Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 20-10-2016, 09:00 AM #101
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Quote:
trying to cover your tracks with humour will not work i am afraid
Quote:
Im afraid all you have achieved is to shine the mirror back on yourself for all to see...
And LT! You're just getting straight up lazy. I reckon you have a notepad document open with about 20 of these sorts of phrases and you just copy and paste them into threads. Come on! More effort required.
Old 20-10-2016, 09:02 AM #102
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Agreed Ammi, I'm not buying into any of this ridiculous "bullying " rhetoric but it does seem that a little posse has formed around Kirk in this thread in the last few pages to defend him against "being bullied" (... ...) by ganging up on and belittling another member who they have perceived as a "weak link". Hmmm. Oh and fighting for the god-given right to slut shame.

Tbh I reckon I've been slacking and Kirk has forgotten what an old fashioned SD&N fight night really looks like
..ughhhh, I have to go, I'm going to hand this baton to you....but this is so, so unfair on Withano and so wrong ..../catch you later....
Old 20-10-2016, 09:05 AM #103
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
And LT! You're just getting straight up lazy. I reckon you have a notepad document open with about 20 of these sorts of phrases and you just copy and paste them into threads. Come on! More effort required.
I think Kirk has been treated shamefully in this thread and specifically by one poster who I am amazed is still here
Old 20-10-2016, 09:09 AM #104
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I think Withano has been treated shamefully in this thread and specifically by one poster who I am amazed is still here
...yeah, well maybe...but you've only just got back, it would be sad if you went again so soon...
Old 20-10-2016, 09:10 AM #105
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...yeah, well maybe...but you've only just got back, it would be sad if you went again so soon...
Irrelevant
Old 20-10-2016, 09:17 AM #106
-

-

Quote:
..ughhhh, I have to go, I'm going to hand this baton to you....but this is so, so unfair on Withano and so wrong ..../catch you later....

Quote:
I think Kirk has been treated shamefully in this thread and specifically by one poster who I am amazed is still here
Nonsense LT, it's milder than 90% of threads on here and you know it, and nothing that Kirk isn't more than capable of either ignoring or tackling himself when he gets around to remembering that he isn't a butt-hurt teenager, but an intelligent grown man, who doesn't need to whine about "people trying to bully him" to prompt other grown men to rally to his defense. There's been a deliberate attempt to manipulate the narrative here by making withano's posts seem much worse than they actually are. They're a version of many other posts in the thread (the authors of which I'm sure supposedly make up the rest of the "bully gang"?) that are a teeny, tiny bit more blunt... making that member, like I said, the perceived "weak link" to gang up against in retaliation. And you talk about shameful.
Old 20-10-2016, 09:21 AM #107

Quote:

Nonsense LT, it's milder than 90% of threads on here and you know it, and nothing that Kirk isn't more than capable of either ignoring or tackling himself when he gets around to remembering that he isn't a butt-hurt teenager, but an intelligent grown man, who doesn't need to whine about "people trying to bully him" to prompt other grown men to rally to his defense. There's been a deliberate attempt to manipulate the narrative here by making withano's posts seem much worse than they actually are. They're a version of many other posts in the thread (the authors of which I'm sure supposedly make up the rest of the "bully gang"?) that are a teeny, tiny bit more blunt... making that member, like I said, the perceived "weak link" to gang up against in retaliation. And you talk about shameful.
I'n actually very busy at this moment, but you can be sure that I WILL be on to answer you and others on here very soon.

Old 20-10-2016, 09:24 AM #108
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
I stand by all my contributions on this thread as to Trump and Miley Cyrus which are few really anyway.

I do have to agree with all you say in your post above however.
Old 20-10-2016, 09:25 AM #109

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

I've never been a fan of Miley, nor her attention seeking conduct on stage and in the general media, however, to completely diminish her opinion on an incredibly prominent topic right now is to me, ludicrous, yes she may wear little to nothing, yes she might be provocative on stage and in her songs, yes she may do some weird things to garner attention, but that does not mean that she shouldn't be entitled to an opinion on alleged sexual assault or the presidency.

While I agree that some women (not the ones accusing him of assault) probably have let Donald grope them through the years because of his 'power' I see no reason why someone should not be allowed their opinion on the matter, just because they've done some weird, consensual stuff themselves.

If anything, as an American woman, Miley is probably more entitled to an opinion on the whole matter than any of us.
Old 20-10-2016, 09:26 AM #110
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

I agree some of the posts have been shameful and personal and a bully mentality prevailed against Kirk. ONly yesterday poor Josy had to again bump the sniping thread again to warn members about this.

Hopefully now the guilty parties will have taken note.
Old 20-10-2016, 09:28 AM #111
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
I've never been a fan of Miley, nor her attention seeking conduct on stage and in the general media, however, to completely diminish her opinion on an incredibly prominent topic right now is to me, ludicrous, yes she may wear little to nothing, yes she might be provocative on stage and in her songs, yes she may do some weird things to garner attention, but that does not mean that she shouldn't be entitled to an opinion on alleged sexual assault or the presidency.

While I agree that some women (not the ones accusing him of assault) probably have let Donald grope them through the years because of his 'power' I see no reason why someone should not be allowed their opinion on the matter, just because they've done some weird, consensual stuff themselves.

If anything, as an American woman, Miley is probably more entitled to an opinion on the whole matter than any of us.

An excellent thoughtful post to the debate that argues against Kirks position but does not belittle him or it

Old 20-10-2016, 09:46 AM #112
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post

An excellent post and I completely agree; the idea that someone signs away their right to pass comment or discuss a political topic, for any reason (other than doing something objectively immoral or illegal) is not a good path to go down. Who gets to decide who has the "right to an opinion" or "the right to be taken seriously" on anything, then? I'm not a huge fan of Miley Cyrus and a lot of her stage persona makes me cringe, hard, but that doesn't mean (nor should it mean) that she doesn't have other entirely separate aspects to her character or that she shouldn't be taken seriously. And yes it seems very likely that a young American female would have a clearer perspective on this particular Trump issue, than cranky ol' British men.
Old 20-10-2016, 09:53 AM #113
-

-

Quote:
I agree some of the posts have been shameful and personal and a bully mentality prevailed against Kirk.
Boo hoo. Cut it out LT, no one is buying what you're peddling here.

Quote:
Only yesterday poor Josy had to again bump the sniping thread again to warn members about this.

Hopefully now the guilty parties will have taken note.

Nor is anyone buying that you even believe that repeatedly-bumped thread is targetted at one specific group or "side". It takes two to tango, etc etc, and I know Kirk himself isn't shy about sharing his opinion that his "face doesn't fit" with the mods / admins. Everyone here gets personal at times. That's what elevates the discussion ABOVE the bland, cold, clinical discussions you get on larger forums. Kirk's not above peppering his own posts with personal comments and amusing "threats" / brags either but that's half... or... maybe about 3/4... of the enjoyment! All of this whining and looking for forum staff to step in will end up breaking the place. Trust me. I've been an avid forum user since 1998 and I've seen plenty of them collapse under the strain of pettiness, including my own.
Old 20-10-2016, 10:01 AM #114
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I'n actually very busy at this moment, but you can be sure that I WILL be on to answer you and others on here very soon.
Old 20-10-2016, 10:41 AM #115

Enough is enough! Stop this constant bickering it's always the same people ruining this section for everyone else.

This is aimed at all that's involved in these discussions, if the blatant baiting and sniping doesn't stop I will ban all involved and close the threads.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
black, media, n01, prosecution, suggests, trump, white, witnesses