Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-02-2015, 03:13 PM #176
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
And what about the 76% who don't? Are you going to ignore them?
I was hoping people could master subtraction

but as the figure should have been 100 the story is not about 76% now is it?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 03:36 PM #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
If true this is a disgraceful statistic, I rather suspected the majority of Muslims agree in principal to the ideals behind the attack if not the murderous methods employed.

But to think that a quarter of UK Muslims agree with the attacks themselves and the resulting violent assassination of these journalists is almost too much to believe.

I can't imagine however if questioned a 1/4 of UK Muslims saying such a thing so perhaps I should take this statistic with a large pinch of salt.

more like bloody typical

Sign Of The Times
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 03:56 PM #178
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

I would like to throw this thread under a bus
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 04:49 PM #179
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Oh dear; I've never ever berated anyone for disagreeing with anyone's viewpoint - can you please expound so that I can apologise if I have?

Also, I am not suggesting that anyone who disagrees with me, LT and Nedusa are "erratic" and irrational" at all, or that all their arguments are, and you are misinterpreting what I said. When I said:

"It all kind of destroys all the erratic, irrational arguments against my posts for a start. Nuff said."

I was talking about specific arguments as being irrational (in my opinion) in certain posts which have criticised my posts or opposed the points I've made in them, not all posts in general. "All the erratic, irrational arguments" - not "all arguments".

I am opinionated, and outspoken, but I totally believe in what I write, and I do not ever write to 'try to be clever', or to merely elicit applause or admiration (in fact I have lost admirers because of my views) I write because I am driven, and there are many things which I know and have experienced which have shaped my views, but which I cannot post on an open forum because it may endanger my family.

I welcome any honest and reasoned debate or discussion.
Yes, yes you have it's a running theme throughout your posts to make derogatory comments relating to posters whose take doesn't mirror your viewpoint.
The fact one small study was lauded as the opinion of 800,000 Muslims is not outspoken ... it's fallacious.

Last edited by Kizzy; 25-02-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 05:12 PM #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Yes, yes you have it's a running theme throughout your posts to make derogatory comments relating to posters whose take doesn't mirror your viewpoint.
The fact one small study was lauded as the opinion of 800,000 Muslims is not outspoken ... it's fallacious.
You say what you want and think what you want. You are an expert at accusing others of your own sins.

I know the difference between arguing for arguing's sake and debating and discussing.

Your opinion on the survey is your opinion and mine is mine, so what else is there to say dear little argumentative one?

Except Bye.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 25-02-2015 at 05:13 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 09:10 PM #181
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
You say what you want and think what you want. You are an expert at accusing others of your own sins.

I know the difference between arguing for arguing's sake and debating and discussing.

Your opinion on the survey is your opinion and mine is mine, so what else is there to say dear little argumentative one?

Except Bye.
I'll ignore the patronising comments and the smileys and just add you stated that as fact... and it isn't.
Old 25-02-2015, 09:32 PM #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I'll ignore the patronising comments and the smileys and just add you stated that as fact... and it isn't.
I know; instead of keep posting comments why don't we play a little game of TRUTH?

It's really simple: You make an accusatory statement about me or my post, like this one:

Originally Posted by Kizzy
"It's hypocritical for you to in one thread berate me for disagreeing with someones view"

Then I post a response to it, like this one:

"Oh dear; I've never ever berated anyone for disagreeing with anyone's viewpoint - can you please expound so that I can apologise if I have?"

Then you ignore my response and do not expound with any examples of where I have "berated" you for "disagreeing with someone's view" - simply because YOU KNOW THERE ARE NONE and do not want to be exposed as making false claims - again.

So then, you just SKIRT THE ISSUE and simply post another load of twaddle, like this:

"Yes, yes you have it's a running theme throughout your posts to make derogatory comments relating to posters whose take doesn't mirror your viewpoint."

So now, I then challenge you to provide PROOF which corroborates and justifies your outrageous claims above -- But I don't hold my breath waiting for you to do so, but instead prime myself for the next response from you which SKIRTS THIS CHALLENGE and makes yet another unjustified, groundless claim. Strictly based on past experience with you, you understand?

Aah well.... Momma always said; tedious is as tedious does.

Bye Again.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 25-02-2015 at 09:38 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 09:40 PM #183
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I know; instead of keep posting comments why don't we play a little game of TRUTH?

It's really simple: You make an accusatory statement about me or my post, like this one:

"It's hypocritical for you to in one thread berate me for disagreeing with someones view"

Then I post a response to it, like this one:

"Oh dear; I've never ever berated anyone for disagreeing with anyone's viewpoint - can you please expound so that I can apologise if I have?"

Then you ignore my response and do not expound with any examples of where I have "berated" you for "disagreeing with someone's view" - simply because YOU KNOW THERE ARE NONE and do not want to be exposed as making false claims - again.

So then, you just SKIRT THE ISSUE and simply post another load of twaddle, like this:

"Yes, yes you have it's a running theme throughout your posts to make derogatory comments relating to posters whose take doesn't mirror your viewpoint."

So now, I then challenge you to provide PROOF which corroborates and justifies your outrageous claims above -- But I don 't hold my breath waiting for you to do so, but instead prime myself for the next response from you which SKIRTS THIS CHALLENGE and makes yet another unjustified, groundless claim. Strictly based on past experience with you, you understand?

Aah well.... Momma always said; tedious is as tedious does.

Bye Again.
It was another thread in discussion today, it has no bearing on this thread so I didn't wish to discuss it here.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bus, christians, defend, islam, obama, throws