Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2014, 11:25 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
not surprisingly gary is a product of hollywood messy hair carefully held in place with spray

he has been taught 'spirituality' but lacks compassion/awareness to best utilise what he has learned

an academy nominated actor who was shown without direction to be a poor actor ( balloons task ? )

does gary wear a hearing aid? if not...............why not?

a 'tough guy' actor unwilling to spend the night outside during a british summer.............under shelter with a nice warm blanket

Mark L
Spirituality is something which comes from within, we cannot really be taught it. Many shy away from any suggestion of different aspects of life.

He was brilliant in the balloon test but of course the rest didnt want to save him, they thought they knew best. At 70 leaway should be made for someone not to have to sleep out in the cold. Many a Hm, some in their 50s, have been let off tasks because of medical reasons. It was just unfortunate that this was made public to the whole house. We seem to have forgotten also one or two others being annoyed with it all. Not to worry though, they arent Gary so it is ok. They were allowed the sympathy and comfort of the other HMs. It isnt the warm blanket that counted, it was the fact that the body was doubled up. Gary put up with it until 1.30am he tried his hardest to get comfortable but he even had trouble getting up to find the loo. He had the courage to ask to go inside, rightly so it was granted.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:28 AM #27
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
I don't find him entertaining even on the carefully edited highlights.

We are never shown the bits where he barges into people's conversations, tells housemates to shut up etc etc. Clearly this happens from comments by other housemates.

You can be sure if this civilian BB, and the producers were not trying to protect their "big star", we would see a fuller picture.
Doesn't mean it happens at all because a few of the others say it does. This from housemates who have show no or little compassion in there and been quite rude and even obnoxious themselves. So, don't think I will will be taking their words for a lot of stuff. As for the civilain BB, still disagree with that point from you, but that's your opinion, also far from see Gary being protected by BB as your post seems to insinuate, in fact I would say the opposite seems more likely, especially when BOTs is on.

Fair enough you don't find Gary entertaining, would be a boring BB if everyone had the same favourites.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Old 29-08-2014, 11:30 AM #28
cancelled

cancelled

Default you what

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Can you Edit your title
or ask a Mod to?
sure! what title would you like.............pick from

'gary is not as fake as ebandit thinks'

'gary is a star.............why should he extend kindness and consideration to others'

'gary is a spiritual guru..............his therapist told him'

Mark L
Old 29-08-2014, 11:32 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I couldn't give a flying **** if Gary or any of them are fake and playing the game which is what BB is, a game to find a winner, at least Gary is entertaining in there, and doesn't have the nasty streak many of the rest of the housemates have. He considers them friends in there, which is more than most of that backstabbing lot think of him. So Gary to make the final please as he won't win as Americans never seem to in the UK BB.
Hopefully Suze he will win. If his present fans stay loyal to him then they will vote, I know I will be. I know what you are saying though re the Americans but tbh some of them are far more entertaining than our lot. I only have two exceptions, Jim Davidson and Julian, they were brilliant. Other than that I think the Brits let us down and I cannot honestly see where their celebrity status comes in. Many just show their true selves, which most of the time isnt at all acceptable.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:34 AM #30

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
not surprisingly gary is a product of hollywood messy hair carefully held in place with spray

he has been taught 'spirituality' but lacks compassion/awareness to best utilise what he has learned

an academy nominated actor who was shown without direction to be a poor actor ( balloons task ? )

does gary wear a hearing aid? if not...............why not?

a 'tough guy' actor unwilling to spend the night outside during a british summer.............under shelter with a nice warm blanket

Mark L
Outside at night with the temp at between 6-8 degrees centigrade is not an easy thing, even less so for someone in their 70's.

None of your examples indicate that he's fake either.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:36 AM #31

Quote:
sure! what title would you like.............pick from

'gary is not as fake as ebandit thinks'

'gary is a star.............why should he extend kindness and consideration to others'

'gary is a spiritual guru..............his therapist told him'

Mark L
He is none of them. He is finding his own way in life, which we all have to do, for that reason he is a star. His charity work and talks depict a very caring man.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:37 AM #32
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris
Lynne

Favourites (more):

I don't think it's Gary that is fake I think it's all in the editing - Gary admits he spits on the floor but we haven't been shown this at all - I couldn't live with someone who did that, yet they show Lauren peeing in the pool. I get the feeling we are all being played on this one - even though I find Gary very entertaining I get the feeling a lot of his bad behaviour isn't being shown.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:39 AM #33
cancelled

cancelled

Default but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
He is none of them. He is finding his own way in life, which we all have to do, for that reason he is a star. His charity work and talks depict a very caring man.
but time and time again gary fails to show consideration to fellow hm's

Mark L

Last edited by ebandit; 29-08-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:40 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBB1508 View Post
I don't think it's Gary that is fake I think it's all in the editing - Gary admits he spits on the floor but we haven't been shown this at all - I couldn't live with someone who did that, yet they show Lauren peeing in the pool. I get the feeling we are all being played on this one - even though I find Gary very entertaining I get the feeling a lot of his bad behaviour isn't being shown.
You mean Gary admitted he spat on the floor then said he knows he can't do that now? I'm pretty sure they were talking about during the Agents task too when he had to eat horrible things.

It was mentioned only once it's not as if they are all saying it and I'm sure that would have been a very valid nomination reason had it still been happening..

So what about the live feed then? we saw the isolating on there even more than the edited highlights?

Last edited by Josy; 29-08-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:41 AM #35

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Gary is not fake.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:42 AM #36

Quote:
I don't find him entertaining even on the carefully edited highlights.

We are never shown the bits where he barges into people's conversations, tells housemates to shut up etc etc. Clearly this happens from comments by other housemates.

You can be sure if this civilian BB, and the producers were not trying to protect their "big star", we would see a fuller picture.
If we are never shown the bits where he "barges" in, how do we know about them. Have we all taken notice of the others how they talk over each other? Have we taken notice of the others with their tantrums etc....Where Gary is concerned we have seen it all and it has been built up upon as each one comes out if they are before Gary, it will be built up upon more.

TBH I do not think the producers want Gary to win, the end will tell, their favourites are Dee and George imo. I cannot stand Dee and I cannot really tolerate George. Listen to the opinions though. Yes Gary gets a lot of praise but, when it comes to the crunch, will he be allowed to win? They will bleed his fans until the end and then..............bang!!!

For once I am hoping for a fair final and I will continue to vote for Gary, Frenchy and Audley.

Last edited by Jules2; 29-08-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:46 AM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
You mean Gary admitted he spat on the floor then said he knows he can't do that now? I'm pretty sure they were talking about during the Agents task too when he had to eat horrible things.

It was mentioned only once it's not as if they are all saying it and I'm sure that would have been a very valid nomination reason had it still been happening..

So what about the live feed then? we saw the isolating on there even more than the edited highlights?

That was disgusting tbh and Madam Dee goes to Stephanie to comfort her and tell her that they will both go to the DR the next day. Stephanie had been caught out in more ways than one, she was sulking in her bed. James was lecturing Gary in his condescending way and then comforting Stephanie and the pair of them made fun of Gary. Mmmm spoilt child syndrome and egoistic male and Gary says "thankyou".....

Last edited by Jules2; 29-08-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:50 AM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
[/B]

That was disgusting tbh and Madam Dee goes to Stephanie to comfort her and tell her that they will both go to the DR the next day. Stephanie had been caught out in more ways than one, she was sulking in her bed. James was lecturing Gary in his condescending way and then comforting Stephanie and the pair of them made fun of Gary. Mmmm spoilt child syndrome and egoistic male and Gary says "thankyou".....
Yeah I know, that's one of the most annoying things.

Gary hasn't said a bad word about any of them in there yet every time James gives him one of his 'talking to's' Gary ends up apologising? wtf
Old 29-08-2014, 11:51 AM #39
Lynne

Favourites (more):
Lynne

Favourites (more):

Quote:

To be fair he could be alluding to the task but he may not be and yes it would be a valid reason for nominating him but maybe there are other reasons that fit in with the whole BB scenario.

I watched the live feed last night and quite honestly - apart from the end in the kitchen I didn't see much of him being isolated - just some rather mean comments when people had finished speaking to him BUT they are aware that they are on live feed and I'm sorry to say that I find it all very manipulated since it moved onto C5 hence I just can't buy in to the whole Gary is being bullied bit at the moment.

Just my opinions I'm afraid.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:52 AM #40

Quote:
To be fair he could be alluding to the task but he may not be and yes it would be a valid reason for nominating him but maybe there are other reasons that fit in with the whole BB scenario.

I watched the live feed last night and quite honestly - apart from the end in the kitchen I didn't see much of him being isolated - just some rather mean comments when people had finished speaking to him BUT they are aware that they are on live feed and I'm sorry to say that I find it all very manipulated since it moved onto C5 hence I just can't buy in to the whole Gary is being bullied bit at the moment.

Just my opinions I'm afraid.
Fair enough.
Old 29-08-2014, 12:51 PM #41
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Nah Gary's definitely not a fake.

The only thing i can think about him that COULD be fake, is how he's managed to stay friendly towards the other HMs even when they are constantly lecturing him about his faults, screaming at him for being disgusting etc.

But i don't think even that is fake, that's probably just damage limitation - not wanting to argue and make things worse. Jale did the same thing with Pauline.

Plus i think Gary is way beyond the need to argue now. He has clearly had a lot of therapy and puts what he learnt in therapy into action - and has learnt not to be bothered and waste energy on people who are being negative and mean to him.
Old 29-08-2014, 01:00 PM #42

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

oh great, another sensationisistical poster..whoooopeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Old 29-08-2014, 01:00 PM #43

Quote:
If Gary was a housemate in civilian BB, with no "fame" everyone would be baying for him to be booted!
Gary and Helen in the same house. Now that would have been interesting.
Old 29-08-2014, 01:02 PM #44

I would say this BB would be very boring without him he's made the show for me all the others are up each others butt. I would be pleased to sit down and talk to this guy about all he's done and who he's met but these other's are so full of themselves they have not got time for him.
Gary will win this without playing any game.
Old 29-08-2014, 01:03 PM #45
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:
I thought this too last night,he admitted to spitting on the floor and people claim he's being bullied about hygiene I wonder why ? dirrrttttyyyyy gett !!
Old 29-08-2014, 01:03 PM #46

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
oh great, another sensationisistical poster..whoooopeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Now now, play nice!
Old 29-08-2014, 01:13 PM #47

Quote:

Mark L
A lack of tolerance and consideration of elderly people with hearing problems and how these two things can impact on communication and behaviour is far worse.

Unfortunately you will probably understand it one day and expect people to show you some consideration - but intolerant, selfish young peole will always exist.
Old 29-08-2014, 01:18 PM #48

Quote:

Mark L
Cuts both ways, from the start he was told that he was disliked by them all. He has tried to join in but he is shunned. He feels betrayal from Leslie. His only true friend in there is Frenchy. Have they tried to get into a one to one chat with him, he asks certain things, they answer and then run away. He tried to get in a conversation with Audley (whom I like) but there was no interaction. James letures him but at least it is someone for him to talk to. Leslie decries his 4 year old son, did he ever try and chat about it? He had a lovely cuddle with Frenchy because he knows that she respects him......Even now Adele is talking down to him, not with him, this is what they do as though they are greater than him but they arent, not by a long chalk. Quite honestly they make me sick.
Old 29-08-2014, 01:35 PM #49

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
I doubt it.

He has interesting things to say, he is interesting to watch, he hasn't said a bad word about anyone in there and yet look how they have treated him.
If I hadn't watched celeb apprentice I would be convinced Gary was a poor old man being picked on too. But I'm a bit dubious. He was disruptive and a wind up at times and he drove them nuts on it as well. You seen a lot more of him in action. He had bad social skills, he was rude, inconsiderate and not a team player. When they tried to reason with him he would thank them and say he loved them so that hasn't changed either. He didn't have much of a hearing problem either, but that may have gotten worse.

Two shows with around 24 people - they can't all be uncaring and heartless to whatever degree, it doesn't compute. So it's common sense to assume the main problem stems from Gary himself. I don't think he's fake, I think that is just him. I fully believe what the HM's are saying and I think the editing is misleading. 40 minutes of live feed can't possibly give a true picture. I was hoping that he would drive them all mad, and he is - only we are not really seeing why so we are missing out, I think.
He certainly causes controversy wherever he goes, which makes him a great HM!
Old 29-08-2014, 01:37 PM #50

Gary is not fake he's rude! We are not being shown it enough and every time the other hm have a go at him over it the public scream bullying.

Having watched last nights Show again I believe everyone was upfront and honest (Stephanie was a bit over the top).

People were on here giving out about dee's reason for George, her reason was the high pitched screeching voice at 2 in the morning

Claire gave the same reason no one mentions it here.

Stephanie and James were laughing and joking at the table she shouldn't have been given a warning and her noms shouldn't have been discounted.

There are nine or ten people in that house who are looking for a little bit of respect from Gary...they can't all be wrong...no matter what age you are respect works both ways.

BB are definitely very manipulative this time round.

They will wait till the last couple of day and show all his faults and that's when the public goes bonkers!
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
completely, fake, gary, Gary Busey