Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2014, 09:37 PM #76

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Chris

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post

a 'tough guy' actor unwilling to spend the night outside during a british summer.............under shelter with a nice warm blanket

Mark L
Let's see you be tough at age 70 after a severe brain injury that left you in a coma for over a month, several subsequent brain surgeries, major hearing loss in both ears, and of course all the aches, pain, and health issues that come with being SEVENTY.

Never condemn someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes. And if you haven't, might be a good idea to zip it.
Old 29-08-2014, 09:50 PM #77
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Gary had a golf ball sized cancerous tumor removed from his sinus cavity which meant more brain surgery too this was long after his accident.

To say he is playing an 'Ill helpless man' is just awful.

Most of his problems in the house are due to age like his hearing, balance problems and so on, it comes to everyone fgs.

I swear posts like above just show the complete lack of tolerance many have for people with disabilities, brain injuries and illnesses.

Gary displays obvious signs of having a brain injury, forgetfulness about certain things for example (my family member has a brain injury which led to dementia and needs prompts to do things a lot).

Having a brain injury or being 70 doesn't mean he shouldn't be in BB either, he has every right as the rest of them and since this is celeb BB he has more right than some of the other non celebs in there atm.
Bloody well said

Last edited by Ninastar; 29-08-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 29-08-2014, 09:51 PM #78

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt

He is such a bore and I would hate to be in 1 mile of him.
Old 30-08-2014, 01:40 AM #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
If any of the young lads spat on the floor ,walked about flashing his sagging danglers can you imagine the names they would get called on here !!
Not if they had a TBI.
Old 30-08-2014, 02:01 AM #80

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Without singling anyone out... the complete disrespect, animosity, and ridiculing of the aged and disabled around here is nothing short of vomit-worthy.

Last edited by Ultimist; 30-08-2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 30-08-2014, 03:07 AM #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary poppins View Post
Gary is not fake he's rude! We are not being shown it enough and every time the other hm have a go at him over it the public scream bullying.

Having watched last nights Show again I believe everyone was upfront and honest (Stephanie was a bit over the top).

People were on here giving out about dee's reason for George, her reason was the high pitched screeching voice at 2 in the morning

Claire gave the same reason no one mentions it here.

Stephanie and James were laughing and joking at the table she shouldn't have been given a warning and her noms shouldn't have been discounted.

There are nine or ten people in that house who are looking for a little bit of respect from Gary...they can't all be wrong...no matter what age you are respect works both ways.

BB are definitely very manipulative this time round.

They will wait till the last couple of day and show all his faults and that's when the public goes bonkers!
Stephanie was disgusting when doing the nominations. the reason her noms were discounted were because she said to james 'nominate him' when they were talking about audley. she broke the rules, so why do you say her noms should not have been discounted. 9 or 10 people looking for a little bit of respect, you have got to be joking. they would not know the meaning of the word. for them to treat a 70 year old disabled man who has had brain surgery, and is partially deaf the way they have is dreadful, they should all be ashamed of themselves.
Old 30-08-2014, 03:17 AM #82

Quote:
it was summer in borehamwood

Mark L
was nothing to do with the weather, and anyway its still summer and a bit chilly of a night. it was painful for him.
Old 30-08-2014, 03:25 AM #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
Bloody well said
I so agree. if the grandparents of those who have been so unkind to gary watch BB, I bet they feel ashamed (and worried) about how they will be treated. such nasty people. even those who have not said or done anything are just as bad.
Old 30-08-2014, 03:59 AM #84

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

I totally agree with you BooBoo!!!
The fact that some people here feel such hatred for a harmless old guy who's doing his best to fit in and even to change how he behaves to please a bunch of vile twats sickens me!

Gary has more heart and integrity than the rest of those arrogant, ignorant pricks have between the lot of them! The fact that they all just sat there while vile young twats like Stephanie and Ricky ripped shreds out of Gary speaks volumes about their characters (or lack thereof!!!). Who the **** is Ricky to lecture Gary on not being a suitable role-model for his kids when Ricky acts like a ****ing chav neanderthal on a weekly basis on his poor excuse for a TV Show ? Cheeky, arrogant, delusional twat!!!!

I suppose these are the kind of people who voted for someone like Helen to win BB. What the absolute **** is 'Great' Britain coming too these days ? People should stop worrying about immigrants and worry more about some of the ****ing natives! It's a pity we can't have a clean-out and get rid of some of these low-brow scumbags and make the country a better place!
Old 30-08-2014, 04:05 AM #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimist View Post
Let's see you be tough at age 70 after a severe brain injury that left you in a coma for over a month, several subsequent brain surgeries, major hearing loss in both ears, and of course all the aches, pain, and health issues that come with being SEVENTY.

Never condemn someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes. And if you haven't, might be a good idea to zip it.
yes, yes, yes. you are so right.
Old 30-08-2014, 08:07 AM #86
cancelled

cancelled

Default every..............body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimist View Post

everyone has right to comment...........producers had provided for hm's on the scrap heap with a roof and warm blankets

there was no risk...............gary however would not give it a go

Mark L
Old 30-08-2014, 08:17 AM #87

Quote:
everyone has right to comment...........producers had provided for hm's on the scrap heap with a roof and warm blankets

Mark L
Gary did give it a go he just refused to sleep outside during the night.
Old 30-08-2014, 08:27 AM #88
cancelled

cancelled

Default gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Give it a rest!!! Did you sign up here purely to slag Gary off 'cause that's all you've done so far ?
gary is the thread topic

Mark L
Old 31-08-2014, 01:18 PM #89

Default Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Gary had a golf ball sized cancerous tumor removed from his sinus cavity which meant more brain surgery too this was long after his accident.

To say he is playing an 'Ill helpless man' is just awful.

Most of his problems in the house are due to age like his hearing, balance problems and so on, it comes to everyone fgs.

I swear posts like above just show the complete lack of tolerance many have for people with disabilities, brain injuries and illnesses.

Gary displays obvious signs of having a brain injury, forgetfulness about certain things for example (my family member has a brain injury which led to dementia and needs prompts to do things a lot).

Having a brain injury or being 70 doesn't mean he shouldn't be in BB either, he has every right as the rest of them and since this is celeb BB he has more right than some of the other non celebs in there atm.
Brilliantly stated. Gary has been treated appallingly by the self proclaimed 'in-crowd' of James, Stephanie, George etc. and they should be ashamed. I wonder how these cowardly bullies would have treated the great Muhammed Ali were he in the house? Would we we have seen reverence for a legend? Consideration for a now old man suffering from Parkinsons? Or we would we have witnessed the same intolerance and bullying from this crowd of non-entities whose ego's are infinitely larger than whatever meagre 'talent' has charitably stamped them as 'Celebrities' in the first place and allowed them to be in the same house as the genuine celebrity they are treating appallingly. Gary to win.
Old 31-08-2014, 01:26 PM #90

Quote:

Mark L
A roof? A warm blanket? Hey what about a bed or something so that he could have stretched his limbs out? He stayed until 1.30 trying his hardest to get comfortable, gosh I wonder how many will cope when they are older and their limbs seize. No compassion wow, what goes around comes around and it may hit some right in the posterior...ouch that will be painful. Serves them right.
Old 31-08-2014, 01:30 PM #91

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

I don't understand how people can get so offended and hurt over something that has no effect on them whatsoever.. If Gary is happy in there, shouldn't that be enough for people? jeeze.
Old 31-08-2014, 01:43 PM #92
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
I don't understand how people can get so offended and hurt over something that has no effect on them whatsoever.. If Gary is happy in there, shouldn't that be enough for people? jeeze.
Tis called empathy.
Old 31-08-2014, 01:46 PM #93

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creggle View Post
Tis called empathy.
I get that, i just see it s a waste of time for people to get so offended and butt hurt about something on behalf of someone else, even though said person isn't all that bothered by it
Old 31-08-2014, 01:51 PM #94

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
I totally agree with you BooBoo!!!
The fact that some people here feel such hatred for a harmless old guy who's doing his best to fit in and even to change how he behaves to please a bunch of vile twats sickens me!

Gary has more heart and integrity than the rest of those arrogant, ignorant pricks have between the lot of them! The fact that they all just sat there while vile young twats like Stephanie and Ricky ripped shreds out of Gary speaks volumes about their characters (or lack thereof!!!). Who the **** is Ricky to lecture Gary on not being a suitable role-model for his kids when Ricky acts like a ****ing chav neanderthal on a weekly basis on his poor excuse for a TV Show ? Cheeky, arrogant, delusional twat!!!!

I suppose these are the kind of people who voted for someone like Helen to win BB. What the absolute **** is 'Great' Britain coming too these days ? People should stop worrying about immigrants and worry more about some of the ****ing natives! It's a pity we can't have a clean-out and get rid of some of these low-brow scumbags and make the country a better place!
One of my fave posts
Old 31-08-2014, 01:53 PM #95

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I get that, i just see it s a waste of time for people to get so offended and butt hurt about something on behalf of someone else, even though said person isn't all that bothered by it
He is bothered, he acts not bothered. He acted not bothered with Meatloaf.

Last edited by Pincho Paxton; 31-08-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 31-08-2014, 01:54 PM #96

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Because this comes to us all!
Old 31-08-2014, 01:58 PM #97

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton View Post
He is bothered, he acts not bothered. He acted not bothered with Meatloaf.
People have spent the past couple of days glorifying Gary on his ability to not let anything get to him or bother him, so if he's not bothered, why should anyone else be bothered?
Old 31-08-2014, 02:14 PM #98

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
People have spent the past couple of days glorifying Gary on his ability to not let anything get to him or bother him, so if he's not bothered, why should anyone else be bothered?
Why did you use my quote, and then ask why he's not bothered? My quote says that he is bothered.
Old 31-08-2014, 02:17 PM #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
He does wear 2 hearing aids they've been mentioned in conversation but he finds it difficult when more than one person is speaking and because off the accents and when people speak fast. A hearing aid is what it says on the tin its an aid not a cure.
I am hearing disabled, hope it does not happen to you! When in a crowded place its a bit if a nightmare, lots screechy voices all jumbled up and actually quite painful.
What he has put up with in there is awful and I am full of admiration for him.
Old 31-08-2014, 02:20 PM #100

Favourites:
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
I could completely say a similar kind of thing to you. Why does it matter so much that people support Gary. Why should you care?

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
completely, fake, gary, Gary Busey