Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:29 AM #51
-

-

A point about violence though:

With a true psychopath it's not so much that they have a need or uncontrollable urge to be violent... it's more that they have no moral problem with violence or emotional response to seeing someone in pain, and so have no problem using violence to achieve some other want or need.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 11-12-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:31 AM #52
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post
Yes I am a bit similar and have been called a sociopath twice by 2 different people, i was a bit criminal when i was younger but not particularly violent
It's not true LT. I've seen how deeply you care about US Cops and Kate McCann.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:35 AM #53
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post
If only Kate would become a female USA cop

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:35 AM #54
0_o

0_o

Quote:
A point about violence though:

With a true psychopath it's not so much that they have a need or uncontrollable urge to be violent... it's more that they have no moral problem with violence or emotional response to seeing someone in pain, and so have no problem using violence to achieve some other want or need.
I really wish you hadn't said that

I don't have an emotional response to seeing people in pain (except for my kids..I get a kind of adrenaline rush when they hurt themselves which I assume is an emotional response?). I will make all the right noises and such, its actually usually down to me when people hurt themselves badly to sort out the bleeding and such as blood has never ever bothered me where literally everyone I know gets really squeamish, and I don't 'panic' either or burst into ****ing tears (I actually find that really pathetic, its not even you in pain ffs) but an emotional response..no. And I would have no issue at all using violence if needed. Or even if it would benefit me a lot to do so. I have thought a lot about how I could kill someone and not give any thought to it afterwards. Indeed I have had a situation where that would have happened had my parents not brought up me going to prison. If I knew 100% I would not get caught and punished, I would do it in a heartbeat. Under the right circumstances, not randomly! But..I think everyone would kill under the right circumstances? They might be all torn up about it afterwards, I think thats the only place where I would probably differ.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 11-12-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:37 AM #55
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

How come you jumped in to help that guy who was being beaten up by his g/f then Vicky, that suggests emapthy

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:38 AM #56
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasNeeve View Post
How come you jumped in to help that guy who was being beaten up by his g/f then Vicky, that suggests emapthy
Hmm maybe. I would argue that that was more my sense of right and wrong though. Also ridiculous recklessness Maybe there was empathy there though
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:40 AM #57
You know my methods

You know my methods

Vicky we need to hook up and get to work on a basement, a patio and a murder spree

"The Forum Killers"

we could murder Scott first after luring him to our lair with red stripe and a nintendo switch

Old 11-12-2017, 11:41 AM #58
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Hmm maybe. I would argue that that was more my sense of right and wrong though. Also ridiculous recklessness Maybe there was empathy there though
But if you were sociopathic surely right and wrong wouldn't bother you though? You must have felt some sympathy for the guy? (I don't know how it all works really, just curious because I find this topic very interesting)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 11-12-2017, 11:43 AM #59
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

No chianti for Vicky this Christmas
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:45 AM #60
0_o

0_o

Quote:
But if you were sociopathic surely right and wrong wouldn't bother you though? You must have felt some sympathy for the guy? (I don't know how it all works really, just curious because I find this topic very interesting)
Honestly, right and wrong doesn't bother me (unless its happening to me, then it bothers me a lot) but I do know what is right and what is wrong. That may sound confusing, but it makes sense to me

I don't like seeing people in pain either. Thats mental and surely completely psycopathic?!. It just doesn't bother me as such. So that would be part of it too.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 11-12-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:48 AM #61
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Honestly, right and wrong doesn't bother me (unless its happening to me, then it bothers me a lot) but I do know what is right and what is wrong. That may sound confusing, but it makes sense to me

I don't like seeing people in pain either. Thats mental and surely completely psycopathic?!. It just doesn't bother me as such. So that would be part of it too.
I understand what you're saying however in that situation you put yourself at risk (both of being physically hurt and getting in trouble with the Police) for a guy you didn't even know. Most people, even very empathetic people wouldn't have done that, so that kind of suggests that your sense of right and wrong justice seems higher than alot of people

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-12-2017, 11:50 AM #62
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I understand what you're saying however in that situation you put yourself at risk (both of being physically hurt and getting in trouble with the Police) for a guy you didn't even know. Most people, even very empathetic people wouldn't have done that, so that kind of suggests that your sense of right and wrong justice seems higher than alot of people
Maybe it does.

It did anger me a lot that so many others just stood by and watched. I felt they were utterly pitiful tbh. Pathetic that so many people would just stand and watch something like that.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2017, 11:52 AM #63
-

-

Quote:

She pulls over a strange car on a dark night...

"Hello I'm Kate McCann, license and registration please sir"

BUT HE REACHES UNDER A NEWSPAPER ON THE SEAT NEXT TO HIM and pulls out a gun! Brap brap! He pops off a couple of shots, but she dodges them expertly, just like those cover up accusations.

Kate scurries back to cover behind her police cruiser; she's been grazed by a bullet... it's just superficial, thank goodness. Gerry could have patched her up but they sadly divorced, and he still lives in England. She tries to call for back up.

BRAP BRAP!

"I've got you now McCann! It's about to be the Tapas 6!" cackles the deranged driver. Kate's radio has been shot out; she's out of ammo, and no backup will be arriving.

OR WILL IT??

A huge, heavy sound like a jackhammer blasts into the night

BABABABABABABABABA "YOU GET AWAY from my Kate McCann / US Cop!!!" - a gravelly roar erupts from the bushes nearby.

It's LT!! He has come to save Kate!

The perp lies dead, in several dozen bloody chunks smeared across the road. His car - no doubt stolen - catches fire, riddled with bullet holes.

"LT is it really you?" - Kate jumps into his muscular, sweaty embrace - "I thought I was dead inside and incapable of love but... but now I know better..."

"And I thought I was a sociopath..." sighs LT "...but now the only path for me, is the one leading to your heart."

Sirens in the distance. Backup is finally arriving. LT and Kate grab a blanket and sit down in the road together. It has begun to snow... the first snowfall of the season... but whether because of the blazing vehicle that rests next to them, or the fires now burning within their hearts... neither of them feel the cold.

The camera pulls back. The car fire burns brightly as red and blue lights approach in the distance. LT holds Kate in a tight embrace and, for the first time in more than a decade - Kate allows herself to smile. She is a McCann,
a US cop, and now, a lover.

FIN
Old 11-12-2017, 11:58 AM #64
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Maybe it does.

It did anger me a lot that so many others just stood by and watched. I felt they were utterly pitiful tbh. Pathetic that so many people would just stand and watch something like that.
That's really interesting, did you ever tell that story to the professional person you said you spoke to? I wonder what they would make of that

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-12-2017, 12:09 PM #65
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
She pulls over a strange car on a dark night...

"Hello I'm Kate McCann, license and registration please sir"

BUT HE REACHES UNDER A NEWSPAPER ON THE SEAT NEXT TO HIM and pulls out a gun! Brap brap! He pops off a couple of shots, but she dodges them expertly, just like those cover up accusations.

Kate scurries back to cover behind her police cruiser; she's been grazed by a bullet... it's just superficial, thank goodness. Gerry could have patched her up but they sadly divorced, and he still lives in England. She tries to call for back up.

BRAP BRAP!

"I've got you now McCann! It's about to be the Tapas 6!" cackles the deranged driver. Kate's radio has been shot out; she's out of ammo, and no backup will be arriving.

OR WILL IT??

A huge, heavy sound like a jackhammer blasts into the night

BABABABABABABABABA "YOU GET AWAY from my Kate McCann / US Cop!!!" - a gravelly roar erupts from the bushes nearby.

It's LT!! He has come to save Kate!

The perp lies dead, in several dozen bloody chunks smeared across the road. His car - no doubt stolen - catches fire, riddled with bullet holes.

"LT is it really you?" - Kate jumps into his muscular, sweaty embrace - "I thought I was dead inside and incapable of love but... but now I know better..."

"And I thought I was a sociopath..." sighs LT "...but now the only path for me, is the one leading to your heart."

Sirens in the distance. Backup is finally arriving. LT and Kate grab a blanket and sit down in the road together. It has begun to snow... the first snowfall of the season... but whether because of the blazing vehicle that rests next to them, or the fires now burning within their hearts... neither of them feel the cold.

The camera pulls back. The car fire burns brightly as red and blue lights approach in the distance. LT holds Kate in a tight embrace and, for the first time in more than a decade - Kate allows herself to smile. She is a McCann,
a US cop, and now, a lover.

FIN
Old 11-12-2017, 12:14 PM #66
0_o

0_o

Quote:
That's really interesting, did you ever tell that story to the professional person you said you spoke to? I wonder what they would make of that
Yes. I don't really get answers to specific events though when it regards myself and my actions, she does tend to go into other peoples reactions and why it could possibly be though a lot.

She said it was probably a natural instinct to protect yourself in that situation, so these people watching were just stopping themselves from possible pain. She said they may have been concerned that the person was armed with a knife or something. I said that was ridiculous as there were so many of them they could have stopped it between them in seconds with no problems. She said my opinion on this might be something to do with me not really giving a **** about superficial pain/blood at all. I quite enjoy it sometimes in all honesty. I used to self harm as a kid, I think this might have contributed to my opinions towards pain now. As an example here I will use when I got my tattoo...the pain was a 'nice' pain. I thought surely everyone would think this as its very unusual and as I said..quite enjoyable. When I mentioned this to people they looked at me like I had grown another ****ing head. Though my husband reckons it was quite nice too, but I don't know if he just said that to stop me going on about it or not Also when I do get into fights, I will encourage the other person to hit me a few times first. This is for two reasons. One, so that if the police are called, I can claim self defense. It would be impossible to claim self defense no matter how good you are at lying if there was not a mark on me. And two, the pain brings out a different side of me for sure. I can just effectively switch off so much easier if pain is there. I can usually do this anyway, but if there is a lot of anger sometimes its harder to turn it off, and if I fight in anger I can **** up. Pain makes me be able to turn off everything and focus on whats going on infront of me.

So yeah, I have a rather unhealthy..or unconventional relationship with pain.

So in short, she said that this was likely clouding my judgement in that situation, as others are usually scared of pain or injury.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 11-12-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:27 PM #67
0_o

0_o

The pain I have from my illness though, I do NOT like that pain. At all. Its very very different than superficial crap. Which is why I neck morphine on regular basis to try and get rid.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2017, 12:41 PM #68
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Quote:

I somehow missed this exchange.

I am of the opinion that LT does not actually give a crap about any of that (especially not with the passion he puts across in his posts), but he knows that posting in support of them will get a reaction. So does it for fun.

I know he will now say thats not true, But thats a lie.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 11-12-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:45 PM #69
-

-

Quote:

I am of the opinion that LT does not actually give a crap about any of that (especially not with the passion he puts across in his posts), but he knows that posting in support of them will get a reaction. So does it for fun.

Or maybe Kate has warmed his icy heart with a hot island song.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:48 PM #70
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

Old 11-12-2017, 12:56 PM #71
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The pain I have from my illness though, I do NOT like that pain. At all. Its very very different than superficial crap. Which is why I neck morphine on regular basis to try and get rid.
I suppose they're different sorts of pain, illness Vs injury kind of? Like a boxer/martial artists likes fighting but maybe not man flu kind of a thing?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-12-2017, 12:58 PM #72
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I suppose they're different sorts of pain, illness Vs injury kind of? Like a boxer/martial artists likes fighting but maybe not man flu kind of a thing?
Yeah that makes sense. I also really really hate how the illness leaves me unable to actually..do things. Like I will spend hours and hours totally unable to move and stuff. Really ****ing annoying.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2017, 06:27 PM #73

Quote:
That suggests a complete lack of morality / conscience and basic protective instincts though, and sociopaths can/do tend to have emotional attachments, sometimes very strong ones, especially with family. I'm afraid to say I think you've known a couple of genuine bonafide psychopaths Niamh!
Sociopaths can make close attachments to certain people. Its not an emotional attachment but to a degree, a selfish one. Someone who is grounded and finds some sort of self identification through attachment can make a perfectly suitable and stable partner. The problem with a lot of sociopathic type attachments is, the sociopath often becomes controlling and when this happens, it can eventually lead to an unhealthy environment.

I agree with what you say about people on the autistic spectrum. High functioning aspergic people often get mistaken for sociopaths.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:57 PM #74

Quote:
Maybe it does.

Sociopaths are often fearless and will jump in where others fear to tread. The word 'pitiful' jumped out at me. I believe sociopaths often see neorotypical people as pitiful.

Are you good at spotting/picking up on a persons weakness?
Old 11-12-2017, 07:00 PM #75
-

-

I'd like to think so.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
psychopathic, tendencies