Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB17 Celebrity Big Brother January 2016 [CBB 17], won by Scotty Timlin, and the housemates here.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:41 AM #1

Default Their hate seemed more vicious than anything Winston said

Maybe I am alone. But like Jeremy I take offence at ACTIONS. Not words.

Words mean nothing really. So Winston doesn't agree gays should adopt kids. That's his view. Meh. Okay. Over and done with.

But the housemates' reaction was bizarre. MASS offence was taken. It was like 'you insulted me even though I am not gay!'

They ganged up on Winston with such venom and hate, sorry I had to laugh. Winston on the other hand conducted himself well.

And may I say HIS was the only CBB/BB eviction interview I have watched from start to finish. And Emma's attitude, just like the housemates, just like the crowd, was as ONE. Venom. You could hear it in her questioning.

What's HER problem? She doesn't agree with Winston, END OF. Move on. Ever heard of free speech, love. It's a free country, if you've forgotten. This isn't Saudi or China.

Why do these people feel the need to try and convince Winston is wrong. He can't be moved, no point.

And let's face it. BB threw Winston to the lions. He wasn't just sitting there and suddenly said 'I think gays are child abusers'. It was BB that brought it up. Something he said, when? Two years ago. In an interview, is then dragged up. And the housemates were like the kids fable, Emperor's New Clothes, they all agreed to hate Winston. And it was Jeremy, the 'boy' who stood up and say no.

And as for Angie, her reaction was way over the top. It looked like she was ready to commit murder. I have to say she is without question several sandwiches short of a picnic.

The hate she showed, she disgusted me more than anyone. Anything Winston SAID. Because it's what she displayed. Hate. Not what she said. Words mean nothing.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:13 AM #2
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Jesus christ. Take offence at both actions and words.
It is possible to insult a straight person to be insulted by homophobic views obviously.
It was not ganging up, it was popular opinion

I cba to read through your other points actually, the first three was ridiculously stupid

Last edited by Withano; 09-01-2016 at 07:14 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:31 AM #3

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post

Words mean nothing really. So Winston doesn't agree gays should adopt kids. That's his view. Meh. Okay. Over and done with.

But the housemates' reaction was bizarre. MASS offence was taken. It was like 'you insulted me even though I am not gay!'

They ganged up on Winston with such venom and hate, sorry I had to laugh. Winston on the other hand conducted himself well.

And may I say HIS was the only CBB/BB eviction interview I have watched from start to finish. And Emma's attitude, just like the housemates, just like the crowd, was as ONE. Venom. You could hear it in her questioning.

What's HER problem? She doesn't agree with Winston, END OF. Move on. Ever heard of free speech, love. It's a free country, if you've forgotten. This isn't Saudi or China.

Why do these people feel the need to try and convince Winston is wrong. He can't be moved, no point.

And let's face it. BB threw Winston to the lions. He wasn't just sitting there and suddenly said 'I think gays are child abusers'. It was BB that brought it up. Something he said, when? Two years ago. In an interview, is then dragged up. And the housemates were like the kids fable, Emperor's New Clothes, they all agreed to hate Winston. And it was Jeremy, the 'boy' who stood up and say no.

And as for Angie, her reaction was way over the top. It looked like she was ready to commit murder. I have to say she is without question several sandwiches short of a picnic.

The hate she showed, she disgusted me more than anyone. Anything Winston SAID. Because it's what she displayed. Hate. Not what she said. Words mean nothing.
Yes it's like one section of society is telling the other what they can say and do ,which in itself is discriminating.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:41 AM #4
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Completely agree Gusto, nothing stupid whatsoever in your points.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:51 AM #5

Quote:

and she never even gave the reason what she said - this is included in my poem I am about to post.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:08 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Jesus christ. Take offence at both actions and words.
It is possible to insult a straight person to be insulted by homophobic views obviously.
It was not ganging up, it was popular opinion

I cba to read through your other points actually, the first three was ridiculously stupid
Well I could say I am 'offended' that you blastpheme to get your point across !!!! what should I do ? show anger or ignore it ? how silly is all this faux outrage ,I believe some people are protesting far too much.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:29 AM #7
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Agree with everything you say Gusto, Emma lost any semblance of professionalism last night and I think she needs to step back and not let her personal feelings cloud her judgement. What happened to its all panto? I fully believe Nancy received the fewest votes so they introduced the most ludicrous twist which was only necessary to manipulate who was evicted. No idea why anyone wastes money voting
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:39 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Yes it's like one section of society is telling the other what they can say and do ,which in itself is discriminating.

Nobodies telling anyone what to say or do.

Winston made an extreme statement, that gay adoption is akin to child abuse. He was asked to explain that view. He couldn't because it's not true.

Last edited by MrWong; 09-01-2016 at 08:39 AM.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:39 AM #9
You know my methods

You know my methods

totally agree

there is nothing worse than a person who feels totally self justified in being hateful and vile as they were last night

it was truly repulsive to watch
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:42 AM #10

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

And yet Jim Davidson won a few years ago and he's everything from racist , sexist and homophobic but yet people liked him even though he's a disgusting pig
He made Brian Dowling cry on hells kitchen and he constantly offends everyone
I can't stand the ukip guy he's nasty but why do the public do selective support for vile idiots
Another example Katie Hopkins and she's a massive cold heartless bitch
That's why I hate big brother and reality shows in general
I can't be bothered with car crash telly but I had to comment on the retarded double standards
How can people love Jim Davidson & Katie Hopkins but hate ukip guy when all 3 are as vile as eachother
Old 09-01-2016, 08:58 AM #11
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:58 AM #12
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam

Quote:

Ive been saying exactly the same thing. With all the bad things people in the house have done, they certainly threw the worst at Winston and he was crucified. Not being happy with that, Emma tried to use his circumstance to big herself up and used the interview to do it. After that Rylan wasn't as bad but he certainly didn't try to stop the audience and panel from ripping him one and as a gay man, he loved it. It was very awkward to watch and showed why CBB is failing.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:02 AM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Ive been saying exactly the same thing. With all the bad things people in the house have done, they certainly threw the worst at Winston and he was crucified. Not being happy with that, Emma tried to use his circumstance to big herself up and used the interview to do it. After that Rylan wasn't as bad but he certainly didn't try to stop the audience and panel from ripping him one and as a gay man, he loved it. It was very awkward to watch and showed why CBB is failing.
Did you see Rylan dancing ? shoving his arse close to Winston and being over the top camp ? I spotted it and knew his game
Old 09-01-2016, 09:21 AM #14
Banned

Banned

He made his bed, he's got no one else but himself to blame. The reaching people are doing to defend him is hilarious though.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:41 AM #15

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Emma knew what his views were before he went in, so where was her outrage on opening night?
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
He made his bed, he's got no one else but himself to blame. The reaching people are doing to defend him is hilarious though.
bb aired his views maybe they are to blame.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:51 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Hypocrisy . Because why was Katie Hopkins and Jim Davidson loved when they offend everyone on the planet. Both are ignorant and disgusting lowlifes and yet they have tons of support
Nobody can justify they're actions so why are people acting like the ukip guy is the only ignorant **** to be on Cbb , I personally can't stand any of these 3 they're all pathetic creatures and the media give them too much air time
And also the producers are to be blamed for always putting in controversial twats for ratings
Old 09-01-2016, 09:51 AM #18
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
bb aired his views maybe they are to blame.
So he's not responsible for his own actions now? Again with the reaching.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:53 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You've got to ask yourself why do bb keep putting in nasty twats
So they are to blame aswell
Old 09-01-2016, 10:26 AM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
bb aired his views so it could be said that they share them!
Old 09-01-2016, 10:28 AM #21
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Dead right, Im sure there was lots of other things he's said or done that BB could have used in the task, they cherry picked that comment
Old 09-01-2016, 10:32 AM #22

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Exactly.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:36 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Dead right, Im sure there was lots of other things he's said or done that BB could have used in the task, they cherry picked that comment
yeah, like his work for the homeless. actions, not words.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:37 AM #24
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Only if you're desperately reaching.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:41 AM #25
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Quote: