I am NOT talking about Perez who went down in my estimation for trying making the whole thing about himself.

The thing that saddens me the most on reading the forum reactions to the Jeremy and Chloe situation is the amount of Chloe haters that are saying it was her own fault for going in there half naked (when some of the other girls were CLEARLY in there also) saying how she is MILKING the situation and blowing it out of proportion. In the Hazel and Daley situation much and all as I liked Hazel SHE DID FLIRT with Daley and they had been play acting before it. Chloe and the other girls felt sorry for Jeremy and went to help him. That in itself is a brave thing to do because there is nothing worse than watching someone PUKING their guts up.

When the incident happened Chloe was clearly heard saying Jeremy that is NOT ok. She then left the room in tears which I or many other women would have done. Even allowing for the fact that Jeremy was totally and utterly drunk the girl was HELPING him and not FLASHING at him. If it was KATIE who I completely dislike and think is an absolute bitch I would agree that he was wrong and she was right to be upset. Even if I don't like housemates if something like this happened to them I would see the situation WITH A HEART NOT an excuse to further put down my least favourite housemate.

Ken should be out of there straight away and if he isn't ejected SURELY there aren't people who will pick up their phones and vote to save him. Sorry my thread is so long but I am really passionate about the points I have made xx
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:37 PM #2
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Great post

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:40 PM #3
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Me too. Sickened that Jeremy was removed and sickened that some people agree with the decision.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:41 PM #4

agree but given some of the posts about last years bb i am only a little surprised
Lstan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:42 PM #5

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

I'm not a Chloe 'hater' and I don't think what Jeremy did was appropriate but I do think she put herself into a silly situation and has to have some responsibility for that. I think the whole thing is being bnlown far out of proportion and I am a woman. He was drunk, he did something stupid but he didnt force himself on anyone. I think we have to keep some perspective.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 10-01-2015 at 10:42 PM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:45 PM #6
Lemon Twerper

Lemon Twerper

I'm actually disgusted that people are actually blaming chloe. Sadly it's no surprise, given that i've been involved in many taboo debates online recently.

The majority of people seem to be too close minded or seem to want to trivialise things just to win an argument. We live in a sick sad world.
MargeryFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:49 PM #7
Lemon Twerper

Lemon Twerper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I'm not a Chloe 'hater' and I don't think what Jeremy did was appropriate but I do think she put herself into a silly situation and has to have some responsibility for that. I think the whole thing is being bnlown far out of proportion and I am a woman. He was drunk, he did something stupid but he didnt force himself on anyone. I think we have to keep some perspective.
I'm a guy, and it's not my place to tell women what they should be offended about, but come on. I would hate for any woman to be cautious about helping me if I was in trouble, for fear that I might sexually harass her. How do we know Chloe hasn't been through similar experiences in the past where men think they have a right to put their hands on her because she was 'flirting' with them.

Did he even seem sorry about the way he made her feel? Did he apologise? Whether I thought it was over the top or not, if I had made somenoe feel that way, I would be mortified and do everything I could to make it right.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:50 PM #8
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:50 PM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Aubrey O’Day
BB17: Jason

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Aubrey O’Day
BB17: Jason

What I'm wondering is why it's all these jerks and players still get the majority of attention from girls on nights out. Nice guys finish last and yet all bad guys who do crazy stuff like this get girls round the block!

Jeremy is clearly got issues and is probably used to girls throwing themselves at him and took any attention as 'that' kind of attention.

Last edited by David R; 10-01-2015 at 10:52 PM.
David R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:56 PM #10
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
In all the years of watching BB and CBB tonights show is top of the pile when it comes to an abslolutely SICKENING episode. Never have I been so disappointed in a housemate as I am with KEN the man I thought was legend in Coronation St all those years ago even though I was young when he appeared on it. I had high hopes for him and cheered when he entered the house. Now he has shown himself to be a vile, pervy old man who thinks its ok to say anything he wants to women with regard to sex etc. Telling Chloe that Jeremy was a big producer was like telling her she should have let him do what he wanted. he was commenting about the position of the pictures of the girls on the wall and saying something about 'giving head' he was on about the bathroom and watching the women and he made some comment to Cami about slut or *****. Ken SHOULD have been ejected tonight even BEFORE Jeremy. I think the reason Jeremy was ejected wasn't ENTIRELY because he groped Chloe it was because most of the OTHER housemates didn't feel comfortable with him. And I am NOT talking about Perez who went down in my estimation for trying making the whole thing about himself.

The thing that saddens me the most on reading the forum reactions to the Jeremy and Chloe situation is the amount of Chloe haters that are saying it was her own fault for going in there half naked (when some of the other girls were CLEARLY in there also) saying how she is MILKING the situation and blowing it out of proportion. In the Hazel and Daley situation much and all as I liked Hazel SHE DID FLIRT with Daley and they had been play acting before it. Chloe and the other girls felt sorry for Jeremy and went to help him. That in itself is a brave thing to do because there is nothing worse than watching someone PUKING their guts up.

When the incident happened Chloe was clearly heard saying Jeremy that is NOT ok. She then left the room in tears which I or many other women would have done. Even allowing for the fact that Jeremy was totally and utterly drunk the girl was HELPING him and not FLASHING at him. If it was KATIE who I completely dislike and think is an absolute bitch I would agree that he was wrong and she was right to be upset. Even if I don't like housemates if something like this happened to them I would see the situation WITH A HEART NOT an excuse to further put down my least favourite housemate.

Ken should be out of there straight away and if he isn't ejected SURELY there aren't people who will pick up their phones and vote to save him. Sorry my thread is so long but I am really passionate about the points I have made xx

100% agree with all of above...
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:01 PM #11
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Completely agree OP but I fear that many will vote to save Ken for some strange reason
Old 10-01-2015, 11:01 PM #12

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeryFan View Post
I'm a guy, and it's not my place to tell women what they should be offended about, but come on. I would hate for any woman to be cautious about helping me if I was in trouble, for fear that I might sexually harass her. How do we know Chloe hasn't been through similar experiences in the past where men think they have a right to put their hands on her because she was 'flirting' with them.

Did he even seem sorry about the way he made her feel? Did he apologise? Whether I thought it was over the top or not, if I had made somenoe feel that way, I would be mortified and do everything I could to make it right.
We don't know about Chloe's past problems with men and we don't know Jeremy's with women either but none of that really has any bearing on what happened in the house. He was drunk, he tried to have a fumble, she told him no and left. I'm not sure that some drunk should be vilified for trying his luck. Personally I would never have put myself in the toilet with him with the door closed when was vomming. What he did was wrong but is it as bad as some are making it out? I dont know about that.

As to apologising was he given an opportunity?

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 10-01-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:10 PM #13
Lemon Twerper

Lemon Twerper

Quote:
We don't know about Chloe's past problems with men and we don't know Jeremy's with women either but none of that really has any bearing on what happened in the house. He was drunk, he tried to have a fumble, she told him no and left. I'm not sure that some drunk should be vilified for trying his luck. Personally I would never have put myself in the toilet with him with the door closed when was vomming. What he did was wrong but is it as bad as some are making it out? I dont know about that.
I think your attitude is kinda part of the problem. You wouldn't put yourself in that situation, but you should be able to help a person in need without having to worry about such things, and if someone did behave inappropriately, guess what? it still wouldn't be your fault, no matter what you say.

Of course the outside world has bearing on what happens in the house. If she's had tough experiences outside the house she's going to react that way. Everyone reacts differently because everyone has had different experiences in life. What bothers me is when people criticise the victim for over-reacting but don't criticise the person in the wrong, even though they showed little, to no remorse for what they did, or how they made that person feel.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:12 PM #14

I am quite a bit older than some, a female who grew up in the pre feminism era.

What gets me today is that although girls in the BB house are happy to let the world see their bits and pieces, they see quite unable to cope with or reject any advances without acting like some damsel in distress.

Is it that I learnt the hard way to tell blokes to keep their hands to themselves or else without the histrionics we saw tonight. Yes, it was in appropriate, but the man was drunk, vomiting and by the look of what he was smoking, quite high.

It seemed to be a drunken fumble and a sharp elbow or knee in his groin area would have left him far more reticent to try again than some tears, hand waving and hysteria.

On the other hand she is up for eviction, the sympathy vote would be useful for her but with Kens behaviour, I think she is safe enough.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:13 PM #15

I don't think Chloe is to blame for anything. She was just trying to help him out. When he started saying some odd depressing stuff about how the only time he 'felt alive' was the feeling between being sick and getting better, that it was the only 'real' feeling he had, Chloe was just being nice by trying to tell him that she had seen better sides to him in the house and to make him feel better about himself.

Due to perhaps a mixture off too much alcohol, the close physical proximity between the two of them, and perhaps also a fragile mental state, Jeremy seems to have completely misread Chloe's attempt of kindness as a come on of some sort and made a move on her.
He didn't grope her boob, he pulled aside her robe thinking she had bikini on underneath, maybe he was going to move in for a kiss too before Chloe stood up and said she was not comfortable with that.

Jeremy was wrong to get too drunk if it has this affect - you have to take responsibility for your own alcohol limits and your behaviour. He was also wrong to pull apart the robe without asking permission even if he was about to try and make a move as in kiss her. I can understand why he was removed as Chloe was understandably very upset about the situation and it might have been very hard to rectify the situation.

I think he made a very very silly mistake because of misreading the situation, but I wouldn't class him as an abusive sex offender.

However even if it was a stupid mistake on Jeremy's part, it doesn't mean Chloe has no right to get very upset and cry about it. It's easy as a viewer to say she's overreacting but she said herself a lot of it was "just the shock", she's very young and this obviously scared her and give her a nasty shock as she was reading the situation completely different to Jeremy so it came out of nowhere to her.

I'm not even really a fan or anything of Chloe but I don't think she's to blame in this situation.
I also don't think Jeremy is as bad as is being made out but can understand why he was removed.

Ken is a much more aggressive and rude person than Jeremy imo.
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:14 PM #16

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeryFan View Post
I think your attitude is kinda part of the problem. You wouldn't put yourself in that situation, but you should be able to help a person in need without having to worry about such things, and if someone did behave inappropriately, guess what? it still wouldn't be your fault, no matter what you say.

Of course the outside world has bearing on what happens in the house. If she's had tough experiences outside the house she's going to react that way. Everyone reacts differently because everyone has had different experiences in life. What bothers me is when people criticise the victim for over-reacting but don't criticise the person in the wrong, even though they showed little, to no remorse for what they did, or how they made that person feel.
I think my attitude is sensible, measured and not melodramatic. As I said what he did was inappropriate but did he commit a crime? Hardly. It about perspective. If that sickens anyone on the forum I'm not coming in the toilet while you vom either!

― Richard Dawkins
Old 10-01-2015, 11:16 PM #17
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R View Post
What I'm wondering is why it's all these jerks and players still get the majority of attention from girls on nights out. Nice guys finish last and yet all bad guys who do crazy stuff like this get girls round the block!

Jeremy is clearly got issues and is probably used to girls throwing themselves at him and took any attention as 'that' kind of attention.
FYI he split from his wife the week before he entered so his head was mega messed up
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM #18
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

Callum Best prompted Jeremy by saying 'he thought she had a swimsuit on underneath her robe'. Up until then Jeremy had not voiced that...
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM #19

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post

What gets me today is that although girls in the BB house are happy to let the world see their bits and pieces, they see quite unable to cope with or reject any advances without acting like some damsel in distress.

Is it that I learnt the hard way to tell blokes to keep their hands to themselves or else without the histrionics we saw tonight. Yes, it was in appropriate, but the man was drunk, vomiting and by the look of what he was smoking, quite high.

It seemed to be a drunken fumble and a sharp elbow or knee in his groin area would have left him far more reticent to try again than some tears, hand waving and hysteria.

On the other hand she is up for eviction, the sympathy vote would be useful for her but with Kens behaviour, I think she is safe enough.
More common sense.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM #20

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Quote:
So basically you're saying women should assume all men are going to sexually assault them so its their own fault if they choose to be alone with them? lol

I cannot believe some of the comments on tonight episode I thought we were a much better forum than that.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:18 PM #21
User banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: JohnMc
User banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: JohnMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
Completely agree OP but I fear that many will vote to save Ken for some strange reason
Not strange reason, but common sense. Ken to Win!

Last edited by MojoNixon; 10-01-2015 at 11:27 PM.
MojoNixon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:19 PM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Chloe was not playing for the sympathy vote tonight.Her tears were genuine and I would have don EXACTLY the same in that situation. Chloe didn't lock herself into the toilet with Jeremy. The other girls were in there too. I reckon Michelle might have given him that sharp elbow you mention but Chloe is made of different stuff
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:22 PM #23
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

It's disgusting. There's a thread on this forum that asks other members to 'keep Ken in'. I don't understand how "entertainment" is so important to anybody that disgraceful behaviour should be rewarded.

There are people on here that have airtime trump morality and those people need to get a grip.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 PM #24

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
So basically you're saying women should assume all men are going to sexually assault them so its their own fault if they choose to be alone with them? lol

I cannot believe some of the comments on tonight episode I thought we were a much better forum than that.
No I'm saying its a little silly to put yourself in close proximity to someone who has had a lot to drink, particularly in a state of undress. That doesn't mean he should touch but really it was dumb and not too far fetched that someone who isn't thinking straight might get the wrong idea. And don't put words into my mouth.Thanks!

I think it was a stupid situation but the guy doesn't deserve the major overaction he is getting. How have we gone from touching her robe to sexual assault?

― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 10-01-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:29 PM #25

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

Well im sorry to say but it seems that pre feminism era you supposedly grew up in has spat you out as a walking talking hypocrite.

Seriously this post makes me depressed, to you girls should expect to be groped for wearing revealing clothes? How are you pro female? It seems to me your mind set is very much still in the 60's/70's and you're a victim of your time.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 10-01-2015 at 11:30 PM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
forum, reactions, show, sickened