Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-04-2016, 07:08 PM #51

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

I don't think a lot of people have clue what to do,but I definitely think some will vote to come out merely to piss Cameron off, which is really stupid as Britains future is all that should matter,people should get the facts , read them study them, then decide what they think would be best,and not just jump on any old bandwagon of hate.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 07:55 PM #52
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I don't think a lot of people have clue what to do,but I definitely think some will vote to come out merely to piss Cameron off, which is really stupid as Britains future is all that should matter,people should get the facts , read them study them, then decide what they think would be best,and not just jump on any old bandwagon of hate.
Spot on Kazanne, a couple of weeks or so ago I actually heard a group of people on about this in the supermarket I go to,who were all saying they hadn't a clue as to anything on the EU but they were voting out because that should get rid of Cameron as PM.

It is really sad, and for me the worst part whatever the result, it is not likely to be a decision made from an informed position at all by a large number voting.
Even worse for those who have been put off the whole thing by the absolute shambles of the in and out campaigners.

You are right as to thinking carefully about the future,this is why I am talking in the main to those aged 17 and under now,after all it is their futures too,the UKs and of course ours we are voting on.

There is no turning back once we vote out, if that happens and the constitutional chaos I think there then will be after such a result, then that must badly affect our status, success and futures across the board.

Last edited by joeysteele; 21-04-2016 at 08:01 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 09:01 PM #53

@Joey

TTIP is a long series of trade agreements that have been or are going to be voted on by MEPs and not the general public. If a political majority like an agreement that agreement turns into a reality regardless of what European citizens want. TTIP is many different things and so it doesn’t have to be voted on as a whole and a lot of agreements have already been passed. The only ones presently slowing things down are Germany and the nationalist French but this is merely a blip in the grand scheme of things.

The entire thing is not only undemocratic but its cloaked in secrecy and the only information us grubby little citizens are privy to is from either leaked documents or what our media are told to tell us. As far as Camerons concerned, its all running along splendidly and he’s leading the way.

This is a bilateral agreement between the EU and the US so if we pull out of the EU, we are no longer part of that agreement. America is well aware that the EU would likely reject Britain being part of that agreement but America needs our (or at least Cameron’s) dedicated support. America needs us in this deal and that’s the only reason Obama is willing to spend time on our shores lying to us all about why its so important we remain in the EU. He doesn’t care about us, he doesn’t care about Europe but he hugely cares about the TTIP.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 21-04-2016 at 09:07 PM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 09:03 PM #54

I think a lot of people will vote out because they believe it will sort out the immigrant problem. At the end of the day, most people decide on a personal level and at the moment there's a big majority who feel immigrants are a problem to them on a personal level.

If they'd done their homework, they would realize it won't make any difference to immigration.
Old 21-04-2016, 09:38 PM #55

but the point is - we pay so many millions to be in this - and to then be told things.

we will be better off out of it I think.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 10:17 PM #56
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
@Joey

TTIP is a long series of trade agreements that have been or are going to be voted on by MEPs and not the general public. If a political majority like an agreement that agreement turns into a reality regardless of what European citizens want. TTIP is many different things and so it doesn’t have to be voted on as a whole and a lot of agreements have already been passed. The only ones presently slowing things down are Germany and the nationalist French but this is merely a blip in the grand scheme of things.

The entire thing is not only undemocratic but its cloaked in secrecy and the only information us grubby little citizens are privy to is from either leaked documents or what our media are told to tell us. As far as Camerons concerned, its all running along splendidly and he’s leading the way.

This is a bilateral agreement between the EU and the US so if we pull out of the EU, we are no longer part of that agreement. America is well aware that the EU would likely reject Britain being part of that agreement but America needs our (or at least Cameron’s) dedicated support. America needs us in this deal and that’s the only reason Obama is willing to spend time on our shores lying to us all about why its so important we remain in the EU. He doesn’t care about us, he doesn’t care about Europe but he hugely cares about the TTIP.
staying in the eu will be the end of democracy in europe and the beginning of ttip and the new world order corporate takeover

THIS IS THE BIGGEST REFERENDUM IN THE HISTORY OF EUROPE, MAYBE THE WORLD
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 10:18 PM #57
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Spot on Kazanne, a couple of weeks or so ago I actually heard a group of people on about this in the supermarket I go to,who were all saying they hadn't a clue as to anything on the EU but they were voting out because that should get rid of Cameron as PM.

It is really sad, and for me the worst part whatever the result, it is not likely to be a decision made from an informed position at all by a large number voting.
Even worse for those who have been put off the whole thing by the absolute shambles of the in and out campaigners.

You are right as to thinking carefully about the future,this is why I am talking in the main to those aged 17 and under now,after all it is their futures too,the UKs and of course ours we are voting on.

There is no turning back once we vote out, if that happens and the constitutional chaos I think there then will be after such a result, then that must badly affect our status, success and futures across the board.
staying in the eu will be the end of democracy in europe and the beginning of ttip and the new world order corporate takeover

Old 21-04-2016, 11:15 PM #58
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
@Joey

I think we have to realise you and I are not going to agree on this.

It is still being negotiated and worked out, estimated to not reach
conclusion until likely 2019/2020 anyway.
There are loads of possible changes that may come into play for any final deal to be presented in that time.

What is the President lying about?
He has said it is a decisions for the voters but the USA would prefer us to stay in, that is the thrust of all he will be saying.
The Chinese and Indian leadership have said the same thing.

I think you will find that the TTIP deal has to be ratified by all the Nations of the EU.
Some will be able to put it to referendum too, we would more than certain be one that would do so and have to do so from the law put in place as to future changes in the EU set out by the coalition govt. between 2010 and 2015

I really don't see the problem myself and if there are any unsavoury elements to it, then it needing to be ratified by all the EU nations will be a pretty hard thing to achieve in my book.

Also,as was pointed out on Question time tonight, no one batted an eyelid when Obama said Scotland should remain part of the UK during the independence referendum.
He is just expressing a view and you,I and all others can ignore him or listen to him, agree with him or disagree with him but I think as a strong ally and friend of the UK, he has a right to express his view, especially as loads of other Nations have already too.
All advocating we remain in the EU too.

You may have decided out is best, that's fine, your choice and your right.
I remain an in person and still believe being at the top table of the EU is far better than being out with no knowledge of where things may go after coming out, and also having no control at all as to what conditions the EU can impose on us initially and then even change in the future too.

I would far rather be there in the thick of it,helping make decisions and also challenge decisions coming towards the UK too.
We can do that if in, we can do none of it out.
Old 21-04-2016, 11:23 PM #59
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post

Sorry, I do not agree at all with the first bit of your post.
However I respect your personal stance on it and I agree with your last part 100%,this is the biggest referendum in the history of Europe and that is why the risks of out need to be far more outlined as well as possible benefits.

We already know there is good and bad about being in the EU but in it we 'are' still a successful Nation and that should continue to be the case if we remain in..

Maybe too we could be still as successful if out, maybe even do better but I have seen nothing at all of substance to say we could do as well or do better out.
The absence of that surety makes leaving a dangerous risk to take for the UKs future in my view.
I know you will never agree with that in any way at all.

However that is just as equally I won't with you, while that substantiation as to the out scenario is non existent from the out organisations.

Last edited by joeysteele; 21-04-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 22-04-2016, 12:38 AM #60
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Sorry, I do not agree at all with the first bit of your post.
However I respect your personal stance on it and I agree with your last part 100%,this is the biggest referendum in the history of Europe and that is why the risks of out need to be far more outlined as well as possible benefits.

We already know there is good and bad about being in the EU but in it we 'are' still a successful Nation and that should continue to be the case if we remain in..

Maybe too we could be still as successful if out, maybe even do better but I have seen nothing at all of substance to say we could do as well or do better out.
The absence of that surety makes leaving a dangerous risk to take for the UKs future in my view.
I know you will never agree with that in any way at all.

However that is just as equally I won't with you, while that substantiation as to the out scenario is non existent from the out organisations.
The out cant substantiate as many claims and figures because the inners are the establishment and control all of the massive organisations that spoon feed the masses the FIGURES. The gap between rich and poor is greater in america than ever and thats whats coming our way. stating in will be the death of the individual.

Look around your home town, look at photos from the past 100 years....notice how the 100s of local traders and wonderful colourful shop fronts and even more colourful characters packed the streets in the old photos...the markets were glorious, the architecture unique and timeless....see how each decade these people and characters and splendour, nay glory....disappears.....see how so many of these wonderful people and places are wiped out by grotesque huge monolithic corporations ....are these supermarkets really better for us? world record obesity, world record diabetes, world record child obesity and lack of exercise

As we read up what all these wars in the last 50 years were about ? mass power mass control, sales of weapons to our enemies oil land resources for corporations, imposed dictatorships, the corruption is on a scale that is unreal to comprehend ....news corporations were numbered over 50 in the 1980s now there are only 6 that own 90% of the news.....only this week we discover that millions of cars are sold on a pack of lies to rip off the masses.....any fine now is miniscule compared to their sales...the sheer enormity of corporate corruption involved in the 2008 crash? who benefitted? the rich, who was hit? the poor of course, in america the poor lost everything and couldnt even afford healthcare...as we socialized the banks losses and the bankers kept their bonuses and of course none of them went to jail
the banks have not been broken up they have become bigger in size and fewer in numbers in monstrous monopolies

These corporations are now so powerful, wealthier than many nations, with politicians paid off, they are propped up by mind boggling rules that make it impossible for sme's to ever compete for a piece of the market again

Even the jumble sale market , the deliveries market , and ticket market has been corporatised across the globe with ebay paypal amazon and stubhub...all in cahoots with google who provide the searches. taking enormous ..percentages and enslaving the masses to work for their monolithic monoplies for peanuts. theyve even managed to wipe out the last bastion of the unqualified worker across the world, simple taxi driving
Theyve even got staff down as self employed now so paying minimum wages are negated by these corporations for millions of staff.

the EU is an unmitigated disaster.....it has failed in absolutely everything. Its insane central control has lead to this disaster...everynation bar germany and austria is poorer....many have gone bankrupt, Italy had its entire government replaced by the EU? Its just insane. at its heart is an insatiable desire to control everything and everyone. there is also a lot of petty anti american bigotry and sobbery which will of course achieve nothing and will ironically be wiped out with ttip when the american corporations march in to europe and cherry pick everything
Old 22-04-2016, 02:48 AM #61
Sod orf

Sod orf

He's here, Landed last night.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 07:04 AM #62

Quote:
@Joey

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 07:06 AM #63

Quote:
why do you think the american government want uk not to rock the EU boat? do you relly think they care about us? or is it more to do with the long awaited TTIP american corporate takeover over of the EU>? Ebay and amazon have taken over the 2nd hand goods and delivery, theyre the biggest arms dealers in the world, theyve bought out our movie industry, theyve taken over our supermarkets much of our service industry , facebook , twitter worldwide , fast food garbage pushing the world over the diabetic and obese cliff...heck theyve even taken over our entire black market tickets across europe and even taxis are wiped out worldwide by uber

its a worldwide american corporate takeover and were just rolling over in the traffic

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 09:11 AM #64
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The out cant substantiate as many claims and figures because the inners are the establishment and control all of the massive organisations that spoon feed the masses the FIGURES. The gap between rich and poor is greater in america than ever and thats whats coming our way. stating in will be the death of the individual.

Look around your home town, look at photos from the past 100 years....notice how the 100s of local traders and wonderful colourful shop fronts and even more colourful characters packed the streets in the old photos...the markets were glorious, the architecture unique and timeless....see how each decade these people and characters and splendour, nay glory....disappears.....see how so many of these wonderful people and places are wiped out by grotesque huge monolithic corporations ....are these supermarkets really better for us? world record obesity, world record diabetes, world record child obesity and lack of exercise

As we read up what all these wars in the last 50 years were about ? mass power mass control, sales of weapons to our enemies oil land resources for corporations, imposed dictatorships, the corruption is on a scale that is unreal to comprehend ....news corporations were numbered over 50 in the 1980s now there are only 6 that own 90% of the news.....only this week we discover that millions of cars are sold on a pack of lies to rip off the masses.....any fine now is miniscule compared to their sales...the sheer enormity of corporate corruption involved in the 2008 crash? who benefitted? the rich, who was hit? the poor of course, in america the poor lost everything and couldnt even afford healthcare...as we socialized the banks losses and the bankers kept their bonuses and of course none of them went to jail
the banks have not been broken up they have become bigger in size and fewer in numbers in monstrous monopolies

These corporations are now so powerful, wealthier than many nations, with politicians paid off, they are propped up by mind boggling rules that make it impossible for sme's to ever compete for a piece of the market again

Even the jumble sale market , the deliveries market , and ticket market has been corporatised across the globe with ebay paypal amazon and stubhub...all in cahoots with google who provide the searches. taking enormous ..percentages and enslaving the masses to work for their monolithic monoplies for peanuts. theyve even managed to wipe out the last bastion of the unqualified worker across the world, simple taxi driving
Theyve even got staff down as self employed now so paying minimum wages are negated by these corporations for millions of staff.

the EU is an unmitigated disaster.....it has failed in absolutely everything. Its insane central control has lead to this disaster...everynation bar germany and austria is poorer....many have gone bankrupt, Italy had its entire government replaced by the EU? Its just insane. at its heart is an insatiable desire to control everything and everyone. there is also a lot of petty anti american bigotry and sobbery which will of course achieve nothing and will ironically be wiped out with ttip when the american corporations march in to europe and cherry pick everything
Nothing is 100% certain anywhere,however the outs must know what deals they will be wanting to get,they must know what conditions from the EU they would refuse to accept,they also need to tell the voters if they'd refuse any conditions what will be the consequences of that on ay more lucrative trading deal.

To seemingly themselves have no idea what out will come to fruition as, than that leaves a continuing massive hole in their credibility and therefore voting to leave.

TIPP is a bit of a possible red herring here in this debate,if it becomes part of the EU then we have a trading deal when out with the EU of course we would likely have to be affected with it, good or bad.
Unless the outs are now claiming we are to have nothing to do with the EU.which I am sure even they know that would be economical suicide.

TIPPs is still being discussed,it will have to be ratified by 'all' the EU nations if it even gets that far.
If there is opposition as strong as has been stated on here to it, I myself think ratification of it is more less likely then likely.
So TIPPS cannot be judged fully until all the talks ad negotiations are completed,I understand 2020 is the target date.
Then if any deal can be out to the EU nations it likely will, 'but' it will need ratifying by 'all' the EU nations anyway.
Of which we would still be a member if we vote to stay in and then actually get a say on TIPPS.
Out we will have no say and furthermore no say as to if in any way it could cross into our dealings with the EU,as we will have then no control over conditions being added or changed as to our dealings with the EU if out.

There is much wrong with the EU,I would love to go back to the drawing board on it on many issues,however you cannot go back to the drawing board with any influence if you leave something,inside the organisation you can, and if as you say other EU Nations are disgruntled, then handled rightly the UK could lead great change in the EU with many of those disgruntled Nations also joining the move to greater reform.

Out, we can do nothing but still accept what the EU expects of us for any trading deals,costs, tariffs and conditions.

Now, if the out organisations can show us in any way what deals we will get, not could get.
If they can get even an idea of costings and the conditions to be imposed.
If they can get any organisation or other Nation to say we should not be in the EU, then the out argument may be going somewhere.

We have heard form the out side the dismissal of us not being as secure out the EU by the in side,then along comes a hierarchy of NATO, which was held up as being more important than the EU as to security,yet NATO stated they would prefer the UK in the EU.
Someone is getting it badly wrong.

I ask again, is it the out side 'cannot' tell the voters what out 'will' be really like or is it they 'will not' tell the voters.
Either is bad as if they cannot,then whatever picture they paint, in the absence of even any guidelines, is then near irrelevant.
If they will not, then that has to mean the picture maybe is a much darker one.

I think. as you rightly say the out side have not got all the info, that is no excuse for not giving the voters any real info however,even just as things set up to begin deal talks with the EU and other Nations,of which the USA will be one too.

I think those in govt who have great doubts and issues as to the EU, who have info at hand,have looked very closely at what out is and the picture is not a good one,which is why, love or hate them, Cameron and Osborne are now firmly for in.

The out organisations,have the London Mayor, 3 major Cabinet Ministers and another ex Cabinet Minister,those people must have some info as to what is possible out yet have chosen only to dismiss any in argument while presenting nothing of note as to where we go, what we do, who with when and how once we voted to leave.

For me that is too big a risk so with all its faults I still say staying where we are, as a successful Nation in the EU,(despite my annoyances with the EU too), is the better option to ensure the future success and further stability of the UK.
You can disagree with all I say,as I do almost all that you have with full respect to you for your position on this.
However an argument has to be backed up with solid facts and particularly big change has to be shown to be for the better and not a risk in any way.

Having said all that,I think the result will be to leave, carried only by the far South of England which will then open up more instability and chaos across the UK.
I do however think leaving is the likely result at this point in time anyway.
People being so sick of the 'over the heads' stuff being thrown at them by both sides.
So you may well get your wish.

Last edited by joeysteele; 22-04-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 22-04-2016, 12:14 PM #65
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Nothing is 1005 certain anywhere,however the outs must know what deals they will be wanting to get,they must know what conditions from the EU they would refuse to accept,they also need to tell the voters if they'd refuse any conditions what will be the consequences of that on ay more lucrative trading deal.

To seemingly themselves have no idea what out will come to fruition as, than that leaves a continuing massive hole in their credibility and therefore voting to leave.

TIPP is a bit of a possible red herring here in this debate,if it becomes part of the EU then we have a trading deal when out with the EU of course we would likely have to be affected with it, good or bad.
Unless the outs are now claiming we are to have nothing to do with the EU.which I am sure even they know that would be economical suicide.

TIPPs is still being discussed,it will have to be ratified by 'all' the EU nations if it even gets that far.
If there is opposition as strong as has been stated on here to it, I myself think ratification of it is more less likely then likely.
So TIPPS cannot be judged fully until all the talks ad negotiations are completed,I understand 2020 is the target date.
Then if any deal can be out to the EU nations it likely will, 'but' it will need ratifying by 'all' the EU nations anyway.
Of which we would still be a member if we vote to stay in and then actually get a say on TIPPS.
Out we will have no say and furthermore no say as to if in any way it could cross into our dealings with the EU,as we will have then no control over conditions being added or changed as to our dealings with the EU if out.

There is much wrong with the EU,I would love to go back to the drawing board on it on many issues,however you cannot go back to the drawing board with any influence if you leave something,inside the organisation you can, and if as you say other EU Nations are disgruntled, then handled rightly the UK could lead great change in the EU with many of those disgruntled Nations also joining the move to greater reform.

Out, we can do nothing but still accept what the EU expects of us for any trading deals,costs, tariffs and conditions.

Now, if the out organisations can show us in any way what deals we will get, not could get.
If they can get even an idea of costings and the conditions to be imposed.
If they can get any organisation or other Nation to say we should not be in the EU, then the out argument may be going somewhere.

We have heard form the out side the dismissal of us not being as secure out the EU by the in side,then along comes a hierarchy of NATO, which was held up as being more important than the EU as to security,yet NATO stated they would prefer the UK in the EU.
Someone is getting it badly wrong.

I ask again, is it the out side 'cannot' tell the voters what out 'will' be really like or is it they 'will not' tell the voters.
Either is bad as if they cannot,then whatever picture they paint, in the absence of even any guidelines, is then near irrelevant.
If they will not, then that has to mean the picture maybe is a much darker one.

I think. as you rightly say the out side have not got all the info, that is no excuse for not giving the voters any real info however,even just as things set up to begin deal talks with the EU and other Nations,of which the USA will be one too.

I think those in govt who have great doubts and issues as to the EU, who have info at hand,have looked very closely at what out is and the picture is not a good one,which is why, love or hate them, Cameron and Osborne are now firmly for in.

The out organisations,have the London Mayor, 3 major Cabinet Ministers and another ex Cabinet Minister,those people must have some info as to what is possible out yet have chosen only to dismiss any in argument while presenting nothing of note as to where we go, what we do, who with when and how once we voted to leave.

For me that is too big a risk so with all its faults I still say staying where we are, as a successful Nation in the EU,(despite my annoyances with the EU too), is the better option to ensure the future success and further stability of the UK.
You can disagree with all I say,as I do almost all that you have with full respect to you for your position on this.
However an argument has to be backed up with solid facts and particularly big change has to be shown to be for the better and not a risk in any way.

Having said all that,I think the result will be to leave, carried only by the far South of England which will then open up more instability and chaos across the UK.
People being so sick of the 'over the heads' stuff being thrown at them by both sides.
makes you wonder how so many of the most successful countries do so well outside the EU....starting with switzerland and norway, usually rated as the best most successful and highest quality of life nations in the world....other awesome countries who govern themselves include canada, new zealand, australia, america, japan hong kong, oh and china arent too too bad either
they all run their own affairs and theyre the top nations in the world...the only EU nation at the top is of course germany, who control the entire monetary policies of the eu to suit their own needs and agenda ,the vast majority of the other eu nations have gone to hell in a handbasket
Old 22-04-2016, 12:21 PM #66
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:

I was just wondering how you get the impression that the south will vote out. I'm in the deep south, and those that I talk to are all for staying in. I'm not sure how London will vote however, as if there is a "patriotic" patch, that would be it.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 12:26 PM #67
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I was just wondering how you get the impression that the south will vote out. I'm in the deep south, and those that I talk to are all for staying in. I'm not sure how London will vote however, as if there is a "patriotic" patch, that would be it.
Really, I gave up going to the South, the far South that is, it seemed very strongly and also determined to vote out,I think 6 out of every 10 people we mentioned the EU to, were in favour of coming out.
If you are finding different now then I am pleased as to that.

London is very different, I think London will massively vote to remain in the EU.
Old 22-04-2016, 12:30 PM #68
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I think the poorer areas will be heavier brexitors as many feel the mass increase in population and immigration is hitting their jobs , wages , benefits, the economy and nhs waiting lists too..net immigration rose 3.7 million in the last 10 years...so the issue is very real..germany didnt allow open borders like us they employed a 7 year delay
Old 22-04-2016, 12:32 PM #69
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

With regard to TTIP, what govt in it's right mind would pass legislation to give corporations the right to sue them? It makes no sense :/
Old 22-04-2016, 12:36 PM #70
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
makes you wonder how so many of the most successful countries do so well outside the EU....starting with switzerland and norway, usually rated as the best most successful and highest quality of life nations in the world....other awesome countries who govern themselves include canada, new zealand, australia, america, japan hong kong, oh and china arent too too bad either
they all run their own affairs and theyre the top nations in the world...the only EU nation at the top is of course germany, who control the entire monetary policies of the eu to suit their own needs and agenda ,the vast majority of the other eu nations have gone to hell in a handbasket
That doesn't make me wonder at all, they have never been in the EU so have held onto all they had before rather than giving it up.
They have been able to hold their success as it was before the EU came into being.

They have not known any different.
However those Nations all want relations with the EU and some already have, even accepting the free movement of EU citizens to have trade and relations with the EU too.

It may well have been had we never joined the EEC in 1973 and suck to all we had in place before,we may have continued doing pretty good too.
However we tried since the early 60s to get into the EEC only eventually getting in by 1973.

for the last 40+ years we have chosen closer ties to mainland Europe and what we had before is likely not there in the way it was when we gave it all up to join the EEC and then agree treaties that brought into being the EU over time.
Now we are being asked by the out side, to try to step right back again, in a sort of hope of finding some, most or very unlikely all we had before, which frankly doesn't fill me with much confidence as to that at all.

I don't hear those Nations you mention, racing to say, they would jump at supporting the UK out of the EU now ad rushing to outline any new trading deals for the UK.
In fact all those Nations are saying the best place for the UK to be is remaining in the EU.

Last edited by joeysteele; 22-04-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 22-04-2016, 12:37 PM #71
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
With regard to TTIP, what govt in it's right mind would pass legislation to give corporations the right to sue them? It makes no sense :/
its happened already across the globe....the eu will take backhanders all day long
Old 22-04-2016, 12:38 PM #72
User banned

User banned

Quote:
That doesn't make me wonder at all, they have never been in the EU so have held onto all they had before rather than giving it up.
They have been able to hold their success as it was before the EU came into being.

They have not known any different.
However those Nations all want relations with the EU and some already have, even accepting the free movement of U citizens to have trade and relations with the EU too.

It may well have been had we never joined the EEC in 1973 and suck to all we had in place before,we may have continued doing pretty good too.
However we tried since the early 60s to get into the EEC only eventually getting in by 1973.

for the last 40+ years we have chosen closer ties to mainland Europe and what we had before is likely not there in the way it was when we gave it all up to join the EEC and then agree treaties that brought into being the EU over time.
Now we are being asked by the out side, to try to step right back again, in a sort of hope of finding some, most or very unlikely all we had before, which frankly doesn't fill me with much confidence as to that at all.

I don't hear those Nations you mention, racing to say, they would jump at supporting the UK out of the EU now ad rushing to outline any new trading deals for the UK.
In fact all those Nations are saying the best place for the UK to be is remaining in the EU.
because it suits THEIR agenda not ours
Old 22-04-2016, 12:43 PM #73
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
because it suits THEIR agenda not ours
How can you say they are suiting their own agendas,as you pointed out they are NOT in the EU.
These Nations you accuse of giving the UK false and bad advice to remain in,are the very Nations the 'out' side would argue that the UK will have to try to deal with more if out.

If those Nations were expecting to do more trade directly with us if we left the EU,why on earth, if they were even in any way willing to accommodate that, would they be advising the UK to remain in.

That would make no sense whatsoever, well maybe I am thick, because it makes no sense to me at all.
Old 22-04-2016, 12:47 PM #74
User banned

User banned

Quote:
How can you say they are suiting their own agendas,as you pointed out they are NOT in the EU.
These Nations you accuse of giving the UK false and bad advice to remain in,are the very Nations the 'out' side would argue that the UK will have to try to deal with more if out.

If those Nations were expecting to do more trade directly with us if we left the EU,why on earth, if they were even in any way willing to accommodate that, would they be advising the UK to remain in.

That would make no sense whatsoever, well maybe I am thick, because it makes no sense to me at all.
eh? america want us in because as ive explained o you 101 times they want to carve up the EU for a corporate takeover
switzerland dont give a stuff if we are in or out as theyre doing fantastically and our fate is not their concern
the other voices are corporate leaders who have spent years aligned the eu for the worlds biggest ever corporate takeever
Old 22-04-2016, 01:00 PM #75
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
eh? america want us in because as ive explained o you 101 times they want to carve up the EU for a corporate takeover
switzerland dont give a stuff if we are in or out as theyre doing fantastically and our fate is not their concern
the other voices are corporate leaders who have spent years aligned the eu for the worlds biggest ever corporate takeever
Switzerland is not in the EU but accepts the free movement of EU citizens.
I cannot get your point but the one thing I do know is not one of those Nations you mentioned have said the UK would be better out of the EU.

I doubt the EU would allow the USA to carve up anything,if the present EU Members, including us, have to battle hard to win every change, I cannot see anyone else really achieving that much outside the EU.
No matter how big or powerful they may be.

The argument from out has been the EU has become far too insular and even dismisses the concerns of its members,now you are saying they are going to completely cave in to the USA,yet it will need the agreement of 'all' members of the EU to even also allow that.

I just do not see that coming about at all,sorry.no way.

Last edited by joeysteele; 22-04-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
coming, europe, president, stay, stink, uk, usa