Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 PM #51
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by liampadams View Post
1. Its not live
2. IMO its just part of the task Big Brother has given other housemates extra power like this before so why did you not complain then??
3. And im saying this as a person who has been a victim of bullying before and I dont see this as bullying.
4. I think Hazel and Gina are both as bad as eachother. Theyre always winding one another up, so there is not just one person being singled out
1. I should have said "unscripted" on "non-fictional" (although that's debatable this year...), couldn't think of the right word.

2. Because people very rarely abuse that extra power with genuine viciousness.

3. I'm not sure "bullying" is exactly the right word for it, but whatever it is it's certainly not "right".

4. If it was just between Gina and Hazel then yet, fine, there's been a lot of tit-for-tat and there have been plenty of these "rivalries" over the years. But the extra meddling by the show's production this year has completely altered how all of this has gone down, and Hazel HAS been singled out, since the point when Daley was removed.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:11 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Are you really trying to claim that Hazel HASN'T been dehumanised by BB production / BOTS?
Yes.

Are you really claiming that she has?

Slaves were dehumanized. Prisoners of war are dehumanized.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 PM #53
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi
jackc1806

Favourites (more):

In the video online today Hazel called Gina ugly in the morning with her make up, Gina said bad things too. They are both grown women who are capable of walking at anytime if they are being 'bullied'. In absolute disbelief someone compared this to the Ask.fm suicide. What a ridiculous statement.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:13 PM #54
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackc1806 View Post
Comparing the tragedy of a girl who was bullied for months to someone getting a few light shocks as a task on a TV show is ****ing disgraceful. You should be ashamed
It's not disgraceful, it's perfectly valid. I don't think the actions themselves are being compared but the point is completely correct. A major TV show is singling someone out to be ridiculed and laughed at and practically encouraging a viciousness in the online community to brand her as this, that and whatever. It's "troll culture" maid mainstream by a well known TV show. When this **** is going on, how can we expect young people NOT to be bullying each other online like that poor girl was?? Everything around them is telling them that it's OK / fun / hilarious to demonize and attack someone in the name of entertainment.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 PM #55

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dan
The Apprentice 2013: Alex

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
The physical abuse (electro shocks, the hunger rations) and emotional abuse (the 'empowerment' of HM's who are OBVIOUSLY going to use that power to bully Hazel) actually upset me tonight.

The task has been used almost every year since BB9...
Not by one HM bullying another one!!
Seanbon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 PM #56

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Comparing the tragedy of a girl who was bullied for months to someone getting a few light shocks as a task on a TV show is ****ing disgraceful. You should be ashamed
Yes I'm ashamed , ashamed at your complete and utter inability to understand the parallels between the two stories. I know they are worlds apart but think if its put on TV and shown as entertainment then eventually real tragedies can happen.

I'm sorry you haven't got the sense to see that , maybe it's idiots like you who enjoy watching bullying on TV, most decent normal fans of BB would be outraged by this evenings show....!!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:17 PM #57
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post

Slaves were dehumanized. Prisoners of war are dehumanized.

She has been reduced to an "evil pantomime character", a "homewrecking slut" with no emotions who is fair game for destruction. It's not the first time it's happened on BB, but it is probably the worst.

By definition, this is dehumanization.

Just because it's not the worst example of it, does not mean that it's irrelevant. There are plenty of malnourished children in the UK, for example. Pointing out that "there are children in Africa who get less" doesn't mean that those UK children are not malnourished.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 PM #58
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
jackc1806

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's not disgraceful, it's perfectly valid. I don't think the actions themselves are being compared but the point is completely correct. A major TV show is singling someone out to be ridiculed and laughed at and practically encouraging a viciousness in the online community to brand her as this, that and whatever. It's "troll culture" maid mainstream by a well known TV show. When this **** is going on, how can we expect young people NOT to be bullying each other online like that poor girl was?? Everything around them is telling them that it's OK / fun / hilarious to demonize and attack someone in the name of entertainment.
It isn't valid. It just doesn't make any sense, comparing something so severe and tragic where a 14 year old was told to kill herself by anon people everyday too kill herself to an endurance task on a TV show. This task would not in any way promote bullying, what absolute crap- Hazel gives a good as she gets, both grown women bitch about eachother behind their backs. Don't forget Hazel had also 'bullied' Gina, making her sweep the garden. Bullying is a relentless sustained attack on one person for a long while, a task is not that.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 PM #59

Is it just me or are all the women in the house complete bitches? Hazel is a bitch, Gina is a bitch, Sophie is a bitch and Charlie is just a bitch in the end as well. All ****ing **** stirrers. And yeah, Hazel deserves the **** she got. She is after all the worst bitch in there and has been it since the start.
wormsinfested is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 PM #60
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
jackc1806

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She has been reduced to an "evil pantomime character", a "homewrecking slut" with no emotions who is fair game for destruction. It's not the first time it's happened on BB, but it is probably the worst.

By definition, this is dehumanization.

Just because it's not the worst example of it, does not mean that it's irrelevant. There are plenty of malnourished children in the UK, for example. Pointing out that "there are children in Africa who get less" doesn't mean that those UK children are not malnourished.
Hazel called Gina ugly in the morning.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:20 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinaj View Post
Why was Gina made queen bee
She was called to the D.r and told she was Queen Bee.
Speedster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:21 PM #62
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Yes I'm ashamed , ashamed at your complete and utter inability to understand the parallels between the two stories. I know they are worlds apart but think if its put on TV and shown as entertainment then eventually real tragedies can happen.
Exactly. It's being normalised and turned into light entertainment. The people who bullied that poor girl to death, I'm certain, had NO IDEA what the consequences of their actions would be - they just thought it was a bit of fun, like pouring salt on a slug. They see it as "not real"... until something tragic happens.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 PM #63
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
jackc1806

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post

I'm sorry you haven't got the sense to see that , maybe it's idiots like you who enjoy watching bullying on TV, most decent normal fans of BB would be outraged by this evenings show....!!!!
There is no parallel. It is completely and utterly different and no one will take any motivation from a task on BB to bully someone. And I do not enjoy watching bullying, their is no bullying to watch. They both are as bad as each other.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:23 PM #64
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

It wasnt bullying but Gina did pick on her (although Hazel also progressed things by taking the buzzer/wings off). I did find her really annoying tonight must say...

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 PM #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahopkins View Post
Everyone got the same amount of Electric shocks. Hazel probably got less electric shocks if anything so why don't you complain about the other people?
She actually got more because BB told Gina to pick someone out for Harsher treatment so she picked Hazel. Said she felt bad but did it anyway.
Speedster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 PM #66
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
jackc1806

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Exactly. It's being normalised and turned into light entertainment. The people who bullied that poor girl to death, I'm certain, had NO IDEA what the consequences of their actions would be - they just thought it was a bit of fun, like pouring salt on a slug. They see it as "not real"... until something tragic happens.
Well they did, how the **** is telling someone to die in jest. Most normal people, even children would find it appalling to tell someone to die. Even if BB did 'promote' this 'bullying' how would any normal person be swayed and think it is right to tell people to die. What absolute sensationalist bollcocks.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 PM #67
-

-

Quote:
Hazel called Gina ugly in the morning.
Like I said it's not about Gina and Hazel. Housemate feuds have always happened. In fact even last year, Conor was worse to Deana than Gina or Hazel have been to each other. But, last year the producers weren't weaving a narrative specifically to make things hard for Deana and then handing Conor the power to belittle her "legitimately" by making him King Of The House.

That's why it's different. BB is deliberately controlling the whole thing and it's rapidly going downhill.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 PM #68

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Get a ****ing grip.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:26 PM #69
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
jackc1806

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
It wasnt bullying but Gina did pick on her (although Hazel also progressed things by taking the buzzer/wings off). I did find her really annoying tonight must say...
They are as bad as each other. The task was designed for Gina Hazel confrontation but it ain't bullying!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:26 PM #70

I initially did think that this wasnt bullying but now im not sure...I dont know. Im sorry if I was wrong...
liampadams is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:27 PM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah what are we thinking? This isn't the way of our generation! When we see someone being pushed down, trodden on and dehumanised... when we see an injustice staring us in the face on live TV... what should we do? Turn to another channel of course! Avert our eyes! It's the best thing to do, right? If we pretend it isn't happening, everything will be just fine.

I'd be happy if they cancelled the show and Endemol went bankrup after this ****. It's absolutely foul. And anyone who finds it entertaining really needs to think about the things that they "enjoy", and why.
Well said Toy Soldier!
Also all the people saying she signed up for it,and she knew in advance of the shock-suits,no one signs up to be bullied,and giving the power to shock a HM to someone who is a delusional vindictive bitch is probably not part of the deal either!?!?!
Seanbon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:27 PM #72

Favourites (more):
BB16: Sarah
BB15: Helen

Favourites (more):
BB16: Sarah
BB15: Helen

Gina is bullying Hazel, Hazel may go tomorrow but this task has ruined her chances of winning the show
Old 08-08-2013, 11:27 PM #73
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadouken View Post
She is getting targetted. That's for sure. When she said she had an headache and she felt ill yet Gina still abused her power to make her do something which was out of order imo.
I don't like either Gina or Hazel but if I am being fair how do I know that Hazel really did feel poorly? She could have been feigning. If Hazel was feeling ill she should have gone to the diary room and said so . She was very mangy in the task, no one wanted to do it but they all did, including the twins

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:28 PM #74
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
The physical abuse (electro shocks, the hunger rations) and emotional abuse (the 'empowerment' of HM's who are OBVIOUSLY going to use that power to bully Hazel) actually upset me tonight.

The task has been used almost every year since BB9...
Almost?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 PM #75
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
jackc1806

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Like I said it's not about Gina and Hazel. Housemate feuds have always happened. In fact even last year, Conor was worse to Deana than Gina or Hazel have been to each other. But, last year the producers weren't weaving a narrative specifically to make things hard for Deana and then handing Conor the power to belittle her "legitimately" by making him King Of The House.

That's why it's different. BB is deliberately controlling the whole thing and it's rapidly going downhill.
Okay, well you know what you should do? Throw your TV out the window, disconnect your computer, wrap yourself in cotton wool and hand yourself into the loony bin.

BB are chasing ratings by trying to create conflict. Their is no bullying, both girls bitch about each other and whatever narrative BB have (create conflict not bullying) is irrelevant

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bullying, complaint, hazel, official, thread