Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:43 PM #126
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Bringing commoners in lol

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:42 PM #127
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Wasn't the real reason he was made to abdicate because of his political leanings, we couldn't have a king who was siding with the enemy could we?
Old 04-01-2018, 10:00 AM #128
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
John Lewis is owned by the Chinese...And Debenhams in Leeds by an Islamic bank... Where is the inclusion of young British designers in these stores.. It might help for you to show me who the UK based designers are making UK produced clothes for the royals, I've looked but I don't see any.

She may have bought the dress herself, that wasn't my initial issue was it? I'm not policing anyone, just raising a philosophical argument surrounding the benefits of demonstrations of extreme wealth like this in the current economic climate for most in the UK.
Let's all dress in sack-cloth and be joyless because other people are richer than us.

Here's the thing: If you want a well-paid career you have to start early and plan. It's no good dicking around while you're at school, leaving with few qualifications, having a couple of kids, doing unskilled jobs, gain a degree in at forty and expect it to get you a job when there are women twenty years younger than you with the same degree... and then moan because you don't earn as much as other people. I barely looked up from my books until I was half way through uni; I missed out on a lot of stuff... but now, I have a great job, good salary, amazing benefits and enormous job satisfaction. And funnily enough I don't think the world owes me a living and I have no problem with people spending their own money however they want.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:01 AM #129
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Wasn't the real reason he was made to abdicate because of his political leanings, we couldn't have a king who was siding with the enemy could we?
That's a very unusual slant. Most people believe it was because Wallace Simpson was a divorcee... but I'd be really interested to see your evidence.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:54 PM #130
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
That was 1936 and the war was still in the future. At that time, Germany was not seen as an enemy, that came later after 1939 and the invasion of Poland.

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:13 PM #131
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Let's all dress in sack-cloth and be joyless because other people are richer than us.

Here's the thing: If you want a well-paid career you have to start early and plan. It's no good dicking around while you're at school, leaving with few qualifications, having a couple of kids, doing unskilled jobs, gain a degree in at forty and expect it to get you a job when there are women twenty years younger than you with the same degree... and then moan because you don't earn as much as other people. I barely looked up from my books until I was half way through uni; I missed out on a lot of stuff... but now, I have a great job, good salary, amazing benefits and enormous job satisfaction. And funnily enough I don't think the world owes me a living and I have no problem with people spending their own money however they want.
So your claims in relation to young British designers being supported in the stores you mentioned can't be backed up in fact?
I'm presuming that's what the mockery was for , as a distraction from the nonsense that was your earlier post?

Instead of sniping at my personal circumstances why not look at the bigger picture here, I'm not going to blow smoke up your arse Livia we have all heard tell of your scholarship to oxbridge... in reality who get's those privileges and in what capacity were you supported in facilitating that chance?

I know you would dearly love to think that it was ALL you but in fact there was a whole host of variables at play aside from your intellect, I'm not saying for a second anyone could have achieved what you have in fact the opposite your situation is as I'm sure you're aware phenomenally rare and getting rarer.
What are the life choices for intelligent children from working class backgrounds? they were never great and now they are terrible and getting worse.

The crux of this post is as flawed as the last, you infer that others on less don't have job satisfaction, or that they feel that 'the world' owes them something, making smug comments like this only serves to show you're complacent to those not as fortunate as yourself.

I'm I surprised? Not really. Did I expect you to understand my point in relation to this dress as a metaphor?... No.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:21 PM #132
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
That's a very unusual slant. Most people believe it was because Wallace Simpson was a divorcee... but I'd be really interested to see your evidence.
Google is your friend.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:22 PM #133
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
So your claims in relation to young British designers being supported in the stores you mentioned can't be backed up in fact?
I'm presuming that's what the mockery was for , as a distraction from the nonsense that was your earlier post?

Instead of sniping at my personal circumstances why not look at the bigger picture here, I'm not going to blow smoke up your arse Livia we have all heard tell of your scholarship to oxbridge... in reality who get's those privileges and in what capacity were you supported in facilitating that chance?

I know you would dearly love to think that it was ALL you but in fact there was a whole host of variables at play aside from your intellect, I'm not saying for a second anyone could have achieved what you have in fact the opposite your situation is as I'm sure you're aware phenomenally rare and getting rarer.
What are the life choices for intelligent children from working class backgrounds? they were never great and now they are terrible and getting worse.

The crux of this post is as flawed as the last, you infer that others on less don't have job satisfaction, or that they feel that 'the world' owes them something, making smug comments like this only serves to show you're complacent to those not as fortunate as yourself.

I'm I surprised? Not really. Did I expect you to understand my point in relation to this dress as a metaphor?... No.

I was an intelligent child from a working class background.

And please, don't feel you have to acknowledge the hard work and sacrifices I made to get to Cambridge, and the money it cost my working class parents. You just imagine that I slipped in quietly. I worked three jobs while I was at uni. And you know, I wasn't the only one. There were other people there who were from working class backgrounds and the one thing we all had in common was that we worked hard to get where we were.

Fortunate, yes... that's me. The harder I work the more fortunate I get. Funny how that works.

And Kizzy, I wasn't sniping and being personal. Everything I stated was a fact. When you first joined the forum you were unemployed, and you stayed unemployed for years. Is that not true? And now, after leaving school with not much, and after having a couple of kids and not doing your degree until you were older, you're dissatisfied with your job. And more, you think you can belittle my achievements by imagining I had some kind of fairy Godmother... but I didn't.

You have this whole "kill the rich" thing about your posts, because if someone's doing better than you then they MUST have had a hand up and a hand out. But you're wrong.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:23 PM #134
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Google is your friend.
No... it's YOUR friend.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:25 PM #135
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
That was 1936 and the war was still in the future. At that time, Germany was not seen as an enemy, that came later after 1939 and the invasion of Poland.
Shush Sticks, Google told her.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:38 PM #136
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I was an intelligent child from a working class background.

And please, don't feel you have to acknowledge the hard work and sacrifices I made to get to Cambridge, and the money it cost my working class parents. You just imagine that I slipped in quietly. I worked three jobs while I was at uni. And you know, I wasn't the only one. There were other people there who were from working class backgrounds and the one thing we all had in common was that we worked hard to get where we were.

Fortunate, yes... that's me. The harder I work the more fortunate I get. Funny how that works.

And Kizzy, I wasn't sniping and being personal. Everything I stated was a fact. When you first joined the forum you were unemployed, and you stayed unemployed for years. Is that not true? And now, after leaving school with not much, and after having a couple of kids and not doing your degree until you were older, you're dissatisfied with your job. And more, you think you can belittle my achievements by imagining I had some kind of fairy Godmother... but I didn't.

You have this whole "kill the rich" thing about your posts, because if someone's doing better than you then they MUST have had a hand up and a hand out. But you're wrong.
I made specific reference to those variables as well as directly suggesting you didn't achieve your goal on your merit alone Livia.
I'm dissatisfied with my salary, not my job... I haven't belittled your achievements at all, what I did was highlight how lucky you were even given your ability to succeed, there's a difference.

I don't have a 'kill the rich' thing :/ That is a gross misinterpretation!
All I have suggested is personally I don't feel that given the current economic climate for most in the UK wearing such an expensive gown was appropriate... That's it.

I don't have any ill will towards her or anyone else it was just that one instance and my own personal reaction to it, your analysis is unwarranted and baseless much like your previous posts in this thread.

Last edited by Kizzy; 04-01-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:40 PM #137
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Shush Sticks, Google told her.
Mock all you like Livia.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:09 PM #138
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I made specific reference to those variables as well as directly suggesting you didn't achieve your goal on your merit alone Livia.
I'm dissatisfied with my salary, not my job... I haven't belittled your achievements at all, what I did was highlight how lucky you were even given your ability to succeed, there's a difference.

I don't have a 'kill the rich' thing :/ That is a gross misinterpretation!
All I have suggested is personally I don't feel that given the current economic climate for most in the UK wearing such an expensive gown was appropriate... That's it.

I don't have any ill will towards her or anyone else it was just that one instance and my own personal reaction to it, your analysis is unwarranted and baseless much like your previous posts in this thread.
The second highlighted comment applies to the first highlighted comment. Anyhoo... back on topic...
Old 04-01-2018, 04:28 PM #139
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
The second highlighted comment applies to the first highlighted comment. Anyhoo... back on topic...
Yes get your last snipe in Liv.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:15 PM #140
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Ms Markle wore a Marks & Spencer sweatshirt to the royal engagement in Brixton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42619509

bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:37 PM #141
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post

Ms Markle wore a Marks & Spencer sweatshirt to the royal engagement in Brixton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42619509

Aw why not wear the 56k dress for a toby round Brixton? To talk about the rise in knife crime.. That was the focus of the article wasn't it? Not megs jumper...
Old 10-01-2018, 10:21 AM #142
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

She's damned if she does and she's damned if she doesn't.

Last edited by Livia; 10-01-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:39 PM #143
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

What she wears for me is irrelevant to my earlier arguments over her lack of suitability for marrying a member of the Royal Family.

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:48 PM #144
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
She's damned if she does and she's damned if she doesn't.
She's not damned either way, it's just a very striking contrast is all, there's noting wrong with highlighting that.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:20 AM #145
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I love the title of this thread
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:27 AM #146
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
She's not damned either way, it's just a very striking contrast is all, there's noting wrong with highlighting that.
This post sounds quite reasonable if it had been your only post on this thread.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:35 PM #147
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
This post sounds quite reasonable if it had been your only post on this thread.
Well luckily for you nobody is charging round the forum assessing the merit of each post.

Last edited by Kizzy; 29-01-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 01:30 PM #148
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
I couldn't be less interested, just another parasite.
Just for you though

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 02:15 PM #149
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

I don't begrudge anyone... not sure how you arrived at that from what I posted either.

Yes I did go into education late but that was for me, and my self esteem rather than financial gain. I'm sorry you missed out on so much, you're not bitter though, are you.

Read today how you have an issue with an actress designing clothes and how you won't buy them, whereas I have no such qualms with her career decision or the fact that's how she chooses to make money for her family.

Maybe you should apply the same principls to how people make money as you do to how they spend it?
Old 29-01-2020, 02:17 PM #150
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Just for you though
Ive just addressed this for you on another thread cherie... :/

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
harry, marry