Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:58 PM #51
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Is there any higher than usual amounts of prejudice against the Jewish faith in the party?
Yes, there is. So much so that Corbyn himself has admitted that Jewish Labour donors haven't given any donations since he took over. Jews make up less than 0.5% of the population and yet gave one third of Labour's donations... but not any more. And the more denial there is in the party, the less backing they'll get from the Jewish community.

Last edited by Livia; 09-07-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:05 PM #52
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
They both are the same party nowadays.

The Tories and Labour would do the same tactic as what the old Tories did to Margaret Thatcher, set her up as the villain, and then get rid of her for the "nice" gentleman.

Politics is still misogynistic, but it's just better at hiding it nowadays.
I think there is more male hate misandrist, sexism against men now in the UK
We need to get rid of misandry and mysogyny , firstly by accepting that the war is not men v women , but very rich v poor
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:05 PM #53
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Yes, there is. So much so that Corbyn himself has admitted that Jewish Labour donors haven't given any donations since he took over. Jews make up less than 0.5% of the population and yet gave one third of Labour's donations... but not any more. And the more denial there is in the party, the less backing they'll get from the Jewish community.
I say you are wrong,all you do is get at the Labour Party and in fact all people on the left of politics, branding them all sorts of things.

You may be right Jewish donors have pulled back from donating to Labour, that is their prerogative to do so.
It does not however make the dangerous and nasty accusations you make right against a whole Party or the people in it.

The vast majority would fight and stand against any anti-semitism.
Why you have even chosen to derail this thread with anti-semitism accusations, when it is about female leadership of parties is beyond all understanding to me.

Last edited by joeysteele; 09-07-2016 at 04:08 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:28 PM #54
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I say you are wrong,all you do is get at the Labour Party and in fact all people on the left of politics, branding them all sorts of things.

You may be right Jewish donors have pulled back from donating to Labour, that is their prerogative to do so.
It does not however make the dangerous and nasty accusations you make right against a whole Party or the people in it.

The vast majority would fight and stand against any anti-semitism.
Why you have even chosen to derail this thread with anti-semitism accusations, when it is about female leadership of parties is beyond all understanding to me.
All I do? Seriously? This is a discussion thread. I'm allowed to say what I feel even if it doesn't fit in with your own opinion. And let's face it, the hatred against anything right of centre on this forum is rife.

I have not derailed the thread, I drew a comparison.

If Labour can't sort out it's anti-Semitism problem and just ignore it, that's their choice. Don't expect people, especially Jewish people, not to mention it.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:05 PM #55
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
All I do? Seriously? This is a discussion thread. I'm allowed to say what I feel even if it doesn't fit in with your own opinion. And let's face it, the hatred against anything right of centre on this forum is rife.

I have not derailed the thread, I drew a comparison.

If Labour can't sort out it's anti-Semitism problem and just ignore it, that's their choice. Don't expect people, especially Jewish people, not to mention it.
I have Jewish friends who have not the slightest bit of hatred you have against those on the left of politics.
It is a debating forum and this thread is about female leaders of Parties. no mention of anti-semitism,only why the Conservative party has had 2 female leaders and labour none.
What on earth has anti semitism got to do with this thread.

You are the only person who started the anti-semitism issue off, if you feel that strongly about it and need to spout venom against the left of politics as to it.
Perhaps a thread made on the subject would have been a more appropriate route to take, then us decent people who are in the Labour party and support it,from the left of politics, and also are not red Nazis or anything else you call us, can avoid going on such thread to read the insults thrown by you generally at decent people, insults they get from you likely only because they are on the left of politics..

Last edited by joeysteele; 09-07-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:26 PM #56
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I have Jewish friends who have not the slightest bit of hatred you have against those on the left of politics.
It is a debating forum and this thread is about female leaders of Parties. no mention of anti-semitism,only why the Conservative party has had 2 female leaders and labour none.
What on earth has anti semitism got to do with this thread.

You are the only person who started the anti-semitism issue off, if you feel that strongly about it and need to spout venom against the left of politics as to it.
Perhaps a thread made on the subject would have been a more appropriate route to take, then us decent people who are in the Labour party and support it,from the left of politics, and also are not red Nazis or anything else you call us, can avoid going on such thread to read the insults thrown by you generally at decent people, insults they get from you likely only because they are on the left of politics..
You have Jewish friends. I have friends on the left of politics. That doesn't give either of us the edge.

I'm going to say this one more time. I referred to 'red Nazis' entirely in context with the thread in which I posted. In no way could it be inferred that I was attaching that phrase to anyone on this forum. I was using the term as it had been frequently used in the press in the past aimed at a particular group of politicians. So please, stop circuitously saying I used the term in reference to forum members because I didn't.

I have massive respect for quite a few Labour politicians and recognise, quite often, they have the high ground in my opinion. I can also recognise when Conservative politicians are hopelessly out of order and I don't hold back in saying so. I don't blindly accept whatever cock-eyed ideas they come up with.

Where you get this idea that I'm spouting venom or that I have any kind of hatred is several parsecs off the mark.

Last edited by Livia; 09-07-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:52 PM #57
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Anyway not contributing to any further derailing of this thread.

I have to point out it may be there is a female candidate to become Leader of the Labour party now, that is if she actually does it this time.

However it is doomed to failure in my view because who really wants Angela Eagle, is she honestly the best they could put up for a leadership contest.
It will happen one day but she for sure is not the one.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:16 AM #58
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Anyway not contributing to any further derailing of this thread.

I have to point out it may be there is a female candidate to become Leader of the Labour party now, that is if she actually does it this time.

However it is doomed to failure in my view because who really wants Angela Eagle, is she honestly the best they could put up for a leadership contest.
It will happen one day but she for sure is not the one.
she is a vile blairite warmonger. which means she will be popular amongst many of the new labour mps but detested by the members
Old 10-07-2016, 09:22 AM #59
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
she is a vile blairite warmonger. which means she will be popular amongst many of the new labour mps but detested by the members
I do not think she has a hope of beating him the truth, I would not support her as leader over Corbyn for sure.

What is this anyway,it appears she wants to be the only name against him and no one else stand too.
What kind of leadership battle is that,restricting choice.

Actually he gave a rather good account of himself on the Marr programme this morning too.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:44 PM #60
User banned

User banned

corbyn has now become essential to british democracy.
The man has flaws, dont we all? I dont think he is an anti semite at all, he doesnt seem sympathetic to the plight of the palestinians and the illegal occupations by Israel. But on the other hand I also see the israeli point of view under endless attack. The hezbollah situation seems to be a major sticking point. The whole Israel state has been a disaster from day 1 and imo should never have happened. But we are where we are and all sides simply need to be more grown up less full of vengeful hate and simply respect each other with a 2 state solution. Lets pray it happens sooner rather than later. With the hysteria of the british press we rarely hear a calm proper debate we simply get the edited highlights often taken out of context. time for calm reasoned compromise

Corbyn needs to prove he and labour can run the economy and he needs to show himself as business friendly , rather than corporate friendly, craeater healthier more competitive economy. He needs to form a coallition with sme's. He needs to think outside the westminster bubble and build a bigger broader coallition. He needs to outline his vision now, which I assume is to reign in corporate greed, monopolies and endless tax evasion/avoidance. People probably realise he feels strongly on this. However he also needs to show he will expose the mass of public sector cover ups we saw under new labour, such as stafford nhs, the rotherham child sex scandals , the iraq war etc with stronger checks and balances and strengthen the ombudsmen and the complaints confidentiality processes. A coallition of Public sector workers combined with sme's and a fair slice of the working people could see him emerge victorious. Frankly if there was just one mp who could do something with the roads that may be enough to earn them votes. So few politicians actually start a job and finish it

Last edited by the truth; 10-07-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:50 AM #61
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel

Responding to the title of the thread, I think not having female candidates isn't the biggest contradiction with preaching feminism. What about their defending of Islam which teaches that a woman's word is only worth half that of a man? And defending the culture that "empowers" women by covering them from the head down.

Actually, both feminism and Islam have at least one thing in common in that they are intolerant doctrines of hostility. One hates man the other hates women.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:24 PM #62
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
Responding to the title of the thread, I think not having female candidates isn't the biggest contradiction with preaching feminism. What about their defending of Islam which teaches that a woman's word is only worth half that of a man? And defending the culture that "empowers" women by covering them from the head down.

Actually, both feminism and Islam have at least one thing in common in that they are intolerant doctrines of hostility. One hates man the other hates women.
abslutely brilliant thought provoking post, fair play, dda iawn as they in west wales

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
female, femininism, labour, pm, preach, tories