Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-12-2016, 08:55 PM #76
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star Monkey View Post
Exactly.Views or stances can't be challenged if people are banned from airing them.Nothing would ever be solved or discussed if life was that way.I thought Universities were supposed to be a place for debate and free thinking and forming ones own conclusions based on information given.Not as it seems in some cases hives of single minded group think with no room for growth or forming conclusions for yourself.
Do you mean like daily mail readers?
Old 29-12-2016, 09:16 PM #77
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
When I respond to one of your posts, or anyone's post come to that, depending on what has been said, I will include in my reply things said it previous threads if I feel it relevant to something being said in the current post, there is nothing to say a response to a post has to relate word for word to that post. We are all screwed if there is.

In my opinion you have dismissed the opinions of others with the use of certain put-down words in the past which makes you fair game for the same treatment. Such words are used to intimidate as they are generally considered offensive. Denial is fruitless.

Your initial post may not have named names but people are not stupid and can see the correlation between things said in previous posts to comments made in your post. Of course I don't remember every word I say, who does, you certainly don't as is evident by your previous denial of using the word bigot etc, in the past. I am however capable of keeping a general track of the gist of what I say.

I find it quite laughable that you don't see how we are all influenced by our opinions by how we interpret the words of others and how we respond to them and read into them what we do, you are no less guilty of that than anyone else.

Once again I do remember certain things said previously, some things stick in your mind because of their annoyance factor, but as already stated a hundred times I have no intention of spending my time trawling through previous threads to prove something to you, you would find some way of dismissing/excusing it anyway.
So basically you've made more accusations that you aren't willing to back up and you read too much into a post that was unrelated to you and now you think it's about you. Okay, that's reasonable...
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-12-2016, 09:27 PM #78
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Corbynmas View Post
I don't remember anyone saying that though do you?... which is odd because as you say that is an example of where that could be used in context, however what happened was many agreed she was wrong to hold the opinion she had.
The only time I see the 'PC gorn maaad' is when it's leveled at a view that is considered to be 'liberal' or 'progressive'.
No...a lot of people fell over themselves to call her transphobic from what I have seen about it. I kinda understand it, but I don't at the same time...its an odd topic.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-12-2016, 09:51 PM #79
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
No...a lot of people fell over themselves to call her transphobic from what I have seen about it. I kinda understand it, but I don't at the same time...its an odd topic.
Well yes they did, sorry I didn't explain that very well, there was a huge backlash and accusations of being transphobic, what I was trying to make a point of is that it wasn't seen as a PC gone mad thing to admonish her for that.
Even though in essence it was...
My feeling is the PC gone mad accusation only ever goes from right to left, that is said by right leaning people to left leaning people, not from left to left or left to right.
Old 29-12-2016, 09:57 PM #80
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
How would you know who falsely claims offense though? Its an entirely personal thing and something that is not offensive to many may be very offensive to one.

Though I tend to be of the opinion that if I take offense to something someone says thats my problem. Again, I don't expect someone to censor themselves for my benefit, but I feel I should have the right to reply also.
false accusers should be imprisoned for a very very very long time....ONLY this will reduce the massive amount of false accusations of racism , sexism , discrimination , which in turn is destroying freedom of speech
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-12-2016, 09:59 PM #81

Quote:
Well yes they did, sorry I didn't explain that very well, there was a huge backlash and accusations of being transphobic, what I was trying to make a point of is that it wasn't seen as a PC gone mad thing to admonish her for that.

My feeling is the PC gone mad accusation only ever goes from right to left, that is said by right leaning people to left leaning people, not from left to left or left to right.
What makes it something that was an example of 'PC gone mad' though? Compared to other situations where people say that. Regardless of whether or not someone agrees with her views surely it can be seen that a lot of people would be understandably offended by them?

Edit:

She referred to sex reassignment surgery as an 'act of violence', she said that transgender women can't be women, she trivialised the whole process as chopping off your dick and wearing a dress, and she compared transgender people to if someone wanted to become an animal. I think it's fair enough that people (and especially transgender people) might be offended by that tbh.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras

Last edited by Jamie89; 29-12-2016 at 10:05 PM.
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-12-2016, 10:02 PM #82
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
false accusers should be imprisoned for a very very very long time....ONLY this will reduce the massive amount of false accusations of racism , sexism , discrimination , which in turn is destroying freedom of speech
I agree with this however it would be far too hard to put into action and extremely hard to prove. I guess the only times I can think of that it could be done is, for example, someone started a fight, lost, called the police to say it was a racist attack...but cctv proved otherwise. And I really doubt that kind of situation is common..
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 29-12-2016, 10:03 PM #83
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Ahh yes I get you now.
Quote:
Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
freedom, offend, speech