Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:02 AM #1
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
BB16: Harriet
BB9: Mikey
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
Default Why has mark not been etected from the house for using DEROGATORY language?

a FEW bb'S AGO, SOME GIRL WAS REMOVED IN TEARS FOR A SLIP OF THE TONGUE WHEN SHE ASKED A BLACK HOUSEMATE IN ALL INNOCENCE...wHA'S UP MUH NIGGUH? sHE SAID IT ONCE, AND NO AMOUNT OF EXPLAINING HOW IT WAS AN EVERYDAY DAY THING TO HER WITH HER BLACK FRIENDS DID HER ANY GOOD AT ALL>PRODUCERS WANTED TO BE SEEN AS @RIGHT ON@ WITH THEIR LIL ETHNIC GROUPS. (oops, caps) Out she went, never to be heard of again once the english red top rags that pass for newspapers among the workerking/coping class people had got their column inches out of it. The other night on tv, (and very likely, given his fear of the power of women over him) on many unseen occasions used the word 'KNACKER' TO DESCRIBE hARRY WHO ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYS HIM. hE USED THIS WORD NOT ONCE IN THE SEGMENT, BUT AT LEAST FOUR TIMES. tHIS WORD IS AN EXTREMELY DEROGATORY WORD USED IN iRELAND TO DESCRIBE TRAVELLER PEOPLE...THE KIND THAT YE ENGLISH CALL PIKEYS, WHICH IS ONLY ONE STEP BELOW THE KNACKER WORD. i MYSELF AM NOT OF THEIR COMMUNITY WHICH HAS LIVED A NOMADIC LIFESTYLE FOR CENTURIES, BUT I DO BELIEVE THEY DESERVE RESPECT AS MUCH AS THE NEXT PERSON, REGARDLESS OF SOME OF THE ACTIVITIES OF A SMALL NUMBER OF THEM. bEAR IN MIND THAT THE SETTLED COMMUNITIES HAVE THEIR PROBLEMATIC PEOPLE TOO. SO, THE QUESTION REMAINS...WHERE IS THE CONSISTENCY AMONG THE PRODUCTION TEAM IF THEY SLING A YOUNG GIRL FOR AN ILL CONSIDERED STATEMENT TO SOMEONE SHE CONSIDERED A FRIEND (NO SUCH THING IN BB FOLKS) AND ALLOW A GROSSLY ANTI SOCIAL 'TICK' TWAT TO USE LANGUAGE THAT UPSETS A MINORITY ETHNIC GROUP NO END, WITH SUCH VITRIO TO REMAIN IN THE STUDIO (YES GUYS N GALS, THAT'S WHAT T IS AT THE END OF THE NIGHT) TOSSING WHAT PASSES FOR WIT IN MARKLAND. IF MARK WAS AS INTELLIGENT AS HE WANTS YOU ALL TO BELIEVE, HE COULD INSULT SOMEONE WITHOUT RESORTING TO SUCH VILENESS.
oN ANOTHER NOTE, bARBARA FROM BOTS WAS RIGHT ON THE MONEY WHEN SHE SAID THE REAL MARK CAN BE SEEN IN THE DIARY ROOM, APOLOGISING AND BROWN NOSING AUTHORITY FIGURES.

AND A LITTLE BONUS FOR MARK FANS N HATERS, ROOT HIM OUT ON YOU TUBE BY SEARCHING YOUTUBE FOR 'MARC TALLAFORNIA' AND GET AN EYEFULL OF HIS PULLING SKILLS ETC. APOLS IF SOMEONE ALREADY MENTIONED THIS, BUT TO EXPECT SOMEONE TO READ A WHOLE BARREL OF FORUM THREADS BEFORE POSTING LEST IT ALREADY HAVE BEEN POSTED IS ASKING A WEE BIT TOO MUCH....SOME YES, AND THE REST WHEN TIME ALLOWS, SO ONCE AGAIN, SORRY IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE OLD HAT.

HAVEN'T YET MANAGED TO NAIL DOWN A FAVOURITE YET, BUT JACK N CHLOE ARE LOOKING SWEET TO ME. DANNY WAS SHAPING UP TO BE THE HOUSE BULLY...THEN MARK ARRIVED. CHRISTIAN HAS THE PERSONALITY OF BUILDERS SAND. JADE IS A LYING SEEKER OF ATTENTION N LIMELIGHT. SAM? VERY SHREWD, CUNNING N SLEEVEEN, A WORD YE MIGHT HAV HEARD IRISH HM'S USING MENING VERY SLY. HARRY IS JUST HARRY WHAT U SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. SIMON'S NOT WORTHY OF ANOTHER THOUGHT. BOTH CHLOE N JACK ARE DARK HORSES YET TO REVEAL THEIR BEST THO JACK ROSE TO THE MARK CHALLENGE WITH BRAVERY AND MUCHO GUSTO.

Now, Admins etc...I'm not shouting, despite the caps(personally I don't see why folk get upset coz someone on the other side of the planet types in caps, but it's a strange plaace our world has become in recent decades) it was entirely accidental as might be divined by the lower case that starts some sentences...for them that as gets all twisted over it, I'm off to whip myself...I believe caps lock abuse counts for thirty lashes? or has it gone up under cameron??? Greets n out from Dublin..(Brummie born)

Last edited by iToby; 10-06-2015 at 06:08 AM.
iToby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 AM #2

Marc is entertaining is your answer.
Basically is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:46 AM #3
cancelled

cancelled

........viewers appreciate..........train wrecks..............

in our politically correct word racism will not be tolerated..............being sexist

ok............proving in many ways it can still be a mans world

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:55 AM #4
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basically View Post
Marc is entertaining is your answer.
So was the wee lassy who called Charley (I think?) that N word that black folk use all the time to describe black and white folk alike. It's all about context...that lassy,(sorry but her name escapes me) used it in a manner that would normally be acceptable among 'Street Folk'. Mark used it in an extremely derogatory and vicous manner. There was no way it could be described as 'banter' PPlus, just like the N word, there's no day in history or the future that mark would ever EVERRRR say that to a travellers face. That's bankable and if ye find some amadan abusing women entertaining, well...you said it and no doubt, many would agree with you on that...It's already caused uproar in Pavee Point, so I'm gonna guess mark will get a welcome home that he wasn't (or maybe...Naahhhhhh, too dumb to realise what he's done) expecting at all at all. And no, I'm not a Pavee/Traveller meself but like all communities, it's got its bad eggs and its got its salt of the earth types. Thanks for your comment

Confucius.

Last edited by iToby; 10-06-2015 at 08:58 AM. Reason: I had to or me maa was goin' t' batter me.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:56 AM #5
0_o

0_o

Emily was only removed (IMO) because her series was right after the race row and c4 shat themselves

Most stupid ejection yet I think, but many disagree.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:57 AM #6
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

I didn't like him at all last night. He only has a go at who he sees is the weakest and this pisses me off. Glad Cristian told him to shut up when he had a go at him. It's not the Mark show. It;s called Big Brother.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:00 AM #7

i agree iToby and actually brought it up here on the forum the day after. But I suppose you can do or say what you want on big brother as long as you are getting people to watch the programme. What that neanderthal said in the diary room was vicious and the use of that word was disgraceful, yet he got away with it.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:02 AM #8
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

You are watching BB not songs of praise and the prods decide who goes, not us.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:16 AM #9

Contestants shouldn't be removed for being offensive. The producers and the public want offensive people. The only real argument here is consistency because of what happened to Emily but there's more to it than what you've described. Her incident happened straight after the race row CBB, which humiliated ch4 and could have ended BB. It's easy to look back it lightly now but it was a major thing at the time. The contestants in Emilys series will have been seriously warned before going in about any issues to do with race or racist language. Basically, her incident was an 'exceptional circumstance' due to the situation at the time so it can't really be used as a precedent for anyone in future BB's who cause offence, and without that comparison, I don't think there is any real reason to remove Marc for his language.
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:20 AM #10
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
........viewers appreciate..........train wrecks..............

in our politically correct word racism will not be tolerated..............being sexist

ok............proving in many ways it can still be a mans world

Mark L
Howaya Mark L.
I'm thinking you missed the point. It's not about his sexist behaviour, theres plenty of that going on in there...Did I hear Nick say that he disliked Harry Amelia on a recent show? ( Fell asleep just after last nights stated, missed the whole lot) after he dropped Jade like a hot snot when Harry arrived. And what's with the half covering his eyes when she gets the funbags out instead of walking out of the room...yeah right Nick..lol, Dannys the same, cooking in the nip(pun intended) is unhygenic...WHAT??? Methinks theres more dirt stuck to the cardigans, t shirts dressing gowns etc waiting to fall into the mung beans than there is on a freshly showered body, but I digress again. My point was about the belittling and abuse of ethnic groups/minorities. OK perhaps in England Travellers are considered vermin and given no quarter, but in Ireland they're recognised as an entity seperate to settled folk and no less worthy of respect...and there are enough Irish people working with Endemol etc on this to know that it is wrong not to take him to task for abusing Pavees. Hoope this has an effect on your viewpoint despite the fact that I slightly suspect you're taking the mick outta me using all the full stops.eh? har har har.

Confucius.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:29 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

..... because he's the producers performing seal and they'll twist the **** out of the series to keep him safe.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:31 AM #12
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by just thinkin View Post
i agree iToby and actually brought it up here on the forum the day after. But I suppose you can do or say what you want on big brother as long as you are getting people to watch the programme. What that neanderthal said in the diary room was vicious and the use of that word was disgraceful, yet he got away with it.
Hiya, I think that's all gonna change as a couple of travellers that drink in my local were outraged enough to contact the Travellers centre in Dublin to see what they can do, and they have the pull in some political and activist circles to ruffle more than a few feathers. Thanks for your response.

Confucius.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:38 AM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by iToby View Post
Hiya, I think that's all gonna change as a couple of travellers that drink in my local were outraged enough to contact the Travellers centre in Dublin to see what they can do, and they have the pull in some political and activist circles to ruffle more than a few feathers. Thanks for your response.
What an absolute load of grade 'A' crap this post is...If a traveller was upset, the last person he would tell would be country folk, secondly Marc is being derogatory against women and that wouldn't raise an eyebrow never mind a complaint and lastly the travelling community don't do covert ops or get involved in political circles, they live their own way and let the country folk do their own thing.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:40 AM #14

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

You left caps lock on..
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:48 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
What an absolute load of grade 'A' crap this post is...If a traveller was upset, the last person he would tell would be country folk, secondly Marc is being derogatory against women and that wouldn't raise an eyebrow never mind a complaint and lastly the travelling community don't do covert ops or get involved in political circles, they live their own way and let the country folk do their own thing.
and that my friend, proves that you know nothing about the traveling community in Ireland - you might treat them like second class citizens in the UK but they are respected here in Ireland - they are very much part of communities here.

Last edited by just thinkin; 10-06-2015 at 09:49 AM.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:51 AM #16
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You are watching BB not songs of praise and the prods decide who goes, not us.
Another missing the point...I watch BB for ALL that comes with it.And when I want to watch Songs Of Praise, I have the missus beat me with a Dutch Hoe. (That's a real gardening tool not, repeat not, the second evictee) I'm going to suppose that it's allowed because between the two islands, knacker has two meanings..ie, in Ireland it primarily means Traveler in a nasty way, but I think you know that, whereas in uk its a painfull place for a man to be kicked...also both islands recognise it as a guy who'll turn your end of usefullness horse into glue and dogmeat. But just as folk of color hate the N word, Folk of the road hate the K word (WTH...K word?) by prods you mean the british public I assume? because there are more catholics and jews working on big brother than protestants, but lets leave that one alone. Agreed? Go raibh mait agut

Confucius.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:03 AM #17
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What the H are you spouting about...Who said anything about a traveller telling 'COUNTRY FOLK' they were upset??? HUH? Send me some of whatever youre on. I said the guys were miffed at what was said and reported it to THEIR REPRESENTATIVE GROUP IN DUBLIN to paraphrase. Does this make it any easier for absorbtion? Y'all google yourself 'PAVEE POINT and you might allow yourself an education. As for the thread, as an Irishman who publically burned his british passport, the language used by this misogynistic cretin is VALID. If you dont like it, skip it like I doif I find a thread 'Grade A Crap. Go raibh maith agut.

Confucius.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:10 AM #18
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by just thinkin View Post
and that my friend, proves that you know nothing about the traveling community in Ireland - you might treat them like second class citizens in the UK but they are respected here in Ireland - they are very much part of communities here.
Waits for another Irish FM to confirm this.... preferably not in all capitals.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:18 AM #19
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I didnt read your full post afore I responded ...are you serious? Travellers dont do covert ops??? I dont recall saying that they do, tho I would disagree with you on that anyway.The bad eggs amongst them are experts at covert activity. . Do you think they're a 'Turn the other cheek' kind of people? As to their political activism, I'll invite you once again to google Pavee Point and let that be just the start..

To Mr Wong...I'm inclined to fully agree with ye. I reckon you've hit this nail on the head dead centre.

Confucius.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:22 AM #20
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Whatever google answers people come up with, the fact of the matter is by and large in Ireland Knacker is a derogatory word for a Traveller, yes it's also used to describe someone you think is scummy or smelly or whatever but that comes from saying they're as bad as a knacker. It is a slur on a minority group in Ireland. Having said that I also think Harry has been xenophobic towards Marc with her Irish **** comments and mocking his accent. Both horrible bastards imo

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:25 AM #21
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ View Post
You left caps lock on..
Will you switch it off when you get back please? Ta.

Confucius.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:29 AM #22
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):
Upstanding Member. >_<

Favourites (more):

Haven't seen any of what ye described there Niamh, musta been one of the shows I missed. Or maybe you have the live feed??? >Jealous<

Confucius.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:30 AM #23
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Haven't seen any of what ye described there Niamh, musta been one of the shows I missed. Or maybe you have the live feed??? >Jealous<
There was a video posted yesterday, there's a thread on here about it.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:32 AM #24
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I didnt read your full post afore I responded ...are you serious? Travellers dont do covert ops??? I dont recall saying that they do, tho I would disagree with you on that anyway.The bad eggs amongst them are experts at covert activity. . Do you think they're a 'Turn the other cheek' kind of people? As to their political activism, I'll invite you once again to google Pavee Point and let that be just the start..

To Mr Wong...I'm inclined to fully agree with ye. I reckon you've hit this nail on the head dead centre.
Before you shoot yourself in the foot again, look on the map of Ireland, trace down 22 miles south of Belfast and you will see a little village called Killyleagh just 4 miles north of Downpatrick and just 10 miles below Comber. That's where I am from and believe me, I know travellers very very well.

Secondly burning your british passport was pretty dumb as far as I am concerned as we Ulstermen are not british, we are part of the UK not GB. I am a very proud member of the Lodge of Orangemen but I have friends south of the border and have absolutely no affiliation to any subversive group, its a way of life for us but we don't carry that life through to everyday life and we certainly don't think our catholic brothers are any less human than we are. Your views seem to be stuck in a time warp and you really need to catch up mate. Live and let live and stop trying to bring politics in here and if you are not a traveller, you don't reserve the right to speak for them.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:58 AM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Whatever google answers people come up with, the fact of the matter is by and large in Ireland Knacker is a derogatory word for a Traveller, yes it's also used to describe someone you think is scummy or smelly or whatever but that comes from saying they're as bad as a knacker. It is a slur on a minority group in Ireland. Having said that I also think Harry has been xenophobic towards Marc with her Irish **** comments and mocking his accent. Both horrible bastards imo
I think the point isn't whether or not his language is offensive, it obviously is as people are offended by it, the question is, should he be removed for it, and I just think that if you remove a hm everytime someone uses an offensive word then you will end up watching a house full of people afraid to speak, and you won't really get to know the people you're watching because they will be self-censoring, is that what anyone wants? We might be offended by what someone says, but that doesn't take away their right to say it.
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
derogatory, etected, house, language, mark