Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 05-10-2023, 03:18 AM #26
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
I don't find this that extreme it's one of the few cases where I think it's almost justifiable, though I am against the death sentence in general. Either that or life (meaning life) in prosion, no possibility of release.

Re-offending rates are sky high with child molestation. The risk of them harming another child given the opportunity are huge.

I don't agree with it in the sense of a punishment but (in short) I'd rather they were dead than released.

I'd be just as happy with them all being put on a (heavily guarded by sea) island tbf, they can even have houses, shops, "normal" lives as far as I'm concerned after serving a sentence, they can live there until old age... ... ... just surrounded by only adults, and never allowed to leave.
The bottom paragraph of your post is reasonable tbf.

I could personally accept that as an alternative punishment to killing the wannabe Jimmy Savile's.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 03:24 AM #27

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
A minute ago you painted it out to be a holiday camp, and now it's revenge?

Society operates on a crime and punishment system, which I agree with. When you go beyond taking away freedom to inflict physical pain/death on the perps, then the holder of the laws is no better than those that commit crimes.
Tbf they'd still be better than a Paedophile, because let's face it only serial killers are worse than a Paedophile imo.

Thinking about it more calmly (and reading through this thread) the biggest flaw to giving Paedophiles the Death Penalty would be the increase in Paedophiles murdering the children so that they (the child) can't grass the person up for Child Molestation, and obviously wanting to avoid getting the Death Penalty.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 05-10-2023 at 03:25 AM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 11:23 AM #28
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
the biggest flaw to giving Paedophiles the Death Penalty would be the increase in Paedophiles murdering the children so that they (the child) can't grass the person up for Child Molestation, and obviously wanting to avoid getting the Death Penalty.
I agree on that one - if you create a "nothing to lose" scenario then you do dramatically increase the likelihood of someone taking extra steps to cover up the initial crime.

In terms of the rest of it, the notion of punishment as revenge is obviously awful (and fundamentally flawed) but the notion of punishment as justice, and justice in general, is flawed anyway. IMO the only PRAGMATIC consideration with crime & punishment is the risk of reoffending and protecting potential victims from the actions of an individual.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the re-offending rates with child molestation charges is through the roof. An actual paedophile who has acted upon it and raped a child already is HIGHLY likely to seek to do it again on release. Again we're not talking statutory rape charges etc here but child molestation of a pre-pubescent child. These individuals are simply never safe to be released to the public without 24/7 supervision again, ever.

So by all means keep them in prison forever, or put them on an island, or heck put them in a secure gated community with all the luxuries in the world for all I care once they;ve served a proper prison sentence. Give 'em a swimming pool and a starbucks. Whatever. Just make sure there's never even a possibility of them being around children again.

And if all of the above isn't possible, if for some reason the moral choice comes down to "kill him or let him walk back onto the streets", then without question I'd see that individual dead.
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
child, death, effect, florida, penalty, rape