Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-01-2018, 02:17 PM #126

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Really valid point again.

I've been through this many times and got nowhere.
Just constant one-sided put-down.

My whole Mothers side is Irish,I have family who also have lived in N Ireland near all their lives.
Although my mother hails from the South.

I get a different take on it from them from the one-sided presentation here that only suits their side of the issue.
No wanting to even consider the other take on things.

I got sick of the usual bandwagon presenting only one side.
Gave up on it.

Good luck with your efforts.

Unbelievable,someone,another agrees with because they are from N Ireland are considered an expert on Corbyn and the troubles.
I as a member of the Labour party,are deemed to know nothing as to Corbyn and then be classed as a supporter of terrorists or in a Jewish hating party.

They call that debate.
All powers that be help us.
I don't remember ever discussing Corbyn with you.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 02:24 PM #127
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Did you actually check the thread title or the first post before saying this? Because the thread isn't specifically about N.I, the IRA or Terrorism at all.
No. It's specifically about Corbyn. And the question got on to his support of terrorist... come on TS, you don't need me to explain that, surely.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 02:52 PM #128

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I've been through this many times and got nowhere.
Just constant one-sided put-down.

My whole Mothers side is Irish,I have family who also have lived in N Ireland near all their lives.
Although my mother hails from the South.

I get a different take on it from them from the one-sided presentation here that only suits their side of the issue.
No wanting to even consider the other take on things.

I got sick of the usual bandwagon presenting only one side.
Gave up on it.
What other take can I have on it but my own? My stance is, and always has been here, that I condemn the IRA and the Loyalists Paramilitary terrorists. I condemn and detest Corbyn for being an IRA terrorist supporter (he never supported the Loyalists.) If he had, I would detest him for that too.
I particularly detest the IRA for indiscriminately murdering over a thousand innocent civilians - women, children, babies and pregnant women among them, Catholic and Protestant. Loyalists murdered innocent adults also, mostly Catholics, they did not target children and babies etc.
What is your problem with this?

Last edited by jet; 25-01-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 25-01-2018, 03:09 PM #129
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
What other take can I have on it but my own? My stance is, and always has been here, that I condemn the IRA and the Loyalists Paramilitary terrorists. I condemn and detest Corbyn for being an IRA terrorist supporter (he never supported the Loyalists.) If he had, I would detest him for that too.
I particularly detest the IRA for indiscriminately murdering over a thousand innocent civilians - women, children, babies and pregnant women among them, Catholic and Protestant. Loyalists murdered innocent adults also, mostly Catholics, they did not target children and babies etc.
What is your problem with this?

No problem at all but it is your take and not all in N Ireland take your position.
I don't see the evidence either of Corbyn being a supporter of terrorist murder either.
If he had really been and there was evidence he'd have been arrested, not be leader of a UK wide Party.

That comes from your hate of him and the IRA, things had to move on, in the name of peace.

Most have in N Ireland thankfully, some however haven't.

My take yes my take is different to yours.
You have discounted,applauded and supported by others, my take on the issue.
Just as I do not agree with yours,you do not agree with mine.

I don't see Corbyn as you do,if I believed he supported terrorist atrocities and murder,I would not be a member of the Labour party.
Just as I do not believe any Con leader either would support terrorist atrocities and murder either.

They could not be leaders of parties if that was the case.
You keep spouting the same accusations with no evidence presented.
If you and others supporting your accusations,had any evidence to really substantiate your very serious accusations against Corbyn,maybe you should present it to the authorities.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 04:33 PM #130

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No problem at all but it is your take and not all in N Ireland take your position.
I don't see the evidence either of Corbyn being a supporter of terrorist murder either.
If he had really been and there was evidence he'd have been arrested, not be leader of a UK wide Party.
I would like to think that most compassionate people would share my take on the N.Ireland terrorist atrocities, especially the murder of innocent children and babies.

What are they going to arrest Corbyn for now? It was long ago...there are photos of him at IRA rallies - he was arrested at one, but that doesn't get into the nitty gritty of his involvement; the only thing people can morally to do right now if they care at all is to read all the information for and against and listen to their consciences or their gut instincts. Do you really believe that the Labour Party powers that chose him as leader didn't know about his IRA affiliations?

Apart from what I know myself and can't reveal, (which you will of course dismiss and I blame no one for that), there is plenty out there about Corbyn's support of the IRA, and I know much of it to be true, but people just don't bother reading it, or don't believe it. All those people and articles are dismissed as lies; I'm lying, the former Nationalist First Minister of N. Ireland is lying, some members of the IRA themselves are lying....only Corbyn is telling the truth. How likely is that?

No doubt right wing supporters have made sure they got the dirt out there about him but that doesn't mean they are lies - much of it is not.....and
Corbyn isn't suing, for obvious reasons. What more can be done if people just turn away? Not everyone cares about this stuff, but I do and many others do.

I think if Corbyn getting to Downing st were to become a reality, many more questions about his past will be stepped up.

Last edited by jet; 25-01-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 25-01-2018, 04:42 PM #131
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I would like to think that most compassionate people would share my take on the N.Ireland terrorist atrocities, especially the murder of innocent children and babies.

What are they going to arrest Corbyn for now? It was long ago...there are photos of him at IRA rallies - he was arrested at one, but that doesn't get into the nitty gritty of his involvement; the only thing people can morally to do right now if they care at all is to read all the information for and against and listen to their consciences or their gut instincts. Do you really believe that the Labour Party powers that chose him as leader don't know about his IRA affiliations?

Apart from what I know myself and can't reveal, (which you will of course dismiss and I blame no one for that), there is plenty out there about Corbyn's support of the IRA, and I know much of it to be true, but people just don't bother reading it, or don't believe it. All those people and articles are dismissed as lies; I'm lying, the former Nationalist First Minister of N. Ireland is lying, some members of the IRA themselves are lying....only Corbyn is telling the truth. How likely is that?

No doubt right wing supporters have made sure they got the dirt out there about him but that doesn't mean they are lies - much of it is not.....and
Corbyn isn't suing, for obvious reasons. What more can be done if people just turn away? Not everyone cares about this stuff, but I do and many others do.

I think if Corbyn getting to Downing st were to become a reality, many more questions about his past will be stepped up.

Good grief,more brought up against him if he got to be PM.

You think the DM the Sun or even papers like the Telegraph haven't looked and scratched as far as they can on him.
Even moreso since he became leader.

So you are spouting false accusations you cannot substantiate publicly.

If he gets to be PM of the UK,in my view,he will be far more compassionate fairer and a better PM than this one we are lumbered with now,with her cruel heartless policies.

He likely has many faults,however false accusations and supposition are ridiculous unless the public accuser,an this is a public forum,has concrete evidence.
Old 25-01-2018, 04:46 PM #132
0_o

0_o

Quote:

You think the DM the Sun or even papers like the Telegraph haven't looked and scratched as far as they can on him.

If he gets to be PM of the UK,in my view,he will be far more compassionate fairer and a better PM than this one we are lumbered with now,with her cruel heartless policies.

He likely has many faults,however false accusations and supposition are ridiculous unless the public accuser,an this is a public forum,has concrete evidence.
Heh. This really wouldn't take much A ****ing rock would be a more compassionate, fairer and better PM than May is

Far rather Corbyn than May, thats for sure.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 04:51 PM #133

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

They are false accusations and supposition to you. I know better, as my father and uncle were both in government at Stormont, and knew all about his activities. They have both passed away, and they will rest in peace.
Old 25-01-2018, 05:04 PM #134
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Heh. This really wouldn't take much A ****ing rock would be a more compassionate, fairer and better PM than May is

Far rather Corbyn than May, thats for sure.
I know he isn't everyone's idea of a PM Vicky.
He was never my choice for leader,I had strong doubts.

He won me with policies however,he has put Labour at last with a real alternative to the Cons on policies.

There is much wrong in Labour,as in all Parties.
Labour party under Corbyn have escalated to over half a million members.

For me,with all the niggles,I think he warrants a chance with a team dedicated to more compassionate social justice policies.
There has to be better than this uncompromising heartless PM and her hardline Cabinet.
The decent Con MPs are not going to make any moves or real changes so I can see, and I never thought I would be saying this,I can now see a Corbyn led minority govt.with SNP likely support.
Or a small majority Labour one.

That fills fear, likely not of what Labour would do but for the Cons losing their grip on power.
15 more seats in June to Labour would have had the Cons out.
That's how close it got.

I think it is now more a likelihood it will happen next time now.
Although I still would love to hear him go further as to social policy,such as ending and scrapping these costly to the taxpayer ATOS style contracts for starters.
Old 25-01-2018, 05:06 PM #135
-

-

Quote:
They are false accusations and supposition to you. I know better, as my father and uncle were both in government at Stormont, and knew all about his activities. They have both passed away, and they will rest in peace.
It's hearsay though jet. You can't expect us to unquestioningly take the word of "your dad and uncle"... You do, because you knew them, but no one else here did. It's meaningless.

I'm not saying it is definitely false, maybe everything they said to you was 100% accurate, but it's just... Not enough. It's not evidence of any description, to anyone but you and others who personally knew them.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 05:12 PM #136

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's hearsay though jet. You can't expect us to unquestioningly take the word of "your dad and uncle"... You do, because you knew them, but no one else here did. It's meaningless.

I'm not saying it is definitely false, maybe everything they said to you was 100% accurate, but it's just... Not enough. It's not evidence of any description, to anyone but you and others who personally knew them.
I'm not biting, TS.
....and I've told you before, I don't expect anything. I post about Corbyn for me and those he hurt.

Last edited by jet; 25-01-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 25-01-2018, 05:16 PM #137
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Wink

Quote:

Well,while in Stornont why did they not raise the evidence.
Why not,or did they leave concrete evidence with you or other family.

If not,why.

If it exists hand it to the authorities,if it doesn't then it's wrong to publicly accuse anyone of anything,no matter and just because you personally hate the individual.

If I had evidence anyone had actively supported terrorist activities and multiple murders,I would not rest until it was brought to justice.
If no such substantiated evidence exists however,I'd be wary of making such damming,serious accusations publicly.
Old 25-01-2018, 05:23 PM #138

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well,while in Stornont why did they not raise the evidence.
Why not,or did they leave concrete evidence with you or other family.

If not,why.

If it exists hand it to the authorities,if it doesn't then it's wrong to publicly accuse anyone of anything,no matter and just because you personally hate the individual.

If I had evidence anyone had actively supported terrorist activities and multiple murders,I would not rest until it was brought to justice.
If no such substantiated evidence exists however,I'd be wary of making such damming,serious accusations publicly.
Balderdash - there are numerous publications accusing him of being an IRA terrorist sympathiser and supporter. He hasn't sued even one of them yet - why not?

Last edited by jet; 25-01-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 25-01-2018, 05:35 PM #139
0_o

0_o

There are numerous publications stating that Obama is actually a lizard person intent on eradicating the world. He didn't sue any of them that I am aware of. Maybe, just maybe, politicians and the likes know that stuff will be said about them and its part of the job to deal with/ignore smear campaigns. Not suing proves nothing.

Though I am not saying its all definitely false, noone knows for sure. But saying 'he hasn't sued so it must be true' is pretty silly really
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 05:44 PM #140
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Balderdash - there are numerous publications accusing him of being an IRA terrorist sympathiser and supporter. He hasn't sued even one of them yet - why not?
None have been substantiated what do you not get about things needing substantiation.

I don't and multi millions of others don't agree with the inferences from the press.
They have not furnished any evidence at all,he has nothing to answer to.

You are not the media,you state you KNOW he supported terrorist murders.
You are telling us that.
People make a great play on here as to saying prove what you are saying.

I've asked a simple point following your insistence he supported terrorist murdering of people.
So where is it?
If there's none,don't expect to be taken seriously and lecture others as to their support for a leader who from media,individuals or authorities has a single substantiated concrete piece of evidence, he supported terrorist murdering of innocent people.

That's a very serious claim and charge to make publicly jet.
Very serious indeed but wrong to do so,if you have not a scrap of any concrete substantiated evidence.

Now if you cannot see the wrong in that,with respect that's your problem,not mine.

I say finally now,if you have the evidence that is concrete as to your accusations against Corbyn prove it.
If not,you make I'm sorry to point out,a likely doubtful at best statement.
Old 25-01-2018, 08:51 PM #141

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
None have been substantiated what do you not get about things needing substantiation.

I don't and multi millions of others don't agree with the inferences from the press.
They have not furnished any evidence at all,he has nothing to answer to.

You are not the media,you state you KNOW he supported terrorist murders.
You are telling us that.
People make a great play on here as to saying prove what you are saying.

I've asked a simple point following your insistence he supported terrorist murdering of people.
So where is it?
If there's none,don't expect to be taken seriously and lecture others as to their support for a leader who from media,individuals or authorities has a single substantiated concrete piece of evidence, he supported terrorist murdering of innocent people.

That's a very serious claim and charge to make publicly jet.
Very serious indeed but wrong to do so,if you have not a scrap of any concrete substantiated evidence.

Now if you cannot see the wrong in that,with respect that's your problem,not mine.

I say finally now,if you have the evidence that is concrete as to your accusations against Corbyn prove it.
If not,you make I'm sorry to point out,a likely doubtful at best statement.
You haven't answered the question - there have been numerous publications detailing Corbyn as an IRA supporter and sympathiser. Why hasn't he sued?
Because he CAN'T.
You say you have read these allegations, where is YOUR proof they AREN'T true, seeing you are so keen on proof?

I don't care who believes me and I don't expect belief - and I don't have to prove anything to you or to anyone else. I know what I know, and I'll continue to show and tell of my disdain of Corbyn whenever I feel it is relevant within the rules. If I am told something is against the rules by the admin, I'll stop, but certainly not because you don't approve. This forum isn't a court of law and you haven't been appointed the forums lawyer.

Last edited by jet; 25-01-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 25-01-2018, 08:51 PM #142
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Some of us actually know stuff, Kizzy. My Dad served in Northern Ireland.

The rest of your post is a but hysterical and hard to comprehend.
Oh and there was me thinking this was a debate forum, it matters not what your dad did, your nan or your dog!
Many of my family have also served in the forces, there is no such thing as a vicarious opinion.

What does this mean I can't understand it, did you in your rush to mock me get a little jumbled?

I have a view, I don't care if you like or agree with it.

Last edited by Kizzy; 25-01-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 09:02 PM #143
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You haven't answered the question - there have been numerous publications detailing Corbyn as an IRA supporter and sympathiser. Why hasn't he sued?
Because he CAN'T.

I don't care who believes me and I don't expect belief - and I don't have to prove anything to you or to anyone else. I know what I know, and I'll continue to show and tell of my disdain of Corbyn whenever I feel it is relevant within the rules. If I am told something is against the rules by the admin, I'll stop, but certainly not because you don't approve. This forum isn't a court of law and you haven't been appointed the forums lawyer.

I did answer your question.
We are going round in circles,politicians know the press are pathetic.

I am,and I'd guess I'm not likely the only one still waiting for your substantiated factual evidence that proves, since you say you KNOW,that Corbyn supported terrorist murders of innocent people.

Before you ask any more questions and likely get answers,for you to be credible as to your continuous serious accusations,prove what you accuse him of is so with the evidence you have.
If you've none,which I think is the case.

Time to stop pressing others on this issue without concrete proof.

Very few politicians sue publications for lies and wrong information about them.
If they did,the MPs and press would likely never be out of the courts.

You however claim he is responsible for actively supporting terrorist murders of innocent people.
Just more likely from your hate of the man and likely more possible his politics.

Last edited by joeysteele; 25-01-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 25-01-2018, 09:09 PM #144
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Because he CAN'T.
You say you have read these allegations, where is YOUR proof they AREN'T true, seeing you are so keen on proof?

Oh,and in UK law the rule of law is ' Guilt has to be proven,not innocence'
Unless you are rewriting law too.

It might be possibly better not to come on without evidence accusing someone of something serious and then decide you do not want any comeback to same.

Last edited by joeysteele; 25-01-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 25-01-2018, 09:24 PM #145

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I did answer your question.
We are going round in circles,politicians know the press are pathetic.

I am,and I'd guess I'm not likely the only one still waiting for your substantiated factual evidence that proves, since you say you KNOW,that Corbyn supported terrorist murders of innocent people.

Before you ask any more questions and likely get answers,for you to be credible as to your continuous serious accusations,prove what you accuse him of is so with the evidence you have.
If you've none,which I think is the case.

Time to stop pressing others on this issue without concrete proof.

Very few politicians sue publications for lies and wrong information about them.
If they did,the MPs and press would likely never be out of the courts.

You however claim he is responsible for actively supporting terrorist murders of innocent people.
Just more likely from your hate of the man and likely more possible his politics.
How many times do I have to say it, I don't care if people think I'm credible or not or who demands proof. I'm posting for me and for others affected by him, to get out what is inside ME. Better out than in, they say, and they are right, it helps.
As you are so keen on proof, and you are adamant he wasn't an IRA supporter, why don't YOU prove he wasn't?
There have been many neutral commentators and articles on the subject of his activities as well and I have linked to some of those in the past - but none of his supporters bothered commenting.

Back when I started posting about detesting Corbyn, I didn't even have an interest in his politics, or the Cons politics, or any politics outside of N. Ireland for that matter. Did you ever see me posting in any political threads in SD in the past? During Brexit? During the elections? I have just recently started paying more attention to the parties policies.
I guess I just suddenly decided to hate Corbyn because he has terrible dress sense or something? No, of course not.
Old 25-01-2018, 09:32 PM #146

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh,and in UK law the rule of law is ' Guilt has to be proven,not innocence'
Unless you are rewriting law too.

It might be possibly better not to come on without evidence accusing someone of something serious and then decide you do not want any comeback to same.
I have never said to anyone "I'm saying this, and I don't want any comeback".
I deal with all comeback, and I'll continue to do so.
Old 25-01-2018, 09:34 PM #147
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

This is getting very cyclical and boring, as said the press would have a field day with anything literally anything that even remotely linked him to any terrorist involvement and should they be free to use that without any legal ramifications no doubt at all they would.

That would and should be out there in the public domain, yet it is not nobody can be expected to condemn anyone on hearsay.

Were is to be something like this ...
http://www.irishnews.com/news/2015/1...-links-288278/

Then there would obviously be a new discussion to be had.
Old 25-01-2018, 09:44 PM #148
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F

This thread got me like

chilling in the progress faction like

Spoiler:

ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB): 6th/12

I'm a TiBB Member 4: 3rd/16 & Highest Placed All-Star (1st/8)
TiBB on Ice: 4th/15
ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB) 2: 3rd/17
TiBB OTT3: 2nd/13
Underscore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 10:26 PM #149
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You haven't given any either, on more than one subject. With respect.
I'm sick of answering you and asking for your proof of what you say.

I state again,I do not accept Corbyn supports terrorist murders of innocent people or indeed any people.
I do not see him as you do.
I am not the one accusing him of anything,you are with no validation back up.

You are the one refusing to back up what you state as fact,not me.

Now actually you are bordering on baiting and quite frankly until you present proof of your accusations against Corbyn, you will neither get or deserve answers.

All you want to do is likely vent your hate for Corbyn and draw that out by going round in circles.
With your false accusations, which they are because not only has he not been prosecuted for anything you say,neither has he even been interviewed.

Why?
Because factually there is not and hasn't been any evidence against him whatsoever.
I'd even predict there will be none in the future either.

It now seems clear, you have none either.

So nothing to discuss if that is the case really.
I support Corbyn, you don't,pure and simple.

If you had concrete evidence that would change my stance, since you cannot,I am happy as I am supporting an innocent man leading a political party.
While you only wallow in your hate of said same man.

Last edited by joeysteele; 25-01-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 25-01-2018, 11:29 PM #150

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm sick of answering you and asking for your proof of what you say.

I state again,I do not accept Corbyn supports terrorist murders of innocent people or indeed any people.
I do not see him as you do.
I am not the one accusing him of anything,you are with no validation back up.

You are the one refusing to back up what you state as fact,not me.

Now actually you are bordering on baiting and quite frankly until you present proof of your accusations against Corbyn, you will neither get or deserve answers.

All you want to do is likely vent your hate for Corbyn and draw that out by going round in circles.
With your false accusations, which they are because not only has he not been prosecuted for anything you say,neither has he even been interviewed.

Why?
Because factually there is not and hasn't been any evidence against him whatsoever.
I'd even predict there will be none in the future either.

It now seems clear, you have none either.

So nothing to discuss if that is the case really.
I support Corbyn, you don't,pure and simple.

If you had concrete evidence that would change my stance, since you cannot,I am happy as I am supporting an innocent man leading a political party.
While you only wallow in your hate of said same man.
You just repeat the same things over and over and don't respond to anything else I say in my individual posts.
If you insist it is clear I know nothing, then why are you so rattled?
Why are you wasting you time on me?
He has been interviewed, actually, and refused to condemn the IRA by name five times in a row, and then hung up. In another interview he refused to condemn them outright also. Do your research.
Carry on with your Corbyn support and your beliefs and leave me to carry on with what I know, and other things which others know, including a former First Minister and former IRA members themselves (some of whom have been interviewed).
Deal?

Last edited by jet; 25-01-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
clique, corbyn’s, leftist