Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-05-2017, 11:52 AM #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
You have nothing to be stunned about Joey ,I have said several times that I will not be voting for her should this barbaric sport be brought back,why would I ? I adore animals,I maybe worded my post wrong,I was just pointing out that it is not just Tories who partake in this 'sport' it is people from all walks of life,yes labour toffs aswell,I have never ever said I supported it and never will.Plus although it is illegal,people are STILL doing it and stupid people go and watch.Where are the police when it is being carried out? Labour may have banned it,but they havent really made sure the people that partake still,are brought to book.Fox hunts still take place,always have,so without proper fines and policing it was a pointless law anyway.send them to prison for a stint,they might get the message then.
Fox hunting will not be made legal until the Tory government win this election... not before.

I agree about people from all walks of life, regardless of their political thinking, enjoying fox hunting.

There are still activists keeping a very close eye on legal fox hunters and insuring they don't do anything illegal but those who go out lamping, "illegal fox hunters", they are no different to illegal poachers.

When you say, Labour banned it but aren't keeping a proper eye on the enforcement, Labour are not the party in power. The only top down (on things like illegal fox hunting) we presently have is the Conservative government.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:58 AM #127
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post

I used to have a fox who would sit outside my front door of an evening waiting for scraps, she just disappeared one evening I expect something like this happened her, although she was quite old as well
The not knowing is awful. You can't help think the worse.

It's one reason why I won't get a cat, much as I like them, I couldn't handle it disappearing and never knowing what had happened to it which I understand is not uncommon.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 12:04 PM #128
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You have nothing to be stunned about Joey ,I have said several times that I will not be voting for her should this barbaric sport be brought back,why would I ? I adore animals,I maybe worded my post wrong,I was just pointing out that it is not just Tories who partake in this 'sport' it is people from all walks of life,yes labour toffs aswell,I have never ever said I supported it and never will.Plus although it is illegal,people are STILL doing it and stupid people go and watch.Where are the police when it is being carried out? Labour may have banned it,but they havent really made sure the people that partake still,are brought to book.Fox hunts still take place,always have,so without proper fines and policing it was a pointless law anyway.send them to prison for a stint,they might get the message then.
How can Labour make sure the law is upheld,they brought the ban in around 2005.
They have not been the govt.for the last 7 years,why have your Cons not made the Police enforce this.
I'll tell you why,because the Cons are in principle against the ban,so will not make sure it's enforced.
Hence now bringing it back.

Perhaps had Labour won in 2010 or 2015 and when it was clear these hunt organisers could get away with illegally flouting the ban,then Labour could be asked why they were able to get away with that.

People who love animals should be grateful Labour brought the ban in,in the first place.
Rather than not get at the Con led govts of the last 7 years,who have let their supporters/friends/donaters in these hunts get-away with breaking the law.

They won't be breaking any law once she holds this vote and it's legalised again.
Why does only the Con party advocate legalising this again.
That's the question people would be better asking.

Last edited by joeysteele; 17-05-2017 at 12:33 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 12:39 PM #129
-

-

If the foxes weren't so feckless and lazy the hounds wouldn't be able to catch them and they would have nothing to worry about
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 12:42 PM #130

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I came across a rather big fox one evening fairly recently that had been run over by a car and couldn't move its rear end. It was horrible as it had managed to fall off the path and into the road with cars and buses coming directly at it.

A group of us stood there waving at the traffic to go around it as it was still Alive and conscious at that point. After a while a car did run over its rail at one point but there was no response from the fox'. Sadly, but for the best, it had died. At least it wasn't its fate to suffer the same experience again. I will never forget it - my eyes well up every time I think about it.
Beautiful animals Brillo,that is a sad storyI don't think many condone fox hunting tbh.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 12:48 PM #131

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
How can Labour make sure the law is upheld,they brought the ban in around 2005.
They have not been the govt.for the last 7 years,why have your Cons not made the Police enforce this.
I'll tell you why,because the Cons are in principle against the ban,so will not make sure it's enforced.
Hence now bringing it back.

Perhaps had Labour won in 2010 or 2015 and when it was clear these hunt organisers could get away with illegally flouting the ban,then Labour could be asked why they were able to get away with that.

People who love animals should be grateful Labour brought the ban in,in the first place.
Rather than not get at the Con led govts of the last 7 years,who have let their supporters/friends/donaters in these hunts get-away with breaking the law.

They won't be breaking any law once she holds this vote and it's legalised again.
Why does only the Con party advocate legalising this again.
That's the question people would be better asking.
Labour banned it so should have enforced it more,it should have been slammed down on as soon as the 'toffs' started to flout the law. I agree any government that were in power after then should also have enforced it,so to me,Labour did so well banning it,but let us all down again by not enforcing it,We know Conservatives failed to do so,but Labour kinda failed too,even if Labour get in again,they wont bother too much with this law,it will still go on.

Old 17-05-2017, 02:01 PM #132
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Labour banned it so should have enforced it more,it should have been slammed down on as soon as the 'toffs' started to flout the law. I agree any government that were in power after then should also have enforced it,so to me,Labour did so well banning it,but let us all down again by not enforcing it,We know Conservatives failed to do so,but Labour kinda failed too,even if Labour get in again,they wont bother too much with this law,it will still go on.
Unbelievable,Labour bring the ban in but should have dealt with people who would break the law.
So it's their fault these jumped up sick huntspeople don't respect laws.

Labour were bothered enough to ban it in the first place despite Conservative opposition to a ban.

You let the Cons off again, this is one area of lawbreaking the Conservatives are not bothered about.
The ban has been in place around 12 years,the Cons have been in govt.for over 7 of those years,and allowed the law to be broken.
Not the Labour party or any other party.

Now these want to legalise it again and you will get at Labour and find ways to excuse the Cons who have not pursued their 'friends' breaking this law.
How on earth do you know Labour would not have tightened this law up had they stayed in power,after getting reports of repeated lawbreaking as to it.

Now the Cons again show their true colours on this and will vote to bring it back.
Yet this is Labour's fault.
For crying out loud.
Really I give up.I really do.
Unbelievable.
Old 17-05-2017, 02:21 PM #133

All parties are guilty of turning a blind eye to this but the Conservatives are responsible for the last 7 years that illegal hunting has going on, Labour for the previous 5 years (although I don't know enough about the issue to say how much still went on during the initial years just after the ban). It is a highly emotive issue and had the voting been closer this certainly could have been a vote loser for the Tories. Its not going to have that much of an impact in this election though sadly and so if Mrs May wants the vote offered, it looks like she would get a free reign to do so.
Old 17-05-2017, 02:39 PM #134

What ever way you look at it, you can't blame Labour for this!

Blair banned fox hunting
Cameron tried to re-instate fox hunting
May is now following in Cameron's shoes

The reason illegal hunters rarely find themselves in the dock is because the leaders of the Conservative government think its a waste of tax payers money.
Old 17-05-2017, 02:45 PM #135
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
And you assume most tories are FOR hunting. I would disagree as most tories are not upper-class toffs. You are living in the past.
Quote:
This is true, plus people from ALL the parties partake in the 'sport' and none of the other leaders of the parties are poor either,people who think Tories are all rich are deluded,they are no different than any other party running,yes they like to reward those who work hard (nothing wrong with that) rather that than encouraging people to not bother. maybe people should show the same passion for the likes of the Liberal Democrat leader who is against abortion,taking away a womans right.
Sorry, at what point in my OP did I make any assumptions either about who partakes in fox hunting, or what the socio-economic status of Tory voters is? I have made two posts in this thread and neither made any such comment or assumption, I merely posted the sources and let the debate begin. Honestly, does anyone on this forum actually read posts before they respond to them?
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 03:57 PM #136
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
If the foxes weren't so feckless and lazy the hounds wouldn't be able to catch them and they would have nothing to worry about
you will find its the hard working fox gets caught, too knackered to run, while the Jeremy Kyle watching foxes are nice and fresh
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 04:32 PM #137

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Unbelievable,Labour bring the ban in but should have dealt with people who would break the law.
So it's their fault these jumped up sick huntspeople don't respect laws.

Labour were bothered enough to ban it in the first place despite Conservative opposition to a ban.

You let the Cons off again, this is one area of lawbreaking the Conservatives are not bothered about.
The ban has been in place around 12 years,the Cons have been in govt.for over 7 of those years,and allowed the law to be broken.
Not the Labour party or any other party.

Now these want to legalise it again and you will get at Labour and find ways to excuse the Cons who have not pursued their 'friends' breaking this law.
How on earth do you know Labour would not have tightened this law up had they stayed in power,after getting reports of repeated lawbreaking as to it.

Now the Cons again show their true colours on this and will vote to bring it back.
Yet this is Labour's fault.
For crying out loud.
Really I give up.I really do.
Unbelievable.
I meant Joey that those three years labour were still in power,fox hunting was still going on,there was no punishments as such, IF they had enforced it better maybe by the time the Tories got in people may have thought twice about doing it,I am not letting the Tories off the hook,they failed too,I just think while labour banned it and were still in power they still let people break the law.they had 3 years to follow it up,they failed,so have left the field open for the vote to bring it back,that is all,I am trying to say .You bring a law in,you damn well make sure that law is respected and adhered to otherwise no one will take it seriously,it shouldn't be up for debate,it is abhorrent,but so are a lot of things humans call entertainment which all includes cruelty to animals.that's the human race for you.

Old 17-05-2017, 05:10 PM #138
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I meant Joey that those three years labour were still in power,fox hunting was still going on,there was no punishments as such, IF they had enforced it better maybe by the time the Tories got in people may have thought twice about doing it,I am not letting the Tories off the hook,they failed too,I just think while labour banned it and were still in power they still let people break the law.they had 3 years to follow it up,they failed,so have left the field open for the vote to bring it back,that is all,I am trying to say .You bring a law in,you damn well make sure that law is respected and adhered to otherwise no one will take it seriously,it shouldn't be up for debate,it is abhorrent,but so are a lot of things humans call entertainment which all includes cruelty to animals.that's the human race for you.

You bring in a law and expect people to act according to the law.
Yet the hunt organisers started to find ways to act illegally.

I would doubt a large number of illegal hunts took place in the early years actually.

There's a law in place,that should be abided by if the hunt supporters break the law,they should be prosecuted.

That they are not,is a reflection on the Police and govt too.
I repeat, this was made law in 2005.rolled out thereafter.
The last 7 years has the Party that was against banning it in power and them in that 7 years not doing a thing to ensure prosecution of their hunting friends.

Since 2015, the Cons have been intent on making it legal again,it was there is the 2015 manifesto and will be there this time again.
They have never liked it banned in any shape or form.
Only.them,no other party.

If it is made legal again,they will be the only ones to do it and want it to be.
Everyone who votes for May's Con party this time will be helping them do it too.

That's fine if people aren't bothered either way but they cannot then shed tears for the animals that will be legally chased and hunted down by dogs again for good,when this passes the vote she will be putting to Parliament.
.... and I predict it will be passed with great ease too with lots more Con MPs.
Old 17-05-2017, 06:03 PM #139

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You bring in a law and expect people to act according to the law.
Yet the hunt organisers started to find ways to act illegally.

I would doubt a large number of illegal hunts took place in the early years actually.

There's a law in place,that should be abided by if the hunt supporters break the law,they should be prosecuted.

That they are not,is a reflection on the Police and govt too.
I repeat, this was made law in 2005.rolled out thereafter.
The last 7 years has the Party that was against banning it in power and them in that 7 years not doing a thing to ensure prosecution of their hunting friends.

Since 2015, the Cons have been intent on making it legal again,it was there is the 2015 manifesto and will be there this time again.
They have never liked it banned in any shape or form.
Only.them,no other party.

If it is made legal again,they will be the only ones to do it and want it to be.
Everyone who votes for May's Con party this time will be helping them do it too.

That's fine if people aren't bothered either way but they cannot then shed tears for the animals that will be legally chased and hunted down by dogs again for good,when this passes the vote she will be putting to Parliament.
.... and I predict it will be passed with great ease too with lots more Con MPs.
But it maybe passed Joey with the votes of other party members too ,it's not just the Conservatives that partake ,but I will leave it here as I don't want to annoy you,but rest assured,I wont be voting for anyone if it goes to a negative vote.

Old 17-05-2017, 08:36 PM #140
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I recall reading in 2004 that the vote to ban foxhunting had only 12 Labour MPs voting against and we'll over 300 supporting the ban.
The Cons had under 200 MPs at that time whereby only 6 supported the banning of foxhunting with 115 of Con MPs voting against banning it.
The vote being something like 320 for the ban and 145 against,of which 115 of those 145 being said Con MPs.

The Lords were obstructive and then speaker Michael Martin allowed the parliament act to get this made into law.

The Cons were against all through.

Now consider,under 200 Con MPs with 115 voting to keep foxhunting legal then.
Imagine likely nearer 400 of them after this election.

That does not bode well for the Fox at all and shows the Cons have always been the ones the most against making foxhunting illegal and the ones who have been and are,the ones who want it legalised again.
Old 18-05-2017, 02:23 PM #141
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

It is there in the Conservative manifesto,not a Mrs May's personal hope only,there as a Conservative manifesto commitment to hold a vote.

Anyone voting Conservative now opens up the risk of this being legalised again.
Which it will be,with no chance of it ever being banned again likely either.

Anyone who hates this barbaric hunting,the urgent warning is there for all to see.
It is going to a vote.
It will be legalised again.
Votng Conservative ensures its greater likelihood to be legalised.

No good complaining in 2022,once it has then been voted back by the vast majority of Con MPs.

Last edited by joeysteele; 18-05-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 18-05-2017, 05:47 PM #142
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Default Fox Hunting

So I just heard that there is to be a 'free vote' to give the option to bring back fox hunting.

Would anyone seriously vote yes to this? it's barbaric and not a sport it's repulsive to hunt something until it is torn apart by a pack of dogs.
Old 18-05-2017, 05:51 PM #143
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

im for it, foxes are pests and kill out chickens for fun.
evil creatures
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 05:53 PM #144
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Thread here Amy

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=318798
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 06:01 PM #145
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserSince2005 View Post
im for it, foxes are pests and kill out chickens for fun.
evil creatures
So shoot them. No need to chase them for hours and and have them ripped apart.
Old 18-05-2017, 06:05 PM #146

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=318798

thread already
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 06:07 PM #147
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
there is a comment on this already
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 06:32 PM #148
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

Kill Basil 1st

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 07:25 PM #149
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Sadly Amy,yes people will support May and her Party on this by voting for her Party.
Even those claiming to detest this form of hunting are willing to take the risk of this coming back.

To me and I've had this view since a child who witnessed the end of a hunt while playing with friends which traumatised me, I not only detest this kind of hunting but also those who do it and those who support it and would legalise again them doing it too.

People who support this disgust me and it reveals a lot to me as the people they really are, with their sick cruel thinking too.

Last edited by joeysteele; 18-05-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 18-05-2017, 07:46 PM #150
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye

never in a million years could I be friends with someone who supported fox hunting, it's barbaric and I just cannot get my head around why anyone would get entertainment from killing animals of any kind. I'd love it if these vile people could come back as a hunted animal and let them get ripped apart too. Hunting of any kind is just wrong in my view. I could never be friends with anyone who supported this.

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
elected, fox, free, hunting, promises, theresa, vote