Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:25 AM #1

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne
Thumbs up Italy's Highest Court Slams Amanda Knox Case for "Glaring Errors," "Stunning Weakness

On Monday, Italy’s highest criminal court published a blistering 52-page explanation of their decision to overturn Amanda Knox’s murder conviction in March, faulting police, prosecutors and lower court judges for a trial that “had oscillations which were the result of stunning flaws, or amnesia,” The Guardian reports.

In 2009, Knox and her then-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were convicted of killing Meredith Kercher, her roommate in Perugia, Italy, two years earlier. They would both spend four years in prison before their convictions were overturned in 2011. They were then found guilty a second time in 2014, but that conviction was thrown out by Italy’s Court of Cassation earlier this year.

In its ruling, the court cited the lack of biological traces of either Knox or Sollecito at the crime scene, contrasting that with the “copious” amounts of biological evidence left by a third suspect convicted of the murder, Rudy Guede. From NBC News:

Because no biological evidence from Knox or Sollecito was found at the house in Perugia where Kercher was murdered, the 52-page opinion said, their “participation” in the killing should have been “excluded.”

“There was no shortage of glaring errors in the underlying fabric of the sentence in question,” the court wrote.

The alleged murder weapon, a kitchen knife found at Sollecito’s house, was kept in a cardboard box—“the kind that gadgets are wrapped up in for Christmas”—and a bra clasp said to have carried DNA evidence was left on the floor for 46 days.

“The international spotlight on the case in fact resulted in the investigation undergoing a sudden acceleration, that, in the frantic search for one or more guilty parties to consign to international public opinion, certainly didn’t help the search for substantial truth,” wrote the judges, according to The Guardian.

In a statement on her website, Knox thanked “the many individuals who gave their time and talents to help me” during her nearly eight-year struggle.

“I am deeply grateful that the Italian Supreme Court has filed its opinion and forcefully declared my innocence,” wrote Knox. “I will now begin the rest of my life with one of my goals being to help others who have been wrongfully accused.”

http://gawker.com/top-italian-court-...ium=socialflow
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:59 PM #2
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

A first year law student could have walked this case. The Italians ****ed up monumentally, Knox should be in prison for the rest of her life, along with Sollecito.

No comment there from the dead girl's family, I see. Shameful.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:19 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
A first year law student could have walked this case. The Italians ****ed up monumentally, Knox should be in prison for the rest of her life, along with Sollecito.

remind me again, name 1 shred of evidence that she was involved? and no, being tortured by police until she agreed with them that the bartender guy did it doesn't count as evidence. and no, kissing her boyfriend isn't evidence either.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:18 AM #4
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
remind me again, name 1 shred of evidence that she was involved? and no, being tortured by police until she agreed with them that the bartender guy did it doesn't count as evidence. and no, kissing her boyfriend isn't evidence either.
Oh Alex... this is too long and tedious to go into again. I read the files, things didn't add up. The Italians bungled it. When she was cartwheeling around the police station she didn't look too stressed, like she'd been tortured. Anyway, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I hope some of the sympathy given to Knox is also going to be given to the family of the dead girl.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:21 AM #5

Quote:
Oh Alex... this is too long and tedious to go into again. I read the files, things didn't add up. The Italians bungled it. When she was cartwheeling around the police station she didn't look too stressed, like she'd been tortured. Anyway, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I hope some of the sympathy given to Knox is also going to be given to the family of the dead girl.
lol. "things didn't add up" is the best you could do? I was expecting to hear some definitive evidence that there is no doubt at all that Amanda Knox was some satanic witch that orchestrated a ritual killing of her roommate. that is after all what the prosecution (and meredith's trashy family) believed...

The only witch in this case was a fictional one that existed in the imaginations of a desperate family(the kerchers) and a desperate prosecution.

ZERO Evidence links Amanda to this crime.

The Kertchers and the Italian Justice system turned one horrible tragedy into 3 horrible tragedies, by making Amanda Knox and Rafaelle into young innocent victims too.

I respect Amanda and her family very much for not going after the Kertchers and the British press for compensation after the utter bull**** they have had to endure.

The Kertchers are a DISGRACE, no wonder their daughter wanted to get away from them and study in another country.

Last edited by lostalex; 09-09-2015 at 09:24 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:25 AM #6
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
lol. "things didn't add up" is the best you could do? I was expecting to hear some definitive evidence that there is no doubt at all that Amanda Knox was some satanic witch that orchestrated a ritual killing of her roommate. that is after all what the prosecution (and meredith's trashy family) believed...

The only witch in this case was a fictional one that existed in the imaginations of a desperate family(the kerchers) and a desperate prosecution.

The Kertchers and the Italian Justice system turned one horrible tragedy into 3 horrible tragedies, by making Amanda Knox and Rafaelle into young innocent victims too.
I'#m not going all through it, Alex... One thing I will say is the first thing that make me think, hang on... there's something wrong here... was that the window that they said the intruder entered by was inaccessible to all but a parkour expert. And the glass was broken from the inside. Suddenly the whole story started to look suspect.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:26 AM #7
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Italian courts made such a mess out of this case.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:28 AM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I respect Amanda and her family very much for not going after the Kertchers and the British press for compensation after the utter bull**** they have had to endure.

The Kertchers are a DISGRACE, no wonder their daughter wanted to get away from them and study in another country.
wow that's so out of order. These are the people who have suffered most of all in this. Losing a child like that

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:30 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
wow that's so out of order. These are the people who have suffered most of all in this. Losing a child like that
no, they haven't suffered, they have thrown all of their suffering onto innocent people to avoid suffering. they have turned 1 tragedy into 3 tragedys. Meredith if she exists in any realm must be so ashamed of them.

They turned their grief into a media circus, and turned their grief into an ASSAULT on other innocent young people.

shame on them.

The man that killed meredith is in jail, meredith has justice.

but where is the justice for Amanda Knox and Rafaelle who lost many years of their lives because of the hysteria and witch hunt partially caused by the kertchers?? where is the justice for them??

Last edited by lostalex; 09-09-2015 at 09:32 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:34 AM #10
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
no, they haven't suffered, they have thrown all of their suffering onto innocent people to avoid suffering. they have turned 1 tragedy into 3 tragedys. Meredith if she exists in any realm must be so ashamed of them.

They turned their grief into a media circus, and turned their grief into an ASSAULT on other innocent young people.

shame on them.
I'm sure all any parent would want in that situation would be to find the actual killer.

The way you're speaking about a family who lost their child in such a terrible way is actually sickening Alex, you should be ashamed of yourself

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:51 AM #11

Quote:

shame on them.

but where is the justice for Amanda Knox and Rafaelle who lost many years of their lives because of the hysteria and witch hunt partially caused by the kertchers?? where is the justice for them??
There is a very long thread on here concerning this case, which has very long, comprehensive posts on it - some from myself - and you seemed to have ignored ALL the extensive evidence against the abhorrent Amanda Knox and her boyfriend Raphael, because if you had not, then you would not be posting so angrily on here asking "Where is all the evidence against 'Amanda'?",

She is a despicable person who has 'gotten away with murder' but you Lionise her and desecrate the memory of a poor innocent girl like Meredith and post vitriolic comments about her and her poor grief-stricken family.

Real shame on you for your toxicity here Alex - real shame.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:52 AM #12

Quote:
I'm sure all any parent would want in that situation would be to find the actual killer.

The way you're speaking about a family who lost their child in such a terrible way is actually sickening Alex, you should be ashamed of yourself
Well spoken Niamh. It is unforgivable.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:27 AM #13
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

The Kerchers comment is a step too far for me. Disgraceful. End of my involvement in this thread.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:36 AM #14
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Quote:

shame on them.

Are you actually taking the ****ing piss? This all happened while I was away in Portugal studying on Erasmus. My friend (who I met there and was on Erasmus too) was friends with Meredith (they were in the same class) and the whole thing was just horrible. She went through hell so I can only imagine the Kerchers have gone through even more hell with the whole thing, never really knowing what the **** happened to their daughter that night and having the whole thing dragged out for so long and in the public eye. They never asked for their daughter to be murdered you insensitive...

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 09-09-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:38 AM #15

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmein View Post
On Monday, Italy’s highest criminal court published a blistering 52-page explanation of their decision to overturn Amanda Knox’s murder conviction in March, faulting police, prosecutors and lower court judges for a trial that “had oscillations which were the result of stunning flaws, or amnesia,” The Guardian reports.

In 2009, Knox and her then-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were convicted of killing Meredith Kercher, her roommate in Perugia, Italy, two years earlier. They would both spend four years in prison before their convictions were overturned in 2011. They were then found guilty a second time in 2014, but that conviction was thrown out by Italy’s Court of Cassation earlier this year.

In its ruling, the court cited the lack of biological traces of either Knox or Sollecito at the crime scene, contrasting that with the “copious” amounts of biological evidence left by a third suspect convicted of the murder, Rudy Guede. From NBC News:

Because no biological evidence from Knox or Sollecito was found at the house in Perugia where Kercher was murdered, the 52-page opinion said, their “participation” in the killing should have been “excluded.”

“There was no shortage of glaring errors in the underlying fabric of the sentence in question,” the court wrote.

The alleged murder weapon, a kitchen knife found at Sollecito’s house, was kept in a cardboard box—“the kind that gadgets are wrapped up in for Christmas”—and a bra clasp said to have carried DNA evidence was left on the floor for 46 days.

“The international spotlight on the case in fact resulted in the investigation undergoing a sudden acceleration, that, in the frantic search for one or more guilty parties to consign to international public opinion, certainly didn’t help the search for substantial truth,” wrote the judges, according to The Guardian.

In a statement on her website, Knox thanked “the many individuals who gave their time and talents to help me” during her nearly eight-year struggle.

“I am deeply grateful that the Italian Supreme Court has filed its opinion and forcefully declared my innocence,” wrote Knox. “I will now begin the rest of my life with one of my goals being to help others who have been wrongfully accused.”

http://gawker.com/top-italian-court-...ium=socialflow
I have made my views on this case well known over the last few years. It is nothing short of disgraceful that this young women was convicted of murder on such obviously flaw and flimsy circumstantial evidence.

I hope the Italian authorities seek and prosecute the people who were responsible for this debacle.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:39 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Are we actually talking about the same case ??
Old 09-09-2015, 11:40 AM #17
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Are we actually talking about the same case ??
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one N. As I recall we have no common ground.

Nice to see you... you've not been here in a while.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:43 AM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
There is a very long thread on here concerning this case, which has very long, comprehensive posts on it - some from myself - and you seemed to have ignored ALL the extensive evidence against the abhorrent Amanda Knox and her boyfriend Raphael, because if you had not, then you would not be posting so angrily on here asking "Where is all the evidence against 'Amanda'?",

She is a despicable person who has 'gotten away with murder' but you Lionise her and desecrate the memory of a poor innocent girl like Meredith and post vitriolic comments about her and her poor grief-stricken family.

Real shame on you for your toxicity here Alex - real shame.
Sorry Kirk, But I think we are going to have to agree to differ on this story.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:49 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one N. As I recall we have no common ground.

Nice to see you... you've not been here in a while.
Yes, haven't posted for a while, been too busy with work.

This story I agree has elements which could point to Knox being complicit but overall I don't think there was ever enough hard evidence forensic or otherwise to prove her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

so to try her in the court of public opinion and cast her as an evil devil worshipping arrogant uncaring bitch just to secure a conviction is absolutely shameful.

I guess only she knows what really happened that night.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:17 PM #20

Quote:
Sorry Kirk, But I think we are going to have to agree to differ on this story.
No problem Nedusa. You KNOW I always respect your views - even when we don't agree, which is not very often.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:31 PM #21
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

On a purely admin note, this thread ought to be merged with the existing thread

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:38 PM #22
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes, haven't posted for a while, been too busy with work.

This story I agree has elements which could point to Knox being complicit but overall I don't think there was ever enough hard evidence forensic or otherwise to prove her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

so to try her in the court of public opinion and cast her as an evil devil worshipping arrogant uncaring bitch just to secure a conviction is absolutely shameful.

I guess only she knows what really happened that night.
I think we will never know for sure, but i must admit, Knox scares the hell out of me. She has dead eyes.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:46 PM #23
Banned

Banned

Alex, let's be real, if Amanda Knox wasn't American you'd be agreeing with Livia in this topic.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:48 PM #24
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

In relation to the topic, this article gives pause for thought on her behaviour, as it suggests Amanda may have undiagnosed Asperger Syndrome (Although Americans no longer have Asperger Syndrome under DMV5, but that's another issue)

The manifestation of this form of autism is different in females than it is in males, who tend to be diagnosed more than females.

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:10 AM #25

Quote:

They already found the killer. his name is Rudy Guede and he's already in jail. But that wasn't enough for the Kertchers. they wanted more flesh they wanted to hurt innocent people in their rage.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
errors, stunning, weakness