Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 15-07-2017, 11:24 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default EU willing to compromise on free movement

http://news.sky.com/story/eu-leaders...blair-10949255

Interesting development as long as it would be a reasonable compromise.

Thoughts!
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:31 AM #2

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
http://news.sky.com/story/eu-leaders...blair-10949255

Interesting development as long as it would be a reasonable compromise.

Thoughts!
Thoughts are, Mr. Blair doesn't want us out of Europe, we all know his 'truth' and facts.
I for one never voted for Brexit simply to stop free movement, David Cameron couldn't get enough compromise when he tried, so we had a referendum, lets ruddy stick to it.
We want to rule ourselves and not be accountable to the EU or be dictated to by them.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:42 AM #3
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Thoughts are, Mr. Blair doesn't want us out of Europe, we all know his 'truth' and facts.
I for one never voted for Brexit simply to stop free movement, David Cameron couldn't get enough compromise when he tried, so we had a referendum, lets ruddy stick to it.
We want to rule ourselves and not be accountable to the EU or be dictated to by them.
Tend to agree with that. Just thinking that as is was such a big issue in the referendum I wondered how many would see it as a viable compromise.
Old 15-07-2017, 11:49 AM #4

No
BLAIR is History he can FECK OFF
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 12:15 PM #5
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
No
BLAIR is History he can FECK OFF
Can't stand Blair myself Arista - and don't want want him anywhere near future politics. But interested whether people would be up for EU compromise on migration numbers.
Old 15-07-2017, 12:47 PM #6
User banned

User banned

the eu are soooo desperate to keep us...we must not falter now. the eu is a disaster and they are totally corrupt wasteful corporate lackeys who destroy small businesses and sovereignty
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:24 PM #7

Quote:
Can't stand Blair myself Arista - and don't want want him anywhere near future politics. But interested whether people would be up for EU compromise on migration numbers.

EU said NO

Corbyn does not want Blair involved
Amazing now, though Blair backs Corbyn.

Blair is not in Power
has NO Authority
thats the point
Old 15-07-2017, 11:30 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
the eu are soooo desperate to keep us...we must not falter now. the eu is a disaster and they are totally corrupt wasteful corporate lackeys who destroy small businesses and sovereignty

Yes
thats we are Out by 2019 March

both Corbyn Labour and Conservative agree

Blair has NO Authority
just TV/Radio interviews
whenever he says
Old 16-07-2017, 12:32 AM #9

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
RPDR UK 2: Ginny Lemon

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
Your knowledge regarding the EU is almost up to par with your knowledge of Politics and Law.

Brexit will destroy the economy (amongst other things) of the UK. Our economy isn't in a great state as it is but this will be nothing compared to the economic crash we'll experience once we're properly out of the EU, especially if Theresa May survives long enough to be at the helm through the 'negotitations'. If it goes anything like her 'guaranteed landslide' Election victory that she ballsed right up recently then Britain is doomed.

Hopefully the powers that be will see sense and stop the madness before it's too late.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 02:50 AM #10

"Brexit will destroy the economy (amongst other things) of the UK."

NO JTM
it will transform our Economy
whoever is on power 2022.

AsdaWalmart
will import USA VEG
cheaper than the new tax EU ones.

M&S
will use Israel Veg

FECK , FECK EU
Old 16-07-2017, 03:41 AM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

You do realize that it will cost us BILLIONS just to leave the EU right Arista ?

And then there's the many billions in subsidies and grants that we receive from the EU every year that we won't any more and the all Banks and Businesses/Companies that have left the UK in fear of the negative impact of Brexit and many more that will follow suit once we actually leave.

We'll be at far greater risk from terrorism too and crime as we will no longer have the same close links with Police Forces throughout Europe.

Those obsessed with 'Immigration' and closing our borders are gonna' be sorely dissappointed too because this just won't happen but for the many British people who like to come and go as they like and emigrate to Spain, France and Italy (amonst other European Countries) things will be far more difficult.

We stand to gain so little and lose so very, very much. It's going to be an absolute disaster for this country in so many ways!
Old 16-07-2017, 04:31 AM #12

"You do realize that it will cost us BILLIONS just to leave the EU right Arista ?"

You Are Aware that we can walk out
No Deal - no money paid.

There are many options
lets see what happens by 2019 March

I can handle a Walk Out
I love AsdaWalmart & M&S
And I trade with China and USA.

Feel The Force

Last edited by arista; 16-07-2017 at 04:32 AM.
Old 16-07-2017, 05:08 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

There's a lot of ''I'' in there. You should be thinking about the ''we'' as in the British people, the elderly, the poorest people. You know Asda and M&S aren't the most affordable places to shop.

'No Deal' really isn't a viable option at all under any circumstance and any political party knows that walking away without a deal would mean political suicide for them and financial devastation for the Country.

You seem to have a very simplistic idea of what leaving the EU will actually mean in real terms. Probably why we're in the mess we are right now.
Old 16-07-2017, 05:41 AM #14

AsdaWalmart
undercuts the Bigger Tesco.

And No Deal is in the Card Pack
the EU will not allow our deal
(no pick and mix permitted etc)
The Labour and Conservative
both want free trade
EU says NO.

So No Deal is Fine.

Sorry for all the "I"'s

And I am thinking of of the
Young in the England /Wales
they will get more WORK.
Or get no cash.

Poor Folk can ignore the M&S
and go to the AsdaWalmart
or Lidl or Aldi UK

Last edited by arista; 16-07-2017 at 05:42 AM.
Old 16-07-2017, 07:21 AM #15
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
You do realize that it will cost us BILLIONS just to leave the EU right Arista ?

And then there's the many billions in subsidies and grants that we receive from the EU every year that we won't any more and the all Banks and Businesses/Companies that have left the UK in fear of the negative impact of Brexit and many more that will follow suit once we actually leave.

We'll be at far greater risk from terrorism too and crime as we will no longer have the same close links with Police Forces throughout Europe.

Those obsessed with 'Immigration' and closing our borders are gonna' be sorely dissappointed too because this just won't happen but for the many British people who like to come and go as they like and emigrate to Spain, France and Italy (amonst other European Countries) things will be far more difficult.

We stand to gain so little and lose so very, very much. It's going to be an absolute disaster for this country in so many ways!

That is opinion , nothing more. Others will follow suit as many other EU countries want out, I have posted enough articles about it. If you think there are no Issues with the EU then you are blind. No-one knows for sure what will happen when we leave, except you it seems.

At least if we have to pay to get out, and we shouldn't as that is about the EU trying to stop us, it is a one-off payment unlike the 350bn a year we are paying in membership fees.

We and other EU countries are paying billions to immigrants, the vast majority of whom are on benefits and likely will remain so for years to come. Immigration is a shambles and contributing to destroying our economy. Yes we may need some migration economically but should only accept those we need, not those who will drain or resources. The demographics of Europe are changing significantly due to immigration and higher birth rates amongst past and future generations of migrants. People have every right to be concerned about that. Immigration issues won't go away and the issues will have to be addressed and will be.

Increased immigration increases terrorism as it allows many terrorists to get in this way.

https://www.defendevropa.org/2017/mi...any-june-2017/

https://www.defendevropa.org/2017/po...great-britain/

https://www.defendevropa.org/2017/po...ement-germany/

https://www.defendevropa.org/2017/po...k-netherlands/

'The powers that be' can't just stop Brexit - as that would be sticking two fingers up at democracy. A public vote can't just be ignored because the losers stamp their feet loud enough. Any future public votes on anything would count for nothing.

If people who have little regard for a public vote and think a public vote can be over-turned when it suits get their way - soon there won't even be a public vote and the public won't get a say in anything - it will all be down to governments and others in power, whatever party are in. That's a scary prospect. The people have had their say, information was provided and available to those who cared enough to bother to read. It is a done deal and those not happy need to stop whining.

It is actually the scaremongers and the refusal of those to accept a public vote, and move on and get on with coming together and getting the best deal we can for our country that are causing the problems and causing danage to our economy. Move on and get real - it is beyond boring.

Last edited by Brillopad; 16-07-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 16-07-2017, 09:12 AM #16
-

-

It's hard to simply "accept a public vote" when, for example, you know that some who voted for it believe that we are paying "£350 billion a year in membership fees" when the actual figure is £13 billion... And that's before the benefit from trade is taken into account. .

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 16-07-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 09:31 AM #17

"actual figure is £13 billion.."

Yes TS
that's OUR Cash

FECk FECK FECK

the EU

Last edited by arista; 16-07-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 16-07-2017, 09:43 AM #18
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's hard to simply "accept a public vote" when, for example, you know that some who voted for it believe that we are paying "£350 billion a year in membership fees" when the actual figure is £13 billion... And that's before the benefit from trade is taken into account. .
And you think £13 billion a year (>1bn a month) is nothing to be bothered about. It will be every month, and likely increase, for ever in theory.

There are so many variables, here that most are not aware of, so for any layman to simply state Brexit will be a disaster is not only untrue, because no-one knows, but simple, blatant scaremongering.

There have been predictions based on facts and figures from both sides - but Brexit is what was voted for and until people stop whining and pull together for a decent deal no-one will know.
Old 16-07-2017, 09:50 AM #19
-

-

Quote:
And you think £13 billion a year (>1bn a month) is nothing to be bothered about. It will be every month, and likely increase, for ever in theory.

There are so many variables, here that most are not aware of, so for any layman to simply state Brexit will be a disaster is not only untrue, because no-one knows, but simple, blatant scaremongering.

There have been predictions based on facts and figures from both sides - but Brexit is what was voted for and until people stop whining and pull together for a decent deal no-one will know.
I didn't say it's nothing to be bothered about but it is a debatable subject (e.g if you believe that membership brings more than 13bn a year into the UK condom in trade to offset that spend). It's a very different figure to 350bn a year which could never be compensated for.

I know you might not think so Brillo but getting your facts and figures at least half way correct is important if you want to be taken seriously. It's impossible to have an actual discussion of the facts when they're so wildly off.

Edit: my phone autocorrected "economy" to "condom" but it made me giggle so I'm not fixing it.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 16-07-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 16-07-2017, 10:01 AM #20
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I didn't say it's nothing to be bothered about but it is a debatable subject (e.g if you believe that membership brings more than 13bn a year into the UK condom in trade to offset that spend). It's a very different figure to 350bn a year which could never be compensated for.

I know you might not think so Brillo but getting your facts and figures at least half way correct is important if you want to be taken seriously. It's impossible to have an actual discussion of the facts when they're so wildly off.

Edit: my phone autocorrected "economy" to "condom" but it made me giggle so I'm not fixing it.
That was one figure which I was basing on the figure thrown around at Brexit. 13bn is still a fortune and the sentiment still applies.

The autocorrection on here is crap and instead of coming up with suitable possibilities comes up with bizarre unrelated words. Maybe it was a Freudian slip.

Last edited by Brillopad; 16-07-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 16-07-2017, 10:08 AM #21
-

-

Quote:
That was one figure which I was basing on the figure thrown around at Brexit. 13bn is still a fortune and the sentiment still applies.

The autocorrection on here is crap and instead of coming up with suitable possibilities comes up with bizarre unrelated words. Maybe it read your mind.
I think the figure you're thinking of was the 350 million a week figure (18bn a year) that was talked about in relation to the NHS. Which is closer to the real figure but doesn't factor in the EU money that is spent in the UK (4 or 5 billio, which brings the real fee down to 13bn).

Like I said, beyond that it depends on whether you believe that 13bn is then "money down the drain" or if you believe that membership brings in more than 13bn in trade revenue / other areas, which it almost certainly does. There's no real chance that Brexit will save us money in instant cash terms.
Old 16-07-2017, 10:19 AM #22

TS we can WALK OUT
pay Feck All.

Is good to have Options

They can charge tax on spanish veg
I will go to AsdaWalmart USA Veg cheaper
and M&S Israel imported veg - cheaper

Feck Feck the EU

Last edited by arista; 16-07-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 16-07-2017, 10:45 AM #23
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I think the figure you're thinking of was the 350 million a week figure (18bn a year) that was talked about in relation to the NHS. Which is closer to the real figure but doesn't factor in the EU money that is spent in the UK (4 or 5 billio, which brings the real fee down to 13bn).

Like I said, beyond that it depends on whether you believe that 13bn is then "money down the drain" or if you believe that membership brings in more than 13bn in trade revenue / other areas, which it almost certainly does. There's no real chance that Brexit will save us money in instant cash terms.
Aternatively we can do our own trade deals - have the profits and the £13bn.
Old 16-07-2017, 11:32 AM #24
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

And if other countries want free movement tied into trade deals what then?...
Old 16-07-2017, 11:53 AM #25
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
And if other countries want free movement tied into trade deals what then?...
As free movement means less secure borders and most EU countries have now had enough of unsecure borders and immigration I think many would be more concerned about that than free movement.

They could hardly fault the UK for not wanting open borders when they have experienced the down side of it and are threatening to close their borders.

Last edited by Brillopad; 16-07-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
compromise, eu, free, movement