Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 24-02-2018, 11:53 AM #301

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):

I predict

Spoiler:

Maggie will go to live somewhere by herself with the baby and only communicates with the group through Enid.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 12:30 PM #302

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
It’s weird how much I hated Lori when the first few seasons aired but in hindsight she was a bloody brilliant character. Flawed but brilliant.
I never really got the hate for her and we know she was team Shane so at least she had TASTE.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 01:02 PM #303

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
I never really got the hate for her and we know she was team Shane so at least she had TASTE.
Tea!
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 09:44 AM #304
-

-

Quote:
More accurately she was enjoying some Shane D when she thought her husband was dead and then when it turned out he wasn't, she dropped poor Shane like a cold bag of sick...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 10:00 AM #305
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I liked Lori too, yeah she was didn't deal with Shane well when Rick turned out to be alive but it was such a messed up situation.

She was actually really selfless and when she knew she was dying she never even gave a second thought to herself she just wanted Judith and Carl safe.
Old 25-02-2018, 11:39 AM #306
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
I liked Lori too, yeah she was didn't deal with Shane well when Rick turned out to be alive but it was such a messed up situation.

She was actually really selfless and when she knew she was dying she never even gave a second thought to herself she just wanted Judith and Carl safe.
Well they're her kids, it doesn't make her selfless, it makes her a mother

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 07:00 PM #307

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

About tonight's episode

Spoiler:

That was a great episode imo. It was nice we had the Kingdom moments to break up the relatively uneventful Sewer moments (and that's not a criticism - I adored each and every sewer moment but they'd be stuck if they tried to make an engaging, fully interesting story just about Carl saying good bye

That said, I as a tad annoyed we never saw the other survivors say good bye to Carl besides Siddiq, Michonne, Rick, and Judith? Yeah Daryl was like "wow you're the reason all these people are safe!" but he just walked off without even saying good bye
Even if he said goodbye beforehand it still would've been polite and nice to just say good bye

My bitterness aside, I LOVED that was got some scenes to explain what happened before the MSF. Somewhat of an explanation as to how the saviors escaped, how Carl got bit, and some lovely moments with Judith Oh and talking of explanations, it's nice that we finally saw Carl address his actions in the Season 3 finale

I LOVED the Judith scenes (the one with Negan too... wow) but it's still sad that Carl's not gonna be there to watch her grow

Overall, an episode with great acting, and while I was immensely satisfied with Carl's goodbyes to Rick, Michonne (I was hoping he'd call her mum or something but the "best friend" moment was cute ) and Siddiq, I'm still a tad mad we never saw him say his goodbyes to the people he saved/has been family/friends with
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 09:25 AM #308
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post
About tonight's episode

Spoiler:

That was a great episode imo. It was nice we had the Kingdom moments to break up the relatively uneventful Sewer moments (and that's not a criticism - I adored each and every sewer moment but they'd be stuck if they tried to make an engaging, fully interesting story just about Carl saying good bye

That said, I as a tad annoyed we never saw the other survivors say good bye to Carl besides Siddiq, Michonne, Rick, and Judith? Yeah Daryl was like "wow you're the reason all these people are safe!" but he just walked off without even saying good bye
Even if he said goodbye beforehand it still would've been polite and nice to just say good bye

My bitterness aside, I LOVED that was got some scenes to explain what happened before the MSF. Somewhat of an explanation as to how the saviors escaped, how Carl got bit, and some lovely moments with Judith Oh and talking of explanations, it's nice that we finally saw Carl address his actions in the Season 3 finale

I LOVED the Judith scenes (the one with Negan too... wow) but it's still sad that Carl's not gonna be there to watch her grow

Overall, an episode with great acting, and while I was immensely satisfied with Carl's goodbyes to Rick, Michonne (I was hoping he'd call her mum or something but the "best friend" moment was cute ) and Siddiq, I'm still a tad mad we never saw him say his goodbyes to the people he saved/has been family/friends with
Spoiler:

Why would he call Michonne mom? He had a mom and he was a teenager when him and Michonne got together, that would just be weird

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 27-02-2018, 09:32 AM #309
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Carl finally dead, my prayers have come true most dull character of TWD, now pls kill off boring Maggie as well and the whole Michonne/Rick romance is irritating me so much

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 09:42 AM #310
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

I was just starting to like Carl and they kill him off

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 27-02-2018, 12:39 PM #311
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post
About tonight's episode

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I agree, even though I think killing off Coral was premature... it somehow still managed to be structurally the best episode all season. Possibly for years . The pacing was right, the amount of things going on was right (just back and forth between Carl and The Kingdom, a straightforward narrative of each, not 10 million things going on at once!) the acting was generally excellent, and it was just a really well shot and executed episode in general. Gives me SOME hope, I guess? Especially as Gimple is no longer showrunner, though because he's been promoted apparently, rather than fired... but still, there's been a bit of a shake-up at the basic creative level which might lead to some good things.

Also... I say the acting was GENERALLY excellent... but, the close-up of Coral's face as he was being bitten was unintentionally hilarious for me. Like a daytime soap or something

Old 27-02-2018, 01:00 PM #312

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Spoiler:

I agree, even though I think killing off Coral was premature... it somehow still managed to be structurally the best episode all season. Possibly for years . The pacing was right, the amount of things going on was right (just back and forth between Carl and The Kingdom, a straightforward narrative of each, not 10 million things going on at once!) the acting was generally excellent, and it was just a really well shot and executed episode in general. Gives me SOME hope, I guess? Especially as Gimple is no longer showrunner, though because he's been promoted apparently, rather than fired... but still, there's been a bit of a shake-up at the basic creative level which might lead to some good things.

Also... I say the acting was GENERALLY excellent... but, the close-up of Coral's face as he was being bitten was unintentionally hilarious for me. Like a daytime soap or something

Spoiler:

YES It just had the perfect mixture. And yeah I completely agree, while I know this season is meant to be action packed, they certainly tried to fit too many stories into some stories. An example is episode 2 of this season - we saw Regina's outpost being attacked, Rick and Daryl attacking the office building, and Tara and Jesus' group attack the Satellite outpost And while these kinda action packed episodes are great, I do feel like we have too many and this episode managed to find just the right balance.
I agree though, if we get some more episodes like this The Walking Dead may have a chance of being objectively good again? But I can't get my hopes up

I must agree they're ridiculous but I do appreciate you can see him realise "oh ****". And Chandler's acting was superb in this episode despite the awkward faces he made at the start
Old 27-02-2018, 01:14 PM #313

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Spoiler:

Why would he call Michonne mom? He had a mom and he was a teenager when him and Michonne got together, that would just be weird
Spoiler:

Lowkey spoilers for the comics:
Spoiler:

Carl calls Andrea 'mom' in the comics after the timeskip, and yeah Carl was like 11? when Andrea and Rick got together but he's 13 in the comics when he starts calling Andrea mom, and Carl's currently about 14 in the TV show.
And while a year can make a lot of difference especially when young,
I don't think believe it would be too out there for Carl to have started calling Michonne his mum in a similar wa

Comics aside, Carl and Michonne have always had a mother-son relationship IMO. Even before Rick and Michonne got together - the absolute fear and worry she had for him when he lost his eye in No Way Out, how excited he is to see her on various occasions in season 4, how Michonne would always give him things like comics and I believe he got him a picture of his family for Judith? She certainly went out of her way for him and loved him more than anyone else (besides maybe Judith and Rick but it's not a competition )
I definitely think Michonne felt that mother-son bond, with the way she said "You're mine". And yeah it's possible she's referring to him being her "best friend", but she already said "you're mine too". "You're mine" being repeated,
without the 'too', makes it sounds like Carl is something more to her than a best friend - a son

And I definitely feel like Carl felt the same way. When he went out of his way to help Spencer put down Deana, Carl said "I'd do it for you" (or wtte).
Eh I don't know. It just definitely felt like there was more to them than 'best friends' and I wish that was acknowledged. Even if Carl said, "you're like a mum to me". I know she'd never replace the mum he had for the 12/13 years of his life and how she brought him and his sister into the world and how she supported him and guided him throughout the start of the apocalypse, but IMO there's no denying Michonne and Carl shared a more special bond than 'best friends'
Old 27-02-2018, 01:24 PM #314
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

But he has a mom, it would be insulting to her

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 28-02-2018, 01:47 PM #315
-

-

If Carl had called Michonne "Mom" I would have turned off the TV and deleted the ****ing file tbh. I can't imagine a worse moment of television . I'm still struggling with Rick and Michonne being together at all, it's ridiculous, there was never a hint of ANYTHING more than friendship / camaraderie between them! It came out of nowhere. They at least needed to built the relationship up over a season. Would have been OK if they were just banging but basically just as ****-buddies... but they went from no spark at all to "in love can't live without each other" out of nowhere. It's daft.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 28-02-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 28-02-2018, 02:14 PM #316
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Spoiler:

...for Lilbro....I guess the most Carl could have said was...I couldn’t have wished for a better ‘mum’ for Judith than you, my best friend, Michonne...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:16 AM #317
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Negan having a good side, and he's so right about Rick, i liked last night's episode

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:13 AM #318
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Spoiler:

..I just don’t know how such a successful series has become so ..I don’t care...in such a short space of time.....I just can’t emotionally invest or connect with any character anymore...even Michonne who has been a favourite for so long...she just felt so uninteresting in that episode.....it’s so weird...every episode and every season ending used to leave me so on edge for the next episode or series in anticipation...but atm it’s just leaving me feeling flat......the meat grinder scenes were so grim..so it keeps the grim but not the emotional connections, which have been felt...for me anyway...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:05 AM #319
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Yeah totally agree Ammi, if they cared about the series and not just about how much cash they raked in they should have made this one the last season but had lead up to the end seasons beforehand and ended it properly

Spoiler:

The fact that they've killed off most of the originals now bar Rick, Carol and Daryl (that's it I think?) and they've not replaced them with anyone that interesting, who do you actually root ffor anymore? Daryl they've ruined, Michonne they've ruined, she was enigmatic and a bad ass now she's like an apocalyptic stepford wife or something. carol is the only one still a bit interesting but I can feel them ruining her too. Then Carl who I hated with a passion since day one finally they start making him likeable and one of the best characters and then kill him off

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-03-2018, 09:35 AM #320
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well she was a Soap Opera character in a post-apocalyptic Horror show, imo a character that's just all about a love triangles and Romances deserves to be hated by the fans.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:38 AM #321

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
Spoiler:

Carl finally dead, my prayers have come true most dull character of TWD, now pls kill off boring Maggie as well and the whole Michonne/Rick romance is irritating me so much
The Rick and Michonne stuff has always been terrible tbf.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:11 AM #322
-

-

Again the episode itself was well made in terms of acting, structure and coherence which is a positive - it was well made TV again which it hasn't been for a while. However, I agree with the above in that many of the characters have been trashed and most of the new characters have been brought in to replace dead ones are frankly wafer-thin, and that's a pretty big problem. They need to focus on characters again.

Niamh:

Spoiler:

I thought you would have loved this episode... the Junk Yard Kids got turned into sausage meat! And Jadis was like "Ahh crap all my friends are dead and everyone else found the stupid talking thing annoying so now I'll have to talk like a normal person".

I did LOL at the reveal of why they spoke like that and what they were all about. The whole place was basically a pretentious art project ...
Old 07-03-2018, 10:15 AM #323
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Again the episode itself was well made in terms of acting, structure and coherence which is a positive - it was well made TV again which it hasn't been for a while. However, I agree with the above in that many of the characters have been trashed and most of the new characters have been brought in to replace dead ones are frankly wafer-thin, and that's a pretty big problem. They need to focus on characters again.

Niamh:

Spoiler:

I thought you would have loved this episode... the Junk Yard Kids got turned into sausage meat! And Jadis was like "Ahh crap all my friends are dead and everyone else found the stupid talking thing annoying so now I'll have to talk like a normal person".

I did LOL at the reveal of why they spoke like that and what they were all about. The whole place was basically a pretentious art project ...

Well yeah that was good alright,

Spoiler:

I was only shouting at the TV "WHY ARE YOU TALKING LIKE THAT " when Simon blew the whole lot of them away and then Jadis started talking like she wasn't living on planet Yoda anymore

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-03-2018, 11:00 AM #324
-

-

Simon proving once and for all that he's a better villain than Negan
Old 07-03-2018, 11:01 AM #325
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

He is actually a better villain tbf Negan is like a cartoon character

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
22, banned, club, dead, discusssion, ezekiel, fan, fanclub, king, list, niamh, oct, season, thread, trailer, walking