Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-02-2018, 04:45 PM #51
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Are you really that naive and clueless about Corbyn's agenda's? STILL?
I'll ask you again..

the guy had met with these people years ago so where was the furore then, he has stood as an MP in his constituency countless times... why was it not an issue then a matter of national importance?.

If he is so dangerous why has he not been 'exposed' before now... why has he been allowed a seat in parliament and in positions of influence and trust all the while rising to the top job through he Labour ranks if he is such a liability?....

Get some perspective.
Old 21-02-2018, 05:02 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I'll ask you again..

the guy had met with these people years ago so where was the furore then, he has stood as an MP in his constituency countless times... why was it not an issue then a matter of national importance?.

If he is so dangerous why has he not been 'exposed' before now... why has he been allowed a seat in parliament and in positions of influence and trust all the while rising to the top job through he Labour ranks if he is such a liability?....

Get some perspective.
Well, its obvious, nobody knew about it then - neither was he aiming to become a PM.
You do know he is anti - British, don't you? And that his top aids and McDonnell and Abbot are also Anti - British.
Do you not mind this at all?

Also, he'll only be dangerous if he becomes PM, which he won't. At present he's just an continuing embarrassment.

Last edited by jet; 21-02-2018 at 05:15 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 05:21 PM #53
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Well, its obvious, nobody knew about it then - neither was he aiming to become a PM.
You do know he is anti - British, don't you? And that his top aids and McDonnell and Abbot are also Anti - British.
Ah it's only come to light now, 30yrs later? They were just flicking through some old files and ...oops! what have we here?

What a load of balls, seriously... you think people devote their entire lives and careers to politics, advocating progressive beneficial policies for the good of society because they are anti British?!

I suppose you're going to tell me selling arms to regimes for whom human rights are an unspeakable myth, selling off any and all infrastructure, whilst imposing decades of crippling austerity plunging families into a bottomless pit of debt that sees the use of food banks explode 2700% is very 'British'?....Pffffft!!!
Old 21-02-2018, 05:44 PM #54
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
ftr, I'm neutral re. Corbyn
but
the language you used is very disturbing. You basically call these three politicians as acting against British interests and holding views harmful to Britain.
You know, there are political differences between people where they sincerely believe that the aim of making a country better and stronger can be achieved in different ways. But you claim these people intend to harm the country they serve.
That is a very serious accusation. Prove it.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 06:21 PM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ah it's only come to light now, 30yrs later? They were just flicking through some old files and ...oops! what have we here?

What a load of balls, seriously... you think people devote their entire lives and careers to politics, advocating progressive beneficial policies for the good of society because they are anti British?!

I suppose you're going to tell me selling arms to regimes for whom human rights are an unspeakable myth, selling off any and all infrastructure, whilst imposing decades of crippling austerity plunging families into a bottomless pit of debt that sees the use of food banks explode 2700% is very 'British'?....Pffffft!!!
Is this a load of balls too? .....

Quote:
Diane Abbott backed victory for the IRA in an interview with a pro-republican journal, The Sunday Times has found.
Abbott, who will become home secretary if Labour wins the election, said in the 1984 interview that Ireland “is our struggle — every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed.”
The interview was found during research by The Sunday Times in Irish and republican archives
What do you say about that?

Quote:
The same files disclose that the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, personally led or took part in at least 72 separate events or actions with Sinn Fein and pro-republican groups during the years of the IRA’s armed struggle — far more than previously known.
These included a petition to Downing Street on behalf of Hugh Doherty, a member of the IRA’s Balcombe Street gang convicted of killing seven people, and protests against the extradition of Dessie Ellis, a top IRA bomb maker who has denied links to about 50 deaths.
Your comment on this?

Quote:
The archives also show the main IRA-sympathising groups in Britain held private strategy meetings in Corbyn’s former constituency office — owned by the Labour Party and part-funded by taxpayers from his MP’s allowance.
And this?

Quote:
The interview was published in Labour and Ireland, the journal of the Labour committee on Ireland (LCI), a small pro-republican support group in the party that operated at the height of the IRA’s armed struggle in the 1980s and early 1990s.
The archives disclose that LCI was chaired for some of the period by John McDonnell, now the shadow chancellor. Corbyn and Abbott were also regular speakers..
There were close links between LCI and the Troops Out Movement [Tom], another IRA-sympathising body with which Corbyn was closely associated. He spoke at more than 20 Troops Out events or meetings.

All anti British actions, supporting murderers trying to bomb their way out of N. Ireland staying part of the UK, as democratically voted by the people themselves.

Yet you repeatedly deny that Corbyn was an IRA sympathiser. So really you're not going to believe anything negative about your hero, are you? You seem to just block it out.

McDonnell also said 'it was the guns and bombs that brought the British to the negotiating table'.

Great pro - British people Corbyn chooses as his closest allies, eh?
And the above is just his IRA anti British connections.....there are ample examples - he was a well known Commie sympathiser, as well as a supporter of other anti - British causes, but you obviously don't do your research. With a record like that and with those he keeps close to him, he's not a good candidate at all to become a British PM, and he won't.

Last edited by jet; 21-02-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 21-02-2018, 07:34 PM #56
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

All you Corbynators and your Corbynation...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 03:05 AM #57
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
All you Corbynators and your Corbynation...
Corbynistas, sjw, pc, snowflake the lable is irrelevant the message is the same, for the many not the few maru.
Old 22-02-2018, 10:55 AM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

No answers to my post above then Kizzy? Speaks volumes.

Quote:
Poverty strikes dead the very souls of all who come within sight, sound or smell of it.
So does the sight, sound or smell of children and babies blown to pieces by the Corbyn sympathising IRA.
The IRA who he refuses to condemn outright without qualification.
Old 22-02-2018, 11:06 AM #59
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

How does the slogan "for the many, not the few" sit with the fact that Labour have just voted against cutting stamp duty for first time buyers?
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 07:36 PM #60
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
No answers to my post above then Kizzy? Speaks volumes.

So does the sight, sound or smell of children and babies blown to pieces by the Corbyn sympathising IRA.
The IRA who he refuses to condemn outright without qualification.
What it 'speaks' is that I work 12hrs a day Jet.

That happened on both sides, you are not objective enough on this issue he did condemn it on both sides.

Nobody was the better or worse killer, there was killing, the end.
Old 22-02-2018, 07:37 PM #61
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
How does the slogan "for the many, not the few" sit with the fact that Labour have just voted against cutting stamp duty for first time buyers?
And the value of the properties is?...
Old 23-02-2018, 12:20 AM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What it 'speaks' is that I work 12hrs a day Jet.

That happened on both sides, you are not objective enough on this issue he did condemn it on both sides.

Nobody was the better or worse killer, there was killing, the end.
No, not the end. I'm bloody furious and sick of this sh**.
You still haven't answered the questions I asked in my post above, and your slithering out of doing so says enough for me.

As does your opinion that nobody was a better or worse killer.
Are you fking serious?

The IRA and their affiliated groups killed just short of 2,000 people, many of them innocent civilians, men, women, children and babies. Most of them blown to pieces by bombs.
Loyalist paramilitaries killed 896 people, most of them innocent adult Catholics.
The British Army and RUC between them killed 355 people.

Every single life matters. I guess it doesn't matter to you whether 355 or 896 or nearly 2000 people lose their lives, it's all the same to you then? Well it bloody well matters to those 'extra' 1000 families whose loved ones lie cold in their graves....and it certainly matters to the families of children and babies blown to bits...which was almost exclusively the IRA's way of operating.

As for objectivity - this discussion is about Corbyn and he didn't support the Loyalists, did he, he supported the IRA. So its a moot point. If he had supported Loyalists in their murders, I would feel exactly the same about him. My mother was Protestant, my father Catholic, and I was brought up Catholic, though I no longer practice my religion. My family and I have always been neutral, having many relatives and friends on both sides, and we all detest Corbyn and others of his ilk. But he is the one vying to be the next PM. So don't talk to me about not being objective, YOU are the one who isn't objective with your endless excuses and twisting and turning in your 'Corbyn can do no wrong fairytale land' and IMO your chilling attitudes towards terrorism...

...and Poor you, working 12 hours a day. Thank your lucky stars you didn't have to work 16 a day, like my wife did in the midst of the Troubles in the Royal Victoria Hospital, working with surgeons to save the lives of IRA bomb victims. Victims, including children with their eyes blown out, their legs and arms hanging off, their stomachs and intestines spilling out.

Have you ever witnessed the carnage of a bomb, the screaming, the blood, the terror? Have you ever personally lost best friends to these atrocities, have your friends ever lost their children, gone forever? That is what the IRA did for them and me.
My nieces, aged 5 and 7, on a charity Fun Run, in the midst of a family fun day out, were seconds away from being killed, but witnessed the killing of 5 young soldiers. In front of their eyes, they seen a young soldier, no more than 18 years old, trying to frantically escape but he couldn't because he didn't realise his legs had been blown off. He later died. My nieces innocence was gone forever, with nightmares and crippling anxiety their legacy from the IRA.

That is the reality of the IRA's operandi and they are the bastards that Corbyn supported and sipped his tea with.
It was up to the Government to broker talks, which they did, not a half assed non - entity opposition back bencher who had no business consorting with terrorists to puff up his self importance, attending their rallies and funerals and whose only delusional contribution to the peace process was in his own head and an escape route excuse for having anything to do with them in the first place.

Find any book you like on the N.I peace process. There are quite a few excellent accounts which mention all the big and little players in the unfolding drama. Look up the index for Corbyn's name. You'll not find it anywhere. He's a liar, a fraud and a chancer - these are his past legacies which will always impact on his present because he hasn't changed one iota.

He has always refused to condemn the IRA without qualification, and so do you, in every post. Nobody is a better or worse killer, you say. Well, I disagree. No killing of innocent people is ever acceptable, but there are those than target mostly adults like Loyalist paras, there are those that mostly target terrorists like the security forces, and then there are those that target ANYONE with a bomb who just happens to be in the vicinity going about their daily business, like Corbyn's muses the IRA - children and babies included. You are just Corbyn's parrot really; when you say something re terrorism, I hear him bleating his usual apologist garbage. Sickening.

Last edited by jet; 23-02-2018 at 01:46 AM.
Old 23-02-2018, 02:29 AM #63
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Guys, at the end of the day, it's just a forum and they're only opinions. Remember that.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 08:50 AM #64
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
And the value of the properties is?...
What?

The value of property is that someone can own the place they live in. And if they own more than one property, they can make a bit of money for themselves too but that probably doesn't really apply to those buying their first home.

Oliver_W is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 12:59 PM #65

On This Week last night I saw a video of him responding to this. He was really threatening the press.

It was a lot like the way Trump deals with allegations, actually.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 02:00 PM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
On This Week last night I saw a video of him responding to this. He was really threatening the press.

Yes, it is, and I agree with the Telegraph who found the Corbyn warning 'creepy'.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/jeremy-corb...g-media-threat

Quote:
The Telegraph finds Corbyn’s warning “rather creepy”, and asks whether he intends to use force. “Such implicit compulsion is worthy of a leader in Moscow, not London,” the newspaper adds.

The Sun says Corbyn is clearly spooked, having avoided media questions yesterday by slipping out of a meeting through an underground car park, while the Express agrees that Corbyn’s “sinister” video shows he is “rattled”.

The Daily Mail adds that by dodging questions, the Labour leader is feeding suspicions that he has something to hide.

Other newspapers are also less than impressed. While Corbyn may have a right to be angry about spy claims splashed across the front pages, says The Spectator, his response has been to undermine the press as a vital part of democracy - a tactic also used “from Russia to Venezuela to Donald Trump”.
Old 23-02-2018, 07:56 PM #67
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

Come on now James don't be silly, like trump!

If someone prints lies about you you have the right to request a redaction as there are regulatory bodies for the printed word,you yourself should know you have to be very careful about what you say about people even on a little discussion forum, so imagine how important it is in the nationals?...
Anyone even Corbyn has the right to demand the record be set straight or they risk legal action, and rightly so.
Old 23-02-2018, 07:58 PM #68

Quote:
Yes, it is, and I agree with the Telegraph who found the Corbyn warning 'creepy'.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/jeremy-corb...g-media-threat
Or he has no time for the ****ing sun and their bs.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 08:08 PM #69
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
No, not the end. I'm bloody furious and sick of this sh**.
You still haven't answered the questions I asked in my post above, and your slithering out of doing so says enough for me.

As does your opinion that nobody was a better or worse killer.
Are you fking serious?

The IRA and their affiliated groups killed just short of 2,000 people, many of them innocent civilians, men, women, children and babies. Most of them blown to pieces by bombs.
Loyalist paramilitaries killed 896 people, most of them innocent adult Catholics.
The British Army and RUC between them killed 355 people.

Every single life matters. I guess it doesn't matter to you whether 355 or 896 or nearly 2000 people lose their lives, it's all the same to you then? Well it bloody well matters to those 'extra' 1000 families whose loved ones lie cold in their graves....and it certainly matters to the families of children and babies blown to bits...which was almost exclusively the IRA's way of operating.

As for objectivity - this discussion is about Corbyn and he didn't support the Loyalists, did he, he supported the IRA. So its a moot point. If he had supported Loyalists in their murders, I would feel exactly the same about him. My mother was Protestant, my father Catholic, and I was brought up Catholic, though I no longer practice my religion. My family and I have always been neutral, having many relatives and friends on both sides, and we all detest Corbyn and others of his ilk. But he is the one vying to be the next PM. So don't talk to me about not being objective, YOU are the one who isn't objective with your endless excuses and twisting and turning in your 'Corbyn can do no wrong fairytale land' and IMO your chilling attitudes towards terrorism...

...and Poor you, working 12 hours a day. Thank your lucky stars you didn't have to work 16 a day, like my wife did in the midst of the Troubles in the Royal Victoria Hospital, working with surgeons to save the lives of IRA bomb victims. Victims, including children with their eyes blown out, their legs and arms hanging off, their stomachs and intestines spilling out.

Have you ever witnessed the carnage of a bomb, the screaming, the blood, the terror? Have you ever personally lost best friends to these atrocities, have your friends ever lost their children, gone forever? That is what the IRA did for them and me.
My nieces, aged 5 and 7, on a charity Fun Run, in the midst of a family fun day out, were seconds away from being killed, but witnessed the killing of 5 young soldiers. In front of their eyes, they seen a young soldier, no more than 18 years old, trying to frantically escape but he couldn't because he didn't realise his legs had been blown off. He later died. My nieces innocence was gone forever, with nightmares and crippling anxiety their legacy from the IRA.

That is the reality of the IRA's operandi and they are the bastards that Corbyn supported and sipped his tea with.
It was up to the Government to broker talks, which they did, not a half assed non - entity opposition back bencher who had no business consorting with terrorists to puff up his self importance, attending their rallies and funerals and whose only delusional contribution to the peace process was in his own head and an escape route excuse for having anything to do with them in the first place.

Find any book you like on the N.I peace process. There are quite a few excellent accounts which mention all the big and little players in the unfolding drama. Look up the index for Corbyn's name. You'll not find it anywhere. He's a liar, a fraud and a chancer - these are his past legacies which will always impact on his present because he hasn't changed one iota.

He has always refused to condemn the IRA without qualification, and so do you, in every post. Nobody is a better or worse killer, you say. Well, I disagree. No killing of innocent people is ever acceptable, but there are those than target mostly adults like Loyalist paras, there are those that mostly target terrorists like the security forces, and then there are those that target ANYONE with a bomb who just happens to be in the vicinity going about their daily business, like Corbyn's muses the IRA - children and babies included. You are just Corbyn's parrot really; when you say something re terrorism, I hear him bleating his usual apologist garbage. Sickening.
Did she not tend to any victims of unionist violence then?...

I don't understand your need to paint this rather one sided graphic picture it's unnecessary as I'm not going to agree that there was one worst terrorist group than another. There were child victims on both side they were both to blame for the actions they took, bombs and violence is wrong it was wrong in Ireland and it was wrong in the middle east...

I am just a bit surprised that the person that has only ever advocated peace in all conflicts over decades is the one person who is the epicentre for all your rage, not the people bombing, or the govts or the decision makers :/

I'm not going to accept you making all kinds of accusatory statements, I have my views and I appreciate you don't agree.
Old 23-02-2018, 08:37 PM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Did she not tend to any victims of unionist violence then?...

I don't understand your need to paint this rather one sided graphic picture it's unnecessary as I'm not going to agree that there was one worst terrorist group than another. There were child victims on both side they were both to blame for the actions they took, bombs and violence is wrong it was wrong in Ireland and it was wrong in the middle east...

I am just a bit surprised that the person that has only ever advocated peace in all conflicts over decades is the one person who is the epicentre for all your rage, not the people bombing, or the govts or the decision makers :/

I'm not going to accept you making all kinds of accusatory statements, I have my views and I appreciate you don't agree.
You mean did my wife not tend to victims of Loyalist Paramilitary violence? No, she didn't actually, she worked in the bomb victim operating theatres and there were very few paramilitary bombs. There were also very few child victims of Loyalist paramilitaries. It was almost exclusively the IRA who targeted vulnerable and helpless civilians in mass bomb killings, including children, but if that doesn't make them worse to you, then I can only come to one conclusion.....

As for why Corbyn is at the 'epicentre of my rage' - he is vying to be the next PM, not some other IRA man or IRA supporter and friend like he was. Why I need to point that out again is beyond comprehension. I see you are no longer denying he was an IRA supporter...

Your ignorance about the troubles makes it futile to say any more to you, and your mindset creeps me out anyway, so....

Last edited by jet; 23-02-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 23-02-2018, 09:10 PM #71
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
You mean did my wife not tend to victims of Loyalist Paramilitary violence? No, she didn't actually, she worked in the bomb victim operating theatres and there were very few paramilitary bombs. There were also very few child victims of Loyalist paramilitaries. It was almost exclusively the IRA who targeted vulnerable and helpless civilians in mass bomb killings, including children, but if that doesn't make them worse to you, then I can only come to one conclusion.....

As for why Corbyn is at the 'epicentre of my rage' - he is vying to be the next PM, not some other IRA man or IRA supporter and friend like he was. Why I need to point that out again is beyond comprehension. I see you are no longer denying he was an IRA supporter...

Your ignorance about the troubles makes it futile to say any more to you, and your mindset creeps me out anyway, so....
Your one sided argument creeps me out, I'm being objective here.
Old 23-02-2018, 09:16 PM #72

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Your one sided argument creeps me out, I'm being objective here.
Well, most people would feel that the murders of vulnerable children and babies is the worst sort of crime, but you have made it clear you do not. I think it is -and if that means I'm one sided on that aspect of the Troubles, then I'm proud to be.
Old 23-02-2018, 09:49 PM #73
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Well, most people would feel that the murders of vulnerable children and babies is the worst sort of crime, but you have made it clear you do not. I think it is -and if that means I'm one sided on that aspect of the Troubles, then I'm proud to be.
Were none of almost 1000 people killed by the other terrorist organisations active at that time young, none pregnant?
Old 24-02-2018, 02:48 AM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Were none of almost 1000 people killed by the other terrorist organisations active at that time young, none pregnant?
Your glibness and pretence is chilling. I've already said that Loyalist Para's mainly targeted individual adults, and as horrible as that was, few children where their victims. Dear Lord, can you even understand plain English - yes, you can, you are just being deliberately insensitive and obtuse.

So I'll play along and spell it out for you again. The IRA planted bombs that killed anyone who happened to be in the vicinity, they didn't care if children and babies were among the carnage, as they inevitably were.

They bombed families out for a days shopping, they bombed families eating in restaurants, they bombed families at Charity fun days, they bombed families at Cenotaph remembrance gatherings, they bombed families waiting for buses at bus stations, they bombed families at fast food outlets just getting fish and chips for their supper. Has that penetrated your brain yet or do you need more fking examples.

And to add to all that, they even recruited youngsters aged 12 - 16 to their ranks, which is illegal, and covered up 19 deaths of these child soldiers.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-31136428.html

All water off a ducks back to you, of course. Your vision of Corbyn, the IRA supporter, as a man of peace and saviour of the down trodden can't be disturbed, and you'll do anything and say anything to protect his persona at the expense of placing the blame of dead children and babies firmly where in belongs...at the hands of those he sympathised and supported, the IRA.

Last edited by jet; 24-02-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Old 24-02-2018, 10:13 AM #75
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Your glibness and pretence is chilling. I've already said that Loyalist Para's mainly targeted individual adults, and as horrible as that was, few children where their victims. Dear Lord, can you even understand plain English - yes, you can, you are just being deliberately insensitive and obtuse.

So I'll play along and spell it out for you again. The IRA planted bombs that killed anyone who happened to be in the vicinity, they didn't care if children and babies were among the carnage, as they inevitably were.

They bombed families out for a days shopping, they bombed families eating in restaurants, they bombed families at Charity fun days, they bombed families at Cenotaph remembrance gatherings, they bombed families waiting for buses at bus stations, they bombed families at fast food outlets just getting fish and chips for their supper. Has that penetrated your brain yet or do you need more fking examples.

And to add to all that, they even recruited youngsters aged 12 - 16 to their ranks, which is illegal, and covered up 19 deaths of these child soldiers.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-31136428.html

All water off a ducks back to you, of course. Your vision of Corbyn, the IRA supporter, as a man of peace and saviour of the down trodden can't be disturbed, and you'll do anything and say anything to protect his persona at the expense of placing the blame of dead children and babies firmly where in belongs...at the hands of those he sympathised and supported, the IRA.
Everyone understands your point of view, jet, and most people respect your unique viewpoint based on your first-hand experience. No point in flogging a dead horse when an opinion is so fixed that nothing will budge it. You've done your best.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
collaborator”, “corbyn