Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 31-05-2017, 06:34 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default Will a labour win ruin the economy again

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...r-ruin-economy

Thought this relevant and a reminder of what a catastrophe an overspending labour government can be.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 07:09 AM #2
-

-

iiiit's groundhog daaaay.

No

Because the economy was ruined by a global collapse caused recklessness in the finance and banking industries.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 31-05-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 07:21 AM #3
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

No

Because the economy was ruined by a global collapse caused recklessness in the finance and banking industries.
They all try that one. That was only part of it. Labour failed to regulate the banks properly and overspent - the combination of those two things ruined the economy.

We'll be at least halfway there if Corbyn's' manifesto policies are anything to go by. Spend, spend and more spend.

The fact the the tories didn't do that the lefties would have us believe is due to their perverted wish to make the lives of the 'poor' even poorer. Just more ludicrous Tory bashing melodramatics.

Last edited by Brillopad; 31-05-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 07:45 AM #4
-

-

If you think we wouldn't have ended up in the same economic position under the Conservatives, you are mistaken. If anything, Blair's labour had more in common with the Tories than with the current Labour party.
Old 31-05-2017, 08:04 AM #5
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

I predict money will be replaced by credit.
You will earn credit and spend credit.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 08:47 AM #6

Quote:
If you think we wouldn't have ended up in the same economic position under the Conservatives, you are mistaken. If anything, Blair's labour had more in common with the Tories than with the current Labour party.
It likely would of been worse because the Cons predecessors also tolerated a regulation regime and a financial sector that allowed the global financial crisis to have a particularly damaging effect on the UK economy. https://mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/2...dnt-crash.html

Whilst the Cons are busy blaming Brown for the crash, they haven't deviated off his path, but they have stopped growth potential with 'austerity squeeze' and 'deregulation' and they're doing this with no risk aversion in place. This means, when the housing bubble bursts again, and it will, its going to be much worse than the last one. The Cons learnt nothing from the world crash and that's frightening.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 31-05-2017 at 08:47 AM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 08:47 AM #7
Sod orf

Sod orf

Working rights and opportunities of the working-class were decimated during the 3 terms of the Labour government. Once upon a time, the unskilled workforce had the right to sick pay, holiday pay and the opportunity to progress within the company they were employed in whenever the opportunity arose. But, within the Labour years, the agency worker came into being and all those working rights and opportunities disappeared because companies and businesses were given the choice of employing an unskilled worker full-time (who had the right to sick pay and holiday pay) to do the menial tasks or an unskilled agency worker who could do the same menial tasks who they could discard whenever they choose. And what do you think the companies and businesses chose? That's right, the agency worker! Well done, Labour! The party of the working-class that ****ed the working-class more than any other political party has ever done!

Once upon a time the unskilled working-class had rights and opportunities, but when Labour came into power all that disintegrated. The agency worker replaced the working-class thanks to the Labour Party! And to make matters worse, the Labour Party let an over-whelming influx of unskilled migrant workers come into the country and legitimately fight for the unskilled agency employment positions that the working-class once had working rights and opportunities to progress. We actually have agencies that are there simply to cater for unskilled migrant workers seeking work and competing for positions with the local working-class. Well done, Labour! You sure know how to look after your own!!!!!!

Last edited by Alf; 31-05-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 08:52 AM #8

The previous Labour government followed their predecessors, the Cons. Blair and Brown were both Tory lights. They were doing the same thing as the Tories before them and Cameron carried on in Browns footsteps after the crash. To say otherwise is naive.

I would never of voted for Blair or Brown because they were skunks who turned left wing politics into Tory politics. They are not the Labour party we see today.
Old 31-05-2017, 09:00 AM #9
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Its pretty cool how people are talking about a possible labour win. Tories landslide win has dissolved into a potential loss to some it seems
Old 31-05-2017, 09:03 AM #10

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
They all try that one. That was only part of it. Labour failed to regulate the banks properly and overspent - the combination of those two things ruined the economy.

We'll be at least halfway there if Corbyn's' manifesto policies are anything to go by. Spend, spend and more spend.

The fact the the tories didn't do that the lefties would have us believe is due to their perverted wish to make the lives of the 'poor' even poorer. Just more ludicrous Tory bashing melodramatics.
Dont forget that garden tax Corbyn never mentioned which could triple council tax that has to be paid,wonder how many more gems like that he has on his ipad.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 09:04 AM #11
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Also no @ op. Taxing corporations will get you billions, obviously (basic maths and logic). those billions will be spent on stuff. The only people who think this is bad are people who own those corporations, and those that blindly follow what those corporations have to say.
Old 31-05-2017, 09:20 AM #12
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Dont forget that garden tax Corbyn never mentioned which could triple council tax that has to be paid,wonder how many more gems like that he has on his ipad.
Quote:
According to those who have done the math 1.83% of value would raise the same sums as Council tax leaving 83% of households better off.
Quote:
"I welcome any proposals which move the burden of taxation towards developers and large land owners who have made huge profits out of rising land values in the capital and away from many hard working people on lower and middle incomes." The land tax was not only winning backing on the Left of the party but also among more moderate Lib-Dem MPs
Its targetting people that own acres of spare land, Kaz. You make it sound like the tories' bedroom tax or something haha.

Last edited by Withano; 31-05-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 09:35 AM #13
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...r-ruin-economy

Thought this relevant and a reminder of what a catastrophe an overspending labour government can be.
yes of course they always have done
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 09:48 AM #14
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Its targetting people that own acres of spare land, Kaz. You make it sound like the tories' bedroom tax or something haha.
I've given up Withano.

Despite all the evidence,hardship of austerity over the last 7 years which was supposed to be for 5 years max.
Now going to go on for another 5 years again.
Despite the humiliating testing and heartless policies towards people sick and disabled.
It seems in the UK there are those who don't care a jot for that cruelty and failure.

Also clear,is everything Labour propose or have done is and was wrong.
While the Cons can fail,at to the debt level,borrow,keep on with failed austerity measures,even get round to bringing back a hunting bill as to foxes,Deers and hare coursing.

Yet get pats on the back for all that failure.With support posing like a waterfall.

In this election, voters voting for this truly horrible cruel woman,warrant all they will get as to more failure from her deceptive policies.
I really despair but see no point at all myself anyway, in trying to reason.

Let that all happen.
I have never ever liked or trusted Mrs May since coming across her.
She is a total liar.
I make a lot of judgements on people the way they would treat or have animals treated.
This woman is truly vile.

Really it leaves one in despair at the way there are voters who would permit and reward failure and allow suffering to take place even more towards the sick and disabled.
Worse still that some will defend such policies, or say the policies are wrong but then will vote for more of them.
Really a sad indictment on UK politics.
For me personally a disgrace but reasoning seems near impossible now.
So I give up.

I am voting Labour to hopefully end this last 7 years failure and heartlessness across the board..
Hoping too,I never give any tiny chance of a hunting bill being legalised again too.
I'd hope voters see the light but reading things here I doubt that completely now.

The Cons sure know how to con and get away with it too.
This rotten deceitful leader they have,a total perfectionist at lying and deceit too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 10:00 AM #15
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I've given up Withano.

Despite all the evidence,hardship of austerity over the last 7 years which was supposed to be for 5 years max.
Despite the humiliating testing and heartless policies towards people sick and disabled.
It seems in the UK there are those who don't care a jot for that cruelty and failure.

While the Cons can fail,at to the debt level,borrow,keep on with failed austerity measures,even get round to bringing back a hunting bill as to foxes,Deers and hare coursing.

Yet get pats on the back for all that failure.With support posing like a waterfall.

In this election, voters voting for this truly horrible cruel woman,warrant all they will get as to more failure from her deceptive policies.

Let that all happen.
She is a total liar.
I make a lot of judgements on people the way they would treat or have animals treated.

Really it leaves one in despair at the way there are voters who would permit and reward failure and allow suffering to take place even more towards the sick and disabled.
Worse still that some will defend such policies, or say the policies are wrong but then will vote for more of them.
So I give up.

I am voting Labour to hopefully end this last 7 years failure and heartlessness across the board..
Hoping too,I never give any tiny chance of a hunting bill being legalised again too.
I'd hope voters see the light but reading things here I doubt that completely now.

This rotten deceitful leader they have,a total perfectionist at lying and deceit too.
I completely agree Joey, there are some excellent policies going to go to waste for the sake of believing May is strong and stable.
The papers don't help. Corporations will be hit hard under Labour, and so they bloody well should at long last. Their media outlets are simply leading people on to believe that they too will be effected, which is just not the case.

The way I see it is, its a battle between great policies and smeer campaigns versus terrible policies with corporate backing and funding.
The terrible policies is winning at the moment, but more and more people are fact checking the papers

Last edited by Withano; 31-05-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 10:03 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I've given up Withano.

Let that all happen.
She is a total liar.

So I give up.

It's as simple as this Joey people will champion the people they like,some like May others like Corbyn,no amount of trying to push ones opinions on to others will change their minds unless they are willing to do so,I am not overkeen on May,much prefered Cameron,I don't dislike Corbyn,but like you with May,I find something untrustworthy about him, it's just different situations for different people,no one is conning me ,TM has made a bit of a balls up with the manifesto,but for me she is still the better option,but it wont affect me too much as I will not be voting due to the fox hunting issue,If Corbyn wins I hope he is everything you deem him to be.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 11:54 AM #17
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I completely agree Joey, there are some excellent policies going to go to waste for the sake of believing May is strong and stable.
The papers don't help. Corporations will be hit hard under Labour, and so they bloody well should at long last. Their media outlets are simply leading people on to believe that they too will be effected, which is just not the case.

The way I see it is, its a battle between great policies and smeer campaigns versus terrible policies with corporate backing and funding.
The terrible policies is winning at the moment, but more and more people are fact checking the papers
Indeed,it becomes depressing really.
Really sad for politics and moreso for the United Kingdom as a whole.
Especially those at the lowest end,who are weaker,poorer,sick and disabled.
Then this govt claims tthe UK to be one of the richest and strongest economies in the World.

Yet treats it's sick,disabled and weakest like 5th rate citizens.
Shocking and a total disgrace,to me anyway.
Really shameful.

Last edited by joeysteele; 31-05-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 31-05-2017, 12:23 PM #18
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:

No

And Labour didn't mismanage the economy at all.

Makes me laugh to think that even Labour admitted to mismanaging the economy and yet supporters have already forgotten and with hindsight can blame the world recession.

The economy would have been under strain but you have to remember that Labour mismanaged the economy EVERY TIME they get in.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 12:24 PM #19
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Labour hate Britain and wish to destroy it

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 12:29 PM #20
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And Labour didn't mismanage the economy at all.

Makes me laugh to think that even Labour admitted to mismanaging the economy and yet supporters have already forgotten and with hindsight can blame the world recession.

The economy would have been under strain but you have to remember that Labour mismanaged the economy EVERY TIME they get in.
Blair's labour did mismanage the economy, with the same neo-liberal policies that made Blair's labour so similar to the Tories. It was a global mismanagement / mistake. The conservatives would have made EXACTLY the same mistakes.
Old 31-05-2017, 12:30 PM #21
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Blair's labour did mismanage the economy, with the same neo-liberal policies that made Blair's labour so similar to the Tories. It was a global mismanagement / mistake. The conservatives would have made EXACTLY the same mistakes.
So Labour mismanaged the economy because they were like Tories Lite.

Well, that's a new one.
Old 31-05-2017, 12:32 PM #22
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Actually likely worse.
The Cons between 2005 and 2010 would have regulated the Banks less.
They said Labour were regulating the Banks too much.

That's something Con diehard supporters conveniently gloss over.
Old 31-05-2017, 12:33 PM #23
-

-

Quote:
So Labour mismanaged the economy because they were like Tories Lite.

Well, that's a new one.
A new one? ...is it? Have you... have you heard of neo-liberalism?
Old 31-05-2017, 12:35 PM #24
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
A new one? ...is it? Have you... have you heard of neo-liberalism?
Are you having a discussion with me or is this one of your soliloquies?
Old 31-05-2017, 12:44 PM #25
-

-

Quote:
Are you having a discussion with me or is this one of your soliloquies?
I'm genuinely confused as to whether or not you understand the specific "bad policies" that lead to the recession both here and abroad, I would imagine you DO know that it's not the old "too much immigrants and benefits" strawman, and that it was specifically policies relating to irresponsible financial activity and lending. That's not an opinion, it's a fact, the global recession isn't "some mystery with lots of opinions about possible causes" - we know how and why it happened.

The policies that allowed it to happen were Neoliberal policies. Thatcher policies, Blair policies, Camerosborne policies. Classically, Tory policies. So yes... "Labour mismanaged the economy because they were like Tories Lite."

That's not "a new one", it's what happened. Blair took Thatcher's ball and ran with it, and it ended badly.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 31-05-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
economy, labour, ruin, win