Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 13-01-2021, 10:00 AM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default Tell Me Who I Am

...just as an add on to this and as I’m hugely interested in memory...if anyone would care to and has time to watch it etc...there is an incredible documentary on Netflix called Tell Me Who I Am...an 18yr old loses all of their life memories after a head trauma in an accident...but he does have a twin brother who is able to ‘fill those memories’ for him...I won’t give any of the story but it’s truly shocking, one of the most horrendous and shocking things conceivable ...

Last edited by Ammi; 13-01-2021 at 10:01 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 10:51 AM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Oh thanks Ammi, sounds like something I'd be interested in, I'll watch that tonight maybe

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 01:30 PM #3
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

That looks really interesting, Ammi. Will definitely check it out.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 09:20 AM #4
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...just as an add on to this and as I’m hugely interested in memory...if anyone would care to and has time to watch it etc...there is an incredible documentary on Netflix called Tell Me Who I Am...an 18yr old loses all of their life memories after a head trauma in an accident...but he does have a twin brother who is able to ‘fill those memories’ for him...I won’t give any of the story but it’s truly shocking, one of the most horrendous and shocking things conceivable ...

I watched this last night

Spoiler:

What a shockingly horrific story. Ugh it was tough, I really totally understood both their points of view, they were both right really. What was Marcus really supposed to do when faced with the choice of completely traumatising his already confused and upset brother, he came across as the one who looked after the other, the one who protected him, you could tell that from when he eventually told the story, you could see it came from a place of love and yes some self protection also.

Having said that I also totally get Alex's point of view, If I were him I would be fuming that I gave that monster, what? 12 years of love and a comforting death after what she did. Had Marcus told him maybe together they could have made her accountable for her actions. It just seems like an impossible situation for Marcus I think.

And just getting on to the crimes their mother committed, unfathomable how a mother could do that, it was very hard to listen to Marcus at the end, those poor men. I instantly thought about Jeffrey Epstein/Prince Andrew/Jimmy Saville, I think this kind of child trafficking must be rife in the these "upper classes"

It was a difficult watch, I found it very upsetting but I'm glad I watched it because Marcus wants as many people to know what an evil monster his mother was so If I can help by watching that's one small thing.

I hope Marcus and Alex have found some peace now and can get back to being as close as they were

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 14-01-2021 at 09:41 AM.
Old 14-01-2021, 09:51 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I watched this last night

Spoiler:

What a shockingly horrific story. Ugh it was tough, I really totally understood both their points of views, they were both right really. What was Marcus really supposed to do when faced with the choice of completely traumatising his already confused and upset brother, he came across as the one who looked after the other, the one who protected him, you could tell that from when he eventually told the story, you could see it came from a place of love and yes some self protection also.

Having said that I also totally get Alex's point of view, If I were him I would be fuming that I gave that monster, what? 12 years of love and a comforting death after what she did. Had Marcus told him maybe together they could have made her accountable for her actions. It just seems like an impossible situation for Marcus I think.

And just getting on to the crimes their mother committed, unfathomable how a mother could do that, it was very hard to listen to Marcus at the end, those poor men. I instantly thought about Jeffrey Epstein/Prince Andrew/Jimmy Saville, I think this kind of child trafficking must be rife in the these "upper classes"

It was a difficult watch, I found it very upsetting but I'm glad I watched it because Marcus wants as many people to know what an evil monster his mother was so If I can help by watching that's one small thing.

I hope Marcus and Alex have found some peace now and can get back to being as close as they were

Spoiler:

...Prince Andrew/Epstein were who I immediately thought of as well ...I mean, to think that a mother could abuse her own children in that way is unthinkable...but that she also took them to others to abuse...?...just monstrous...and yeah, it was heartbreaking for both of them and there was no ‘right or wrong’ of it...I’ve read a little more of the story and that’s worth doing as well...because not everything was covered, it was obviously Marcus and Alex’s story mainly...I don’t know if it was clear that their father wasn’t their father, their father had died when they were small children and they hadn’t actually been made aware of that either...and that’s why their father/stepfather was so cold toward them...he had two children also who he favoured and he called Marcus and Alex the ‘dim twins’ because they had dyslexia and they had to sleep in the shed...he refused for the school they had gone to, to be paid for...so he took them out and they went to a local school and were incredibly bullied in their time there...their mother also sexually abused their step brother Oliver...and it’s said that her husband wasn’t aware of any of this...anyway, that they’ve managed to find ‘normality’ in their lives and even found love etc, is incredible, really...and their mother never became answerable in her whole life...that’s also all kinds of screwed up....
Old 14-01-2021, 10:09 AM #6
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler:

...Prince Andrew/Epstein were who I immediately thought of as well ...I mean, to think that a mother could abuse her own children in that way is unthinkable...but that she also took them to others to abuse...?...just monstrous...and yeah, it was heartbreaking for both of them and there was no ‘right or wrong’ of it...I’ve read a little more of the story and that’s worth doing as well...because not everything was covered, it was obviously Marcus and Alex’s story mainly...I don’t know if it was clear that their father wasn’t their father, their father had died when they were small children and they hadn’t actually been made aware of that either...and that’s why their father/stepfather was so cold toward them...he had two children also who he favoured and he called Marcus and Alex the ‘dim twins’ because they had dyslexia and they had to sleep in the shed...he refused for the school they had gone to, to be paid for...so he took them out and they went to a local school and were incredibly bullied in their time there...their mother also sexually abused their step brother Oliver...and it’s said that her husband wasn’t aware of any of this...anyway, that they’ve managed to find ‘normality’ in their lives and even found love etc, is incredible, really...and their mother never became answerable in her whole life...that’s also all kinds of screwed up....
Spoiler:

I don't know if I even want to hear more about it, so sad, in a way you would nearly think Alex is lucky not to have all those memories.

So sad finding all of those presents as well in the attic. Such evilness and cruelty, how can a mother hate her children so much?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 14-01-2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old 14-01-2021, 10:23 AM #7
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Spoiler:

I don't know if I even want to hear more about it, so sad, in a way you would nearly think Alex is lucky not to have all those memories.

So sad finding all of those presents as well in the attic. Such evilness and cruelty, how can a mother hate her children so much?
Spoiler:

...it did make me wonder...(...and also why I connected it to Memento and Lenny saying that Sammy’s memory loss was psychological...)...whether part of it could have been something the brain blocked on purpose, if that makes sense...
Old 14-01-2021, 10:30 AM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler:

...it did make me wonder...(...and also why I connected it to Memento and Lenny saying that Sammy’s memory loss was psychological...)...whether part of it could have been something the brain blocked on purpose, if that makes sense...
Spoiler:

Yeah quite possibly, especially since the only thing he did remember was the one good thing in his life, his brother

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic