Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 31-05-2015, 11:21 AM #726

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

Tbh it was the highest rated Saturday so far.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 11:23 AM #727

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Hmm... I'll try not to judge because it was a Saturday and they never do well. I guess by Tuesday we'll know if the ratings have any hope of going up or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
Tbh it was the highest rated Saturday so far.
Didn't know this... at least that's something.

Last edited by RichardG; 31-05-2015 at 11:24 AM.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 11:26 AM #728
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Still messy
Old 31-05-2015, 11:50 AM #729
-

-

Really isn't the worst rating considering some of the week days have rated worse
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 11:57 AM #730

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Ive been so busy im only now catching up with the series just finished Thursdays episode with Aaron getting kicked out. The series is like classic BB imo theres been loads of fun and enough drama and now they go and pull some ****ty twist and boot 4 out? Why do they continue to mess with the show? It was a horrendous idea in BB11 which killed the final and im not sure whos gone yet luckily ive managed to avoid seeing but the characters up are all good housemates.

If producers thought the viewers were finding it boring then they should have given US the power to vote the most boring 4 housemates and not just unfairly kicked out good ones in an obvious attempt to boost the ratings.

What did they gain a few extra hundred thousand for 1 night? They alienated the fans of these housemates who were booted im sure and any viewers gained will be lost.

Every year they do something to **** it up....Ahem Katie Price!

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 31-05-2015 at 11:58 AM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 12:09 PM #731

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB16: Nick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Ive been so busy im only now catching up with the series just finished Thursdays episode with Aaron getting kicked out. The series is like classic BB imo theres been loads of fun and enough drama and now they go and pull some ****ty twist and boot 4 out? Why do they continue to mess with the show? It was a horrendous idea in BB11 which killed the final and im not sure whos gone yet luckily ive managed to avoid seeing but the characters up are all good housemates.

If producers thought the viewers were finding it boring then they should have given US the power to vote the most boring 4 housemates and not just unfairly kicked out good ones in an obvious attempt to boost the ratings.

What did they gain a few extra hundred thousand for 1 night? They alienated the fans of these housemates who were booted im sure and any viewers gained will be lost.

Jamesy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 12:17 PM #732

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I wasn't a fan of the twist BUT I just caught up on last nights show and it was IMO the best of the series. In the long run, this may be a good move. Everyone is going on about Marc and the way Chloe exploded for the first time in the series against a guy who has barely been in there an hour is def worth it!

Marc has brought out the personalities of Chloe and Danny.

Tonight will be the rating which will be important.
Old 31-05-2015, 12:20 PM #733

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt

Low rating, had no real competition last night.
Old 31-05-2015, 12:20 PM #734

Favourites (more):
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden
BB14: Hazel

Favourites (more):
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden
BB14: Hazel

Quote:

c5 cant help themselves. as much as it needed a little spicing up it was refreshing to see less arguments and a more natural house.
Old 31-05-2015, 12:24 PM #735

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiphillips View Post
Low rating, had no real competition last night.
It doesn't matter, you should know that after 15 years of BB, that Saturdays always rate lowly.

Last nights rating is on par with the Sat ratings from BB15. I reckon tonight... 1.15m. Which would be 200k higher than the previous Sunday.
Old 31-05-2015, 12:29 PM #736
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):

Considering the first Saturday got 690k that's quite an improvement. Has this massive twist done something?

Is that with +1 by the way?

Last edited by Rob!; 31-05-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Rob! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 12:35 PM #737

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The drama was good and all last night but I personally didn't find it the best episode of the series. Marc coming across as completely fake and forcing drama didn't really do it for me.

But ah well, looking at social media people like the confrontations.
Jamesy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 01:50 PM #738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Considering the first Saturday got 690k that's quite an improvement. Has this massive twist done something?

Is that with +1 by the way?
yes it did something alright thats for sure. It pissed off a lot of the regular viewers in exchange for 200k people that were just rubbernecking and were curious what was happening.

Last edited by billy123; 31-05-2015 at 01:51 PM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 01:59 PM #739

Favourites:

Favourites:

Just finished watching it.

Nah this aint for me, I loved Sarah and Harriet was an amazing housemate who was real an actual real person who deserved to be in civilian BB.

I didn't enjoy watching the housemates who ive just spent hours getting to know and warm to being kicked out in one fouls swoop especially Sarah! It was just quite horrible to watch.

I didn't mind Kieron going he was a bore but the other 3 were good housemates and were really coming into their own. Now its like starting all over again im exhausted.

**** it im done with BB this year.....I know people say that and everyone like (Oh yes whatever you will watch) no I really wont im over the show.

SHOOOOOOOOWBIIIIIIZ just ****ing put the nail in the coffin for me with his little scripted comeback.

Ratings wise isn't this doing worse than the spin off BB Celeb Hijack which aired on e4?

Wow ive finally found theres life outside this forum and BB and got my ****ing summers back lol I shall have fond memories of past series and epic ranting on the forum but enough is enough.

RIP BB.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 31-05-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 31-05-2015, 02:05 PM #740
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Just finished watching it.

Nah this aint for me, I loved Sarah and Harriet was an amazing housemate who was real an actual real person who deserved to be in civilian BB.

I didn't enjoy watching the housemates who ive just spent hours getting to know and warm to being kicked out in one fouls swoop especially Sarah! It was just quite horrible to watch.

I didn't mind Kieron going he was a bore but the other 3 were good housemates and were really coming into their own. Now its like starting all over again im exhausted.

**** it im done with BB this year.....I know people say that and everyone like (Oh yes whatever you will watch) no I really wont im over the show.

SHOOOOOOOOWBIIIIIIZ just ****ing put the nail in the coffin for me with his little scripted comeback.

Ratings wise isn't this doing worse than the spin off BB Celeb Hijack which aired on e4?

Wow ive finally found theres life outside this forum and BB and got my ****ing summers back lol I shall have fond memories of past series and epic ranting on the forum but enough is enough.

RIP BB.

I've got nothing to back it up with but I'm pretty sure that hijack was getting like 600k for evictions so no this is doing a lot better

I'm not going to stop watching - there's still some good interesting characters in there for me. If I can make it all the way through BB12 which I mostly despised then this series which I'm actually still enjoying is nothing. Apart from Sarah all my faves are still going strong so.
Old 31-05-2015, 03:16 PM #741

Quote:
Ive been so busy im only now catching up with the series just finished Thursdays episode with Aaron getting kicked out. The series is like classic BB imo theres been loads of fun and enough drama and now they go and pull some ****ty twist and boot 4 out? Why do they continue to mess with the show?
Because it was pulling in poor viewing figures for the following reasons... The early start when young people are doing exams; it has been up against BGT; and thanks to there still being no live coverage there was no way to get to know the housemates enough to care about how their stories developed. The reason they end up relying on desperate stunts, pointless twists and loudmouthed characters is because the show has lost it's urgency and immediacy which it was given by the live coverage.

Quote:
What did they gain a few extra hundred thousand for 1 night? They alienated the fans of these housemates who were booted im sure and any viewers gained will be lost!
Yep, any benefit in terms of viewing figures will soon disappear. If there is any at all.
Beetlejuice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 03:17 PM #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
yes it did something alright thats for sure. It pissed off a lot of the regular viewers in exchange for 200k people that were just rubbernecking and were curious what was happening.
It wasn't up against BGT or Eurovision. Of course it did better. It is still poor

Last edited by Beetlejuice; 31-05-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 31-05-2015, 03:20 PM #743

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
I wasn't a fan of the twist BUT I just caught up on last nights show and it was IMO the best of the series.
Why wouldn't it be... 4 people get evicted and 4 new housemates come in, one of whom has clearly been given orders to causes drama. It's like the first night all over again. But things soon die down

Quote:
In the long run, this may be a good move. Everyone is going on about Marc and the way Chloe exploded for the first time in the series against a guy who has barely been in there an hour is def worth it!
Actually most people are going "What is this ****". You've got it exactly the wrong way round. The figures may improve in the short term (though not much) but the show has been even further damaged than it was last year.

Quote:
Marc has brought out the personalities of Chloe and Danny.

Tonight will be the rating which will be important.
Good luck to it. I suspect a lot will be watching ITV2.

Last edited by Beetlejuice; 31-05-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 31-05-2015, 04:59 PM #744

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
Because it was pulling in poor viewing figures for the following reasons... The early start when young people are doing exams; it has been up against BGT; and thanks to there still being no live coverage there was no way to get to know the housemates enough to care about how their stories developed. The reason they end up relying on desperate stunts, pointless twists and loudmouthed characters is because the show has lost it's urgency and immediacy which it was given by the live coverage.

Yep, any benefit in terms of viewing figures will soon disappear. If there is any at all.
When has BB ever clashed with the BGT finals? Arent they on at like 8pm? BB doesn't start till 10pm.

Since when did kids start studying? lol

I agree it was brought back way to early and only now should we really start getting house pics imo it was BB overload way to soon after people to forget CBB15 going out on a whimper. Ya know what I trust Salv so i'll give last night and tonight a go but I cant see me sticking with this now. I feel really let down by production.

My beloved Sarah and Harriet went I really felt for the housemates they got just as stitcjhed up as us and Emma clearly said in the interview "We had to do something everyone was being to nice" Last year she was complaining there was no fun this year after a slow burner we finally got a cast that had a good mix of arguments, fun, proper debates and talking points and real friendships not all based on "the game" and they do a u turn and kick out some very good housemates in favour of some vile wannabes there to bring fake drama.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 31-05-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 31-05-2015, 05:04 PM #745
that's Nice

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
that's Nice

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

You know what gets me they have enough space to build a small house next door they had a weeke they could have come up with somthing, it was hard to watch them leave on friday didint care about the twins but we lost some good housemates
JohnnyBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 05:06 PM #746

Favourites (more):
BB14: Callum
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):
BB14: Callum
BB13: Deana

Only loss is Sarah really.
aman201 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 06:02 PM #747

Quote:
When has BB ever clashed with the BGT finals? Arent they on at like 8pm? BB doesn't start till 10pm.

I suspect a lot of natural BB viewers tune in to the ITV2 BGT show after the main show.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:53 AM #748
Growin’ up fast.

Favourites:
BB16: Adjoa
Growin’ up fast.

Favourites:
BB16: Adjoa

I say 0.9-1.1m
Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 AM #749
-

-

Excluding +1 channels, 1.03m (6.1%) tuned in for Sunday's highlights at the later than usual time of 10pm. It beat the finale of Britain's Got More Talent which pulled in 0.76m (4.5%) for ITV2.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:09 AM #750

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Despite being on an hour later than original on a Sunday, 1.03m excl +1 is 80,000 higher than last weeks 950k with +1 in the 9pm slot.

It will probably be around 1.10m incl +1 which would make it ~150,000 higher than last Sunday.

So if we compare it to Sunday-Wednesday of the last week, the twist kind of has paid of... FOR NOW.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother 16, ratings, thread