Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-01-2022, 11:09 PM #51

He thinks he is gods gift….arrogant male chauvinist. Never forgot him coming back from the Falklands with a red carnation in his mouth like he was some sort of pin up hero..
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2022, 11:42 PM #52
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
I’m sick of the whole circus surrounding this case
The world's eyes should be on it, blokes like "Prince" Andrew need to get the message loud and clear that going through life being sleazy, slimy pondscum just isn't going to fly for a second from now on. It's not a small problem.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2022, 12:01 AM #53
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The world's eyes should be on it, blokes like "Prince" Andrew need to get the message loud and clear that going through life being sleazy, slimy pondscum just isn't going to fly for a second from now on. It's not a small problem.
look at the rape conviction rate, nothing is going to change because of this case
This case isn’t about justice, it’s about money
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2022, 12:10 AM #54
-

-

Quote:
look at the rape conviction rate, nothing is going to change because of this case

This case isn’t about justice, it’s about money
If this goes somewhere then something HAS changed. Nowhere near enough, but something, because these ****ers were smugly getting away with things like this for decades and they thought they'd never have to face any consequences. They're finding out that they were wrong. That's important.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 20-01-2022 at 12:11 AM.
Old 20-01-2022, 12:35 AM #55
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
If this goes somewhere then something HAS changed. Nowhere near enough, but something, because these ****ers were smugly getting away with things like this for decades and they thought they'd never have to face any consequences. They're finding out that they were wrong. That's important.
This is just one case and it definitely wont stop or put off people from doing this type of thing
Old 20-01-2022, 12:35 AM #56

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Virginia Giuffre has said that Epstein forced her to have sex with countless other men, including his business associates, professional men, US politicians - even a well known prime minister! They are all getting off scot free. Why isn't she bringing assault cases against them? I don't get it.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2022, 12:54 AM #57
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Virginia Giuffre has said that Epstein forced her to have sex with countless other men, including his business associates, professional men, US politicians - even a well known prime minister! They are all getting off scot free. Why isn't she bringing assault cases against them? I don't get it.
Because lawyers will advise against pursuing a civil case if there's not enough hard evidence to give a good chance of winning, sadly. Of course that also means her lawyers DO think there's significant enough evidence of Andrew's wrongdoing.
Quote:
This is just one case and it definitely wont stop or put off people from doing this type of thing
Oh she shouldn't bother then, just let them have at it eh. Poor chaps.
Old 20-01-2022, 12:59 AM #58
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Because lawyers will advise against pursuing a civil case if there's not enough hard evidence to give a good chance of winning, sadly. Of course that also means her lawyers DO think there's significant enough evidence of Andrew's wrongdoing. Oh she shouldn't bother then, just let them have at it eh. Poor chaps.
I’m never said that, you are the one that’s silly enough to think anything is going to change because of this case.

While replying to you women are being raped and abused and sadly they will still be after this case is over.

I live in the real world and it’s a nasty one.
Old 20-01-2022, 12:59 AM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Because lawyers will advise against pursuing a civil case if there's not enough hard evidence to give a good chance of winning, sadly. Of course that also means her lawyers DO think there's significant enough evidence of Andrew's wrongdoing.
Countless other men were involved, but the only one they have evidence against is Andrew? I'm not buying it.
Old 20-01-2022, 01:01 AM #60
-

-

Quote:
Countless other men were involved, but the only one they have evidence against is Andrew? I'm not buying it.
Luckily what you are or aren't buying is entirely irrelevant.
Old 20-01-2022, 01:08 AM #61

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Luckily what you are or aren't buying is entirely irrelevant.
Sexually abusive men getting off scot free is far from irrelevant. They are free to carry on doing what they do.
Old 20-01-2022, 08:13 AM #62
-

-

Quote:
Sexually abusive men getting off scot free is far from irrelevant. They are free to carry on doing what they do.
Obviously I agree with that but one is far, far better than none and the idea occasionally seems to be... "if these others won't face justice why should Andrew have to".

I've mentioned my own suspicions about the reasons either on this thread or another similar one; most of Epstein's "guests" were powerful in the worlds of business or politics on their own, and thus have the contacts and knowhow to avoid anything falling on them. Andrew was drawn into it from a world of generational wealth that doesn't require any of those contacts or tactics and so he's found himself out in the open, on his own, with no idea what he's doing. He chose to try to fight it all his own way instead of letting Royal "Management" handle it (who for example did not want him to do the disastrous telly interview) and he's effectively dug his own grave.

So yeah that's the reason these others are not facing the same. They've done a better job at covering their tracks, and they have more powerful friends. Andrew's only powerful friends are the main bloodline royals; mummy did her best and I doubt Charles or William want to know. Unlike "normal" powerful strings-pullers, ultimately the Royals have to consider their public support base.
Old 20-01-2022, 01:50 PM #63

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Obviously I agree with that but one is far, far better than none and the idea occasionally seems to be... "if these others won't face justice why should Andrew have to".

I've mentioned my own suspicions about the reasons either on this thread or another similar one; most of Epstein's "guests" were powerful in the worlds of business or politics on their own, and thus have the contacts and knowhow to avoid anything falling on them. Andrew was drawn into it from a world of generational wealth that doesn't require any of those contacts or tactics and so he's found himself out in the open, on his own, with no idea what he's doing. He chose to try to fight it all his own way instead of letting Royal "Management" handle it (who for example did not want him to do the disastrous telly interview) and he's effectively dug his own grave.

So yeah that's the reason these others are not facing the same. They've done a better job at covering their tracks, and they have more powerful friends. Andrew's only powerful friends are the main bloodline royals; mummy did her best and I doubt Charles or William want to know. Unlike "normal" powerful strings-pullers, ultimately the Royals have to consider their public support base.
I agree with some of what you say, but nevertheless there seems to be little appetite or interest in flushing these other men out by the authorities, in the media, or by Virginia herself. What happened to ‘no - one is above the law’?

For instance, Bill Clinton was said to be like a brother to Epstein. Epstein even had a portrait of Bill painted wearing high heels and the dress Monica Lewinsky wore. He was seen around Epstein’s properties with young girls, VG herself claimed, and she talks about being forced to have sex with 'countless' men.
It’s not a case of Andrew’s actions shouldn’t be highlighted because theirs are not. One being better than none simply isn’t good enough!!!

Last edited by jet; 20-01-2022 at 02:01 PM.
Old 20-01-2022, 02:07 PM #64
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

lack of proof would be the obvious reason. She has a photo with andrew, that sets the scene for her allegations, if she didnt have that or similar for the others she just doesnt have any evidence
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2022, 02:09 PM #65
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Because lawyers will advise against pursuing a civil case if there's not enough hard evidence to give a good chance of winning, sadly. Of course that also means her lawyers DO think there's significant enough evidence of Andrew's wrongdoing. Oh she shouldn't bother then, just let them have at it eh. Poor chaps.
This is why I think Ghisline maxwell should have been squeezed a lot more to find out who those fat cats were/are. Of course it seems that actually they are pretty untouchable after all, it's sickening

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2022, 02:17 PM #66
-

-

Quote:
I agree with some of what you say, but nevertheless there seems to be little appetite or interest in flushing these other men out by the authorities, in the media, or by Virginia herself. What happened to ‘no - one is above the law’?

For instance, Bill Clinton was said to be like a brother to Epstein. Epstein even had a portrait of Bill painted wearing high heels and the dress Monica Lewinsky wore. He was seen around Epstein’s properties with young girls, VG herself claimed, and she talks about being forced to have sex with 'countless' men.
It’s not a case of Andrew’s actions shouldn’t be highlighted because theirs are not. One being better than none simply isn’t good enough!!!
For the authorities it's lack of available evidence, for the media its libel if they name them without "specifics to point at", and for her herself like I said she'll be acting on advice from her lawyers. She's not going to name people without there being a good chance of getting something to stick, and these people have ways of making sure nothing does. That's an issue that needs to be tackled from the top down (but likely never will be) - certainly there's absolutely nothing the victims can do about it. They hold none of the power or influence.
Old 20-01-2022, 02:20 PM #67

Quote:
Maggie Thatcher
glib is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2022, 10:34 PM #68

arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 12:08 AM #69

Old 27-01-2022, 12:09 AM #70

Old 27-01-2022, 12:12 AM #71

Old 27-01-2022, 12:19 AM #72

Old 27-01-2022, 04:39 AM #73
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

it won't go to trial, this is all posturing. No way the firm will allow that dirty laundry aired in public
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 05:44 AM #74
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

If he acts like he did when interviewed but Emily Matlis on the stand, he is going down ...imagine Andy in prison

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 08:24 AM #75

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
If he acts like he did when interviewed but Emily Matlis on the stand, he is going down ...imagine Andy in prison
He will be fine if they let him have his teddy bears.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
andrew, hrh, longer, prince