Notices

Big Brother 17 [Summer 2016] Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2016, 12:49 AM   #1
Epic.
Senior Member
 
Epic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 20,809
Default To Fellow Evelyn Fans: We Won!

As you all probably know, Alex joined Sam in being evicted tonight. And thus, the entire forum inevitably banded together in celebration over the fact that Alex was finally Winston'd. But as you may also know, it was actually close in voting between Alex and Evelyn for who would join Sam in being evicted. Seeing this, a vote evelyn to win thread was created. It did have some popularity at first, and then I supported this in a paragraph, causing the thread to once again pick up some final steam. Me and azi repeatedly promoted this and I'm so thrilled that it actually paid off. For those who voted Evelyn, thank you! It really made the difference in a quite clearly close vote, so we really managed to succeed at something.

She may not win, but we bottom g.oddessed Evelyn out of a third eviction, having already survived against Georgina and avoiding bottom 3 in Ryan's eviction.

We kept a really contributing housemate and too out a non-contributer who personally REALLY aggravated me in the latest episodes. Regardless of who wins, we are the real winners for this campaign! Thank you to all who voted. This is the best eviction ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
weird ass british language
Epic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 12:50 AM   #2
MB.
like the boys
 
MB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 32,932

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele
Love Island 6: Shaughna
The Circle 2019: Georgina


Default

Big Brother 17 champion Evelyn Ellis

(don't @ me I know my own truth)
__________________
Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 12:52 AM   #3
Jack_
oh fack off
 
Jack_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,134

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
Love Island 4: Megan
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
CBB21: Shane Jenek


Default

To whoever voted for her and contributed to this iconic eviction, from me to you: thank you
Jack_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 12:52 AM   #4
Time
Senior Member
 
Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,917

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett
CBB21: Rachel Johnson
CBB20: Jemma Lucy
Default

So glad made the final over Alex
Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 02:30 AM   #5
azi
 
azi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,583

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
BBUSA21: Kathryn
Love Island 5: Maura
BBCanada 7: Samantha
Default

Talent won
Thanks for anyone who voted
__________________

azi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 02:31 AM   #6
LukeB
Life imitates art
 
LukeB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Humpty Doo
Posts: 81,435

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Madeline
Survivor 40: Parvati
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin


Default

I voted 20 times for her to win (sorry jayne but voting for her means alex's eviction)
__________________

Spoiler:


LukeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 02:34 AM   #7
MB.
like the boys
 
MB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 32,932

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele
Love Island 6: Shaughna
The Circle 2019: Georgina


Default

I find it a nice little addendum to the "the girls always get the blame" C story we've had this year (starting and really peaking with Charlie's eviction), in that the bland, good-looking male in the showmance lost to the louder, quirkier woman when all laws of Big Brother science would dictate the opposite
__________________
Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 02:43 AM   #8
*mazedsalv**
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Posts: 27,846
Blog Entries: 5

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Chad Johnson


Default

Even though I have been voting Hughie, you have no idea how happy I am that Evelyn managed to beat Alex in a Vote to Win. The public's decisions this year have been

Lets just think about the fact that a really hot girl beat a good-looking guy.... when has that really happened?

The only times I remember a woman going further than the bloke if they were a "couple" or "close" were:

Casey beating Lee
Chantelle beating Preston
Sophie beating Kris
Stephanie beats Jeremy

I won't add Josie and John James because she was given a pass to the final. The four above are the cases where the females survived over the male.

Last edited by *mazedsalv**; 26-07-2016 at 02:48 AM.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 02:53 AM   #9
MB.
like the boys
 
MB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 32,932

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele
Love Island 6: Shaughna
The Circle 2019: Georgina


Default

(also Laura and Marco but then again Marco never existed which is good)
__________________
Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 03:02 AM   #10
*mazedsalv**
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Posts: 27,846
Blog Entries: 5

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Chad Johnson


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
(also Laura and Marco but then again Marco never existed which is good)
Tbh the ones I listed meant the female survived over the male, not just stayed longer. So the public had the choice to keep them in.

Laura wasn't up, I do believe if she was, she would have gone over Marco.

The others i listed above stayed over the males in the same vote.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 03:42 AM   #11
armand.kay
armand.kay
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: purgatory
Posts: 23,744
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Adam
BB18: Chanelle


Default

Evelyne our hughie to win
__________________
☾✩✹

armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #12
Samm
we
 
Samm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 28,705


Default

Good has overcome evil!
Samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #13
brisbanebroncos
Aussie Fan
 
brisbanebroncos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 302

Favourites (more):
BBUSA17: Vanessa
BBCanada 3: Godfrey
BBUSA16: Derrick
BBCanada 2: Neda
Default

Nice to see another Aussie make the final.
__________________
My faves:

US: 1. Dick (8, 13), 2. Will (2, 7), 3. Derrick (16), 4. Boogie (2, 7, 14), 5. Dan (10, 14), 6. Enzo (12), 7. Britney (12, 14), 8. Marvin (5), 9. Memphis (10), 10. Lane (12).

Canada: 1. Neda (2), 2. Godfrey (3), 3. Arlie (2), 4. Kevin (3) 5. Peter (1)
brisbanebroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #14
sungrass
Senior Member
 
sungrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,412
Default

Im not a fan but she is not as bad as I thought a few days ago - Im glad shes in the final and thrilled Alex has been evicted.
sungrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #15
ebandit
dropped
 
ebandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: wilderness
Posts: 3,000
Default

...ev would be as deserving a winner as any of the finalists..

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #16
Epic.
Senior Member
 
Epic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 20,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
Even though I have been voting Hughie, you have no idea how happy I am that Evelyn managed to beat Alex in a Vote to Win. The public's decisions this year have been

Lets just think about the fact that a really hot girl beat a good-looking guy.... when has that really happened?

The only times I remember a woman going further than the bloke if they were a "couple" or "close" were:

Casey beating Lee
Chantelle beating Preston
Sophie beating Kris
Stephanie beats Jeremy

I won't add Josie and John James because she was given a pass to the final. The four above are the cases where the females survived over the male.
Well there was also CBB14 where Lauren outlasted Ricci by three seconds
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
weird ass british language
Epic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 04:27 PM   #17
THE SAUSAGE DUDE
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 43
Default

Evelyn has been a far better housemate than Jayne . Jayne is ok NOW. it's weird sometimes what People like in a housemate . If Evelyn was screaming the way Jayne has been. She would have been Voted out a long time ago.
THE SAUSAGE DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 04:29 PM   #18
reece(:
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡
 
reece(:'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England
Posts: 79,575
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Parvati
IAC2019: Jacqueline Jossa
Apprentice 2019: Marianne
Survivor 39: Noura


Default

Talent always wins.
__________________

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #19
LeatherTrumpet
Mysterio
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 66,615


Default

she is just a wee stupid lassie

about as entertaining as hanging out washing
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #20
EspeonBB
Victim Noises
 
EspeonBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: London
Posts: 11,253

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Kaela
CBB20: Chad Johnson
Apprentice 2017: Elizabeth
BB18: Isabelle


Default

Evelyn always wins
__________________




Spoiler:


EspeonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #21
LeatherTrumpet
Mysterio
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 66,615


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspeonBB View Post
Evelyn always wins
she was laughed at by all the blokes in the house

that lassie could not score in a brothel
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #22
rionablue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,930

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Sophie
CBB20: Marissa Jade
BB18: Kayleigh
CBB18: Marnie Simpson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicD View Post
As you all probably know, Alex joined Sam in being evicted tonight. And thus, the entire forum inevitably banded together in celebration over the fact that Alex was finally Winston'd. But as you may also know, it was actually close in voting between Alex and Evelyn for who would join Sam in being evicted. Seeing this, a vote evelyn to win thread was created. It did have some popularity at first, and then I supported this in a paragraph, causing the thread to once again pick up some final steam. Me and azi repeatedly promoted this and I'm so thrilled that it actually paid off. For those who voted Evelyn, thank you! It really made the difference in a quite clearly close vote, so we really managed to succeed at something.

She may not win, but we bottom g.oddessed Evelyn out of a third eviction, having already survived against Georgina and avoiding bottom 3 in Ryan's eviction.

We kept a really contributing housemate and too out a non-contributer who personally REALLY aggravated me in the latest episodes. Regardless of who wins, we are the real winners for this campaign! Thank you to all who voted. This is the best eviction ever.
I really adore both of you for all your hard work. I am in the wrong country to vote I only wish I could but I have stood by Ev through thick and thin she has always been number one in my housemate rankings right from the start. I have defended her countless times when other forum members were calling her all kinds of names. Of all my favourites in the past ten years Ev is the one I am so proud of that she defied the odds and made the final even though it was posted on here that she was evicted with Sam.

Most people say she will be out first tonight and maybe she will although I would sooo love Jacko out first but she has been a brilliant housemate, hasnt been afraid to stand up to people, has put her heart into the tasks, has been a loyal friend and her and Jayne have been the two strongest women in there. I love the fact that the other women who didnt like Ev and bitched about her are all gone now. Thanks so so much Azi and EpicD it was always lovely to have your support of Ev shine through in all the anti Evelyn threads. Love and Hugs from Ireland xxx
rionablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #23
Epic.
Senior Member
 
Epic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 20,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
I really adore both of you for all your hard work. I am in the wrong country to vote I only wish I could but I have stood by Ev through thick and thin she has always been number one in my housemate rankings right from the start. I have defended her countless times when other forum members were calling her all kinds of names. Of all my favourites in the past ten years Ev is the one I am so proud of that she defied the odds and made the final even though it was posted on here that she was evicted with Sam.

Most people say she will be out first tonight and maybe she will although I would sooo love Jacko out first but she has been a brilliant housemate, hasnt been afraid to stand up to people, has put her heart into the tasks, has been a loyal friend and her and Jayne have been the two strongest women in there. I love the fact that the other women who didnt like Ev and bitched about her are all gone now. Thanks so so much Azi and EpicD it was always lovely to have your support of Ev shine through in all the anti Evelyn threads. Love and Hugs from Ireland xxx
You are welcome, fellow Irish fan xxx
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
weird ass british language
Epic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #24
Epic.
Senior Member
 
Epic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 20,809
Default

This thread is still an important milestone
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
weird ass british language
Epic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #25
Shaun
ooo
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 104,231
Blog Entries: 17

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Ian Wright
X Factor Celebrity: V5
Strictly 2019: Dev Griffin
BB19: Kay


Default

to everyone who kept saving her so that she beat Jayne: choke.
__________________
Season 12 Faves: Heidi, Sherry , Jaida, Jan & Widow
DRUK Faves: The Vivienne, Divina, Vinegar & Sum Ting Wong

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T* View Post
Christopher Maloney is the new judge of the voice 2019! my cat is the producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
Him to throw up every time he spins round?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alex, evelyn, fans, fellow, georgina, ryan, sam, won

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts