Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:44 PM #26
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

That's why I put "died of natural causes" in inverted commas.

He has family here. Of course. Even though he's a Saudi national... but of course, he wouldn't get the kind of free legal he'll get here.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:54 PM #27
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
That's why I put "died of natural causes" in inverted commas.

He has family here. Of course. Even though he's a Saudi national... but of course, he wouldn't get the kind of free legal he'll get here.
Ah I thought you meant in a mafia 'he had an accident' way... silly me.

He is entitled to whatever assistance he gets being an injured innocent party.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:58 PM #28
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Ah I thought you meant in a mafia 'he had an accident' way... silly me.

He is entitled to whatever assistance he gets being an injured innocent party.
That will be a great comfort to all the low-paid British nationals who can't get Legal Aid because their cases aren't high-profile enough.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:26 PM #29
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

We have as a nation a great sense of fair play, this guy has been wronged and being British I am proud to say good for him that he is being treated fairly at last.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:33 PM #30

Quote:
If they were worried about that, I suspect he would have "died of natural causes" long before being released.

He's a British resident but a Saudi national. I wonder why he isn't leading his compensation claim from Saudi Arabia, as he has such a case against the British? Could it be because there are people incarcerated in Saudi, without trial, for longer than he's been at Guantanamo? Why, if he is so against the British government, has he chosen to return here?

Very valid points Liv. Perhaps someone may pose the same questions at some Official Enquiry.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:51 PM #31
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Kirk, A good friend of mine works for the security services and although he cannot comment on specific cases he has left me in no doubt that this man was only held because he was deemed as such a high terrorist risk.

Make no mistake this man was and probably still is a nasty piece of work. someone who was invloved in terrorism against the west and although no single damming individual piece of evidence can prove his guilt in a court of law, believe me when I say that the security services here and in the US are in NO doubt whatsoever as to this evil piece of slime's true intents.

Pity he never got a bullet in his head back before he was first captured.

Honestly....some of the comments left on here are from people who have their head's well and truly stuck in the sand. These people will kill you, your family and your friends in a heartbeat, they care nothing for you or your way of life. To them you are the enemy, an enemy they are obliged to revert or kill.

They will not stop until there is a Mosque in every square...

We are sleepwalking into a potential catastrophe.
Oh piss off. Muslims don't want to overtake us, stop being ridiculous. He hasn't been charged with a crime, and I believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty. That is a fundamental part of our judicial system.

You cannot just call this man a terrorist because you feel like it, he has not been to court and has never been charged for committing anything of the sort. This whole 'gun in the head straight away' bs.. let's just hope you're never accused of terrorism, otherwise you'd have no chance to prove your innocence!

Not to mention the dangerous link you are making here. The comment bolded definitely portrays mosques in a bad light, which is totally unfair to the huge majority of muslims in the UK who worship peacefully and would never hurt a fly. There are bad eggs just like there are extreme christians, jewish people, hindus.. whatever.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:38 PM #32

The SELF-PROCLAIMED, WELL DOCUMENTED agenda of EVERY Muslim extremist is the complete conquering of every non-Islamic country in the world to Islamify them, in addition to the total control of every Muslim country so that they can establish their own extreme fundamentalist form of Islam - Reclaiming the world for Allah.

And NO - they will NOT stop beheading, bombing, and slaughtering until that goal is achieved, so Nedusa is correct. Anyone who disagrees with her needs some history lessons - urgently.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:43 PM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
The SELF-PROCLAIMED, WELL DOCUMENTED agenda of EVERY Muslim extremist is the complete conquering of every non-Islamic country in the world to Islamify them, in addition to the total control of every Muslim country so that they can establish their own extreme fundamentalist form of Islam - Reclaiming the world for Allah.

And NO - they will NOT stop beheading, bombing, and slaughtering until that goal is achieved, so Nedusa is correct. Anyone who disagrees with her needs some history lessons - urgently.
How does this relate to the man in discussion?
Old 03-11-2015, 03:13 AM #34

who was flying to afghanistan right after 9/11 at the beginning of the war. sorry, i don't buy his story that he was there to just do "humanitarian work"... i think he was definitely going there for jihad.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:00 PM #35

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
'My dad works for Nintendo'
Glad to hear it...........but be warned this is NOT a game.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:01 PM #36
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
who was flying to afghanistan right after 9/11 at the beginning of the war. sorry, i don't buy his story that he was there to just do "humanitarian work"... i think he was definitely going there for jihad.
Yes... if it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck...
Old 03-11-2015, 12:09 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
Oh piss off. Muslims don't want to overtake us, stop being ridiculous. He hasn't been charged with a crime, and I believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty. That is a fundamental part of our judicial system.

You cannot just call this man a terrorist because you feel like it, he has not been to court and has never been charged for committing anything of the sort. This whole 'gun in the head straight away' bs.. let's just hope you're never accused of terrorism, otherwise you'd have no chance to prove your innocence!

Not to mention the dangerous link you are making here. The comment bolded definitely portrays mosques in a bad light, which is totally unfair to the huge majority of muslims in the UK who worship peacefully and would never hurt a fly. There are bad eggs just like there are extreme christians, jewish people, hindus.. whatever.
You clearly know absolutely nothing about Islam, and are living in a dreamworld if you think they will be content to all live side by side and just "get on".

I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists that is ridiculous but their religion is at odds against all NON Muslim religions and they will never, ever integrate into your cosy little world view. They are tasked with trying to spread their evil hate filled toxic "religion" at all costs. and whether they do it through direct force ie terrorism/direct military action or the slow game where they establish themselves in ever increasing numbers through high Birth rates etc... the fact is they are not interested in this Country, it's religion, culture or it's peoples they only want this country as part of a wider global Caliphate.

Why do so many people have trouble in understanding this...
Old 03-11-2015, 12:13 PM #38
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post

Fundamentalist Muslims have made it clear they they will not stop until their flag is flying over the UK Parliament and the White House. Did you miss that report, Josh? Or do you think they weren't in earnest.

The aim of the fundamentalist muslim is to kill every infidel. You cannot equate fundamentalist muslims with any other fundamentalist sect because THEY are the only one's who've vowed to kill us all.

You've got to take the blinkers off. Not all Muslims are terrorists, we know that very clearly. But you cannot underestimate the danger of the fundamentalist muslim.

Incidentally... "piss off"? Is that a suitable rebuff for Serious Debates do you think?

Last edited by Livia; 03-11-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:18 PM #39
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Glad to hear it...........but be warned this is NOT a game.
You .................................................. ................The point.

You could at least be honest with your intent and not make up imaginary 'friends that work with the security services.' Not one person on here believes that you have a friend like that. If it's all so hush hush then why are you betraying your imaginary friend's trust by spilling it online?

You're just lying to try to justify your random inane bile.

Last edited by Tom4784; 03-11-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:22 PM #40
Banned

Banned

The goal of ALL organised religion is to 'conquer', they aren't belief systems, they're control systems. people dreamed up every religion as a way to control the superstitious masses back when Science wasn't a thing.

Last edited by Tom4784; 03-11-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:26 PM #41
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Fundamentalist Muslims have made it clear they they will not stop until their flag is flying over the UK Parliament and the White House. Did you miss that report, Josh? Or do you think they weren't in earnest.

The aim of the fundamentalist muslim is to kill every infidel. You cannot equate fundamentalist muslims with any other fundamentalist sect because THEY are the only one's who've vowed to kill us all.

You've got to take the blinkers off. Not all Muslims are terrorists, we know that very clearly. But you cannot underestimate the danger of the fundamentalist muslim.

Incidentally... "piss off"? Is that a suitable rebuff for Serious Debates do you think?
Nedusa seems to be confusing UK Muslims with ISIS, the line does seem very blurry so I can see why Josh would suggest the post was incendiary.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:06 PM #42

Quote:

Old 03-11-2015, 01:09 PM #43
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
The goal of ALL organised religion is to 'conquer', they aren't belief systems, they're control systems. people dreamed up every religion as a way to control the superstitious masses back when Science wasn't a thing.
Not all religions' aim is to conquer. Judaism isn't a recruiting religion. People can convert if they wish but we have no missionaries and we do not actively recruit.

Quote:
Nedusa seems to be confusing UK Muslims with ISIS, the line does seem very blurry so I can see why Josh would suggest the post was incendiary.
If all UK Muslims were moderate then that'd be fine. The problem is that they aren't, and we can't tell at a glance which few, out of the millions here, are the terrorists. It's not incendiary to say there are terrorist Muslims in the UK because it's true.

Last edited by Livia; 03-11-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:17 PM #44
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

If all UK Muslims were moderate then that'd be fine. The problem is that they aren't, and we can't tell at a glance which few, out of the millions here, are the terrorists. It's not incendiary to say there are terrorist Muslims in the UK because it's true.
To infer that they are a creeping rot hell bent on the destruction of the UK as we know it... is this, is it reminiscent of anything?
I find the foreshadowing taint of Nedusas posts rather distasteful if I'm honest.
And if I had your irrational distrust of people my shop around Bradford wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:24 PM #45
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
To infer that they are a creeping rot hell bent on the destruction of the UK as we know it... is this, is it reminiscent of anything?
I find the foreshadowing taint of Nedusas posts rather distasteful if I'm honest.
And if I had your irrational distrust of people my shop around Bradford wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable.
My "irrational distrust"? I come from east London, I used to shop in Green Street. It's hardly like Muslims are a mystery to me. That doesn't mean that I'm not aware that there are some who do not wish us well.Do you not think there are any terrorist muslims here? Really? Do you think Lee Rigby cut his own head off? Even the Muslim Council of Great Britain doesn't stick its head that far into the sand.

If I had your irrational complacency about the security of our country... well that's just stupid, because I wouldn't.

Last edited by Livia; 03-11-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:29 PM #46
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
My "irrational distrust"? I come from east London, I used to shop in Green Street. It's hardly like Muslims are a mystery to me. That doesn't mean that I'm not aware that there are some who do not wish us well.Do you not think there are any terrorist muslims here? Really? Do you think Lee Rigby cut his own head off? Even the Muslim Council of Great Britain doesn't stick its head that far into the sand.

If I had your irrational complacency about the security of our country... well that's just stupid, because I wouldn't.
In a few short posts we have gotten from a man detained illegally to Lee Rigby... I declare this the new Godwins Law.
Irrational and hysterical in equal measure.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:32 PM #47
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
In a few short posts we have gotten from a man detained illegally to Lee Rigby... I declare this the new Godwins Law.
Irrational and hysterical in equal measure.
"Gotten"? Really...?

The reason it got to Lee Rigby is that YOU intimated that there aren't any Muslims in this country, that we are not at risk... You are not the only person who can take a conversation on a circuitous route to make a point. It's just when anyone else does it, up you come with the ridicule.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:46 PM #48
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
"Gotten"? Really...?

The reason it got to Lee Rigby is that YOU intimated that there aren't any Muslims in this country, that we are not at risk... You are not the only person who can take a conversation on a circuitous route to make a point. It's just when anyone else does it, up you come with the ridicule.
You have an issue with my colloquialism now?

I didn't say there weren't any Muslims in the country, I have an issue with the prejudiced tone of some posts in the thread.
I've made that very clear.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:49 PM #49

This guy was NOT imprisoned for being a suspected MUSLIM, he was detained for being a suspected TERRORIST, and as this thread is about him, then it is quite evident that Nedusa was referring to terrorists and not ordinary moderate Muslims.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:49 PM #50
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
You have an issue with my colloquialism now?

I didn't say there weren't any Muslims in the country, I have an issue with the prejudiced tone of some posts in the thread.
I've made that very clear.
It's not a colloquialism, it's an Americanism.

And I made it clear that I understand that the overwhelming majority of muslims in the UK are not terrorist... but that there are a very small minority who are, or who are linked to terrorist organisations.

Last edited by Livia; 03-11-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
briton, freed, guantanamo, supporters