Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2019, 06:42 PM   #1
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default What is to blame for homophobic hate crime?

It's risen dramatically since I was a lad...so what is to blame?
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.

Last edited by parmnion; 04-10-2019 at 07:33 PM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #2
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 25,197


Default

The homophobe.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #3
Vicky.
0_o
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 64,377


Default

I lame the homophobes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
always cook meals, i did have chinese takeaways the year before the corona **** happened
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #4
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Yes I do as well..


Can I be a bit more specific!

What does britain blame for homophobic hate crime
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #5
SherzyK
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬
 
SherzyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,824

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Apprentice 2019: Jemelin
The Circle 2019: Woody
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Yes I do as well..


Can I be a bit more specific!

What does britain blame for homophobic hate crime
You mean who?
SherzyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:09 PM   #6
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Can this please be merged with arista thread about the homophobic attack...he has linked the story that inspired this thread.
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #7
Withano
Withano
 
Withano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19,675

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Helen Lederer


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Yes I do as well..


Can I be a bit more specific!

What does britain blame for homophobic hate crime
...still homophobes. What kind of answer are you hoping for haha
__________________
Withano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #8
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
...still homophobes. What kind of answer are you hoping for haha

I wanted everyone's answer..
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #9
Tony Montana
Why So Serious?
 
Tony Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: A Galaxy far, far away
Posts: 15,999

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Apprentice 2019: Lottie


Default

The homophobes. Who else are you supposed to blame?
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #10
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
The homophobes. Who else are you supposed to blame?
Ive edited my title...what do you think about my proper debate topic?
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #11
SherzyK
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬
 
SherzyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,824

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Apprentice 2019: Jemelin
The Circle 2019: Woody
Default

“What is to you blame for homophobic hate crime?“

SherzyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #12
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 45,094

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

There is nothing else to blame homophobia on but homophobes engaging in their hatred. There's no magical deus ex machina that makes homophobes less responsible for their own hatred.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #13
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherzyK View Post
“What is to you blame for homophobic hate crime?“

Awwww..you had to type it out yourself cause I edited it to quickly cause I never saw it first time as cause my reading glasses are sitting at a jaunty angle..



Biggest reach in tibb history petal..xx
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #14
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
There is nothing else to blame homophobia on but homophobes engaging in their hatred. There's no magical deus ex machina that makes homophobes less responsible for their own hatred.
Lot of youth involved dezzy, the voters we need to look after..stabbings...yes..we better respect them and thier opinions...
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #15
SherzyK
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬
 
SherzyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,824

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Apprentice 2019: Jemelin
The Circle 2019: Woody
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Awwww..you had to type it out yourself cause I edited it to quickly cause I never saw it first time as cause my reading glasses are sitting at a jaunty angle..



Biggest reach in tibb history petal..xx
Copy and pasted it love, but keep trying

In answer to your very vague question, homophobes are to blame for homophobic attacks
SherzyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #16
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 11,364

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

There's nothing societal we can pin blame on, if that's the kind of answer you're looking for. Crappy parenting and individual bigotry, sure, but (western) society itself carries no blame.
__________________

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:03 PM   #17
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 45,094

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Lot of youth involved dezzy, the voters we need to look after..stabbings...yes..we better respect them and thier opinions...
And we finally reach the point of this topic.

You want to take blame away from the homophobes, that's why you keep trying to reframe the same question to stop getting the same answer. I'm not going to hug someone who would see me die and tell that it's okay for them to think that. That is ****ing insane.

People are responsible for their own actions, we shouldn't excuse someone for doing wrong when they are in perfect control of their faculties. They chose their course of action and they chose to deal with the consequences.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #18
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
There's nothing societal we can pin blame on, if that's the kind of answer you're looking for. Crappy parenting and individual bigotry, sure, but (western) society itself carries no blame.
Why?

Imo, this video proves the rise of homophobic hate crime in Britain over the last decade is solely down to people who don't follow the British values...imo, that is nothing else but societal.
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #19
SherzyK
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬
 
SherzyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,824

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Apprentice 2019: Jemelin
The Circle 2019: Woody
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Why?

Imo, this video proves the rise of homophobic hate crime in Britain over the last decade is solely down to people who don't follow the British values...imo, that is nothing else but societal.
Why do you think that?
SherzyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:09 PM   #20
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
And we finally reach the point of this topic.

You want to take blame away from the homophobes, that's why you keep trying to reframe the same question to stop getting the same answer. I'm not going to hug someone who would see me die and tell that it's okay for them to think that. That is ****ing insane.

People are responsible for their own actions, we shouldn't excuse someone for doing wrong when they are in perfect control of their faculties. They chose their course of action and they chose to deal with the consequences.
How can you say people are in control of thier actions when thier are all kinds of abuses of the young going on?

I don't get that, one minute kids will be effected in later life if they are smacked, next thing it's thier problem if they do something wrong.

What made this gang of youths so homophobic that they would spray pepper spray in a couples eyes?
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:10 PM   #21
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherzyK View Post
Why do you think that?
Because British values is 100 percent against such actions
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:11 PM   #22
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 45,094

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Why?

Imo, this video proves the rise of homophobic hate crime in Britain over the last decade is solely down to people who don't follow the British values...imo, that is nothing else but societal.
Homophobia isn't something that's recent and it's not something that is solely caused by people who aren't white or are muslim or whatever 'those who don't follow british values' are supposed to be.

Gay bashing never went away and you can't point the finger at anyone other than homophobes for that. Homophobes are the cause of homophobia, homophobes are the cause of homophobic attacks, there is no other answer than that.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:12 PM   #23
parmnion
I'm a brawbag
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 33,764

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Homophobia isn't something that's recent and it's not something that is solely caused by people who aren't white or are muslim or whatever 'those who don't follow british values' are supposed to be.

Gay bashing never went away and you can't point the finger at anyone other than homophobes for that. Homophobes are the cause of homophobia, homophobes are the cause of homophobic attacks, there is no other answer than that.


I know it's not new...but it's beginning to spike graphs..why is that?...why has it risen so much in the last 5 years?
__________________
‐----------
Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #24
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 45,094

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
How can you say people are in control of thier actions when thier are all kinds of abuses of the young going on?

I don't get that, one minute kids will be effected in later life if they are smacked, next thing it's thier problem if they do something wrong.

What made this gang of youths so homophobic that they would spray pepper spray in a couples eyes?
Plenty of people go through terrible trauma that would break a person and they don't become abusers or racists or homophobes or whatever. To use that as an excuse is to insult those who have suffered trauma. Even people raised surrounded by bigotry can't blame their upbringing and I speak from experience. Blaming society, upbringing, trauma, it's all excuses to justify hatred. So many of us have suffered from these things yet we don't become fuelled by hatred and violence.

The gang in question have no one to blame but themselves.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:25 PM   #25
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 45,094

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I know it's not new...but it's beginning to spike graphs..why is that?...why has it risen so much in the last 5 years?
For the same reasons why hate crime in the US and Brazil has risen in the past few years and why LGBT people are hunted like animals in Russia. Bigots have become emboldened by the extreme establishment in these places that have attained power through inspiring hatred.

In the immediate wake of the Brexit result, hate crimes spiked significantly and have risen since, I believe and that's because bigots now feel emboldened and validated when before they knew to keep their hatred hidden.

You can't blame hatred on anything other than those that are consumed by it but the patterns are mostly down to a feeling of validation. You only have to look at the hate crime rates in countries that have recently elected extreme governments to see that there's a pattern there.

Now these governments are definitely making these bigots feel inspired but, at the end of the day, bigots are bigots and the choices to act on their hatred are theirs' alone. You can't blame circumstance when you choose to commit violence against someone.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
blame, crime, hate, homophobic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:17 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts