Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:46 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default A message for the young who lack understanding of what they voted for

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenter...s-a-brexiteer/

Corbyn has been a life-long Brexiteer since 1975. He has indeed jumped into bed with the tories to vote for a referendum in the past. Young voters rallied to vote in the Election after regrets over failing to vote in the referendum - Why? He is a lifelong Brexiteer.

What was the point?

Even his one true fan on here failed to understand that - it was all clearly a diversion tactic by some just to get more votes for Corbyn.

What respect for the young, to be used like that! Shame on them.

Last edited by Brillopad; 02-07-2017 at 07:27 AM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:59 AM #2
User banned

User banned

he wasnt honest enough to admit it, everyone with experience knew he was radically opposed to the EU for 40 years then 1 year into being labour leader he claimed he was for the EU? spineless
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:10 AM #3

This is old, old news! Its no secret that Corbyn has always wanted to come out of Europe but as Leader of the Labour Party, he knows, unlike May, that he's not a one man band. All of this was discussed to death prior to the last election, so if you find this news shocking and treacherous, I suggest you keep more up to date on political affairs.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:20 AM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
This is old, old news! Its no secret that Corbyn has always wanted to come out of Europe but as Leader of the Labour Party, he knows, unlike May, that he's not a one man band. All of this was discussed to death prior to the last election, so if you find this news shocking and treacherous, I suggest you keep more up to date on political affairs.
Well said DR.

Still I expect to come across this old chestnut many times more unfortunately.

While glossing over the twists and turns of the present PM,her Cabinet and many of her MPs too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:23 AM #5
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I was aware, but why, if they felt bad about not voting in the referendum, which was purely about Brexit, did they bother to make a big point of rallying round to vote in the election - when Brexit was already a done deal and Corbyn wanted it as much as any leaver.

If they were thinking of Brexit - it was pointless. If not, why all the hysterical garbage about the young who missed the boat on the referendum coming out to vote in the election - it had bugger all to do with Brexit. It was an entirely different vote as the chance was gone and JC was one of it's biggest supporters. Neither does he want a soft Brexit. So?

With Corbyn we simply get a hard Brexit - with open borders from both inside and outside the EU. A free-for-all. Bearing in mind one of the main reasons many voted for Brexit was to have control over our own borders it would be a complete betrayal. The young, many of whom simply rallied to the call, carried away on a wave of ' Youth power' and actually knew little of the why's and wherefore, were blind-sided by JC to get him in as PM. His motives transparent and disingenuous.

Hard Brexit, open borders and financial deficits and bankruptcy due to over-spending thanks to JC would be our future.

I suggest you read things better.

Last edited by Brillopad; 02-07-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:27 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I was aware, but why, if they felt bad about not voting in the referendum, which was purely about Brexit, did they bother to make a big point of rallying round to vote in the election - when Brexit was already a done deal and Corbyn wanted it as much as any leaver.

If they were thinking of Brexit - it was pointless. If not, why all the hysterical garbage about the young who missed the boat on the referendum coming out to vote in the election - it had bugger all to do with Brexit. It was an entirely different vote as the chance was gone and JC was one of it's biggest supporters. Neither does he want a soft Brexit. So?

With Corbyn we simply get a hard Brexit - with open borders from both inside and outside the EU. A free-for-all. Bearing in mind one of the main reasons many voted for Brexit was to have control over our own borders it would be a complete betrayal.

Hard Brexit, open borders and financial deficits and bankruptcy due to over-spending thanks to JC would be our future.

I suggest you read things better.
And I suggest you don't do your homework with bias sources

1. Labour accepts free movement has to end but it is attracted to a model under which any EU citizen with the offer of a job could come to work in the UK.

2. Labour’s flexibility on free movement means it could be in a stronger position than the Conservatives to negotiate privileged access to the single market in talks with the EU.

3. Labour leaves a chink of light over Britain staying in the customs union. Mrs May would definitely pull the UK out.

4. Labour appears more accommodating than the Tories towards the European Court of Justice

The Labour manifesto pledged to remove Britain from the single market and no ECJ or Free movement.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:34 AM #7
0_o

0_o

I don't think they were voting against the referendum result..but the referendum result and the news afterwards about how if more young voted the result would have been very different showed them that their vote can actually make a huge difference, as such they were more motivated to actually vote.

If they were voting to change the referendum result, they would have voted lib dem
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:44 AM #8
User banned

User banned

Quote:
And I suggest you don't do your homework with bias sources

1. Labour accepts free movement has to end but it is attracted to a model under which any EU citizen with the offer of a job could come to work in the UK.

2. Labour’s flexibility on free movement means it could be in a stronger position than the Conservatives to negotiate privileged access to the single market in talks with the EU.

3. Labour leaves a chink of light over Britain staying in the customs union. Mrs May would definitely pull the UK out.

4. Labour appears more accommodating than the Tories towards the European Court of Justice

The Labour manifesto pledged to remove Britain from the single market and no ECJ or Free movement.
I note you keep saying that Labour accepts this and that but does JC. Besides some of those are not necessarily what many Brexit supporters want.

Personally I don't trust him and if he were to get in power I think he would be more inclined to force his own opinions through rather than listening to what Labour wanted if he disagreed.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:54 AM #9
-

-

Because in Britain we vote for parties not presidents. Ms May forgot that during her election campaigning - the rest of the country did not.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:54 AM #10

Brexit had nothing to do with the surge in youth vote. Having a genuine man who connects to people and doesn't treat them as if they are some burden to him is what created the loyalty. That and the hatchet job from the media and opponents that you could clearly see through with some deeper research than the rags and BBC. People love to rally behind a good person getting **** from "The Man"

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:21 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I note you keep saying that Labour accepts this and that but does JC. Besides some of those are not necessarily what many Brexit supporters want.

Personally I don't trust him and if he were to get in power I think he would be more inclined to force his own opinions through rather than listening to what Labour wanted if he disagreed.
Let me reassure you. May is not the template for future governments in this country.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:25 AM #12
Banned

Banned

Considering the coalition we've been saddled with, I think this thread is better aimed at people who voted Tory, especially the ones that did so because they believe Corbyn to be a terrorist sympathising traitor when May spent Ł1billion of public funds to bribe a party with actual terrorist links.

If you want to say that a group of people didn't understand what they voted for then look at the working and middle classes that voted for the Tories.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:16 PM #13
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Corbyn was always a eurosceptic. May was always pro-EU. No remainers voted Labour because of Corbyns stance on the EU. No leavers voted Tories because of Mays stance on the EU.

Last edited by Withano; 02-07-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:20 PM #14
User banned

User banned

Judging by the students I talk to and I talk to a lot through business....They arent all blind to the fact corbyn is a very dangerous irresponsible man. Not because the daily mail says so, but because his track record proves it.

Last edited by the truth; 02-07-2017 at 01:20 PM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:02 PM #15

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
Judging by the students I talk to and I talk to a lot through business....They arent all blind to the fact corbyn is a very dangerous irresponsible man. Not because the daily mail says so, but because his track record proves it.
Yes, he's dangerous and irresponsible.

As Sarah Vine wrote:
Quote:
He remains the eternal student politician, a firebrand fantasist who has never actually has to operate in the real world of politics, never had to make the tough choices that inevitably come with power, never had to accept responsibility for situations over which he has no real control, never has to make unpopular decisions for the greater good of the nation.
He appeals to the young and the impressionable because he not only sprouts the same political platitudes but also, like them, he has not yet grown up.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:26 PM #16
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Yes, he's dangerous and irresponsible.

As Sarah Vine wrote:
Sarah Vine talks sense - a very apt description of someone who talks the talk but has never actually walked the walk. Always easy to criticise when you haven't actually been there.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:48 PM #17

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

My message would be well done for voting.
The more people that vote the better.
I should imagine the young based the vote on what they felt was right, for them and the country, the same as the older people did.
As much as I don't care for Corbyn I can see the appeal he has for people who want change.
If nothing else the election will keep the Tories on their toes and they will have to be careful whose toes they step on, can't be a bad thing for democracy.
That coming from a Tory voter.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:33 PM #18
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
My message would be well done for voting.
The more people that vote the better.
I should imagine the young based the vote on what they felt was right, for them and the country, the same as the older people did.
As much as I don't care for Corbyn I can see the appeal he has for people who want change.
If nothing else the election will keep the Tories on their toes and they will have to be careful whose toes they step on, can't be a bad thing for democracy.
That coming from a Tory voter.
Thank you Smudgie, that was a very sincere comment and I agree denigrating young people because you disagree with who they voted for is wrong, it's a patronising supercilious attitude to take to simply umbrella all the young Corbyn supporters, who incidentally range as the most popular candidate in the 18-45 age range as having a lack of understanding.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:19 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Thank you Smudgie, that was a very sincere comment and I agree denigrating young people because you disagree with who they voted for is wrong, it's a patronising supercilious attitude to take to simply umbrella all the young Corbyn supporters, who incidentally range as the most popular candidate in the 18-45 age range as having a lack of understanding.
It most certainly is wrong.
The fault lies with 'Unlimited Cash Corbyn'. The magic money trees in his allotment will not bear the fruit that he has assured his avid followers will produce a bountiful harvest and give them enduring sustenance. Beware false prophets, you young'uns.

Last edited by jet; 03-07-2017 at 10:42 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 AM #20
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
The fault lies with 'Unlimited Cash Corbyn'. The magic money trees in his allotment will not bear the fruit that he has assured his avid followers will produce a bountiful harvest and give them enduring sustenance. Beware false prophets, you young'uns.
Not that anyone takes nonsensical soundbite statements like this seriously...
You would have to have the naivety of an adolescent to fall for the non argument that the tories cannot fund what are undoubtedly essential services because they don't have a 'magic money tree'.

It was made all the more ridiculous when they bought the DUP vote, that was using 'new money' which means quantitative easing..Which means they asked to print some more money, putting the country in more debt to stay in power.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:48 PM #21

Quote:
How do you think the economy works?

We are constantly being told by this current neoliberal government, that for them to spend they either need to borrow or tax... hence, austerity. Well its time our government stopped lying about this because tax is used to give value to the pound and government borrowing is from the Bank of England, which is government owned!! It has a license to print money.

Hard to get your head round? of course it is and this is why so many people are happily being conned. Look at it this way; if you owed your personal debt to yourself, would you be concerned with repaying it? of course not because its meaningless. The national debt is loaned by the government to the government and because they own it, its meaningless, it never needs to be repaid and so to suggest we can't have the things Corbyn has promised is a lie.

The government can carry on spending without consequence providing the economy can absorb that spending. Too much money creates inflation, so we never put more money into the economy than can be soaked up.

If you research through the correct channels you will understand that national debt can be cancelled because fiat money is nothing more than a belief system.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 03-07-2017 at 02:49 PM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
lack, message, understanding, voted, young