PDA

View Full Version : Ive Got A gut feeling eatocks done the eye..

JohnnyBB
06-05-2013, 01:07 PM
ive got this strange thought that eatocks done the eye this year i dont think channel 5 are useing there template.

Jake.
06-05-2013, 01:08 PM
And why is that?

Jake.
06-05-2013, 01:09 PM
But tbf I have been imagining them using Eatock's template again :love:

Gstar
06-05-2013, 01:09 PM
I doubt it because they incorporate it with channel 5 itself and it would be a whole different thing.

But if it's true I might just die, lol.

_Seth
06-05-2013, 01:10 PM
The Eatock eye is overrated. Yeah I said it.

Jarrod

:worship:

JohnnyBB
And why is that?

All this news of change and going back to the old, it just could happen.

Billy
06-05-2013, 01:11 PM

I agree! I kinda like the C5 eye.

Jake.
06-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Eatock's eye design>>>>> the BB13 eye>>>>>> the other **** which has come from BB on 5

Jake.
06-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't mind as much if they removed the clouds/HM's faces from the titles. The reason I loved the first BB13 trailer so much was because of the background as well, looked really cool and retro. Then the actual titles came along, and we were back to clouds again. I just don't get why they are needed.

billy123
06-05-2013, 01:17 PM
ThomasC can do the eye for all i care it really doesnt matter as long as C5 stop serving up the utter pish they have subjected us to since they sadly took over BBUK.

Loukas
06-05-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't think they will, Eatocks eyes were amazing but BB has a new identity on C5

Gstar
06-05-2013, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't mind as much if they removed the clouds/HM's faces from the titles. The reason I loved the first BB13 trailer so much was because of the background as well, looked really cool and retro. Then the actual titles came along, and we were back to clouds again. I just don't get why they are needed.

Sometimes I truly think that they're trolling us with the clouds

Withano
06-05-2013, 01:28 PM
I agree! I kinda like the C5 eye.

Your hair is incredible and I don't care about the Big Brother eye

Billy
06-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Your hair is incredible and I don't care about the Big Brother eye

Hahahahaha, why thank you!

daniel-lewis-1985
06-05-2013, 02:09 PM

I know BB is about isolation so I don't know why the titles contain a perfect blue sky and clouds.

There should be titles dedicated to the theme of the house and eye.

Josy
06-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Thank god at least someone agree's I have been saying this for years..

And Johnnybb thanks for making a thread just to let us all know your 'gut feeling'

JohnnyBB
06-05-2013, 02:22 PM
And Johnnybb thanks for making a thread just to let us all know your 'gut feeling'

oh no probs :blush:

Patrick
06-05-2013, 02:29 PM
LOL. 'i've got a gut feeling'.
It's just wishful thinking, we'll be stuck with a tacky design instead dw.

Eatock's eye design>>>>> the BB13 eye>>>>>> the other **** which has come from BB on 5

:worship: BB13 Eye >>> everything else from Channel 5

Patrick
06-05-2013, 02:34 PM
How the **** is the Eatock design over rated.

In what world is this;

http://www.macgambling.com/uploadedImages/freebetcodes/NewsImages/TN264900_Celebrity_big_brother_2011_eye.jpg

Better than this;

http://blog.simplifydigital.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bb10_eye-300x186.png

emmetmcl
06-05-2013, 02:37 PM
The Eatock design may be over rated but its still bloody brilliant.

What other TV show's logo is as iconic throughout the UK and Ireland?

Patrick
06-05-2013, 02:39 PM
The Eatock design may be over rated but its still bloody brilliant.

What other TV show's logo is as iconic throughout the UK and Ireland?

Exactly.

The Eatock Design is on par with the EastEnders Theme Tune as one of those symbolic and iconic elements that instantly can be recognized throughout the country.

Channel 5, IMO made a massive mistake in 2011 when they scrapped it - and we all know the only reason they got rid of the Eatock design was so they could fit their 'Channel 5 Logo' in the middle of the BB12 eye, because they thought it was cool and funky when it was just ugly.

Channel 5 would of had a really easier job to do when promoting Big Brother, if they had of stuck to Eatock - as it was a design already well established and loved throughout the UK anyway, where as this new one.. no one really knows or cares about.

JohnnyBB
06-05-2013, 02:44 PM
the eye that never was but its soo ****ing gawjuss

http://i39.tinypic.com/50sfvd.jpg

Jarrod
06-05-2013, 02:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHltxAiCYAEN2Y4.jpg

For comparisons... The eye looks so similar... It's unreal. However I do agree that the Eatock logo is overrated. The BB6 logo for example is just two eyes layered over each other? The BB9/10 logos were the best because the template changed.

Patrick
06-05-2013, 03:00 PM

For comparisons... The eye looks so similar... It's unreal. However I do agree that the Eatock logo is overrated. The BB6 logo for example is just two eyes layered over each other? The BB9/10 logos were the best because the template changed.

See out of them all - the BB13 eye is the only one that stands out and is sexy. The rest of them try too hard to be camp and fabuluz by being purple and pink - and that is why they're horrendous looking.

And the BB6 eye was simple - but effective. It also at least stayed true to the graphics of that series. Where as nowadays they don't.

The BB7 Eye was also out of this world, and that was simple and effective. Channel 5 need to realise, you don't need to be 'out there' and as a flamboyant as Louie Spence to get noticed - you just need to have a simple design and a good way of going about promoting it and further designing it.

I mean - that BB12 Eye that Johnny just posted there, it speaks to me so much.

You can tell Mr Eatock was like 'Here you go guys, this is the eye - it's symmetrical, and slightly dark. I think Hello Charlie could make fantastic opening titles to go with this too.'

And Jeff Ford was all, 'lol no we have better ideaz. ur not needed anym0re x'

Patrick
06-05-2013, 03:00 PM

Jake.
06-05-2013, 03:02 PM
They could have done so much with that eye, theme-wise :(

JohnnyBB
06-05-2013, 03:06 PM

imagine it patrick the ink eye splashng down would have looked glorious 0usXIIzieVM

JIkSpC8TrUg

Patrick
BB12 could of been all evil and dark like BB6 or something.

Patrick
imagine it patrick the ink eye splashng down would have looked glorious 0usXIIzieVM

omg. :love:

Gstar
06-05-2013, 03:25 PM

There was a reason for that, it was made to represent the two faced personalities of certain housemates (cough Makosi cough) which was an extremely good idea and better than anything c5 have thought of.

Gstar
06-05-2013, 03:27 PM
BB12 could of been all evil and dark like BB6 or something.

BB12 and BB6 in the same sentence :nono:

emmetmcl
06-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Didn't someone mock up some graphics using that ink blot eye of Eatock's?

_Seth
06-05-2013, 03:41 PM
I know BB is about isolation so I don't know why the titles contain a perfect blue sky and clouds.

There should be titles dedicated to the theme of the house and eye.
The titles could have sinister-looking shots of barbed wire, guard dogs snarling and the like. :)

How the **** is the Eatock design over rated.

In what world is this;

http://www.macgambling.com/uploadedImages/freebetcodes/NewsImages/TN264900_Celebrity_big_brother_2011_eye.jpg

Better than this;

http://blog.simplifydigital.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bb10_eye-300x186.png

They're both crap. :p I like the idea of using a finger print with an eye shape, but it hasn't turned out well.

emmetmcl
06-05-2013, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Phlip;5977862]The titles could have sinister-looking shots of barbed wire, guard dogs snarling and the like. :)

LOL yeah, something like Season 5 of FRINGE's opening titles :)

Tregard
06-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Josy
06-05-2013, 06:53 PM

I said this when this eye was revealed, but I will say again that looks as if someone painted their vagina then sat on a piece of paper.

Tony1111
06-05-2013, 07:59 PM
I said this when this eye was revealed, but I will say again that looks as if someone painted their vagina then sat on a piece of paper.

It cannot be unseen!:shocked:

mkbb
06-05-2013, 08:26 PM
There was a reason for that, it was made to represent the two faced personalities of certain housemates (cough Makosi cough) which was an extremely good idea and better than anything c5 have thought of.

Back in the glory days the eyes were made to fit the theme of the series.
BB5- spikey and red for danger to show new extreme claustraphobic conditions the show was adapting
BB6- two faced to show the large amnount of deception and secret missions that would occur
BB7- twisted spiral shape to foreshadow the large number of twists that would occur over the series.
That was when the show was clever now the eye represents nothing.

_Seth
06-05-2013, 08:52 PM

What a vivid imagination.

Drew.
06-05-2013, 09:22 PM

cheers Josy

Josy
06-05-2013, 10:25 PM
:laugh:

Patrick
06-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Back in the glory days the eyes were made to fit the theme of the series.
BB5- spikey and red for danger to show new extreme claustraphobic conditions the show was adapting
BB6- two faced to show the large amnount of deception and secret missions that would occur
BB7- twisted spiral shape to foreshadow the large number of twists that would occur over the series.
That was when the show was clever now the eye represents nothing.

Someone bring back Stu and have him deal with this person, please.

The eyes never 'represented' the series - you're just reading too far into it FFS. If anything, back in the day all the eyes did was go with the house design and this continued right up to BB9.

Josy
06-05-2013, 11:14 PM

The eyes never 'represented' the series - you're just reading too far into it FFS. If anything, back in the day all the eyes did was go with the house design and this continued right up to BB9.

Yes they did Patrick, mkbb is partially right in what he posted...

A quote from Eatock during an interview

NH: Do the variations in the design bear any relation to the persona Big Brother adopts in each series of the programme?

Eatock: Yes, the designs suggest and reflect the editorial direction that each series takes. For example, when Big Brother was ‘evil’ the eye had spikes, when Big Brother became ‘unpredictable’, the logo was designed to resemble lenticular glass, like that glass that is sometimes used for the front door of someone’s house. They are quite literal and always use a simple shape, lines, circles, triangles, spirals etc.

mkbb
06-05-2013, 11:34 PM

I stand by what I said. I believe for BB5-7 almost everything was preplanned by the producers down to the very last detail which is why each series flowed so well. And actually BB10 and BB11 both had aspects of the eye in the house design as well, however by that point the themes wernt as clear, probably because production wasnt as ordered as it was in the BB5-7 days.