Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: What drugs (both legal and illicit) have you done/do you do?
Alcohol (duh) 16 88.89%
Alcohol (duh)
16 88.89%
Marijuana 11 61.11%
Marijuana
11 61.11%
Tobacco 12 66.67%
Tobacco
12 66.67%
D.M.T. 0 0%
D.M.T.
0 0%
L.S.D. 4 22.22%
L.S.D.
4 22.22%
Magic ’shrooms 5 27.78%
Magic ’shrooms
5 27.78%
Some other form of psychedelic/hallucinogen 4 22.22%
Some other form of psychedelic/hallucinogen
4 22.22%
Coke (garden-variety) 7 38.89%
Coke (garden-variety)
7 38.89%
Coke (crack cocaine) 0 0%
Coke (crack cocaine)
0 0%
Meth. 0 0%
Meth.
0 0%
Salvia 0 0%
Salvia
0 0%
Ecstasy 7 38.89%
Ecstasy
7 38.89%
Inhalants (inc. glue) 4 22.22%
Inhalants (inc. glue)
4 22.22%
Amphetamines 5 27.78%
Amphetamines
5 27.78%
Nothing at all, not even alcohol 2 11.11%
Nothing at all, not even alcohol
2 11.11%
Any combination of the first three (alcohol, tobacco, marijuana) but nothing else 1 5.56%
Any combination of the first three (alcohol, tobacco, marijuana) but nothing else
1 5.56%
Other (please specify) 3 16.67%
Other (please specify)
3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2021, 02:00 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I am not adverse. I still know a lot of people who smoke weed but since I quit smoking cigarettes, the idea of smoking anything doesn't have the same appeal. I have had the odd joint but it floors me now and last time I smoked, I had a whitey and that put me right off
I’d recommend edibles in that case but they’re about 10 times more potent than bud/flower so I guess it just depends on how much tolerance you have for cannabis per se (ignoring the fact that smoking is the most standard way of taking it). Do you think you could still handle something resembling a mild psychedelic trip (that’s what edibles tend to feel like - the mental part of edible highs seem to resemble low-key acid trips more than anything else, in as much as they give you a very strong in-da-couch/stoner feeling in the body) after giving it all up?

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 01-11-2021 at 02:00 PM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:04 PM #52

Most of mine were back in the days of Glasonbury and other raves, wouldn't want to take most these days and have not partaken in many for years.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:26 PM #53
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

The idea that one addicts addiction depending on what they are taking is better than another is a joke.

There is no such thing as a friendly drug dealer, anything to do with drugs will destroy lives in the end .
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:28 PM #54
0_o

0_o

Life destroys life in one way or another anyway.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:31 PM #55
Sod orf

Sod orf

A lot of places of work now do random drug tests (only for the little people of course) so now people are risking their jobs by partaking.

They should really be doing drink and drug tests in Parliament, they'd get plenty of positive results in there.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:36 PM #56
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
A lot of places of work now do random drug tests (only for the little people of course) so now people are risking their jobs by partaking.

They should really be doing drink and drug tests in Parliament, they'd get plenty of positive results in there.
Sounds about right. To both.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-11-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:37 PM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
The idea that one addicts addiction depending on what they are taking is better than another is a joke.

There is no such thing as a friendly drug dealer, anything to do with drugs will destroy lives in the end .
1. Not all, or even the slight majority of, people who use drugs recreationally (and otherwise) end up being addicts. Some people become dependent but for the majority drugs are just there to help people tap into different realms of thought and spirituality, something that doesn’t happen when you’re sober or drunk.

2. My plugs are pretty friendly and that’s the case for most people I know. You seem to have a very dated understanding of how drug-buyer interaction works. It’s not always a case of meeting a hardened criminal on a darkened alleyway at 2 in the morning.

3. Weed has never killed anyone. Alcohol, tobacco and prescribed medication (with bad side-effects) have killed loads and loads over the years. What have you got to say for all that?

4. No one gets out of here alive anyway so it is what it is. Some people are here for a good time, not a protracted one. And either way most people who do ‘reasonable’ drugs won’t fatally overdose.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:38 PM #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Sounds about right. To both.
Mr Johnson’s definitely privy to a few lines on the weekend. It’s the only explanation for him being the way he is.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:41 PM #59
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Mr Johnson’s definitely privy to a few lines on the weekend. It’s the only explanation for him being the way he is.
The hours a Prime minister has to work, it goes with out saying that they need a little pick-me-up from time to time.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:56 PM #60
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

there is a certain tribalism associated with drug taking that i find pretty weird. Like you are not a cool kid if you don't take drugs, and it's even evident in this thread. Most if not all forms of drug taking are directly influenced by peer pressure. Without that peer pressure their wouldn't be half the drug taking that there is today
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:26 PM #61
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
there is a certain tribalism associated with drug taking that i find pretty weird. Like you are not a cool kid if you don't take drugs, and it's even evident in this thread. Most if not all forms of drug taking are directly influenced by peer pressure. Without that peer pressure their wouldn't be half the drug taking that there is today
Human beings are tribal by nature, so there would be.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:53 PM #62

Quote:
Most people I know these days who smoke weed (seasoned adults, not teenagers) do it because they know it’s good for them. Beyond the high-school playground there’s a whole world of recreational and spiritual drug use which fully-aware and non-impressionable adults venture into and that’s how it’s been since the dawn of time. The fact that a few impressionable teenagers let themselves be talked into experimenting [and at that age cohort that’s something that goes for fashion, sexual experiences, alcohol and banging A.C.s (I doubt you know what that last bit means but that’s not my problem) in at least equal measure] doesn’t mean that more mature people haven’t used drugs solely of their own accord for spiritual and recreational reasons and reaped the benefits from their experiences.

The fact that the current drug situation is political and in the face of official legality is neither here nor there. Drugs weren’t always illegal and homosexuality and interracial marriage weren’t always legal. The legality (or lack thereof) of something at one particular time doesn’t hold space for personal experiences and it’s not always done in the better interests of the people. The fact (that I keep bringing up) remains that alcohol and tobacco (the first of which was even illegal in certain parts of the world not-too-long ago) are far more detrimental to overall health than half of the illegal drugs (and most especially in the case of weed and mushrooms) but people talk about getting wasted every weekend or how they only socially smoke left, right and centre without people shutting them down and reminding them of the dangers of drinking and smoking.

No-one’s insinuating that people who don’t touch drugs are corny and uncool. It’s more a case of literally one or two staunch anti-drugs lobbyists coming at people with intolerance and patronising tones just because they’re open to experimenting with certain substances.

Last edited by Redway; 01-11-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:11 PM #63
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
The hours a Prime minister has to work, it goes with out saying that they need a little pick-me-up from time to time.
Well yes I get that tbh. Used to say it about singers and such in concert. Like **** are many of them doing it naturally.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2021, 04:13 PM #64
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I definitely wouldnt say its not 'cool' to not take drugs. Some might, but thats a weird way to think. Different strokes for different folks really.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2021, 04:19 PM #65
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
too scared eh?

come on bots we all know you were the kid in full school uniform with the violin in a case whist the cool kids were smoking Embassy Regal in the bike sheds

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:31 PM #66

I think there is possibly an element of peer pressure in a way. I was not "pressurised" into taking anything, I didn't think I was cooler than friends who didn't....as Vicky said its different strokes for different folks. I had friends who liked rock music and would go to the pub, drink loads of strong lager and end the night with a fight and kebab. That wasn't for me. I liked dance music, so spent my nights with 5000 liked minded people at a warehouse rave. No alcohol, never saw a fight but felt the love. Corny as that sounds.

It was all artificial though and that's what stopped me. After a couple of years I knew the majority of people, hugged them all, danced with them all etc. At the end of one night, someone collapsed after taking an E.....everyone, me included more or less stepped over them in the rush to get on to the next part of the night. When I thought about it later, I realised that everyone in that club who I had spent every weekend with for months would have stepped over me too.

Now, I'm a bit more aware of my own mortality and in all honesty probably a bit scared
Plus there was a couple who used to go to the club with us who were in their 40s......we all thought they were Sooooo old, I don't want to be that person now
Old 01-11-2021, 05:13 PM #67
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
too scared eh?

come on bots we all know you were the kid in full school uniform with the violin in a case whist the cool kids were smoking Embassy Regal in the bike sheds

i got suspended for a week for smoking at school ..... so bang goes that theory
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:42 PM #68
You know my methods

You know my methods

Talking

Quote:
i got suspended for a week for smoking at school ..... so bang goes that theory
BOTS and Parmy skip French..

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:22 PM #69
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Alcohol
Tobacco
Marijuana
Ketamine
Magic mushrooms

I’m looking to try D.M.T. in particular one day but I’m too paranoid about having a bad trip. At least mushrooms wear off after a few hours. Edibles and other psychedelics go on for hours and hours and when you’re having an angsty trip that doesn’t make for much fun. I don’t get bad times like that on edibles anymore (I’ve become accustomed to the process of microdosing) but I feel like other psychedelics once you take enough to get you high at all really don’t have any off-button.

Anyone on here had any experience with D.M.T./L.S.D.?

michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
drugs