Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-10-2017, 02:48 PM #51
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
'Cis' is pigeonholing people too tbh.

I don't identify as 'cis' and I don't believe many others would if they knew what it actually meant. I dont conform to 'feminine' stereotypes. I don't have a 'gender identity' at all and think 'gender' is all bollocks and a social construct. Which makes me technically a-gender, or non-binary, which in turn puts me under the 'trans umbrella'...I actually think 90%+ of people would be under the umbrella if they knew what all the bull**** terms meant.

The only way 'non-binary' and such is 'special' is if it is assumed everyone else is 'cis'. When thats not the case at all.
Exactly! It's all bull**** and that's why we shouldn't play into the hands of it by creating "us" and "others" in any circumstance.

Here is the only accurate description of what happened if trying to use loose terms rather than specific motivations:

"Some individuals attacked some other individuals while they were doing some stuff specific to them, because those individuals happened to take personal issue with those things". That's it, that is the entire story.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 02:51 PM #52
0_o

0_o

But its still important that the message gets out about what this law change will actually be. Rather than the fluffy 'its for trans rights' version the activists put out. When its nothing at all to do with trans rights and infact is detrimental to a lot of transsexual people :S

So maybe

People telling the truth about a law change physically attacked by people who do not give a crap about the rights of others and don't want the truth to get out about what the law change actually means for most people?
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 29-10-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 02:56 PM #53

Quote:
I don't think it is. I think 'genuine transsexuals' are the minority now. And I think that there should not be any laws changed to protect these mouthy bastards. As the changes in laws will be detrimental to transsexual people, along with women and kids. And some men too though I can't see too many transmen taking advantage as most of them dont want to access male areas/sports/whatever in the first place as there is no advantage for them to do so...unlike 'transwomen' v females.

Even if if IS the vocal minority, it is this vocal minority who are currently getting laws changed. It is this minority who are advising the government and schools on how to handle the issue.

People need to know whats going on, whats actually being pushed for and how blindly accepting it will be detrimental to most people besides some pervs/misogynists/narcissists. And if I will keep being called a terf and transphobic in the meantime, well I can deal with that. its water off a ducks back now tbh as, as I said, even believing biology is relevant in certain areas of life makes you a 'terf'. FFS they even call transsexual people who are gender critical terfs too
But like TS has pointed out, its the minority who are being mouthy bastards and not the majority.

Having worked in the club scene, the transsexuals I've known have been very gender-critical, to a point of unfairness. They like to point out that they are a woman with a cherry on top whilst others aren't.

I've yet to meet a misogynist transexual or transvestite. They normally adore everything that is considered female and feminine.

There are transvestite pervs but transvestite pervs tend to like men, not women. Stunners was full of transvestite pervs and it was full of men who considered themselves straight but wanted a quick shag with something that looked relatively female.
Crossdressers tend to be straight. They just like the feel of female clothes on their bodies but tend to have straight girlfriends and wives who are cool with that.
Old 29-10-2017, 03:03 PM #54
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
But like TS has pointed out, its the minority who are being mouthy bastards and not the majority.

Having worked in the club scene, the transsexuals I've known have been very gender-critical, to a point of unfairness. They like to point out that they are a woman with a cherry on top whilst others aren't.

I've yet to meet a misogynist transexual or transvestite. They normally adore everything that is considered female and feminine.

There are transvestite pervs but transvestite pervs tend to like men, not women. Stunners was full of transvestite pervs and it was full of men who considered themselves straight but wanted a quick shag with something that looked relatively female.
Crossdressers tend to be straight. They just like the feel of female clothes on their bodies but tend to have straight girlfriends and wives who are cool with that.
Yes, from my experience (I know 3 transwomen in real life and talk to a fair few online too) actual transsexual people do NOT think they are actually female and would also benefit from 'gender' being abolished completely. They also kind of take offense when others tell them they actually ARE women as they say a transwoman is a transwoman, not a woman. Its different. And thats fine.

The transsexual cause (and also intersex is appropriated a lot in the arguments) has basically been hijacked by a bunch of idiots with their own agenda.

BUT noone is challenging this

Transpeople who challenge it are shouted down by the very same 'activists' who claim to be fighting for them. they are called truscum and denounced by their own communities ffs. Women who challenge it are shouted down and threatened with rape and violence (indeed some actually are attacked). Men who challenge it are just ignored...but the men who challenge it are fewer as it hasn't personally affected them yet.

Its all a mess. yet these activists are actually consulting with the government, and schools. The same group who attacked (and defended the attackers) the 60 year old (trans health for london or whatever the hell they call themselves) are the ones 'advising Maria Miller on this ridiculous new law.

Bonkers. And I am glad the gender critical voices seem to be getting more common. As as soon as people think a little deeper into it, they see it all for the bull**** it is.

Quote:
There are transvestite pervs but transvestite pervs tend to like men, not women.
Well its women, and more specifically lesbians who are bearing the brunt of this. How does that tally? Every lesbian I know (which is quite a few, as I drink on the gay scene) has had at least one negative experience with a 'transwoman' who is a 'lesbian'. I didn't even know about this until about a year ago as I was very much in the 'transwomen are women' camp and would have said any other view was transphobic. Since I became gender critical, these people have confided in me...and actually said they never said anything before as I would cry 'transphobe' like the other people they told. Thats sad..it really is
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 29-10-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 29-10-2017, 03:11 PM #55
0_o

0_o

Kind of offtopic, but I think there are as many 'genders' as there are people on this earth. As gender is just personality and dress sense when it comes down to it.

Of course some people have sex dysphoria, but this is not really anything to do with 'gender', its a dislike of their body parts. Like any other dysphoria. If this is eased by surgeries and such, then good for them. All evidence shows though that after surgery, suicide risk actually rises, so I don't think its the 'miracle cure' that some seem to think it is. Either way though,. if adults want to have surgery its up to them. What I dislike most about this whole thing, is the targeting of children. Convincing the likes of 'tomboys' that they actually are boys and setting them on the route to sterilization and lifetime medical intervention. Its just wrong. A kids brain isn't even fully developed ffs. And also, kids with 'gender dysphoria' if just left alone to develop properly, 80%+ of them grow out of it, and most simply become gay adults. This 'transing' kids thing is blatantly homophobic. Its modern day eugenics. Yet has widespread support from people who do not actually think into it. Madness. Total madness.

Just let kids be kids, and let them wear or play with whatever they like. Dress sense and toy choice have nothing to do with their sex To pretend they do, is ****ing dangerous and stupid.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 29-10-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 29-10-2017, 04:15 PM #56

Quote:
Yes, from my experience (I know 3 transwomen in real life and talk to a fair few online too) actual transsexual people do NOT think they are actually female and would also benefit from 'gender' being abolished completely. They also kind of take offense when others tell them they actually ARE women as they say a transwoman is a transwoman, not a woman. Its different. And thats fine.

The transsexual cause (and also intersex is appropriated a lot in the arguments) has basically been hijacked by a bunch of idiots with their own agenda.

BUT noone is challenging this

Transpeople who challenge it are shouted down by the very same 'activists' who claim to be fighting for them. they are called truscum and denounced by their own communities ffs. Women who challenge it are shouted down and threatened with rape and violence (indeed some actually are attacked). Men who challenge it are just ignored...but the men who challenge it are fewer as it hasn't personally affected them yet.

Its all a mess. yet these activists are actually consulting with the government, and schools. The same group who attacked the 60 year old (trans health for london or whatever the hell they call themselves) are the ones 'advising Maria Miller on this ridiculous new law.

Bonkers. And I am glad the gender critical voices seem to be getting more common. As as soon as people think a little deeper into it, they see it all for the bull**** it is.

Well its women, and more specifically lesbians who are bearing the brunt of this. How does that tally? Every lesbian I know (which is quite a few, as I drink on the gay scene) has had at least one negative experience with a 'transwoman' who is a 'lesbian'. I didn't even know about this until about a year ago as I was very much in the 'transwomen are women' camp and would have said any other view was transphobic. Since I became gender critical, these people have confided in me...and actually said they never said anything before as I would cry 'transphobe' like the other people they told. Thats sad..it really is
Or its lesbian women who are complaining about it. Depends on where you spend your nights out but I'll bet you plenty of men get the come on from this particular type of girl brigade. I've been asked out on several occasions in the past by transvestites. Its never been a problem when I've said I'm not interested. What I didn't say is, "I'd never date a trani because I only date men and your not a real man." Perhaps that's the mistake gay girls are making when they are trying to put these trans females off. I've always got along fine with mixed genders but then I've never shown revulsion. The ones I've been acquainted to have always been pleasant and polite.

I've also hung out in gay bars but generally, I find gay men much more fun and friendly than gay women. Gay women generally find me being bi, offensive and for some reason, threatening, even though I've never considered coming on to a lesbian. Gay women are probably my least selective group to be amongst because they seem to be so intent on protecting themselves from the outside world, that they to have difficulty chilling out.
Old 29-10-2017, 04:23 PM #57
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Or its lesbian women who are complaining about it. Depends on where you spend your nights out but I'll bet you plenty of men get the come on from this particular type of girl brigade. I've been asked out on several occasions in the past by transvestites. Its never been a problem when I've said I'm not interested. What I didn't say is, "I'd never date a trani because I only date men and your not a real man." Perhaps that's the mistake gay girls are making when they are trying to put these trans females off. I've always got along fine with mixed genders but then I've never shown revulsion. The ones I've been acquainted to have always been pleasant and polite.

I've also hung out in gay bars but generally, I find gay men much more fun and friendly than gay women. Gay women generally find me being bi, offensive and for some reason, threatening, even though I've never considered coming on to a lesbian. Gay women are probably my least selective group to be amongst because they seem to be so intent on protecting themselves from the outside world, that they to have difficulty chilling out.
Hmm maybe. My husband gets come onto by so many gay men when we are out, he finds it hilarious and they almost always back off when he says he is straight The drag queens though, will pester and pester. But he doesn't feel intimidated by it

When 'transwomen' (or straight men who like wearing dresses, not genuine transsexuals) are coming onto lesbians...it seems they do not take no for an answer...and the women find that intimidating. Hell in one case, the person 'passed' as female and actually did not reveal that they were a 'person with a penis' until they had the lesbian alone at her house. That completely wrong. This person physically assaulted the lesbian, when the lesbian said that she did not shag people with penises as she was gay. The argument was, you were attracted to me until you realized I was trans, bigot! And they did not appear to understand that lesbians just do not suck dick. Apparently another part of the argument was that lesbians use dildos, so this was no different. Which is very homophobic tbh.

Lesbians really are bearing the brunt of this 'movement' IMO. And when they speak out, they are branded 'transphobic' as 'transwomen are women'. Bizzare. Sexualities are transphobic because people are attracted to a certain sex and apparently sex doesn't matter at all, 'gender identity' does. Both homophobic and (I don't think this is really a thing but for the sake of argument) heterophobic.

Quote:
Gay women are probably my least selective group to be amongst because they seem to be so intent on protecting themselves from the outside world, that they to have difficulty chilling out.
This is likely to be because their sexualities are attacked over and over. Along with them being physically attacked/intimidated on a regular basis, just for being gay. The stories I have heard about how lesbians are treat in general would curl toes tbh.

Gay men are much more accepted by society than lesbians are.

Read up on the 'cotton ceiling' for how these 'transwomen' (note, not transsexuals) who are attracted to females view lesbians. Its sick.

https://terfisaslur.com/cotton-ceiling/
http://sjwiki.org/wiki/Cotton_ceiling
[T]he cotton ceiling [is] us[ed] to challenge cis lesbians’ tendency to support trans causes generally but draw the line at sleeping with trans women or including trans lesbians in their sexual communities.[5]
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 29-10-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 29-10-2017, 05:39 PM #58
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
and think 'gender' is all bollocks and a social construct
Which aspects of gender roles are societal, rather than being driven by biology/neurology?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 05:51 PM #59

Quote:
Hmm maybe. My husband gets come onto by so many gay men when we are out, he finds it hilarious and they almost always back off when he says he is straight The drag queens though, will pester and pester. But he doesn't feel intimidated by it
Mine too, but like your husband, it doesn't bother him. If we go in a gay bar the men think I'm his faghag! I actually enjoy them trying to come on to him. I guess that makes me a little sick

Quote:

This is likely to be because their sexualities are attacked over and over. Along with them being physically attacked/intimidated on a regular basis, just for being gay. The stories I have heard about how lesbians are treat in general would curl toes tbh.
Is that because lesbians are much more private? gay men tend to be out there in all their glory. All of us love a gay male friend because they are so much fun. Lesbians on the other hand, generally aren't a lot of fun to be around.

I would also say that transsexuals and transvestites are attacked a lot, especially physically. If you look at suicide rates of transexuals, its a lot higher than the average gay person.

One things for sure from this thread... you and I haven't led sheltered lives
Old 29-10-2017, 07:09 PM #60
-

-

Quote:
gay men tend to be out there in all their glory. All of us love a gay male friend because they are so much fun. Lesbians on the other hand, generally aren't a lot of fun to be around.:
Really though DR? Do you also love your Scottish friends because they play the bagpipes so well, and your Indian friends because they make wonderful curries?

I'm genuinely a bit surprised that you're suggesting that broad stereotypes are in any way an accurate depiction of the average gay male or female .
Old 29-10-2017, 07:34 PM #61

Quote:
Really though DR? Do you also love your Scottish friends because they play the bagpipes so well, and your Indian friends because they make wonderful curries?

I'm genuinely a bit surprised that you're suggesting that broad stereotypes are in any way an accurate depiction of the average gay male or female .
I can only go on my own observation TS.
Old 29-10-2017, 07:35 PM #62
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Which aspects of gender roles are societal, rather than being driven by biology/neurology?
Every bit of it

Do you think that people with vaginas tend to wear dresses and play with dolls for biological reasons, or because society tells them thats 'how to girl' and pushes it on them from birth?

I would argue that sex is biology. And that sex cannot be changed. Yes there are biological differences between sexes. Bit none of this is anything to do with 'gender' or 'trans' and no trans person can really 'feel like a woman/man' as they are not a woman/man so cannot know how a woman/man feels. And that most women/men do not feel 'like women/men' they just feel like themselves. Basically in short, sex is a biological reality, not a feeling inside someones head.

And gender is entirely social. And no matter what your sex, you are free to do whatever the hell you like with your hairdo, makeup clothes and whatnot. But changing these things does not mean you have actually changed sex (an a hell of a lot of transsexuals agree with this too) and to pretend that this does mean you have changed sex is detrimental to everyone.

What parts of gender roles do you think are down to biology/neurology?
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 29-10-2017 at 07:53 PM.
Old 29-10-2017, 07:41 PM #63
0_o

0_o

Quote:

I would also say that transsexuals and transvestites are attacked a lot, especially physically. If you look at suicide rates of transexuals, its a lot higher than the average gay person.
This is because 'trans' is often alongisde a hell of a lot of mental health conditions. I believe its something like 60% of trans people have co-morbid mental disorders. 20% have more than 1 mental health problem too

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4882090/

Makes sense that suicide rates are higher among a population that has more mental health issues tbh

So surely...the answer to this is not surgery(after which, suicide rate actually goes up) and pretending that they actually are the sex they want to be? The solution is therapy...or that should be the start at the very least. But therapy is 'gatekeeping' and transactivists fight against this also. Mental.

A disproportionate amount of FTM trans people have been sexually abused. This also needs looking into and researched. I think its obvious that someome who has been abused might find life as the opposite sex quite appealing, if they think they would be safer that way.

Also a lot of people who are trans have autism or conditions like that..the link is getting cleaer and clearer. Something else that needs looked into and not just written off as 'transphobic nonsense'

Many many people who have undergone hormones and/or surgery regret it and want to 'change back'. This is important research but research thats NOT ALLOWED to be done. Seriously. Looking into that is also deemed transphobic...and instead we have to pretend that detransitioners do not exist.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 29-10-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old 29-10-2017, 07:59 PM #64
-

-

Quote:
I can only go on my own observation TS.
That's exactly how stereotypes are created and furthered, though. Predicting and assuming that someone will be "how you expect them to be" based on your past experiences of "other people of that sort". The idea that "Gay men are so much fun!" but "Lesbians aren't fun to be around" is just as damaging as saying something like "You're Asian, so you must be really clever!" or "I wouldn't hang around black men... Black men tend to be so aggressive".

It's the very definition of pigeonholing and "judging a book by its cover", and I've always thought of you as the sort of person who is more likely to take each individual as they come rather than "lumping into" easily digestible personality archetypes?

In MY experience of gay men - and I have some very good gay friends - they would find the sentence "Gay men are so much fun to have as friends" to be patronising, sweeping, shallow and impersonal.
Old 29-10-2017, 08:53 PM #65

Quote:
This is because 'trans' is often alongisde a hell of a lot of mental health conditions. I believe its something like 60% of trans people have co-morbid mental disorders. 20% have more than 1 mental health problem too

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4882090/

Makes sense that suicide rates are higher among a population that has more mental health issues tbh

So surely...the answer to this is not surgery(after which, suicide rate actually goes up) and pretending that they actually are the sex they want to be? The solution is therapy...or that should be the start at the very least. But therapy is 'gatekeeping' and transactivists fight against this also. Mental.

A disproportionate amount of FTM trans people have been sexually abused. This also needs looking into and researched. I think its obvious that someome who has been abused might find life as the opposite sex quite appealing, if they think they would be safer that way.

Also a lot of people who are trans have autism or conditions like that..the link is getting cleaer and clearer. Something else that needs looked into and not just written off as 'transphobic nonsense'

Many many people who have undergone hormones and/or surgery regret it and want to 'change back'. This is important research but research thats NOT ALLOWED to be done. Seriously. Looking into that is also deemed transphobic...and instead we have to pretend that detransitioners do not exist.
I'm sorry. I mean, maybe there is some truth in this but this is beyond my comprehension. I can not accept that transexuals are mainly suffering from mental illness and past abuse. Transsexualism is not a and must never be seen as a mental condition or a condition of circumstance.
Old 29-10-2017, 09:01 PM #66

Quote:
That's exactly how stereotypes are created and furthered, though. Predicting and assuming that someone will be "how you expect them to be" based on your past experiences of "other people of that sort". The idea that "Gay men are so much fun!" but "Lesbians aren't fun to be around" is just as damaging as saying something like "You're Asian, so you must be really clever!" or "I wouldn't hang around black men... Black men tend to be so aggressive".

It's the very definition of pigeonholing and "judging a book by its cover", and I've always thought of you as the sort of person who is more likely to take each individual as they come rather than "lumping into" easily digestible personality archetypes?

In MY experience of gay men - and I have some very good gay friends - they would find the sentence "Gay men are so much fun to have as friends" to be patronising, sweeping, shallow and impersonal.
You do realize that you are doing what I did? you are using your experience to suggest you know how gay men feel.

There is nothing patronizing about suggesting someone is fun to be around. Our middle son is gay and he doesn't find it patronizing knowing he makes us laugh and that we find his company fun. If that's shallow, so be it, I can live with that.
Old 29-10-2017, 09:35 PM #67
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I'm sorry. I mean, maybe there is some truth in this but this is beyond my comprehension. I can not accept that transexuals are mainly suffering from mental illness and past abuse. Transsexualism is not a and must never be seen as a mental condition or a condition of circumstance.
Of course its a mental health condition in itself. As its believeing you are something you are not. Fairly similar to anorexia actually. Or Body dysmorphic disorder. Both of which are classed as mental health disorders.

But ignoring that, saying trans people suffer mental health problems disproportionately to the rest of the population, based on the only study we have available...surely is not a problem? Saying more studies need to go into it, is not a problem?

Saying its very important for research to be done on detransitioners, is not a problem either. As this is very important as it affects a lot of people, and will affect even more when this generation of 'trans kids' grows up and start suing the NHS and their parents. Yet research into this very subject was blocked due to transactivists and 'political correctness'...it as deemed not neccesary because of negative publicity it would create for the university. Mental...again.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ersal-research or http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7965281.html - proof of my last paragraph
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 29-10-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 29-10-2017, 10:42 PM #68
-

-

Quote:
You do realize that you are doing what I did? you are using your experience to suggest you know how gay men feel.

There is nothing patronizing about suggesting someone is fun to be around. Our middle son is gay and he doesn't find it patronizing knowing he makes us laugh and that we find his company fun. If that's shallow, so be it, I can live with that.
No, I'm using my experience of specific people to point out for a fact that your generalisations of a group of people are clearly not true for all members of that group. It's great that your son, as an individual, doesn't find it patronising. It means absolutely nothing about how anyone else would feel about it. And it's great that you find his company fun. I wonder... Would you find his company tedious if he was straight? Or could it - perhaps - be that your enjoyment of him as an individual personality has absolutely piss all to do with his sexuality?
Old 30-10-2017, 06:16 AM #69

Quote:
No, I'm using my experience of specific people to point out for a fact that your generalisations of a group of people are clearly not true for all members of that group. It's great that your son, as an individual, doesn't find it patronising. It means absolutely nothing about how anyone else would feel about it. And it's great that you find his company fun. I wonder... Would you find his company tedious if he was straight? Or could it - perhaps - be that your enjoyment of him as an individual personality has absolutely piss all to do with his sexuality?
This is starting to feel like semantic games... I'm not playing.
Old 30-10-2017, 06:31 AM #70
-

-

Quote:
This is starting to feel like semantic games... I'm not playing.
It isn't semantic games at all, it bugs me when people are defined or pre-defined by people's expectations of their social archetype rather than as an individual. It couldn't be much simpler.
Old 30-10-2017, 07:33 AM #71

Quote:
Of course its a mental health condition in itself. As its believeing you are something you are not. Fairly similar to anorexia actually. Or Body dysmorphic disorder. Both of which are classed as mental health disorders.

But ignoring that, saying trans people suffer mental health problems disproportionately to the rest of the population, based on the only study we have available...surely is not a problem? Saying more studies need to go into it, is not a problem?

Saying its very important for research to be done on detransitioners, is not a problem either. As this is very important as it affects a lot of people, and will affect even more when this generation of 'trans kids' grows up and start suing the NHS and their parents. Yet research into this very subject was blocked due to transactivists and 'political correctness'...it as deemed not neccesary because of negative publicity it would create for the university. Mental...again.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ersal-research or http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7965281.html - proof of my last paragraph
But not all trans are body dysmorphic. Are people who enjoy ‘gender expression’ or those who are ‘gender nonconformist’ and ‘genderqueer’ also suffering from mental illness? There are so many different types of trans people and not all of them have gender dysphoria.
Old 30-10-2017, 07:38 AM #72
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What parts of gender roles do you think are down to biology/neurology?
Basically all of it? I'm not gonna talk about clothes and makeup because fashions change and have changed over time, while most aspects of gender roles have remained solid.

Males and females are biologically and neurologically different, and these differences are what inform the differences in the roles males and females generally take in society.

Males have about 7% more grey matter in their brains, and in the cerebellum men have more connections between hemispheres, which means an increased ability to translate perception, and for motorskill and ability. Along with the on average higher bone density and muscle mass, this makes males better suited for physical work, and which is why back in our primitive days, men were the hunters.

Meanwhile, females have about 10% more white matter in their brains, and more connections between frontal lobes, which translates to greater empathy, social skills, and nurturing behaviours. This is why women are better suited for staying at home and raising the kids, while men go out and earn the daily bread.

And then there's hormones to consider. Higher testosterone in males drives behaviours such as competitiveness, higher sex drive, more aggression, and providing resources to attract potential mates. Females have more estrogen, which fuels the instincts to nurture and emphasize. Which could explain why courses and careers geared around helping others (nursing, child care, etc.) We even could touch briefly on the makeup thing, as being attractive helps females attract a mate who can provide children and resources.

At the end of the day, we are animals, and we are the products of biology.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 08:18 AM #73

Prenatal Exposure to Anticonvulsants and Psychosexual Development
https://link.springer.com/article/10...:1018789521375

Typical female 2nd–4th finger length (24D) ratios in male-to-female transsexuals—possible implications for prenatal androgen exposure http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...06453005001770
Old 30-10-2017, 01:03 PM #74
0_o

0_o

Quote:
But not all trans are body dysmorphic. Are people who enjoy ‘gender expression’ or those who are ‘gender nonconformist’ and ‘genderqueer’ also suffering from mental illness? There are so many different types of trans people and not all of them have gender dysphoria.
Trassexuals are.

Trangenders without dysphoria simply enjoy dressing a certain way and simply saying they are women. Which is utter bollocks tbh, people like this are just femine males, or masculine females.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Basically all of it? I'm not gonna talk about clothes and makeup because fashions change and have changed over time, while most aspects of gender roles have remained solid.

Males and females are biologically and neurologically different, and these differences are what inform the differences in the roles males and females generally take in society.

Males have about 7% more grey matter in their brains, and in the cerebellum men have more connections between hemispheres, which means an increased ability to translate perception, and for motorskill and ability. Along with the on average higher bone density and muscle mass, this makes males better suited for physical work, and which is why back in our primitive days, men were the hunters.

Meanwhile, females have about 10% more white matter in their brains, and more connections between frontal lobes, which translates to greater empathy, social skills, and nurturing behaviours. This is why women are better suited for staying at home and raising the kids, while men go out and earn the daily bread.

And then there's hormones to consider. Higher testosterone in males drives behaviours such as competitiveness, higher sex drive, more aggression, and providing resources to attract potential mates. Females have more estrogen, which fuels the instincts to nurture and emphasize. Which could explain why courses and careers geared around helping others (nursing, child care, etc.) We even could touch briefly on the makeup thing, as being attractive helps females attract a mate who can provide children and resources.

At the end of the day, we are animals, and we are the products of biology.
Everything you have just mentioned, is a result of biological differences between the sexes though. Nothing to do with 'gender'? Yes male and female people are different. Thats kind of my point. Males cannot be female. And females cannot be male. As its all just biology.

For example, you mention women being better suited for nurturing and caring professions. A male who choses a caring profession, does not become a woman. He is just a man who likes caring.

There is so much crossover in our brains...that sexed bodies are pretty much the only proper difference between males and females.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-compassionate

Quote:
Yesterday, journalists at Huffington Post Live asked me to comment on whether women are more compassionate than men. Scientists in general tend to cringe at any strong black-and-white statements of this kind since we know there is no data to support such strong claims. If you ask a neuroscientist to distinguish a male from a female brain, for example, s/he would have a difficult time doing so. Although differences have been detected (for example, women appear to make greater use of both hemispheres of the brain and therefore have a slightly thicker corpus callosum—the part of the brain that bridges the two hemispheres), the differences are subtle and there is no single area of the brain that we can say clearly distinguishes a male brain from a female brain.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 30-10-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 30-10-2017, 01:17 PM #75
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Prenatal Exposure to Anticonvulsants and Psychosexual Development
https://link.springer.com/article/10...:1018789521375

Typical female 2nd–4th finger length (24D) ratios in male-to-female transsexuals—possible implications for prenatal androgen exposure http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...06453005001770
Stuff like this really needs to be looked into more. I am more than willing to accept that there are biological reasons for transsexual people being transsexual. None of this is anything to do with the new breed of 'transgender' though. As transsexuals have nothing in common with 'transgender'. Transsexuals are at odds with their sexed bodies, and will take steps to 'change' this. Transgenders are the ones yelling about how the penis is a female organ and other rubbish like that. Its trangenders who are causing the problems right now, and making life harder for actual transsexual people.

Just read this piece by Miranda Yardley which explains a lot of my views on this topic pretty well. Before denouncing her as a terf or 'transphobic'...Miranda is actually a transsexual...and a lot of transsexual people agree with what she says.

http://mirandayardley.com/en/finding...gender-rights/

Miranda was also present in the speakers corner incident (the 60 year old being attacked by transactivists) and the activists were telling her she was transphobic too. They did not like it when she told them transmysoginy was a made up word Idiots.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 30-10-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
terf, wars