Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 29-10-2018, 10:08 AM #26
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I paid good money to get Lewis out when he was up for eviction. I didn't get anything for that at the time either.
Yes jaxie, however it was all the other voting public who thwarted your attempts there.
Not just BB themselves.

No one is saying he shouldn't have been ejected if it was grossly offensive.
They should just show us what they made the decision on and show us the incident.

A reverse of the Pallet, Ryan incident.
When without the footage, he'd have been destroyed, however they showed it all.

Just show us the few seconds or minutes incident.
Treat us like we are able to see what's wrong for ourselves.
OR, what are they hiding from us.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 10:10 AM #27
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Yes jaxie, however it was all the other voting public who thwarted your attempts there.
Not just BB themselves.

No one is saying he shouldn't have been ejected if it was grossly offensive.
They should just show us what they made the decision on and show us the incident.

A reverse of the Pallet, Ryan incident.
When without the footage, he'd have been destroyed, however they showed it all.

Just show us the few seconds or minutes incident.
Treat us like we are able to see what's wrong for ourselves.
OR, what are they hiding from us.
If they were hiding anything, or his ejection was unjust, Lewis would be telling us all about it, I think they are protecting him more than anything

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 29-10-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 10:11 AM #28
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
He was thrown out by the public.
A major difference.

No matter the housemate, we should be told at least, if not shown the incident, why any supporters lose the housemate they kind of sponsor really via their time and cost of votes to keep them in.

Since this is something he said, as you stated rightly, they could bleep the offending word out.
As viewers on BB, where the idea is, we look in on a collection of people thrown together, to see them and how they react, and say and do the things they do.
We should have far more information on an ejection, immaterial of whichever housemate is ejected, than we have had here.

The housemates know, BB knows, channel 5 know, since it's not a criminal matter or one for any authorities..
Then we should be told more fully and know too.
all we know for sure is that Lewis admitted responsibility for saying something that wasn't acceptable. I struggle with it a lot really, because there have been loads of instances where he said things previously that I found unacceptable, and not a single warning was shown. BB didn't show it, broadcast it, so I'm kind of at a loss. I think back to all the live feed we used to have where people discussed all sorts of things, some of them quite libelous if aired, and all they did was apply some bird noises. No drama, no nothing .... i'm at a loss really
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 10:18 AM #29
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
If they were hiding anything, or his ejection was unjust, Lewis would be telling us all about it, I think they are protecting him more than anything
He may not legally be able to say anything if BB haven't.
You hear from evictees in the past, are they allowed to say this or that.

All were told to, it seemed, to keep quiet re Jay putting his mess in the freezer.
We'd never have known that but for some evictees slipping up and saying it.

Last edited by joeysteele; 29-10-2018 at 10:33 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:09 AM #30
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The secrecy is wrong. They should show what happened and let us judge the situation. Because they haven't done that, i refuse to watch anymore until they do.
Old 29-10-2018, 11:21 AM #31
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

41 series and you don't grasp that voting is basically a gamble...plenty of us lost money in the long run.
Old 29-10-2018, 11:23 AM #32
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
The secrecy is wrong. They should show what happened and let us judge the situation. Because they haven't done that, i refuse to watch anymore until they do.
Doubt they're arsed as it is cancelled anyway.
Old 29-10-2018, 01:13 PM #33

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
So how can they get away with just ditching him and not showing us why. Doesn't there need to be transparency when money is changing hands?

Think about it, he could have been getting warnings for weeks but they might have kept him for revenue then jettisoned him before the final week to allow their chosen winner to romp home.

I don't vote. But if I had voted for Lewis then I would want answers.
We don't often agree on here ThriceShy but in this we do. I cannot remember any incident where someone was removed and we didn't see the clip of what happened to get them removed or found out why they were removed It is very very strange that the public haven't been shown or told the real reason why he was removed. I would be furious if I had spent a lot of money(and I know ppl who did) to keep him in
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 01:18 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
People voted to evict Lewis, nobody voted to save him

People voted to evict his opponents in order to save him.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 01:18 PM #35
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
People voted to evict his opponents in order to save him.
Your mistake.
Old 29-10-2018, 01:21 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
41 series and you don't grasp that voting is basically a gamble...plenty of us lost money in the long run.
Voting is not a gamble. Remember the trouble caused when Nikki was put back in. When money is involved there has to be clarity regarding evictions and ejections.
Old 29-10-2018, 01:23 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Your mistake.

Yes I should never have been such a staunch Lewis fan....

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...16&postcount=9

Old 29-10-2018, 02:00 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
We don't often agree on here ThriceShy but in this we do. I cannot remember any incident where someone was removed and we didn't see the clip of what happened to get them removed or found out why they were removed It is very very strange that the public haven't been shown or told the real reason why he was removed. I would be furious if I had spent a lot of money(and I know ppl who did) to keep him in
Well I can and in the very last CBB with Rodrigo.
Old 29-10-2018, 06:39 PM #39

Quote:
Imagine you voted for a housemate over the course of a series and spent maybe Ł20 or more or whatever. Would you be happy that they were just secretly ejected Kafka style with no reasons given?

I contend that people who paid to keep Lewis in are owed an explanation.

And it doesn't matter which housemate it is. It just happens to be Lewis but the same would apply to all of them.
Agree with you -

We should get better transparency and if not we shouldn't vote. They only know through their pockets.

Cant stand the competition either - 5 mins every highlight show that takes up - who enters these things? If you add up 5 mins everyday for two months its a waste of time.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 06:44 PM #40
Rule #1: Never Be #2

Rule #1: Never Be #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
I think this is more of an issue/conspiracy/problem with the betting than the people paying/voting to keep him in. Could've been too many bets placed on Lewis F and he was just rigged out for the bookies.
That is utter nonsense. Firstly, in mickey mouse, low-turnover events such as this, bookies liabilities could never get out of control. Secondly, if their book did become heavily unbalanced, ask yourself why he only briefly went slight odds-on..and remained backable @ evs or above? At no point was he cut drastically to odds which suggested he was 75-90% likely to win(which has happened many times in the past) even though that's the ridiculous impression his fanatical supporters were giving..like he had it sewn up, "in the bag". The simple truth is his win was anything but "in the bag". He had a 50-50 chance at best. That chance might have increased with the favoured editing in the home stretch, but it's no certainty that it wouldn't have decreased. Worthy or not, "favs" are there to be beaten..and many times we'll see just that. I remember that bitch Katie Hopkins being heavy odds-on fav to win her series,, and what happened? KP(who was readily available to back around 4/1) ran all over her. More recently, the last I checked on the US odds, douchebag Tyler was 2/5. And we all know what happened there

Lastly, bookies are independent firms. They have no say/sway on the outcome of any event(from non-affiliated organizations) they've decided to accept bets on.

The simple fact is Lewser said something disgusting enough warrant the boot. We don't have to be shown, or know specifically what he said. His acceptance of it, his apology(as forced and insincere as it was) is enough to tell us even HE KNOWS they had him bang to rights. Add to that Brooke's look(when being told of his expulsion) which said "yep, I knew it. I knew he wouldn't get away with that. I knew they'd remove him for saying something so abhorrent"..

So, his supporters need to wise the **** up and realise that he(and they - as loyal supporters of 1 giant ego that almost certainly views them as inferior peasants..) have actually been let off the hook by omitting his repugnant views.

What we can say is, IF he'd been a more likeable character, IF he'd shown some class, IF he'd shown a humbleness, IF he'd got out of his own ass long enough to take other perspectives on board, IF he hadn't shown a desire to control everything and everyone around him, IF he hand't been a petulant little bitch, IF he hand't been treating the show and the rest of the competition like they were all beneath him etc.. there's a fair chance that any such repugnant "slip of the tongue" might just have been swept under the rug. As it was, it allowed the decision maker/s(who obviously aren't impressed by the moron) to give him the chop..and have zero guilt over not doing him any favour.
Old 29-10-2018, 06:47 PM #41

Favourites:
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites:
Love Island 5: Amber

Investing money into criminals is never a good idea
EllieBrownFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:04 PM #42

Quote:
So how can they get away with just ditching him and not showing us why. Doesn't there need to be transparency when money is changing hands?

Think about it, he could have been getting warnings for weeks but they might have kept him for revenue then jettisoned him before the final week to allow their chosen winner to romp home.

I don't vote. But if I had voted for Lewis then I would want answers.
Well there is a theory that he has been used and abused, this was brought up by the attack of the three witches on BOTS and Hussain being given the privilege of shouting "get Lewis out". All too much of a coincidence tbh, he went the next day.

In another forum it was said that he had walked, a day or so before it happened. This forum has now taken on Akeem as an administrator. When challenged the person said he was only joking. Just makes one wonder.

Hopefully the punters will get satisfaction one way or another, if it were me I would want to find out. Many pay 100s.
Jules82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:07 PM #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieBrownFan View Post
Investing money into criminals is never a good idea

Wasnt aware there were any criminals on the show, do you have proof if not it is rather libellous to say such a thing, knowing it was meant to be for a present HM. The posts are read.
Old 29-10-2018, 07:12 PM #44

If you bet on a wonky donkey you can't really complain when it decides to suddenly bolt head first into the nearest hedge
Clown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:15 PM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sniper View Post
That is utter nonsense. Firstly, in mickey mouse, low-turnover events such as this, bookies liabilities could never get out of control. Secondly, if their book did become heavily unbalanced, ask yourself why he only briefly went slight odds-on..and remained backable @ evs or above? At no point was he cut drastically to odds which suggested he was 75-90% likely to win(which has happened many times in the past) even though that's the ridiculous impression his fanatical supporters were giving..like he had it sewn up, "in the bag". The simple truth is his win was anything but "in the bag". He had a 50-50 chance at best. That chance might have increased with the favoured editing in the home stretch, but it's no certainty that it wouldn't have decreased. Worthy or not, "favs" are there to be beaten..and many times we'll see just that. I remember that bitch Katie Hopkins being heavy odds-on fav to win her series,, and what happened? KP(who was readily available to back around 4/1) ran all over her. More recently, the last I checked on the US odds, douchebag Tyler was 2/5. And we all know what happened there

Lastly, bookies are independent firms. They have no say/sway on the outcome of any event(from non-affiliated organizations) they've decided to accept bets on.

The simple fact is Lewser said something disgusting enough warrant the boot. We don't have to be shown, or know specifically what he said. His acceptance of it, his apology(as forced and insincere as it was) is enough to tell us even HE KNOWS they had him bang to rights. Add to that Brooke's look(when being told of his expulsion) which said "yep, I knew it. I knew he wouldn't get away with that. I knew they'd remove him for saying something so abhorrent"..

So, his supporters need to wise the **** up and realise that he(and they - as loyal supporters of 1 giant ego that almost certainly views them as inferior peasants..) have actually been let off the hook by omitting his repugnant views.

What we can say is, IF he'd been a more likeable character, IF he'd shown some class, IF he'd shown a humbleness, IF he'd got out of his own ass long enough to take other perspectives on board, IF he hadn't shown a desire to control everything and everyone around him, IF he hand't been a petulant little bitch, IF he hand't been treating the show and the rest of the competition like they were all beneath him etc.. there's a fair chance that any such repugnant "slip of the tongue" might just have been swept under the rug. As it was, it allowed the decision maker/s(who obviously aren't impressed by the moron) to give him the chop..and have zero guilt over not doing him any favour.
All the sniping Ifs, so if you have proof of your words, which I only get the gist of, too much to read sensibly, present it. You will find that no matter what his loyal fans will stand by him. The fact that BB stood up for him says a lot. The fact that his family are with him, says a lot, they wouldnt risk any untrue comments, they would just keep quiet.

He is the eventual true favourite outside the house no matter what, any winner now will be second best and win on his shirt tails. Hopefully it will be Cameron. Also if one thinks that the bookies and powers that be cannot do the dirty, you are wrong it has been done many times, it is all about money. This is why I never count my chickens.

Cameron to win..

Last edited by Jules82; 29-10-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 29-10-2018, 07:21 PM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
I dont begrudge the money I have spent to keep him in tbh, it worked and nothing was wasted. Had it happened this week when money is put in for our winner, then viewers would have a lot to shout about.
Old 29-10-2018, 07:23 PM #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown View Post
If you bet on a wonky donkey you can't really complain when it decides to suddenly bolt head first into the nearest hedge
He didnt bolt though and this is what all the confusion is about. Proof is needed as to what context the word was said.
Old 29-10-2018, 07:25 PM #48
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

This thread is basically saying that BB should never eject people lol...

What kind of logic

Last edited by Babayaro.; 29-10-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:30 PM #49
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules82 View Post
This forum has now taken on Akeem as an administrator. When challenged the person said he was only joking. Just makes one wonder.
...what?
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:37 PM #50

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Olivia
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Olivia
BB7: Lea

This is a C5 thing being politically correct. Even when the Jade and Shilpa thing went down we were still shown what happened, but C4 was ridiculed for airing it. I suppose it’s just easier for them to not show anything at all and give a vague reason. Still BS though. They’ve taken the appropriate action. They should still show what went down, or at least provide a statement.
madman411 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
lewis, money, paid, people