Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:36 PM #1
You know my methods

You know my methods

Default Obama throws Christians under a bus to defend ISLAM

At the National Prayer Breakfast , President Obama made a statement:

Humanity has been grappling with these questions throughout human history. And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ.

Said former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore, a Republican, “The president’s comments this morning at the prayer breakfast are the most offensive I’ve ever heard a president make in my lifetime … He has offended every believing Christian in the United States.” Added Bill Donohue, the president of the Catholic League

I am sorry but the "leader of the free world" thinks that muttering under your breath will be heard by some god thing in the sky who watches 20,000 die a day from hunger

no wonder the world is f ucked up

Only when America tells the world that religion is made up rubbish will we move on as the human race

what do you think?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:47 PM #2
-

-

Come-on now Lt, you're on TiBB. Didn't you know that in the Big Book of Alternate Tibby Histories, the crusades and the Spanish inquisition didn't happen? They are just made up tales designed to discredit Jesus. Probably invented by Muslims. Obama is probably a covert Muslim. Why else would he ever say anything about Christianity that isn't entirely positive? I literally can't think of any reason. Get him waterboarded quick smart, he'll sell out his ISIS masters in no time, and we can get a proper Jesus loving president in place!

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 07-02-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:16 AM #3
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Poor Obama his gonna get massacred for this.

I do agree with him that Christianity aren't saints either, but Islam is becoming a worldwide problem, they don't accept other peoples way of life, and to convert them some of them think it's okay to bomb people, torture people, and other violent acts, then some of the less extreme ones try to force anybody outside of the Religion to convert into being a Muslim if you want to be with the parents child.

Then of course you've got your moderate and sane Muslims, and they're the ones that can try and change this from within as they won't listen to the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, most of India, China, Mayanmar/Burma, Japan, and a lot of other countries, but if anyone is gonna change that nutball of a Religion it is the moderates.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:40 AM #4
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Poor Obama his gonna get massacred for this.

I do agree with him that Christianity aren't saints either, but Islam is becoming a worldwide problem, they don't accept other peoples way of life, and to convert them some of them think it's okay to bomb people, torture people, and other violent acts, then some of the less extreme ones try to force anybody outside of the Religion to convert into being a Muslim if you want to be with the parents child.

Then of course you've got your moderate and sane Muslims, and they're the ones that can try and change this from within as they won't listen to the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, most of India, China, Mayanmar/Burma, Japan, and a lot of other countries, but if anyone is gonna change that nutball of a Religion it is the moderates.
I am unfortunately living in a muslim country and yeah most of the muslim people here are disrespectful. However most of the muslim people in here doesnt think it is okay to bomb people or torture people, that is just what stupid isis do.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:21 AM #5

Yes the President
is in his own world
upsetting the Americans
on CNBC , CNN America , CBS News
and FoxNewsHD
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:58 AM #6
Banned

Banned

People will always use religion to justify horrific acts, Obama's right to say that Christianity is no better or different to Islam.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:47 AM #7
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

It's fair to make the point he did, Islam is not inherently predisposed to violence and extremism more than Christianity is, and just as the crusades, the Inquisitions, the bloody infighting Christianity saw in the 16th/17th centuries are now treated as stains on Christianity's history that we have long since moved on from, so Isis will probably be looked on in years to come. This paragraph pretty much summed it up for me written after the Paris attacks:

Quote:
This isn’t difficult to understand when you recognise that Islam isn’t a fixed entity whose nature is preprogrammed by its holy texts or early history. Whether you think Islam is inherently violent or benign, you can scour the Quran and the life of Muhammed and find evidence to support your view. But Islam, like any global religion with a long history, takes a thousand different forms in the many social and political contexts in which people call themselves Muslims. Nobody thinks Christians are forever doomed to carry out acts of genocide because the Old Testament is full of holy war. So why do we find it so hard to see that Muslims can be both Salafists and feminists, fundamentalists and reformists, Isis butchers and Kurdish freedom fighters?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...h-9974645.html
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:21 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
People will always use religion to justify horrific acts, Obama's right to say that Christianity is no better or different to Islam.
The difference being that the horrific acts comminted by Christians were in the past. Such horrific acts commited by Islam are on-going and used as a constant threat in an attempt to create a climate of fear.

As the human race has generally become more civilised we are supposed to know better.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:26 PM #9
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Most Religious histories are written in blood. But seen as Muslims (not all) are actively trying to take over the world at the moment, we should concentrate on the present to try fix the problem.

The crusades were very very different times.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:28 PM #10
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

He's just saying that christianity has done a lot of **** just like islam has

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:32 PM #11
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

No.. the west is developed and is seen as civilised.
Obama is right to suggest that ALL denominations have blood on their hands, and for Christians that's not as far back as some think.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:42 PM #12
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
The difference being that the horrific acts comminted by Christians were in the past. Such horrific acts commited by Islam are on-going and used as a constant threat in an attempt to create a climate of fear.

As the human race has generally become more civilised we are supposed to know better.
It doesn't matter that it happened in the past, one day Isis will be a thing of the past but it won't make their crimes any less grave.

Also it's ignorant to say that these acts are being committed by Islam, it's not. Not every Muslim is declaring jihad. It's a small minority that are using Islam to justify their crimes. They aren't even following it properly as, if I recall, using fire to harm others is a huge no no according to the Qu'ran. These people are just using religion to take advantage of vulnerable people and their fears to line their own pockets.

It's like saying that all Christians are peadophiles because of the actions of a few priests. It's a ridiculous notion and I will never understand why people think it's okay to tar an entire religion's worth of people with the same brush.

Last edited by Tom4784; 08-02-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:46 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
No.. the west is developed and is seen as civilised.
Obama is right to suggest that ALL denominations have blood on their hands, and for Christians that's not as far back as some think.
Noone is saying Christianity doesn't have blood on its hands, like any other religion. We can't change the past. What counts is the now And most religious violence in the world today is connected to Islam.

Frankly I have no time for the Islam excusers as improved education and communications have forced most religions to beoome more aware of peoples' human rights. Why should Islam be any different? Many followers of Islam simply refuse to move on and consider peoples' human rights - and it is usually related to control. No excuses.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:02 PM #14

Quote:
It doesn't matter that it happened in the past, one day Isis will be a thing of the past but it won't make their crimes any less grave.

Also it's ignorant to say that these acts are being committed by Islam, it's not. Not every Muslim is declaring jihad. It's a small minority that are using Islam to justify their crimes. They aren't even following it properly as, if I recall, using fire to harm others is a huge no no according to the Qu'ran. These people are just using religion to take advantage of vulnerable people and their fears to line their own pockets.

It's like saying that all Christians are peadophiles because of the actions of a few priests. It's a ridiculous notion and I will never understand why people think it's okay to tar an entire religion's worth of people with the same brush.
What happened in the past is different to what is happening now - because we can't do anything about it - only learn from it. And most religions have.

Now is what counts and many Muslims, allegedly in the name of Islam, are using it now. You certainly can't excuse it by saying that one day that will be in the past too. Ridiculous point.

A few priests hardly compares to the number of Muslims currently involved in Islamic violence and threatening world peace so attempting to make such a comparison is ridiculous.

I don't believe in tarring people with the same brush, but I still don't see enough outrage and condemnation of these acts coming from Muslims, including English Muslims, to believe the majority of Muslims are against it.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:13 PM #15
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Islam is a much newer religion than Christianity and its divisions are a lot more acute and a lot more violent, the Islamic world is at war with itself the same way the Christian world was a few hundred years ago. Yes we should acknowledge that this is the present but we also shouldn't treat Islam as spectacularly different from Christianity in taking the path that it is now, you can't expect the whole world to move through a linear set of stages
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:22 PM #16
Banned

Banned

Quote:
What happened in the past is different to what is happening now - because we can't do anything about it - only learn from it. And most religions have.

Now is what counts and many Muslims, allegedly in the name of Islam, are using it now. You certainly can't excuse it by saying that one day that will be in the past too. Ridiculous point.

A few priests hardly compares to the number of Muslims currently involved in Islamic violence and threatening world peace so attempting to make such a comparison is ridiculous.

I don't believe in tarring people with the same brush, but I still don't see enough outrage and condemnation of these acts coming from Muslims, including English Muslims, to believe the majority of Muslims are against it.
I'm not comparing the crimes, I'm comparing people's reactions to them. People are quick to separate religion from the crime if the religion in question is Christianity but if a Muslim commits a crime then you expect the whole religion to be dragged over hot coals for it.

There's plenty of Muslims out there that are condemning the actions of Isis but they'll never get representation in the media because it goes against the image of what the media wants Islam to be. Fear sells and most mainstream media outlets want Islam to be their boogeyman. Just because you don't look for it doesn't mean that all of Islam are complacent and happy enough to let Isis do what they want.

Remember, Isis have killed more Muslims than anyone else of any other creed or race. Muslims have more of a reason to oppose Isis than anyone and they do, it's just that it'll never get highlighted in the media since it won't sell as much as fear and hatred will.

Last edited by Tom4784; 08-02-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:04 PM #17
User banned

User banned

Quote:
It is totally different? that's a crazy claim
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:07 PM #18
User banned

User banned

Quote:

Obama is wrong here plain and simple....he shouldn't be apologising for these mass murdering psychopaths and he shouldn't be condemning Christians for it either...clearly hes banned from saying jews are just as much to blame as theyre protected unlike Christians....what a mess of double standards....this is about radical islam
Old 08-02-2015, 09:10 PM #19
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Obama only has a year left. HE said at the state of the union he isn't gonna run for any office ever again to muttered laughter from the republicans. HE replied by pointing out that he's beat them in every race he's ever run against them . I hope all this signals him going out with a bang. It about time he slapped them around.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 08-02-2015 at 09:11 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:12 PM #20
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
It is totally different? that's a crazy claim
It's really not, all religion is and has been used as justification for attrocities and Christianity is no different.

It's truly ignorant to think that one religion is better than another, it's all the same. There are extremists in every religion.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:32 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelihV View Post
I am unfortunately living in a muslim country and yeah most of the muslim people here are disrespectful. However most of the muslim people in here doesnt think it is okay to bomb people or torture people, that is just what stupid isis do.
Turkey does seem like it's the head country for moderate Muslims though, hopefully other Muslim countries will follow their lead someday.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:35 PM #22
User banned

User banned

Quote:
It's really not, all religion is and has been used as justification for attrocities and Christianity is no different.

It's truly ignorant to think that one religion is better than another, it's all the same. There are extremists in every religion.
that's the most ignorant stupidest post Iver EVER READ on any website ever
Christianity and Islam are about as similar as heaven is to hell........totally different ends of the spectrum. you really need to read and learn for about 20 years before you even comment on it further. You live in a society built on Christian principles and laws... where youre allowed free speech to a degree where you live in relative peace with a decent standard of living where we fight for equal rights where we have healthcare for all where we believe in the principle of redemption , enlightenment , forgiveness ......islam and this perverted version of islam praches hate it has no pace for forgiveness anywhere , it has no place for redemption...people get killed for all sorts of so called crimes...you and me would already be killed for writing in this thread...and Jesus said let he who is without sin cast the first stone....every person put their stones down and the woman was set free..now go and sin no more..."

im truly embarrassed for you
Old 08-02-2015, 11:47 PM #23

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Christianity(mostly) grew up.Islam is still living in the past.Yes Islam is a newer religion but in this day and age it should know better and grow up too.Stoning,beheading and forcing women to cover up does not gel with modern society.Even people in backwards Middle Eastern countries know this due to the technology avaliable now.Ignorance is no excuse for cruel medievil behaviour in todays world.
Not wise from Obama when a large percentage of Americans are devout Christians.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 08-02-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:07 AM #24
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
that's the most ignorant stupidest post Iver EVER READ on any website ever
Christianity and Islam are about as similar as heaven is to hell........totally different ends of the spectrum. you really need to read and learn for about 20 years before you even comment on it further. You live in a society built on Christian principles and laws... where youre allowed free speech to a degree where you live in relative peace with a decent standard of living where we fight for equal rights where we have healthcare for all where we believe in the principle of redemption , enlightenment , forgiveness ......islam and this perverted version of islam praches hate it has no pace for forgiveness anywhere , it has no place for redemption...people get killed for all sorts of so called crimes...you and me would already be killed for writing in this thread...and Jesus said let he who is without sin cast the first stone....every person put their stones down and the woman was set free..now go and sin no more..."

im truly embarrassed for you
Have you ever been to Ireland?
Old 09-02-2015, 08:25 AM #25

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
It's fair to make the point he did, Islam is not inherently predisposed to violence and extremism more than Christianity is, and just as the crusades, the Inquisitions, the bloody infighting Christianity saw in the 16th/17th centuries are now treated as stains on Christianity's history that we have long since moved on from, so Isis will probably be looked on in years to come. This paragraph pretty much summed it up for me written after the Paris attacks:
No sorry, don't agree.... Islam by its very nature has violence enshrined at its core. It promote murder for a wide variety of issues including homosexuality and adultery plus if you try to leave this faith one that your parents signed you up for , again the sentence is death.

These rules won't change in 50,100 or 500 years.

Islam in its very nature is not a peace loving religion by any means .

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bus, christians, defend, islam, obama, throws