Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2015, 07:32 AM #26
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire View Post
the problem with the left wing is that, they think that violence and intimidation will make them the winners of the election,
Both sides can be quite guilty of that tbf, not just the left.

And shouldn't the Forum put in place as the rules that you can call a Political Party anything that you like, but just don't tag it to other Forum Members?

KRO!
Old 21-09-2015, 07:38 AM #27

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Both sides can be quite guilty of that tbf, not just the left.

And shouldn't the Forum put in place as the rules that you can call a Political Party anything that you like, but just don't tag it to other Forum Members?
I would've said that would be correct.
To be able to say(type) 'looney left' or 'racist right' as long as you don't call another FM these things.
Old 21-09-2015, 07:39 AM #28
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I'm not going to comment on any of the OP or previous posts/comments etc because I don't want to inflame anything that has already been closed/cleaned etc which it obviously has....

..but what you're saying really is a completely un moderated site more or less then...for basically TiBB not to be TiBB at all or anything remotely resembling TiBB...and the sort of site..(when newspaper stories are discussed etc...)..of these 'say anything sites'...that we're all saying they're just awful because of bullying, trolling by some quite sinister people etc and in the extreme, some on them having taken their own lives because of the sites they are and what has been allowed through lack of moderation...because you and I both know that these things to the extent you seem to want , will not stay within a specific thread, I mean let's be honest, they don't anyway....
Unless TiBB membership was to suddenly surge by thousands, that wouldn't happen. Low / no moderation ONLY works on smaller communities like this one, but it can and does work. I'm talking more "no limits" than "no rulez", genuine bullying is pretty easy to spot.

But scrubbing every thread because things are said that some people might get a bit offended about... Well... Like I said. You can delete thy err words on screen but you can't delete the opinion that's in their head. I personally would rather know what a person actually thinks than have them self-centered or be censored by others. How can you form a legitimate opinion of someone otherwise? You might think they're awesome, only to find out that they've been holding back on some really, truly nasty opinions...
Old 21-09-2015, 07:41 AM #29
-

-

I'll add though that this is obviously personal preference. I've been a member of some great forums that worked this way... People REALLY get to know each other and develop mutual respect... But at the end of the day I am aware that the busiest sections of this forum are about reality TV and cat videos so I get that it has to be kept PG-13
Old 21-09-2015, 07:50 AM #30
You know my methods

You know my methods

well lets hope anyone who supports UKIP does not get branded racist even though NONE of their policies are racist

Old 21-09-2015, 07:55 AM #31
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Unless TiBB membership was to suddenly surge by thousands, that wouldn't happen. Low / no moderation ONLY works on smaller communities like this one, but it can and does work. I'm talking more "no limits" than "no rulez", genuine bullying is pretty easy to spot.

But scrubbing every thread because things are said that some people might get a bit offended about... Well... Like I said. You can delete thy err words on screen but you can't delete the opinion that's in their head. I personally would rather know what a person actually thinks than have them self-centered or be censored by others. How can you form a legitimate opinion of someone otherwise? You might think they're awesome, only to find out that they've been holding back on some really, truly nasty opinions...
..I can't agree TS, numbers on the forum don't have a bearing in that it's more what you would like to see personally would attract to the forum a negative quality...'build and they will come'...that might be a movie quote but I think it's very true in life as well...you build negativity, and that's what it will attract and negativity breeds much more quickly that positivity, we both know that as well..and as it grows in numbers, the positivity leaves, becomes less balanced until there is none left and a total imbalance...and all you have....and I don't agree about the 'genuine bullying' either and it being easy to spot...bullying that is spotted as you say is in a way the easy bullying because it can be addressed..I don't mean easy as in it's potential damage to a person but it has been spotted so can be addressed...the 'genuine bullying' and only using that term, is the bullying that does take lives/lead to some taking their lives and that's because in so may cases it hasn't been spotted and 'actioned' ...and there are some very young people on this forum who have to be considered...those young people are also what makes TiBB hat it is and have a 'family' feel in general despite some personal agendas....

..with your last bit...that's the whole point TS, why do you need opinions on members..isn't it all about discussing topics with a wide variety of opinions and perspectives, so there is no relevance on opinions of members other than their opinions etc may not be something that you're interested in discussing with them in particular...I mean, what you're saying is that judging people is important to you in discussing something...and they're not people who are part of your own life/your 'real' life in anyway where you may thing....oh, I just can't connect to that person at all on any level so they won't be part of my life in any deep way etc...
Old 21-09-2015, 07:56 AM #32
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I'll add though that this is obviously personal preference. I've been a member of some great forums that worked this way... People REALLY get to know each other and develop mutual respect... But at the end of the day I am aware that the busiest sections of this forum are about reality TV and cat videos so I get that it has to be kept PG-13
..mutual respect takes time often when opinions oppose and sadly, so often the judgements are made very quickly and then forever fixed....
Old 21-09-2015, 07:57 AM #33
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
well lets hope anyone who supports UKIP does not get branded racist even though NONE of their policies are racist

..no, well think of something far worse for Ukippers.....
Old 21-09-2015, 07:58 AM #34

Quote:
..I can't agree TS, numbers on the forum don't have a bearing in that it's more what you would like to see personally would attract to the forum a negative quality...'build and they will come'...that might be a movie quote but I think it's very true in life as well...you build negativity, and that's what it will attract and negativity breeds much more quickly that positivity, we both know that as well..and as it grows in numbers, the positivity leaves, becomes less balanced until there is none left and a total imbalance...and all you have....and I don't agree about the 'genuine bullying' either and it being easy to spot...bullying that is spotted as you say is in a way the easy bullying because it can be addressed..I don't mean easy as in it's potential damage to a person but it has been spotted so can be addressed...the 'genuine bullying' and only using that term, is the bullying that does take lives/lead to some taking their lives and that's because in so may cases it hasn't been spotted and 'actioned' ...and there are some very young people on this forum who have to be considered...those young people are also what makes TiBB hat it is and have a 'family' feel in general despite some personal agendas....

..with your last bit...that's the whole point TS, why do you need opinions on members..isn't it all about discussing topics with a wide variety of opinions and perspectives, so there is no relevance on opinions of members other than their opinions etc may not be something that you're interested in discussing with them in particular...I mean, what you're saying is that judging people is important to you in discussing something...and they're not people who are part of your own life/your 'real' life in anyway where you may thing....oh, I just can't connect to that person at all on any level so they won't be part of my life in any deep way etc...
Old 21-09-2015, 07:59 AM #35
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

this particular thread was only cleaned up to remove some off topic side chat. So, it wasn't anything that added to this particular topic
Old 21-09-2015, 08:03 AM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

It doesn't necessarily have to be racism, but the party did remove a youth member just because he believed in gay marriage, is that correct?

Obviously that has no bare on the voters necessarily, but it does on Farage and the rest of the party.

KRO!
Old 21-09-2015, 08:14 AM #37
-

-

Quote:
..mutual respect takes time often when opinions oppose and sadly, so often the judgements are made very quickly and then forever fixed....
Yes... When people clash and then the conversation is stopped / deleted before anything is resolved, resulting in a lasting frustration / resentment.

I also think that getting to know members is a vital part of debating on a chat forum (this is a small chat forum,, not a hard debate forum) but I did point out that it's personal preference and also that I understand the need for pg-13 when kids might wander in.
Old 21-09-2015, 08:15 AM #38
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
It doesn't necessarily have to be racism, but the party did remove a youth member just because he believed in gay marriage, is that correct?

Obviously that has no bare on the voters necessarily, but it does on Farage and the rest of the party.
I have never heard of that so if there is a link?

Every party since time began has paedos, criminals, etc as they reflect society broadly. You have to judge them on their policies and not by the odd crazy member.
Old 21-09-2015, 08:16 AM #39
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Sort of surprised that you agree with the wing clipping, kirk... Your own posts and threads have been one of the biggest victims
Old 21-09-2015, 08:23 AM #40
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Sort of surprised that you agree with the wing clipping, kirk... Your own posts and threads have been one of the biggest victims
..this is the thing though/a big part of it...THIS IS THE THING EXACTLY.....tit for tat and tat for tit ..(if I recall furry cuddly hamster/lions and tiger threads that have been closed as well..)...whatever this forum needs and whatever it's flaws or WHATEVER...what it needs most is a very, very heaped and overflowing spoonful od self awareness because that's exactly it and these comments that escalates and moves it so far from topic that really..?...who can be bothered, life is too short etc ..and so SD section becomes less and less appealing to anyone who wants any sense of balance and enjoyment out of the forum as well...anyways, I'm off to start my day so I'll leave you all to tit and tat and dance together....

..I'll have you know though that Josy is in tears right now, you trying to cut her hours and all and no consideration but a me, me, me attitude so pfffttt../unemployment figures...
Old 21-09-2015, 08:28 AM #41

Quote:
..this is the thing though/a big part of it...THIS IS THE THING EXACTLY.....tit for tat and tat for tit ..(if I recall furry cuddly hamster/lions and tiger threads that have been closed as well..)...whatever this forum needs and whatever it's flaws or WHATEVER...what it needs most is a very, very heaped and overflowing spoonful od self awareness because that's exactly it and these comments that escalates and moves it so far from topic that really..?...who can be bothered, life is too short etc ..and so SD section becomes less and less appealing to anyone who wants any sense of balance and enjoyment out of the forum as well...anyways, I'm off to start my day so I'll leave you all to tit and tat and dance together....

..I'll have you know though that Josy is in tears right now, you trying to cut her hours and all and no consideration but a me, me, me attitude so pfffttt../unemployment figures...
But I have not actually posted Ammi, so it can't be 'Tit For Tat'. It's just T.S being nasty again.
Old 21-09-2015, 08:30 AM #42
-

-

Maybe it's the assumption that we're getting at each other when we're not Ammi! "Stuff getting removed being really annoying" is one of the few topics where me and Kirk usually agree.

I say something really especially mean about the old bugger, cutting to the bone, I rub my hands together gleefully, go to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee... Come back and the whole thread is gone! Before it ever had a chance to be read. It's not just frustrating it's a tragedy...
Old 21-09-2015, 08:31 AM #43
-

-

Quote:
I have never heard of that so if there is a link?

Every party since time began has paedos, criminals, etc as they reflect society broadly. You have to judge them on their policies and not by the odd crazy member.
But UKIP has LOADS of odd crazy members.
Old 21-09-2015, 08:48 AM #44
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..actually I just logged back on....TS, what I mean in self-awareness..(and I feel that you and I do have mutual respect/whatever our topic opinions..)..is that what you want is to be able to say etc for us all to...and yet when members who don't usually post so much in SD section/younger members ..do venture over and post about something they may have an interest in...you not only tell them that it's not important in the grand scheme etc..what they're passionate about...but you ridicule, mock etc how they express themselves and really let them know that they have no place in SD as you see it...so want the 'freedom of speech' as you want it and less restrictive...but have very little tolerance for others...what they post/what they post about etc...
Old 21-09-2015, 10:13 AM #45
User banned

User banned

the lefties took away freedom of speech. except for anyone who bashes white Christian men
Old 21-09-2015, 10:28 AM #46
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
..actually I just logged back on....TS, what I mean in self-awareness..(and I feel that you and I do have mutual respect/whatever our topic opinions..)..is that what you want is to be able to say etc for us all to...and yet when members who don't usually post so much in SD section/younger members ..do venture over and post about something they may have an interest in...you not only tell them that it's not important in the grand scheme etc..what they're passionate about...but you ridicule, mock etc how they express themselves and really let them know that they have no place in SD as you see it...so want the 'freedom of speech' as you want it and less restrictive...but have very little tolerance for others...what they post/what they post about etc...
I don't feel TS mocks younger members over how they express themselves, he can express himself on all levels and does regularly I do see mocking and ridicule usually of say JoshBB and it really grinds my gears * family guy reference #downwitthekids * I'm being very honest when I say personally I'm really happy when I see younger members in SD, not so much when it's clearly as a way to blow smoke up another member for just being a forum qween or whatever mind.
Younger members are great, those who start or bleat about SD by making threads to mock or ridicule or trolling topics for the lols not so much... maybe they need a lesson in tolerance?
What mock suggested was succinct and brilliantly put tbh...
'And shouldn't the Forum put in place as the rules that you can call a Political Party anything that you like, but just don't tag it to other Forum Members?'
I 100% agree with that too.
Old 21-09-2015, 10:33 AM #47
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Great. So I will never expect to see supporters of the Conservatives and UKIP called racists, Nazis, fascists, sheep or any other of the various insulting names I've seen people called on this forum. This is good news indeed.
Old 21-09-2015, 10:42 AM #48
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

No members have been insulted in that way and it not been seen as a rule break and the member guilty infracted have they? What has been attacked is right wing ideology and press bias... nothing to do with any individual fm.
Unlike the constant stream of accusations that members are lunatics :/
Old 21-09-2015, 10:45 AM #49
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Closing this, nothing good is going to come of this thread

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
based, call, loonys, people, persuasion, political, racists