Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2015 [S12] Series 12 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Simon, Rita Ora, Cheryl and Nick Grimshaw ran from August to December 2015 and was won by Louisa Johnson.

Old 16-06-2015, 01:19 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Anyone who doesn't find this entertaining (i.e. the best judges vote in X Factor history and one of the best moments of the whole show ever) shouldn't be allowed to own a TV:

That wasn't entertaining, it was wrong.
Old 16-06-2015, 01:23 PM #27
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

If only Rylan was eliminated first he would never be asked to do BB and wouldn't be BOTS host

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Last edited by Denver; 16-06-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 01:26 PM #28
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Good on them for trying something new.

I'd have replaced Cheryl with a proper person though, Janet Jackson is touring again get ha to do it
Old 16-06-2015, 01:36 PM #29
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Carolynne was a bore and I was no raving fan of Rylan's but for entertainment purposes that decision needed to be made, and it was one of the best moments in X Factor history. Louis' scared face, Gary walking off, Dermot getting annoyed. Hilarious drama and is exactly what X Factor is all about.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 01:38 PM #30

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

No, The X Factor is about talent, not judge drama.
Old 16-06-2015, 01:45 PM #31
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

rofl anyone that thinks The X Factor is about talent really shouldn't be watching. I've said this for years, it isn't about talent, it's about the judges and it's about causing maximum drama and tension. Why people delude themselves every year into thinking it is a genuine talent competition only to get annoyed when things like that happen is beyond me. It hasn't been a talent show since about series 4/5.

If you want a genuine talent competition, watch The Voice. That show proves why favouring talent over entertainment and drama results in a ****ing boring programme.

I watch X Factor for entertainment because I know full well it's not about talent.
Old 16-06-2015, 01:48 PM #32
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
rofl anyone that thinks The X Factor is about talent really shouldn't be watching. I've said this for years, it isn't about talent, it's about the judges and it's about causing maximum drama and tension. Why people delude themselves every year into thinking it is a genuine talent competition only to get annoyed when things like that happen is beyond me. It hasn't been a talent show since about series 4/5.

If you want a genuine talent competition, watch The Voice. That show proves why favouring talent over entertainment and drama results in a ****ing boring programme.

I watch X Factor for entertainment because I know full well it's not about talent.
This is what I did and I love the Voice so much more

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 01:48 PM #33
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/r...factor-5891922

Oh Rita

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 01:48 PM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

That's purely your opinion, you can't expect everyone to see it like you do and call everyone who doesn't 'deluded' I don't watch it for the bust ups with the judges, or the backstage goss on who fancies who, that's all bull****, it's a talent show, the most talented doesn't always win, so it might be a bit of a popularity contest as well, but for me, the talent is the most important part of the show, so I will carry on watching and I will carry on having my opinion that the judge drama is a load of **** that shouldn't be focused on tyvm.

Last edited by Liam-; 16-06-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 01:49 PM #35

That is definitely the worst panel to date.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 01:50 PM #36
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

I loved Rita on The Voice, but I'm so disappointed in how she's jumped ship after one series.

Nick Grimshaw though
Ross. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 01:50 PM #37
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
This is what I did and I love the Voice so much more
And that's fine, personally I want to be entertained when I watch TV and if I cared about 'talent' I'd watch it too, but I'm not bothered about musical talents when I can discover them myself as opposed to on a TV show. I want drama and entertainment and that's exactly what X Factor provides and has done for a very long time now

I honestly don't understand why every year people seem to believe that the X Factor it still about talent and get annoyed when decisions are made for ratings/press attention, and people fall for it, you're just giving them what they want
Old 16-06-2015, 01:52 PM #38
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan

It's a bit of a let down that they've replaced Mel B with Rita tbh, I really enjoyed Mel on the panel vastly more than I enjoyed Rita on The Voice. However, that isn't as great a dissapointment of having that prat Grimshaw replace Louis on the panel (you know, because it wasn't enough for him to kill Radio 1, now he has to drag X Factor down with him as well). I could handle Olly and Caroline replacing Dermot, but this really is shaping up to be one of the worst series of X Factor ever.

Here for them doing a Series 4 though and bringing Louis back after Grimshaw steps down

Spoiler:

zakman440 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 01:56 PM #39
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And that's fine, personally I want to be entertained when I watch TV and if I cared about 'talent' I'd watch it too, but I'm not bothered about musical talents when I can discover them myself as opposed to on a TV show. I want drama and entertainment and that's exactly what X Factor provides and has done for a very long time now

I honestly don't understand why every year people seem to believe that the X Factor it still about talent and get annoyed when decisions are made for ratings/press attention, and people fall for it, you're just giving them what they want
You say that like anyone who watches the Voice doesn't want to be entertained Jack and tbh I find that comment quite condescending. I do want to be entertained but what the X Factor offers as entertainment I personally don't find entertaining. I do however find listening to proper talent and not manufactured drama from the judges /humiliation of the token crap acts etc entertaining.

If you find the X Factor and that sort of thing entertaining then good for you, enjoy. What is and what isn't entertaining is quite subjective though

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 16-06-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 16-06-2015, 01:57 PM #40
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's purely your opinion, you can't expect everyone to see it like you do and call everyone who doesn't 'deluded' I don't watch it for the bust ups with the judges, or the backstage goss on who fancies who, that's all bull****, it's a talent show, the most talented doesn't always win, so it might be a bit of a popularity contest as well, but for me, the talent is the most important part of the show, so I will carry on watching and I will carry on having my opinion that the judge drama is a load of **** that shouldn't be focused on tyvm.
It isn't an opinion, it's a fact. It's a primetime Saturday and Sunday night television show on the biggest commercial channel in Britain. Everything they do is for the purposes of entertainment, ratings, press attention and controversy. From the Rylan vs Carolynne decision, to the Lucie vs Jedward decision, to putting acts like Rylan, Wagner, Jonny, Jedward through in the first place, to Sharon storming off set during the judges vote, to Louis dragging decisions out to deadlock on purpose, the existence of 'Deadlock' and its dramatic flashy red graphics, even as far back as keeping Chico in and Simon sending one of his own acts home. These kind of things have been going for years and are clearly not the result of a show that favours talent over entertainment.

You can moan however much you want about all of these things being awful, but they're done because it's an entertainment show. You may as well accept it. The people who don't like it like Niamh should watch The Voice, and those who learn to accept it will find that they enjoy the show a whole lot more when they aren't getting annoyed about decisions which can be seen a mile off.
Old 16-06-2015, 01:59 PM #41
nope

nope

Not very pleased with Louis going. Grim has replaced Moyles and now the amazing Louis
Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 01:59 PM #42
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
You say that like anyone who watches the Voice doesn't want to be entertained Jack and tbh I find that comment quite condescending. I do want to be entertained but what the X Factor offers as entertainment I personally don't find entertaining. I do however find listening to proper talent and not manufactured drama from the judges /humiliation of the token crap acts etc entertaining.

If you find the X Factor and that sort of thing entertaining then good for you, enjoy. What is and what isn't entertaining is quite subjective though
I wasn't trying to be condescending so please don't take it like that, I was being serious...if people want a genuine talent competition, they should watch The Voice. It was a compliment. That's what that show provides and that's fine, clearly some people are entertained by watching genuine talent...that was my point. But X Factor does not favour talent over the entertaining and dramatic aspects of the production and getting annoyed at it each and every series isn't going to change anything.

I'm not really interested in a talent competition, I want laughable, messy entertainment, so I watch X Factor. In terms of its credibility over the Voice it's clearly subpar, so I'm actually inadvertently criticising it.

Last edited by Jack_; 16-06-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 16-06-2015, 02:01 PM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It isn't an opinion, it's a fact. It's a primetime Saturday and Sunday night television show on the biggest commercial channel in Britain. Everything they do is for the purposes of entertainment, ratings, press attention and controversy. From the Rylan vs Carolynne decision, to the Lucie vs Jedward decision, to putting acts like Rylan, Wagner, Jonny, Jedward through in the first place, to Sharon storming off set during the judges vote, to Louis dragging decisions out to deadlock on purpose, the existence of 'Deadlock' and its dramatic flashy red graphics, even as far back as keeping Chico in and Simon sending one of his own acts home. These kind of things have been going for years and are clearly not the result of a show that favours talent over entertainment.

You can moan however much you want about all of these things being awful, but they're done because it's an entertainment show. You may as well accept it. The people who don't like it like Niamh should watch The Voice, and those who learn to accept it will find that they enjoy the show a whole lot more when they aren't getting annoyed about decisions which can be seen a mile off.

Again no, you're telling me it's entertainment and everyone who watches it should deal with it, I don't find that entertaining in the slightest, but I'm still going to watch it, because I like the concept of the show and the show itself, I shouldn't be told to watch something else, because I'm not entertained by the judges egos and their own self importance.

I actually quite enjoy The Voice, again, for the talent, like i enjoy the X Factor and I don't enjoy being dictated to about what i should accept or not.

Last edited by Liam-; 16-06-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 02:02 PM #44
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I wasn't trying to be condescending so please don't take it like that, I was being serious...if people want a genuine talent competition, they should watch The Voice. It was a compliment. That's what that show provides and that's fine, clearly some people are entertained by watching genuine talent...that was my point. But X Factor does not favour talent over the entertaining and dramatic aspects of the production and getting annoyed at it each and every series isn't going to change anything.
That's fair enough, I can accept that

Quote:
I'm not really interested in a talent competition, I want laughable, messy entertainment, so I watch X Factor. In terms of its credibility over the Voice it's clearly subpar, so I'm actually inadvertently criticising it.
I have Big Brother for laughable, messy entertainment

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 16-06-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 16-06-2015, 02:04 PM #45
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Again no, you're telling me it's entertainment and everyone who watches it should deal with it, I don't find that entertaining in the slightest, but I'm still going to watch it, because I like the concept of the show and the show itself, I shouldn't be told to watch something else, because I'm not entertained by the judges egos and their own self importance.

I actually quite enjoy The Voice, again, for the talent, like i enjoy the X Factor and I don't enjoy being dictated to about what i should accept or not.
Well you can carry on watching it, but decisions like this are going to continue to be made because it's an entertainment show. And when they're made, you're going to continue to get annoyed despite these decisions being seen a mile off. I don't really know why people would want to put themselves through that, but each to their own. The bottom line of this is though is that the X Factor is primarily an entertainment show masqueraded as a talent competition, and The Voice is a genuine talent show which in terms of actual talent is leagues and leagues above The X Factor.
Old 16-06-2015, 02:07 PM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well you can carry on watching it, but decisions like this are going to continue to be made because it's an entertainment show. And when they're made, you're going to continue to get annoyed despite these decisions being seen a mile off. I don't really know why people would want to put themselves through that, but each to their own. The bottom line of this is though is that the X Factor is primarily an entertainment show masqueraded as a talent competition, and The Voice is a genuine talent show which in terms of actual talent is leagues and leagues above The X Factor.
I can't remember me saying anywhere that I got annoyed by these decisions though did I? You're just assuming I do
Old 16-06-2015, 02:10 PM #47
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
I don't watch it for the bust ups with the judges, or the backstage goss on who fancies who, that's all bull****
Quote:
I will carry on having my opinion that the judge drama is a load of ****
Quote:
Again no, you're telling me it's entertainment and everyone who watches it should deal with it, I don't find that entertaining in the slightest
Quote:
I'm not entertained by the judges egos and their own self importance.
Sounds like it annoys you to me. But even if 'annoyed' is the wrong term, clearly you don't like these decisions...so the point I made still stands.
Old 16-06-2015, 02:24 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Yeah, I don't find it entertaining, which you're telling me I should do, but I don't complain about them, I'm not that sad.
Old 16-06-2015, 02:31 PM #49
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:

Yass bang on, x factor isn't all about talent that's why people like andrea and sam baily piss me off with being the overrated bores.

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 02:59 PM #50
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle

I thought that was Miley in the OP