Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB22 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2018 [CBB 22], won by Ryan Thomas, and housemates here.

-----

Old 22-08-2018, 01:04 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Default Not answering questions

I can understand her not wanting to get into a full blown political debate, but why is it people who believe in Scientology including herself are really defensive and vague about it like they're exhausted/fed up and almost offended to even be asked about it ?!?? .

It makes the whole thing seem even more like a weird cult following . And i still don't understand the full in's and outs of Scientology or what the hell it is , i know there's mention of aliens in it .She wasn't helpful either by telling Rodrigo who hasn't got access to " read a book" .
Old 22-08-2018, 01:12 AM #2

Keeping out of Politics too, but the important WRONG thing about Kirstie is that she backs Trump. I ll not say any more except, just a quick glance at what he really stands for will show you that anyone who backs him is a disgrace too.
clairefromsomewhereinnort is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 01:17 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Scientology has weird rules. I’m pretty sure she can’t talk about it. You should look it up it’s like a mix between the illuminati and self help gurus. It’s kinda crazy. The girl from kings and queens used to be in it and now she’s an activist speaking out against it

Last edited by Elliot; 22-08-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 01:21 AM #4

She didn't get defensive, exhausted or offended. She told him he's better off reading a book on it which will be concise in its detail rather than peppering her head with questions on national TV when they're mostly not allowed to talk about it.

Kind of similar to BB wanting Stormy Daniels because of the Trump scandal despite her not being able to discuss it.

A pointless theme best forgotten.

Last edited by Marsh.; 22-08-2018 at 01:22 AM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 01:22 AM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
Scientology has weird rules. I’m pretty sure she can’t talk about it
That reminds me of this

Last edited by GoldHeart; 22-08-2018 at 01:22 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 02:35 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
She didn't get defensive, exhausted or offended. She told him he's better off reading a book on it which will be concise in its detail rather than peppering her head with questions on national TV when they're mostly not allowed to talk about it.

Kind of similar to BB wanting Stormy Daniels because of the Trump scandal despite her not being able to discuss it.

A pointless theme best forgotten.
Well said, Marsh. Your perception on this is mine too. I also suspect that Kirstie knows to her cost from previous experiences that it is wiser not to be drawn into discussing her personal beliefs because it only results in being mocked and derided - a bit like declaring one is a Christian on here.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 03:05 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Well said, Marsh. Your perception on this is mine too. I also suspect that Kirstie knows to her cost from previous experiences that it is wiser not to be drawn into discussing her personal beliefs because it only results in being mocked and derided - a bit like declaring one is a Christian on here.
I know but she didn't give ANYTHING away that's my point , like i said i don't expect her to have a full in depth conversation lecturing the housemates on what Scientology is. But could she of been anymore vague !??. And i'm not saying i want her to get into full political & religious debates either .

But like i said in general when some celebrities have been asked about their
belief of Scientology they DO get defensive and don't co operate when answering questions or they talk in riddles .

I also find it suspicious and weird how some of the followers of this "religion" who were firm believers have since left the organisation and want no part of it .

And this video makes them sound like a brainwashing cult that dictates people and abuses their power

Old 22-08-2018, 03:55 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
I know but she didn't give ANYTHING away that's my point , like i said i don't expect her to have a full in depth conversation lecturing the housemates on what Scientology is. But could she of been anymore vague !??. And i'm not saying i want her to get into full political & religious debates either .

But like i said in general when some celebrities have been asked about their
belief of Scientology they DO get defensive and don't co operate when answering questions or they talk in riddles .

I also find it suspicious and weird how some of the followers of this "religion" who were firm believers have since left the organisation and want no part of it .

And this video makes them sound like a brainwashing cult that dictates people and abuses their power

Sci-Fi writer, Ron L. Hubbard - the founder of Scientology - led the most varied and interesting life, and the story of how Scientology evolved from his experiences makes for fascinating reading.

I am not a 'Scientologist' but I believe that any human being has a right to personally believe in what they want to believe in.

I also believe that any person has also the right not to want to discuss their belief if they choose not to.

As Marsh says - there are hundreds of books out there covering all aspects of Scientology for anyone interested.

As for brainwashing cults and control, there is anecdotal evidence that Scientology certainly has questions to answer but I do not think it is fair or reasonable to expect Kirstie Alley to answer them on a 'Reality TV' show, and until I witness any Scientologists going out and bombing and beheading, indulging in the mass shooting of innocent people or ploughing speeding vehicles into innocent pedestrians, I will NOT lose any sleep through worrying about such matters.

As for Kirstie's reluctance to talk about her personal beliefs, then as I have stated elsewhere; this is probably a decision borne of previous experiences where she HAS been drawn in to such a discussion during the most seemingly casual and innocuous of general conversations only to be 'ambushed' and attacked and derided for her those beliefs.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 22-08-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Old 22-08-2018, 03:57 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairefromsomewhereinnort View Post
Keeping out of Politics too, but the important WRONG thing about Kirstie is that she backs Trump. I ll not say any more except, just a quick glance at what he really stands for will show you that anyone who backs him is a disgrace too.
Rather like those here in this country who 'back' Corbyn?

Old 22-08-2018, 04:01 AM #10
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to ask a question about your religion, and to be honest her reluctance to talk about it just makes me think she's only skin-deep with Scientology. She generally seems to get flustered and unable to speak at length or with much conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 04:13 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to ask a question about your religion, and to be honest her reluctance to talk about it just makes me think she's only skin-deep with Scientology. She generally seems to get flustered and unable to speak at length or with much conviction.
And perhaps you have just highlighted another possible reason for her reluctance, Shaun - she knows that she is not eloquent enough or knowledgeable enough to discuss the subject in any depth.

She does not appear the most eloquent of speakers to me.

Old 22-08-2018, 04:13 AM #12
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I don’t really blame her for feeling defensive tbh...Scientology in general isn’t something that has a very positive reputation...she also has restrictions I think in what she can say, so maybe opts for a 5th amendment type approach just to be on the safe side...yeah it might have seemed a little extreme to explain nothing at all, even in the most simple terms...but I can understand in a way as well...

...Scientology aside though and the specific beliefs she has...talking about spiritual and religious beliefs with people who are essentially strangers is something that many people don’t wish to do..I don’t have a religion as such but I do have some spiritual beliefs, which I’ve only ever discussed or explained in any depth with a very few people...not because I feel I might be ridiculed or etc in any way by anyone...but more just because it’s such a personal thing that trust and bonds have to be established for me first...maybe Shaun’s right though, maybe she doesn’t understand Scientology in any deep way..?...hmmm, interesting...

Last edited by Ammi; 22-08-2018 at 04:25 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 04:17 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I don’t really blame her for feeling defensive tbh...Scientology in general isn’t something that has a very positive reputation...she also has restrictions I think in what she can say, so maybe opts for a 5th amendment type approach just to be on the safe side...yeah it might have seemed a little extreme to explain nothing at all, even in the most simple terms...but I can understand in a way as well...

...Scientology aside though and the specific beliefs she has...talking about spiritual and religious beliefs with people who are essentially strangers is something that many people don’t wish to do..I don’t have a religion as such but I’d do have some spiritual beliefs, which I’ve only ever discussed or explained in any depth with a very few people...not because I feel I might be ridiculed or etc in any way by anyone...but more just because it’s such a personal thing that trust and bonds have to be established for me first...maybe Shaun’s right though, maybe she doesn’t understand Scientology in any deep way..?...hmmm, interesting...
Great points, Ammi.

I would bet that there are millions of devout Christians who do not REALLY understand Christianity or the Judeo Christian bible in any real depth.

Ditto other religions.

Old 22-08-2018, 04:20 AM #14
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And perhaps you have just highlighted another possible reason for her reluctance, Shaun - she knows that she is not eloquent enough or knowledgeable enough to discuss the subject in any depth.

She does not appear the most eloquent of speakers to me.
Yeah that's true, but to me it'd be hard to call myself a member of any religion if I didn't at least have a basic set of core values I could eschew given the opportunity I know she doesn't have to discuss anything she doesn't want to but by default, the subject stirs intrigue.

Edit: I've used the word 'eschew' when I mean something similar and I can't think what it bloody is. Last time I try to be clever "Establish" will do I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 22-08-2018 at 04:33 AM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 04:28 AM #15
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...yeah I do actually also agree with Shaun...that she doesn’t seem to have any core values which she could discuss...the theory of Scientology if explained in a sentence or two is very positive..(..on the surface..)...and tbh Rodrigo would have been happy with a basic surface explanation, I think...well he was pushing for it...but still she gave him nothing..?...so yeah, I think Shaun is completely right tbh...
Old 22-08-2018, 04:32 AM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Yeah that's true, but to me it'd be hard to call myself a member of any religion if I didn't at least have a basic set of core values I could eschew given the opportunity I know she doesn't have to discuss anything she doesn't want to but by default, the subject stirs intrigue.

Edit: I've used the word 'eschew' when I mean something similar and I can't think what it bloody is. Last time I try to be clever

Old 22-08-2018, 04:35 AM #17

Quote:
...yeah I do actually also agree with Shaun...that she doesn’t seem to have any core values which she could discuss...the theory of Scientology if explained in a sentence or two is very positive..(..on the surface..)...and tbh Rodrigo would have been happy with a basic surface explanation, I think...well he was pushing for it...but still she gave him nothing..?...so yeah, I think Shaun is completely right tbh...
Just take a look at EVERY thread on here where seemingly innocuous titles such as; 'Are You A Christian' end up in a ****-fest of piss-taking and derision once any Christian is daft enough to be drawn in.

Old 22-08-2018, 04:38 AM #18
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Just take a look at EVERY thread on here where seemingly innocuous titles such as; 'Are You A Christian' end up in a ****-fest of piss-taking and derision once any Christian is daft enough to be drawn in.
...well only because we don’t have Kirstie’s rule down very well...don’t discuss it, preserve the thread...
Old 22-08-2018, 04:44 AM #19
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...completely off topic though..I think what niggled me most with Kirstie last night which I though was more ‘surface’...is when they were all making their pleas for the immunity..?..it felt to me that she engaged much more with the male housemates...her smiles were really full and warm with them...but I didn’t feel the same when any of the females made their pleas..?...I don’t know, it just didn’t all gel for me to feel consistent to the individual...I don’t know, with Scientology..?...are males the ‘masters’..in general I mean...are there any significant female presence in its theories..?...I mean I know Ron H is a Male obviously ...but I don’t know, something about that plea process made me feel uneasy in how she appeared to respond and then the choice she made...one of the most grim ‘storm’ housemates in there as well...
Old 22-08-2018, 04:46 AM #20
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

She was probably told exactly what to say when rehearsed. I didn't rehearsed at first, but then considering all I've read on their PR and how micromanaged it is, she was probably coached on the limits and type of answers she would provide...

Buying a book more than likely means coming into contact with the actual church... their recruitment begins with selling lots and lots of books as well as personal sessions. So probably the answer is tailored towards steering ppl towards the most direct path in. Smart if coached.

Last edited by Maru; 22-08-2018 at 04:47 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 04:48 AM #21
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
She was probably told exactly what to say when rehearsed. I didn't rehearsed at first, but then considering all I've read on their PR and how micromanaged it is, she was probably coached on the limits and type of answers she would provide...

Buying a book more than likely means coming into contact with the actual church... their recruitment is all selling lots and lots of books (very expensive). So probably the answer is tailored towards steering ppl towards the most direct path in. Smart if coached.
...well if you have to be coached in living your life and what your life rules are etc...then there lies the problem with Scientology, which should be a no go for anyone...
Old 22-08-2018, 04:50 AM #22
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it’s like the body snatchers...or something like that...those Scientologist have removed Kirstie from her body which is why she has no depth, which is why she feels vacant.....
Old 22-08-2018, 04:54 AM #23
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...well if you have to be coached in living your life and what your life rules are etc...then there lies the problem with Scientology, which should be a no go for anyone...
Yeah that's most of it... the sessions are getting your worst secrets and turning that into a tool later on to put that person on the spot to "clear" them. Those details are recorded... Kirstie is one of the bigger faces so she probably has been given a few directives... not even joking.
Old 22-08-2018, 04:55 AM #24
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

I actually quite like her, she's not been unbearable at all... if she is secretive, it could be to protect the church, but she also seems that way personality-wise... just a chilled, laid-back woman... imagine if Natalie had done her research on her.......

Last edited by Maru; 22-08-2018 at 04:56 AM.
Old 22-08-2018, 05:01 AM #25
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Oh should mention they don't even learn the basis of the religion until much higher levels (and way too much money in), and after that "reveal" becomes Top Secret.... ... even though they pretty much tell you in Southpark what they'd learn after $50K~100K or whatever the extortive amount is... so may be another reason why...

Oh here it is....

Last edited by Maru; 22-08-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alley, answering, kirstie, questions