Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Conversation Between caprimint and MTVN
Showing Visitor Messages 201 to 210 of 262
  1. caprimint
    14-04-2020 08:26 PM
    caprimint
    Beautiful when you haven't grown up with them for 20 odd years Yeah that's true, I'm happy to be able to chill out in the peace and quiet for a bit now especially when there's not much else to do. Lockdown is saving me from my grandparents for a bit too Lol yes, the best thing is that all food/drinks in the house are consistently getting restocked here
  2. MTVN
    14-04-2020 08:10 PM
    MTVN
    Yeah I know what you mean, it doesn't quite work. I'll give Catherine McGrath a listen though

Whaattt fields, sheep and cows are all beautiful. And country music is even better with a nice rural backdrop. Yeah I do now I've been thinking of getting my own place but I'm still saving atm and I'm quite glad I live where I do for this lockdown because we also have a decent garden and food seems to magically appear here in the evenings which is nice
  3. caprimint
    14-04-2020 05:36 PM
    caprimint
    I'll have to give John Denver a go I do like The Shires as well but rarely ever listen to them because they just don't have that same twang that American artists do. The only other one really is Catherine McGrath (she's Irish tho), she did a great album

So it's just been brought forward a few hours earlier for you then? Can't say I'm into walking around a bunch of fields with sheep and cows really, we do have a nice big garden which I'm going to be making use of very soon though Do you live with your family??
  4. MTVN
    14-04-2020 05:16 PM
    MTVN
    Ah I do like the Gambler tbf, that's a classic. John Denver is one of the other old country stars I like but his stuff is all quite slow. Do you listen to any British country? The Shires are pretty much the only ones I listen to regularly

Lol that's the problem with lockdown, I've been cracking open my first beer as soon as its past noon a lot of days pretty sure that's acceptable in the current circumstances. Can't Worcestershire offer just as nice walks as London?
  5. caprimint
    13-04-2020 07:28 PM
    caprimint
    Leaving New Orleans is my favourite And he's just recently gotten more recognition I think because I saw him on the country billboard earlier. Ahhh yeah I get that re: Sam, I wouldn't usually like it either but there's something about him I love

Agree with that, I heard a few of Kenny Rogers' songs since he just passed away a few weeks ago and I enjoyed some but a lot of filler too. My parents just got an Alexa and we listened to some country on that

It's not too bad actually, I miss the walks/people around London but it's good to have my own space again and play music as loud as I want. Spent almost every day drunk so far though
  6. MTVN
    13-04-2020 03:54 PM
    MTVN
    Yeah I quite like Thomas Rhett, he's got another new one out atm that's pretty good too. Just put Jordan Davis on in the background last hour and like it a lot, very easy listening. Leaving New Orleans and Singles You Up have been my favourite ones so far. Listened to a bit of Sam Hunt and wasn't quite as keen, bit too R&By for my liking lol.

Ah I do like a bit of Johnny Cash, especially his Folsom Prison album. He's one of the only older country stars I could quite easily listen to really, a lot of other stuff can sound a bit dated now I think. Least listening to country music is one thing you can do as a family now that you're home again how are you finding it?
  7. caprimint
    13-04-2020 11:22 AM
    caprimint
    Oh I'm back in the Shires as well now btw
  8. caprimint
    13-04-2020 11:22 AM
    caprimint
    Nasally is very accurate but it works for him OH yes I heard the song with Thomas Rhett a couple of days ago and I really liked it, Thomas' music is generally more pop ish but pretty good too. Yeah a loooot of country music is about drinking/alcohol, think that's why I like/relate to it so much I've probably heard a few songs by Eric Church but I'll have to listen to more of him as well. My most played lately have been Sam Hunt and Jordan Davis, not sure if you've heard them? They're damn good too

My grandad loves country music but he plays the old stuff like Johnny Cash, my mom LOVES country (especially male) but that's only because I got her into it, she used to not like it before That's all though
  9. MTVN
    13-04-2020 10:51 AM
    MTVN
    Ah I'm glad you liked it, Me and Jack was my favourite when I first heard the album, reckon that would be great live. Yeah his voice is really distinctive, it's not like that soulful or anything but it works really well with his songs. I'd say it's almost a bit nasally but that makes it sound bad lol. There's a new song out he's done with Thomas Rhett called Beer Can't Fix which is quite good and more poppy. I like that about 90% of his songs involve alcohol have you ever listened to Eric Church? Springsteen has become one of my favourite songs so I've been trying to listen to more of him recently but his stuffs quite hit or miss

I don't know many people lol, it's mainly just the people I went to the States with. None of them were very keen before but I think just seeing and hearing so much of it out there has converted them. Do you know many?
  10. caprimint
    13-04-2020 07:15 AM
    caprimint
    Just listened to Jon Pardi's album and it's GREAT, I think there were just a couple I wasn't so keen on but it's solid overall

My faves were Heartache Medication (obviously), Me and Jack, Buy That Man A Beer, Call Me Country stood out to me on first listen. Also his voice/tone is really unique/distinctive as well compared to most other country males I listen to

Do you know anybody irl who likes this kind of music?