Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:03 AM #51
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Oh no - 'I do get it' but don't agree with 'it' and NEVER will.

As far as I am concerned:

'A human is a human' until he/she becomes INHUMAN by virtue of his/her inhuman acts.

Then they remain 'Human' purely in terms of Anatomy and Physiology and belonging to the genus 'Homo'. NOTHING more.

I am familiar with the 'Human Rights Act' but will never accept that its authors INTENDED it to be exploited and used to protect the 'RIGHTS' of inhuman bastards such as these and those others listed in my post.

I am sorry, but I will ask again;

What about the 'Human Rights ' of 'Humanitarian' Alan Henning and the other innocent victims and their families?

There is NO GREATER 'Human Right' than the 'RIGHT TO LIFE' and those guilty of intentionally depriving INNOCENT people of theirs - especially in the most depraved and INHUMAN of manners - SHOULD lose any rights they once enjoyed as 'Humans' including 'Human Rights', just as surely as their innocent victims lost their Right to Life.

To me, the 'Human Rights Act' has been exploited by Criminals, Murderers, Terrorists, and Subversives, just as surely as the Benefits System, The NHS, The Legal Aid System and a host of other 'Well-Meaning' innovations have been similarly exploited and abused.

I'm afraid we will have to 'Agree To Disagree' on this subject.
Then you are opposed to Human Rights, that's the long and short of it.

Human Rights for everyone or Human Rights for no one, you can't pick and choose.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:10 AM #52
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Then you are opposed to Human Rights, that's the long and short of it.

Human Rights for everyone or Human Rights for no one, you can't pick and choose.
Which Human Rights would be violated by not bring IS terrorists here?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:16 AM #53
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

It's a sad fact that the only time people get militant about Human Rights is when it applies to scumbags.

The UK has every right to remove the citizenship of these terrorists. But that doesn't mean they cannot be tried in the UK. Or in the USA. Or they may face trial under the Kurds. If they do far trial in the UK, it may be that we hand them over the the US to face trial anyway, because they are far harder on terrorists than we are here.

Everything that happens to these "people" will be by the book, and that includes having their citizenship stripped and to be tried in a court overseas.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 AM #54
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
It's a sad fact that the only time people get militant about Human Rights is when it applies to scumbags.

The UK has every right to remove the citizenship of these terrorists. But that doesn't mean they cannot be tried in the UK. Or in the USA. Or they may face trial under the Kurds. If they do far trial in the UK, it may be that we hand them over the the US to face trial anyway, because they are far harder on terrorists than we are here.

Everything that happens to these "people" will be by the book, and that includes having their citizenship stripped and to be tried in a court overseas.
I didn't know that but it blows away all the previous arguments

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:31 AM #55
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I'm interested in the response to this also

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:32 AM #56
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post

I get militant about Human Rights for everyone which is why on every post on the subject I say that it's an all or nothing deal. When you start creating exceptions to rights you start to create a situation in which it's okay to strip someone of their rights and those situations can only spiral and be abused. It's easy and weak to strip away the rights of others and be all like 'YEAH! KILL 'EM ALL LIKE THE DOGS THEY ARE!' but attitudes like that just piss over the lives lost to preserve the rights we have.

like I said to Oliver, I brought human rights into the discussion, not because of this pair, but because of the posts endorsing execution without due process. I've said my piece on the pair.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:33 AM #57
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I'll refer you back to my previous reply to a similar question you asked.

Quote:
I brought up the human rights angle, not in response to this case but to the worrying fantasising and bloodlust of people who hope for executions without due course without realising that it's an attitude that's common with the enemy.

My view on this pair has not changed. I believe British criminals should face a British court of law for their crimes, it's what I've said for other crimes when they've been discussed on here and it would be hypocritical for me to deviate from that point of view and make exceptions in this case. I'd rather terrorists face life imprisonment and be seen as a failure by their peers than be made martyrs through execution.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:46 AM #58
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

it's justice 101 to ensure that everybody arrested by our country receives a fair trial. It's countries like Russia and Libya (to name but a couple) where people are shot first and questions asked later. Just because someone commits a heinous act, doesn't mean that we should stoop to the same level. Justice is all that is required.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:10 PM #59
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'll refer you back to my previous reply to a similar question you asked.
So nothing particular then. Your apparent love of Human Rights is incidental to you thinking they should be tried in the UK. Gotcha.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:00 PM #60
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it's justice 101 to ensure that everybody arrested by our country receives a fair trial. It's countries like Russia and Libya (to name but a couple) where people are shot first and questions asked later. Just because someone commits a heinous act, doesn't mean that we should stoop to the same level. Justice is all that is required.
EXACTLY. It's not justice, it's just vengeance when you respond to a heinous act in kind.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
beatles, citizenship, dear, hit, losing, pair, shame, uk