Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 30-09-2018, 03:21 AM #1
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Default Lindsay Lohan Punched in Face After Accusing Couple of Trafficking their Kids

Lindsay Lohan Punched in Face After Accusing Couple of Trafficking their Kids
http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/29/lindsa...ro1?adid=hero1

Quote:
Lindsay Lohan wins the most bizarre video of the month ... as she accuses parents of trafficking her children and then gets punched in the face.

Lindsay, who was in Moscow, gets out of her car and approaches the family -- 2 boys and their parents. She says they're Syrian refugees who need help.

Then it turns ... LiLo accuses them of trafficking their kids, as she speaks in both English and Arabic. At one point she says, "You're ruining Arabic culture."

After tailing the family for a bit and trying to take the children, you see the mother snap and attack Lindsay, socking her in the face.

The vid ends with a tearful Lindsay saying she was trying to save the boys.
wtf

*Edit: Added article that has a decent transcript:

https://m.eonline.com/au/amp/news/97...s-not-end-well

Quote:
Lindsay Lohan posted a bizarre video on Instagram Live on Saturday, showing her filming and trying to help what appeared to be a possibly homeless family of four, who she thinks are Syrian refugees.

In the footage, the 32-year-old Mean Girls star insists on helping the woman and two boys by paying for a hotel room for them. The woman was not having it. After the adults and the children begin walking away from the actress, she loudly accuses the man and woman of child trafficking and insists on taking the kids with her. The woman then angrily gets into a brief physical altercation with her.

Lohan has not commented further on the video, which may have been filmed in Moscow, as she had shared a photo of herself there earlier. In the footage, the actress, who has lived abroad over the past few years, occasionally says words in Russian as well as Arabic.

"Hey everyone I just want to show you a family that I met, a Syrian refugee family," Lohan says in the video, approaching a man and woman who are sitting on a sidewalk with two boys, who are huddled under a blanket. "Tell me your story so that I can help you. What do you need? Do you want me to give you a hotel? So I want you to tell America what you need and I will get it for you."

"Yalla habibi [Come on, my dear]," she tells one of the boys. "You want to come with me? Come with me. Come, come. I'll take care. Let me take care of you guys...do you want to stay in a hotel tonight? Do you want to watch movies? Yeah. It'd be so cool, right, to watch a movie on TV or a computer? Let's go. You're gonna be the boss from now on. I'll take you with me and we will see them tomorrow."

Lohan continues to plead with the woman to allow her to take the children to a hotel room for one night. She then offers to take all four people, but quickly changes her mind and says to the woman, "Not your husband. Just you and your kids."

The woman starts talking to the man again, during which Lohan says, "Three seconds, run," and laughs.

"You shouldn't be sleeping on the floor, OK?" she says to one of the kids. "Do you understand that? You shouldn't be sleeping on the floor. You're a good little boy and this is not fair."

"She then reprimands the woman, saying, "You should not have them on the floor. You're a heartbreaking woman, I'm freezing right now, and you should be doing what you do for your children so they'll have [a] better life and if someone's offering them a home and a bed, which is me at this moment, give it to them. No, they will come back to you. I'm a good person but this really, this is not right."

She explains to the adults, "I'm Italian-Irish, I speak Russian and I speak Arabic."

"Come, run. Let's go. They go. This is wrong...let them go, yalla, yalla," she continues. "Come on. Don't. They look tired and cold. I'll buy you a room. I'll buy you a hotel room, I will, I will do it, I'll buy it...come in my car and I'll buy a hotel room. Come, let's go."

After six minutes of pleading, the group then stands up. Lohan asks the boys if they are excited and tells them to put their shoes on, as they are barefoot. The adults start to pack up their few belongings, while the actress tries to persuade them to leave behind an item that is wet and dirty. The group then heads in the opposite direction of her car and Lohan cries out, "Look what's happening. They're trafficking children," adding, "I won't leave until I take you."

"Now I know who you are. Don't f--k with me. Hey kids!" she continues, following the group. "You're ruining Arab culture by doing this. You're taking these children. They want to go. I'm with you boys, don't worry. The whole world is seeing this right now. I will walk forever."

Lohan tries to approach one of the boys and have him give her his hand, which prompts the woman to protest loudly. There is short scuffle, during which Lohan drops her phone. The group leaves her and she starts talking to the camera.

"She just, I'm like in shock, people," Lohan says tearfully, clutching her cheek.
Edit2: Added longer version of video.... thought it was just filler...

Last edited by Maru; 30-09-2018 at 04:38 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 03:31 AM #2

I didn't think she could get anymore messy but omg
LaLaLand is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 05:59 AM #3
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...awwww, I’m sure her heart is in the right place, she seems like a really lovely soul..... but ‘helping’ them by taking their children from them because they ‘weren’t providing’...so misguided ....the reality of them living on the streets is so wrong ...but her way is not the way at all...a child needs their parents much more than they need the comfort of a hotel bedroom...and a parent knows that so the mother showed that...poor Lindsay...she cannot play God to families, no matter how sad their circumstances...

Last edited by Ammi; 30-09-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 06:04 AM #4
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

She has to have an untreated mental illness... I feel sad for her on that account
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 06:38 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
She has to have an untreated mental illness... I feel sad for her on that account
...she was an addict of drugs and alcohol for many years I believe..?...so yeah, I would think there is a very real possibility that could have created mental illness or ‘ a significant ‘stinting’ in mental growth, Mokka..?...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 10:04 AM #6

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Ruddy nut job.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 10:10 AM #7
A great thief

A great thief

Oh my GOD
Old 30-09-2018, 10:28 AM #8

That was Harassment
her saying the whole world is watching
her Phone Filming.
Not Live they were not
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 11:04 AM #9

Did she expect to make headlines as a saint for taking a child off his mother and putting him in a hotel.

She's almost childlike in her immaturity. Obviously good intentions but without one iota of common sense or rational thought.

Last edited by Marsh.; 30-09-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 11:36 AM #10
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Good old Lindsay trying to save the kids
Old 30-09-2018, 11:54 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Good old Lindsay trying to save the kids

Harassing them
though:

["Now I know who you are. Don't f--k with me. Hey kids!" she continues, following the group. "You're ruining Arab culture by doing this. You're taking these children. They want to go. I'm with you boys, don't worry. The whole world is seeing this right now. I will walk forever."]

Last edited by arista; 30-09-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 30-09-2018, 12:12 PM #12
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

nut job
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 02:55 PM #13
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Lindsay Lohan was my childhood celebrity crush when I was younger, true story
Old 30-09-2018, 05:55 PM #14
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Modern day mother Teresa?
Old 30-09-2018, 06:32 PM #15

Quote:
Modern day mother Teresa?
["Now I know who you are. Don't f--k with me. Hey kids!" she continues, following the group. "You're ruining Arab culture by doing this. You're taking these children. They want to go. I'm with you boys, don't worry. The whole world is seeing this right now. I will walk forever."]

No Way Amy
Old 30-09-2018, 06:57 PM #16

Remember when she became Muslim because she liked the fashion?
Old 30-09-2018, 07:53 PM #17
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnii View Post
I didn't think she could get anymore messy but omg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Did she expect to make headlines as a saint for taking a child off his mother and putting him in a hotel.

She's almost childlike in her immaturity. Obviously good intentions but without one iota of common sense or rational thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...awwww, I’m sure her heart is in the right place, she seems like a really lovely soul..... but ‘helping’ them by taking their children from them because they ‘weren’t providing’...so misguided ....the reality of them living on the streets is so wrong ...but her way is not the way at all...a child needs their parents much more than they need the comfort of a hotel bedroom...and a parent knows that so the mother showed that...poor Lindsay...she cannot play God to families, no matter how sad their circumstances...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
Lindsay Lohan was my childhood celebrity crush when I was younger, true story
She has always fascinated me (but probably for bad reasons ) ever since Mean Girls... though I liked her a lot as a child when she was a child actress... I always thought like Marsh said, she is very immature and I think she is an example of how being a child star and hitting fame so early can really jack with a person psychologically...

Knowing her backstory, I think she has always preferred to be the one in control of her surroundings. Maybe because of the abuse she witnessed as a child (her parents) and the power games they played with each other... (edit) Anyway the siblings, they were often a pawn of this, so her thing was always being the one to step in and be the adult, to even be the go-between with her parents... it was very toxic, but she has always tried to play things down like she was the adult in the room, always in control of herself (and the objective of others)... maybe it is a learned persona...

Something she would be loath to admit, but she is very much like her father. He was put in jail for insider trading as he used to work on street. The way he showed love towards his family was giving them lavish things... also, the way he "retracted" was by keeping control of those purse-strings, refusing to pay child support, and very much he is obsessed with how the money he "gives" is spent or "misused".

She very much does need to have this huge eye on her, this image of being a very important person, and he's like that as well... her mother has major issues with denial... but being above judgement, etc, being snobby and elite... that's pretty much her family...

I read about her mother when looking up details on this and their original home is still in foreclosure... she's been hanging onto that mansion for practically forever... a normal person would let it go if it was taking that much to hold onto... maybe down-size... but she's adamant about keeping that expensive house...

Dina Lohan Officially Declares Bankruptcy, Claiming More Than $1.7 Million in Debt
Source: https://popculture.com/celebrity/201...-million-debt/

I think what complicates things for families with child stars is that the family does become quite adjusted to having a "famous" child... it does mean the power imbalance is tampered with, in most cases, with the temptation of money... so yeah, I think Lindsay kept giving her money to hold onto the house (though that may have stopped)... but both her parents lived through their daughter... and how unhealthy is that, to have that much responsibility at such a young age? It's probably very hard for her to divorce herself completely from her prior persona, since that was all that she was known for... maybe all she felt valued for... so I do feel like in creating these new personas (which she seems to be doing with the Russia/Muslim thing, and her new accent)... it's helping her to distance herself as much from her past, so I kind of "get it"... her saying she is Italian, that's definitely how she (and her family) self-describe themselves... not American, ITALIAN... because don't f* with the Lohan mob...

It is a bit funny though... her accent disappeared as soon as she got punched/knocked down... suddenly Valley girl was back...

I don't particularly like her "new" accent, though I guess it is cute (in a Lindsay train-wreck sort of way--again not a good reason )... but what bothers me is the tone of voice... it sounds like she is possessed by a pack of cigarettes...

Anyway, she is a maybe a cautionary tale against why we should not adopt self-identification laws... she is so fascinating... I don't think she will ever change, but that's OK to a degree...

Last edited by Maru; 30-09-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 30-09-2018, 07:54 PM #18
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Attention. Did she ever fully convert?

Last edited by Maru; 30-09-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 30-09-2018, 09:35 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
Attention. Did she ever fully convert?
Yes. You can't wear flawless headscarves without being a devout Muslim.
Old 30-09-2018, 09:49 PM #20
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Fashion Icon ✓
Multi Cultural ✓
Humanitarian ✓
Old 30-09-2018, 09:51 PM #21
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Fashion Icon ✓
Multi Cultural ✓
Humanitarian ✓

Spoiler:

===3333 ...

Last edited by Maru; 30-09-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:49 AM #22

Favourites:

Favourites:

An absolute MESS, charge ha with harassment and attempted kidnapping
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:08 AM #23
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

And I thought we were all aware of mental illness, and treated it with a little sympathy. Sadly it seems I am mistaken.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:24 AM #24
You know my methods

You know my methods

i know the name but i have no idea who she is or why i know the name
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:16 AM #25
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
i know the name but i have no idea who she is or why i know the name
Not LT pretending he hasn't cracked one out to Mean Girls .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
accusing, couple, face, kids, lindsay, lohan, punched, trafficking