Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB22 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2018 [CBB 22], won by Ryan Thomas, and housemates here.

-----

Old 27-08-2018, 10:40 PM #1

Default Kissing her engagement ring...

How pathetic...might take more than that. Steering clear of Ben might be more favourable to your fiancé...
Stupid cow...playing to the cameras AGAIN for that little bit of drama..
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 10:49 PM #2

That was definitely playing up for the cameras

The damage is done (or should be if her fiance has any sense) if she can act like that on tv with someone that pays her a little attention then what would she be like off camera

Last edited by Josy; 27-08-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 10:51 PM #3

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Run for the hills Lee.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 10:53 PM #4

...and of course it's everybody else's fault for implying it

If it bothered her that much she would steer clear. But she's loving the attention and the airtime. Don't like her at all...and this behaviour from a 35 year old woman..
Old 27-08-2018, 10:54 PM #5
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

I am actually finding Roxanne fascinating to watch now.
Old 27-08-2018, 11:02 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
I am actually finding Roxanne fascinating to watch now.
She's fascinating...by default.
Old 28-08-2018, 01:06 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
How pathetic...might take more than that. Steering clear of Ben might be more favourable to your fiancé...
Roxy is a bit of a mess isn't she , she seems emotionally all over the place.
Old 28-08-2018, 01:45 AM #8
Banned

Banned

i think she might be half-baked, all this strange behaviour suggests that she would do better in a French lunatic asylum. This is another idea for the next season's theme. I should get a consultant's job with CH5 and save this show.
Binbin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 05:17 AM #9
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...kissing it good luck for its eBay days..?...I think that she’s struggling to recall her fiancés voice etc shows how much she just wants ‘love’ and a happy ending, type thing...with them becoming engaged so quickly...she and Ben seem to have so many similarities which is maybe why their instant bond as well...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 05:22 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...kissing it good luck for its eBay days..?...I think that she’s struggling to recall her fiancés voice etc shows how much she just wants ‘love’ and a happy ending, type thing...with them becoming engaged so quickly...she and Ben seem to have so many similarities which is maybe why their instant bond as well...
If she's so madly in love with her fiance ,why would she freak out about forgetting his voice, how could she ever forget his voice ?? it's so absurd. I don't think she loves him that much. And they clearly rushed into things . Roxanne & Ben live in Disney , but their actions are that of 2 confused teenagers emotionally messy in the heads .
Old 28-08-2018, 06:07 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
That was definitely playing up for the cameras

The damage is done (or should be if her fiance has any sense) if she can act like that on tv with someone that pays her a little attention then what would she be like off camera

EXACTLY RIGHT.

This weird 'friendship' has become more suspect and unsavoury with each show, and HER complicity in this state-of-affairs is now beyond argument and indefensible given that she has a partner outside of the house.

I have read on here about her (and Jardine) having 'insecurities' which I personally find a load of tosh.

Being shallow and vain and relishing amorous advances from a creep because it feeds the ego is a world away from being 'insecure' in an adverse environment and finding solace from a genuinely platonic and supportive friendship.

The one who SHOULD be feeling insecure is Pallett's poor partner because - as you say - if she can act like this on camera in front of him, his friends, and his family (not to mention a few million viewers) then just WHAT will she be willing to get up to in the privacy of a hotel room?

TRUE security stems from within a genuine relationship where each partner has absolute confidence in the fidelity of the other because of the genuine love, caring and respect they have for each other.

Roxanne Pallett has shown that she does NOT love her partner, has no respect for him and does not care about his feelings or about embarrassing him in public.

'Insecurities' has ZILCH to do with it.

In my opinion.
I have your photo, husband darling.
I keep it in my locket
I take it off during extra-marital sex
Which is why I've never brokk it.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 28-08-2018 at 06:45 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 06:18 AM #12

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Dirty cheating hag....

Did you see her half pissed kissing his finger as he tried to hush her up....this pair are so desperate its actually sick enducing to watch.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 06:21 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
[/B]

EXACTLY RIGHT.

This weird 'friendship' has become more suspect and unsavoury with each show, and HER complicity in this state-of-affairs is now beyond argument and indefensible given that she has a partner outside of the house.

I have read on here about her (and Jardine) having 'insecurities' which I personally find a load of tosh.

Being shallow and vain and relishing amorous advances from a creep because it feeds the ego is a world away from being 'insecure' in an adverse environment and finding solace from a genuinely platonic and supportive friendship.

The one who SHOULD be feeling insecure is Pallett's poor partner because - as you say - if she can act like this on camera in front of him, his friends, and his family (not to mention a few million viewers) then just WHAT will she be willing to get up to in the privacy of a hotel room?

TRUE security stems from within a genuine relationship where each partner has absolute confidence in the fidelity of the other because of the genuine love, caring and respect they have for each other.

Roxanne Pallett has shown that she does NOT love her partner, has no respect for him and does not care about his feelings or about embarrassing him in public.

In my opinion.
Well look at Jermaine's wife she should worry aswell , by "insecure" i meant Roxy clearly ISN'T settled with her partner . She obviously fancies Ben but she keeps denying it which just makes her guilty.

She's not fooling us, if her and Ben were just friends why would she get so upset & defensive, it's either she know's her fiance will see there's something between her & Ben or she herself has doubts about her undying love for her partner.

In Roxy land she probably thinks it's ok because she melodramatically protested on the first night when sleeping arrangements happened, "ohh i can't sleep with a boy i'm engaged" . Sure whatever ROXY , you're practically sharing a bed with Ben you're laid that close to eachother with the constant touching .

I bet her Partner will still stick by her though , he'll probably blame the producers for stitching up his sweet innocent fiance up lol .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 28-08-2018 at 06:22 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 06:22 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..one man’s tosh is another man’s interest in people, Kirk..(..or woman’s interest I should say..)...there is usually a reason why egos feel the need to be fed, some kind of insecurity which is very deep...maybe I do overthink things..I do tend to explore under the surface rather than actions, which is what my working life has often been about...maybe it isn’t appropriate in BB though, maybe actions and behaviour highlighted is the only thing..?..that’s what is voted on with the public etc...that’s what realitiy shows are as intended...I am what I am though and I do what I do and my thoughts can’t help themselves...and it keeps interest for me, so I’m quite happy with that, I’m quite happy with me...and it’s taken me a long time to be, I can tell you...Lord oh Lord it’s taken a long time but I got there...
Old 28-08-2018, 06:44 AM #15

I have quoted an expressed sentiment.

My post is not against any member.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 07:01 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I think the expressed sentiment has only been expressed by me and one other member, just vaguely in one post in another thread...so far as I can see...so yeah, not really any general forum expressed sentiment at all...just mostly me and my meandering thoughts which I like to share with GoldHeart in the mornings in these quiet posting times we share...let’s hear it for the GoldHeart.....but yeah if you say so, Kirk... not against a member etc...my bad...
Old 28-08-2018, 07:41 AM #17

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
[/B]

EXACTLY RIGHT.

In my opinion.
I have your photo, husband darling.
I keep it in my locket
I take it off during extra-marital sex
Which is why I've never brokk it.
Spot on with all you say here, Kirk. Last night on BOTS she was called a narcissist, and I thought that was hitting the nail right on the head as regards Roxanne.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 07:42 AM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Dirty cheating hag....

Did you see her half pissed kissing his finger as he tried to hush her up....this pair are so desperate its actually sick enducing to watch.
Old 28-08-2018, 07:44 AM #19
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
How did she escape being up last night ? Everything she does is staged ,the stupid faces and expressions like shes been shot in the back PLEASE make her stop
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 08:09 AM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..one man’s tosh is another man’s interest in people, Kirk..(..or woman’s interest I should say..)...there is usually a reason why egos feel the need to be fed, some kind of insecurity which is very deep...maybe I do overthink things..I do tend to explore under the surface rather than actions, which is what my working life has often been about...maybe it isn’t appropriate in BB though, maybe actions and behaviour highlighted is the only thing..?..that’s what is voted on with the public etc...that’s what realitiy shows are as intended...I am what I am though and I do what I do and my thoughts can’t help themselves...and it keeps interest for me, so I’m quite happy with that, I’m quite happy with me...and it’s taken me a long time to be, I can tell you...Lord oh Lord it’s taken a long time but I got there...
I'm with you on tending to try to explore beneath the surface of actions, and I honestly think Kirk tends to do a little of that too. And there's nothing wrong with that, Ammi. I find that to be one of the most fascinating things to do when watching BB. I think in some of us there's an uncontrollable urge or need, to try to understand people though, and in my view, that's a positive thing. So, be proud of who you are, and don't feel the need to apologise for yourself.

I think, however, it is possible to see beneath the surface, have some empathy for a housemate, and still judge actions as selfish and wrong. There are deep rooted reasons why we all do what we do, but at the end of the day, most of us also know the difference between right and wrong, and decide whether we allow the experiences we have to influence our behaviour in a way that harms others or not. By the age of 35, whatever the reasons behind our behaviour, we are also aware of acceptable behaviour within a relationship, especially when it is as blatant as Roxanne's.

I'm sure if we tried to analyse Roxanne's behaviour, we could say her desperate need for love and attention, particularly from men, is a result of her never having had a loving father on the scene. We could also say all the amateur dramatics and playing up to the camera is a way of letting observers know she is feeling insecure, and in its own way is a cry for help. We could say that emotionally she is stuck in child mode because her need for attention from a father was never fulfilled as a child

However, I also believe that there are different personality types, and as someone said on BOTS last night, Roxanne is a narcissist, and that also determines how she reacts to any demons she might have, and whether she uses them as an excuse to hurt others.

Whatever the deep rooted reasons for her actions, the impact of them on others is still the same, and she is fully aware of that impact, which is why she is also showing so many signs of guilt - the kissing of the engagement ring being one of the most obvious examples. Sadly, despite that awareness and guilt, a narcissist will continue with the same behaviour, as the desire to fulfil their own needs is so much greater than their concern for the feelings of those they love. Hence we have Roxanne.

Just my analysis of Roxanne though.......!

Last edited by Garfie; 28-08-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 28-08-2018, 08:26 AM #21
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
I'm with you on tending to try to explore beneath the surface of actions, and I honestly think Kirk tends to do a little of that too. And there's nothing wrong with that, Ammi. I find that to be one of the most fascinating things to do when watching BB. I think in some of us there's an uncontrollable urge or need, to try to understand people though, and in my view, that's a positive thing. So, be proud of who you are, and don't feel the need to apologise for yourself.

I think, however, it is possible to see beneath the surface, have some empathy for a housemate, and still judge actions as selfish and wrong. There are deep rooted reasons why we all do what we do, but at the end of the day, most of us also know the difference between right and wrong, and decide whether we allow the experiences we have to influence our behaviour in a way that harms others or not. By the age of 35, whatever the reasons behind our behaviour, we are also aware of acceptable behaviour within a relationship, especially when it is as blatant as Roxanne's.

I do also believe that there are different personality types, and as someone said on BOTS last night, Roxanne is a narcissist, and that also determines how she reacts to her demons.
..yeah I am proud of who I am, Garfie...and as I said, lord oh Lordy it’s taken a long time getting there...a little past the 35yrs old age.....

..and I do understand your thoughts of narcissistic personality as well with Roxanne...she does display that, I can see..it was sometimes said of Natalie but I don’t think it applied to Natalie at all...she absorbed frustrations from others which she often acted and reacted on etc...a narcissistic personality wouldn’t absorb in such a way.or vent frustrations that she knew others felt, you know...she also has complete love and devotion for her family so far as I can see.....so complete care for others and having a family helps with that, I think...having found something she feel completes her , as it were ..and balances her out..?...

...I’m not sure that Roxanne has ever had such a balance in her life...whether with her job or in a relationship status...?...I don’t really know enough about her though or about her life...but she seems to fall too deeply and too quickly ..as does Ben also...it’s an interesting dynamic, I think...but yeah, sometimes we just have to say and judge as we see...and especially in the BB house...that’s something I’m not very good at, at anytime...but something I’m working on...just a little bit of a slow process I think......great post and thoughts btw..(..as always..).....
Old 28-08-2018, 09:06 AM #22

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Call me cynical but I don’t even think she really likes Ben as much as she’s making out.I think it’s part of her trying to give herself a storyline.She seems a transparent fake to me.It’s all about the drama.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 09:18 AM #23
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Call me cynical but I don’t even think she really likes Ben as much as she’s making out.I think it’s part of her trying to give herself a storyline.She seems a transparent fake to me.It’s all about the drama.
I agree
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 09:49 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..and I do understand your thoughts of narcissistic personality as well with Roxanne...she does display that, I can see..it was sometimes said of Natalie but I don’t think it applied to Natalie at all...she absorbed frustrations from others which she often acted and reacted on etc...a narcissistic personality wouldn’t absorb in such a way.or vent frustrations that she knew others felt, you know...she also has complete love and devotion for her family so far as I can see.....so complete care for others and having a family helps with that, I think...having found something she feel completes her , as it were ..and balances her out..?...

I agree with you. I don't believe Natalie to be a narcissist at all. She might be loud and objectionable in the way she expresses her views, but often she was making a valid point - just not in the right way. In many ways, she is the total opposite of Roxanne. Her strong objections to the way some house mates were showing total disregard for their partners outside suggest she has strong morals. It also suggests that she is empathetic and actually has compassion for others. She showed this on BOTS last night.

In many ways I have so much more respect for Natalie than for Roxanne. From what she has said, Natalie didn't have the easiest start in life and has experienced some difficulties in childhood. Despite that, I believe that beneath all the bluster, she is a decent person, who certainly has a sincere love and respect for her husband and her child, as well as a very strong sense of loyalty.

Although she didn't have a father on the scene, I get the impression- and I don't know this for a fact- that perhaps Roxanne had a more privileged upbringing than Natalie, and has perhaps been over-indulged. She certainly seems to care more about her own needs and feelings than those of whom she professes to love on the outside world.

I guess I have greater respect for Natalie's values.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
engagement, kissing, pallett, ring, roxanne