Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 11-10-2018, 10:35 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

Default Opinions on Akeem's treatment in the house?

Tbh it's been very uncomfortable to watch. Like it's not even jokingly, it's clearly spiteful, yet no one seems to mind it? Akeem's seemed to not mind it but I think it's apparent it's starting to get to him

What are your thoughts on it?
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:36 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):

I feel exactly the same way. It’ll provoke a very strong negative reaction from me if he gets evicted tomorrow. The bullies and scum win
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:39 PM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Everyone on twitter is commenting on how they feel uncomfortable too
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:40 PM #4
0_o

0_o

I don't get peoples issue with him at all. Either they are all getting at him for no reason, or theres a hell of a lot that we haven't been shown that would explain the animosity. But honestly, from what we have seen it seems a bit like he is being picked on. But he can handle himself anyway so thats not a worry as such. I do think theres a large chance of Lewis getting very pissed again and actually swinging for him. Anger issues.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 11-10-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:40 PM #5
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

In the task room I couldn't work out if it was just banter but I think Lewis and Cameron were being rude, Akeem was trying really hard and they both talked down to him so much.

It wasn't nice to watch at all
Old 11-10-2018, 10:48 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
Everyone on twitter is commenting on how they feel uncomfortable too
Good!
And in response to your above comment, precisely it's gonna give Lewis, Cameron, and Tomasz so much satisfaction and I don't look forward to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I don't get peoples issue with him at all. Either they are all getting at him for no reason, or theres a hell of a lot that we haven't been shown that would explain the animosity. But honestly, from what we have seen it seems a bit like he is being picked on. But he can handle himself anyway so thats not a worry as such. I do think theres a large chance of Lewis getting very pissed again and actually swinging for him. Anger issues.
Yeah Lewis is too volatile
From a few of the noms he got it was sorta apparent he must be doing something to provoke some tension, but I find it interesting how we've seen nothing offensive from Akeem, and I don't see BB pushing for an Akeem win, so I wonder if, and in which case why, they'd edit out some of his less favourable moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
In the task room I couldn't work out if it was just banter but I think Lewis and Cameron were being rude, Akeem was trying really hard and they both talked down to him so much.

Yeah, Cameron and Lewis bitching about Akeem, plus the fact they seemed genuinely angry with him, made me realise how serious it is
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:54 PM #7

They have ALL bitched about Akeem from day one...led by Thomasz and Cameron...
Then when Lewis argues with him...it's ALL Lewis's fault
Cameron's comment to Akeem in the task room was out of order when he said Akeem was picked because he is going on Friday...uncalled for.
Thomasz has slagged off Akeem since day one, behind his back apart from week one when he called Akeem a liar time and time again to his face when he said he was game playing.
They have all nominated him for the last 3 weeks...
Tonight was fuelled by drink and if I'm honest I found it hard to understand what either were talking about...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:55 PM #8
0_o

0_o

I think the hatred comes from when he was coin leader tbh. That got a bee in Tomasz bonnet which still hasn't left despite Akeem not being top for a while now, and Tomasz has been dropping poison, which has led to the treatment of Akeem that we see.

In short, I don't think its anything Akeems actually done, I think its Tomasz' random hatred of him.

Though I could be wrong of course.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:58 PM #9

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post
Tbh it's been very uncomfortable to watch. Like it's not even jokingly, it's clearly spiteful, yet no one seems to mind it? Akeem's seemed to not mind it but I think it's apparent it's starting to get to him

What are your thoughts on it?
I think Akeem acted a bit self righeous and smug when he was top of the leader board in the coin department and that got some of the housemates backs up making them want to take him down a peg or two. Hes a nice enough lad but I find it hard to warm to him

That being said Lewis and Cameron were totally wrong tonight Lewis despised Lewis G then started disliking Hussain and in the past week or so its Akeem. He is a train wreck at the moment. I certainly did find it very uncomfortable to watch.
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:58 PM #10
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

It's a weird one. Akeem is your stereotypical "nice guy" but I can definitely understand how some of the smugness must get annoying? Like, that whole laminate charade and then apologising to Isaac right after nominations had ended (which was HILARIOUS btw) were such transparent Good Guy moves. And the stuff like whistling and thinking out loud would probably annoy me too...

I think the stuff in the task room is banter though, he joins in and all three of them are laughing. They get on for the most part but alcohol and a few underlying issues and that's where the argument stemmed from

Last edited by Jack_; 11-10-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:59 PM #11

I have to say, Cameron seems to be getting worse with Akeem. I didn't like him pulling faces and making snidey comments while he was speaking to Issy in the tub. It reminded me of the school playground and I was quite disappointed in Cameron, tbh. Lewis basically told Akeem to stop prattling on like lads often do when they're drunk, but Cameron pulls Akeem to bits when he's sober.... much like Tomasz does and I don't like that.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:59 PM #12

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
IAC2018: Emily Atack

He's not topped the leader board in over a week but he still acts like he runs the house.
BBDodge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:00 PM #13

Favourites:
BB13: Luke A

Favourites:
BB13: Luke A

Quote:

Totally agree, especially Cameron who picks on Akeem at every opportunity the spoiled brat!
Old 11-10-2018, 11:03 PM #14
0_o

0_o

I do think that even though Lewis was overly aggressive tonight, Cameron behaves much worse. Yeah Lewis argued, but Cameron just pick pick picks all the ****ing time.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-10-2018, 11:04 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I do think that even though Lewis was overly aggressive tonight, Cameron behaves much worse. Yeah Lewis argued, but Cameron just pick pick picks all the ****ing time.
Yes, he can't seem to go a day without having a go at Akeem and he seems to be getting worse.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:04 AM #16

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB17: Jason

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB17: Jason

in the task akeem did seem to take the unappointed leader roll. couldnt work out why he seemed to be in charge all the time. ever since he was top of the leader board he acts as if hes top dog. I think that had to wind lewis & cameron up & it did appear the thinkers had been drinking wine all day through into the evening, so a lot of that was booze induced. something BB craftily do to stir up a good storyline, get the HMs drunk.
tanussa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:08 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
I think Akeem acted a bit self righeous and smug when he was top of the leader board in the coin department and that got some of the housemates backs up making them want to take him down a peg or two. Hes a nice enough lad but I find it hard to warm to him

That being said Lewis and Cameron were totally wrong tonight Lewis despised Lewis G then started disliking Hussain and in the past week or so its Akeem. He is a train wreck at the moment. I certainly did find it very uncomfortable to watch.

Both Lewis G and Hussein deliberately set out to wind Lewis F up for no reason...if someone did that to you wouldn't you dislike them too?
Old 12-10-2018, 12:09 AM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanussa View Post
in the task akeem did seem to take the unappointed leader roll. couldnt work out why he seemed to be in charge all the time. ever since he was top of the leader board he acts as if hes top dog. I think that had to wind lewis & cameron up & it did appear the thinkers had been drinking wine all day through into the evening, so a lot of that was booze induced. something BB craftily do to stir up a good storyline, get the HMs drunk.

Yes exactly...why did they let them drink wine during a task?
Old 12-10-2018, 12:15 AM #19
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

I agree even though the big argument was Akeem v Lewis I blame Cameron for most of the nastiness.

He was egging Lewis on and both he and Akeem were drunk (not that it is an excuse but most people are a bit ott when they have had a drink) wheras Cameron doesnt drink so his actions were pretty shady imo
Old 12-10-2018, 12:21 AM #20
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Both Lewis G and Hussein deliberately set out to wind Lewis F up for no reason...if someone did that to you wouldn't you dislike them too?
The problem for Lewis F is that he has had issues with Lewis G, Hussain, Anamelia, Kay, Tomasz, Isaac, and now it's Akeem.

How many more people can Lewis F take on until the public realise that he is the problem?

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:31 AM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
The problem for Lewis F is that he has had issues with Lewis G, Hussain, Anamelia, Kay, Tomasz, Isaac, and now it's Akeem.

How many more people can Lewis F take on until the public realise that he is the problem?

He will take on whoever he has a legitimate problem with...do we really want to watch the likes of Zoe, Cian, Tomasz, Sian who have problems with other housemates but just make sly comments with their besties and not confront the issue?...I don't.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:38 AM #22

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual

Favourites (more):

I think the dislike of Akeem did begin when he had the most big coins, as it isn't obvious that he is doing anything else worth mentioning to antagonise others so much.

Tomasz and Cameron did have the initial dislike of Akeem, because they believed him to be a game player. However, Tomasz's relationship seems to have improved greatly with Akeem- even when he voted for him this week, his reason was something like he knew he would beat Tomasz in a physical challenge. He can't be blamed for others' dislike of Akeem as they all have their own minds.

Lewis and Cameron were definitely pushing and provoking Akeem today, and both seemed pretty unpleasant- they are clearly feeding off each other in their targetting of him.

My view of Lewis has been deteriorating as the weeks have gone by, but I've tried to be understanding as he clearly has some issues. However, his behaviour tonight has made me feel enough is enough.

Lewis definitely has some good characteristics, but his negative traits are now seriously outweighing any positives for me. I'm now finding it difficult to see him as anything more than an unpleasant messed up little man, who seems to develop extreme hatred of some people well out of proportion to anything they've done.

I do wonder if people would have been so tolerant of him for so long if he had looked like Tomasz?
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:42 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post

This sums up where I'm at with Lewis now.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:47 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I agree even though the big argument was Akeem v Lewis I blame Cameron for most of the nastiness.

He was egging Lewis on and both he and Akeem were drunk (not that it is an excuse but most people are a bit ott when they have had a drink) wheras Cameron doesnt drink so his actions were pretty shady imo
Every individual is responsible for their own actions though, and Cameron cannot be blamed for Lewis' choice of actions in the pool, no more than Lewis can be excused as he'd been drinking. In all honesty, Lewis yet again displayed behaviour that he's been guilty of on far too many occasions before.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:50 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
He will take on whoever he has a legitimate problem with...do we really want to watch the likes of Zoe, Cian, Tomasz, Sian who have problems with other housemates but just make sly comments with their besties and not confront the issue?...I don't.
My point being is that he has issues with a lot of the Housemates, I mean the way that he spoke to Isabella in that episode was appalling imo.

And I'm not saying that I want Lewis F to be evicted, but I do strongly dislike how he sees himself as a saint and how it's even being encouraged by the show for the public to see him in that light, it's just not healthy the way that he behaves imo.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
akeem, house, opinions, treatment