Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
Smithy
Skinny Legend
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 54,293
Blog Entries: 4


Default Hogwarts Legacy [PS5]



Nnnn not the best time to announce it
__________________

The scars on my mind are on replay

Last edited by Smithy; 16-09-2020 at 09:33 PM.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #2
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 42,743

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

It does look good but Rowling's not getting a penny more of my money.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 12:29 AM   #3
Toy Soldier
Volcanic Protector Man
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 23,055
Blog Entries: 1


Default

It looks great, a real shame that some people will opt out because of Twitter politics. I doubt it'll be many, though.
__________________
___________________________________
I smile and I say that the world is just fine,
as these ****ing parasites eat up my spine,
So I ask you once, and I ask you again;
Where do your roots start,
And where do your roots end?
___________________________________



Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 12:58 AM   #4
DouglasS
User banned
 
DouglasS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Manchester
Posts: 6,288

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
BBCanada 7: Eddie
BB19: Akeem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It does look good but Rowling's not getting a penny more of my money.
The poor poor developers and all their hard work ruined because of poor attitudes like this..

People making poor decisions like this will probably impact hundreds of hardworking people that do not earn that much - especially in an industry that has been impacted from COVID. Seems a selfish decision to make. JK Rowling is beyond rich and any royalties she make from this will be insignificant to her and she probably wouldn’t even notice if the project was to fail, nor would she probably even care. Attitudes like this however will ruin the developers who have put blood sweat and tears into it, And maybe leave some jobless and it’s their bonuses that will be taken away. Seem to be punishing the wrong people.

Last edited by DouglasS; 17-09-2020 at 12:59 AM.
DouglasS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 01:10 AM   #5
Toy Soldier
Volcanic Protector Man
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 23,055
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
The poor poor developers and all their hard work ruined because of poor attitudes like this..

People making poor decisions like this will probably impact hundreds of hardworking people that do not earn that much - especially in an industry that has been impacted from COVID. Seems a selfish decision to make. JK Rowling is beyond rich and any royalties she make from this will be insignificant to her and she probably wouldnít even notice if the project was to fail, nor would she probably even care. Attitudes like this however will ruin the developers who have put blood sweat and tears into it, And maybe leave some jobless and itís their bonuses that will be taken away. Seem to be punishing the wrong people.
I mean, it's peoples choice whether or not they want to spend their own money on something, so long as they're not calling for a boycott or trying to pressure people into not buying the game.

That said, if the game is good and reviews well then I don't see sales being impacted dramatically.
__________________
___________________________________
I smile and I say that the world is just fine,
as these ****ing parasites eat up my spine,
So I ask you once, and I ask you again;
Where do your roots start,
And where do your roots end?
___________________________________



Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 03:30 AM   #6
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 42,743

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
The poor poor developers and all their hard work ruined because of poor attitudes like this..

People making poor decisions like this will probably impact hundreds of hardworking people that do not earn that much - especially in an industry that has been impacted from COVID. Seems a selfish decision to make. JK Rowling is beyond rich and any royalties she make from this will be insignificant to her and she probably wouldn’t even notice if the project was to fail, nor would she probably even care. Attitudes like this however will ruin the developers who have put blood sweat and tears into it, And maybe leave some jobless and it’s their bonuses that will be taken away. Seem to be punishing the wrong people.
It's my hard earned money and I'll choose what to do with it. No game is entitled to my wallet and if I disagree with who profits from the game, then I won't likely support it unless things change between now and release. To say I'm being selfish by not throwing my money at a product is ridiculous.

Also, it's Warner Bros game division, home of Mortal Kombat, the Arkham games, Injustice and more, it's not some poor indie studio that's struggling to keep the lights on, it's a Triple A developer whose games have sold millions. Attitudes like mine ruins nothing, game development is a competitive business and market, if, for whatever reason a game doesn't appeal to me, then I'm not going to buy it.
__________________

Last edited by Niamh.; 17-09-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 03:32 AM   #7
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 42,743

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It looks great, a real shame that some people will opt out because of Twitter politics. I doubt it'll be many, though.
If it weren't for trans people, the gay rights movement wouldn't be where it is and the LGBT wouldn't have the rights we enjoy now, I'm not going to support something that puts money in the pocket of a transphobe.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 05:31 AM   #8
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 52,296


Default

...not wanting to join the thread as such but I donít think that itís Twitter politics...the T of LGBT is one minority that has showed very little progression, sadly...so the feeling that itís being regressed more atm and somehow Ďtargetedí...is obviously a very real concern to the LGBT community and supporters of etc..which Twitter politics would kind of dismiss the importance of..(..I personally feel...)...I doubt that sales will be impacted much if at all, really...the negative impact felt by the community is much more of an issue, is whatís being felt, I think...one thing is a regression of something so very important.../..as opposed to income


...anyways thatís that of that...I didnít even look at the game...oooops.....
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 07:47 AM   #9
Toy Soldier
Volcanic Protector Man
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 23,055
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
If it weren't for trans people, the gay rights movement wouldn't be where it is and the LGBT wouldn't have the rights we enjoy now, I'm not going to support something that puts money in the pocket of a transphobe.
I did say in response to DouglasS that it's obviously down to individuals where they want to spend their money and on what, I don't have an issue with that so long as accusations aren't aimed at those who do buy it.

I disagree that JK Rowling is an out-and-out transphobe, I think she's sadly been tempted down the path of being a bit knee-jerk on Twitter on a couple of occasions, but her actual writing on the subject is not transphobic at all. And I think the issues and interactions between trans rights and safety and women's rights and safety are massively complex and boiling them down to simplicities and stonewall tactics is ultimately unhelpful or even counterproductive.

Tech and games section isn't for politics though!

I do think on something like this it's fair enough to just say each to their own and there's obviously no reason that anyone should feel pressured to spend money on something they're not comfortable buying.
__________________
___________________________________
I smile and I say that the world is just fine,
as these ****ing parasites eat up my spine,
So I ask you once, and I ask you again;
Where do your roots start,
And where do your roots end?
___________________________________



Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #10
Oliver_W
#BaconLettuceMayo
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,560

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Looks good! Hope it does well, I'm still yet to hear anything actually transphobic from JK, hope stupid internet crap doesn't get in the way of people buying and enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Also, it's Warner Bros game division, home of Mortal Kombat, the Arkham games, Injustice and more, it's not some poor indie studio that's struggling to keep the lights on, it's a Triple A developer whose games have sold millions. Attitudes like mine ruins nothing, game development is a competitive business and market, if, for whatever reason a game doesn't appeal to me, then I'm not going to buy it.
That's just the company itself, not the little people who work for it. I don't know if you noticed, but Big Companies aren't well known for treating the people who do the actual work very well.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of

Last edited by Niamh.; 17-09-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Oliver_W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #11
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 42,743

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Looks good! Hope it does well, I'm still yet to hear anything actually transphobic from JK, hope stupid internet crap doesn't get in the way of people buying and enjoying it.


That's just the company itself, not the little people who work for it. I don't know if you noticed, but Big Companies aren't well known for treating the people who do the actual work very well.
And what evidence do you have that the people who work in Warner Bros Gaming Division are treated badly or would get released if a project doesn't sell well despite the division's rampant success in other games guaranteeing continued profit? It's all assumptions on your part.

You don't get rid of staff if a game bombs unless that bomb damages your company to make it necessary. If the game is technically sound, you don't fire the people who created it, if anything, the issues facing this game are that of marketing because they will have to deal with Jk's transphobic shadow over it, so no, poor devs aren't going to get sacked just because people are allowed to do what they please with their own money. That's just an attempt to blame consumers for being consumers, if you try to dictate what I can or can't do with my own money, I will do the opposite of what you want me to do.

My money, my decision. You have no rights to dictate what games I should spend it on.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #12
Oliver_W
#BaconLettuceMayo
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,560

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
because they will have to deal with Jk's transphobic shadow over it
Again, I'm yet to hear anything actually transphobic from her?
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of

Last edited by Niamh.; 17-09-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Oliver_W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 11:48 AM   #13
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 128,303

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Have edited out/deleted some posts in here, can you all please stop getting personal with each other and stick to the topic? Thanks
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #14
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 19,990

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

I’ve waited so long for a decent Harry Potter game, it’s a shame it wasn’t released before she exposed herself
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #15
Elliot
Senior Member
 
Elliot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7,365

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
IAC2018: Fleur East
BB18: Isabelle
CBB17: Gemma Collins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Iíve waited so long for a decent Harry Potter game, itís a shame it wasnít released before she exposed herself
You can always pirate it
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #16
Toy Soldier
Volcanic Protector Man
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 23,055
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Can we maybe have a separate thread for the game itself, and political discussion of it for those who have no interest in the game for whatever reason?
__________________
___________________________________
I smile and I say that the world is just fine,
as these ****ing parasites eat up my spine,
So I ask you once, and I ask you again;
Where do your roots start,
And where do your roots end?
___________________________________



Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #17
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 19,990

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default



Whew, we’re safe lads!
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 06:21 PM   #18
Oliver_W
#BaconLettuceMayo
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,560

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

"Rich woman who's never said anything objectionable won't make money from a video game"

Wow that's a load off people's minds.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #19
Brother Leon
Senior Member
 
Brother Leon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 28,997


Default

Been waiting for a game like this for a while.
__________________

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #20
Oliver_W
#BaconLettuceMayo
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,560

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Been waiting for a game like this for a while.
Yeppers, one of my favourite things about the HP games was exploring Hogwarts and finding all the secret shizz, but the storylines kept getting in the way
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 06:44 PM   #21
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 52,296


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post


Whew, weíre safe lads!
.....
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 06:45 PM   #22
Ramsay
His blood is bad.
 
Ramsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 29,633
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett
BB18: Arthur
BBUSA19: Cody


Default

Very hyped for this. Such good memories of Philosopher's stone on PS1!
__________________
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #23
Wizard.
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert
 
Wizard.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 15,664
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise
BBUSA21: Nicole
Love Island 5: Molly-Mae


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Iíve waited so long for a decent Harry Potter game, itís a shame it wasnít released before she exposed herself
Same, but that's a good point, she exposed herself. Which means she's always had these views, so does that mean everyone who has ever purchased anything Harry Potter related has supported a transphobe? Sadly it does.

The trailer has 3million views on Youtube, the most of all the video game announcements and nearly double that of the 2nd one which is Miles Morales. I'm not sure much of my 50 odd-quid will go to JK after Sony, Avalanche and Warner Bros get their cut. And I'm not going to let her ruin what I'm hoping to be a very enjoyable gaming experience.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #24
Wizard.
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert
 
Wizard.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 15,664
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise
BBUSA21: Nicole
Love Island 5: Molly-Mae


Default

Also really hoping we get some form of co-op experience with this, but not a crappy duelling thing like Pottermore.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #25
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 107,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It does look good but Rowling's not getting a penny more of my money.

You Strict Bitch
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hogwarts, legacy, ps5

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:43 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts